IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

My youngest is 15m and her hair is in that awkward stage where it's long enough to get in her food (or snot..) but not long enough to go behind her ears. I usually go for the little whale spout  on top of her head. I despise bangs, although I know it's only a matter of time before she cuts them for herself. Her older sisters have both done it. 

I dont have any boys, but if I had a boy with curly hair I would have a hard time cutting it- I adore the curly locks! 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Why aren't men allowed? lol. 

Lol what a silly rule. You would think they'd love the extra ticket $, and can't imagine many guys would want to go to that anyways...

I wonder if Jessa will actually be there alone. But more likely they'll break the no men and no kids under 9 rules for the teevee star...

1 minute ago, Suz8710 said:

Lol what a silly rule. You would think they'd love the extra ticket $, and can't imagine many guys would want to go to that anyways...

I wonder if Jessa will actually be there alone. But more likely they'll break the no men and no kids under 9 rules for the teevee star...

It's completely ridiculous and yes, I would imagine Jessa wouldn't be going without her little family. 

17 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Why aren't men allowed? lol. 

I've attended a seminar like this before. The one I went to talked specifically about body parts, showed immodest outfits, and discussed worldly fashion. I imagine the church has decided men shouldn't attend to you know, not be defrauded....

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Ahhh as a sage old grandma, I think when hair is dangling over the face and eyes, obscuring vision and little hands are constantly swiping it away, it IS time for a trim...My granddaughter MAY or may not be sporting the exact same hair as Spurgeon- and I MAY or may not have mentioned this same advice to my daughter like a thousand times. 

I know it's the parent's choice, but sometimes it does scream in my mind what an idiotic choice some parents might be making.

Let the down votes begin.

IMG_3696.JPG

Well, I won't downvote you, but I do think you're wrong. I think little baby boy crewcuts are absurd and depressing, but it's none of my business if people do it. Different hair types, lifestyles, and preferences lead people to make different choices. You're probably driving your poor daughter nuts with your thousand mentions. And you've given me a great bullet point  to add to my ever-growing mother/mother-in-law notes for the future: if any of the grandchildren end up with the gorgeous ringlets all of my children had, don't show my heartbreak if they get chopped. (Okay, I might show it a little, but I won't bitch, judge, or nag about it.)

@SassyPants HA...another thing to add to my "Don't be that MIL" list. Having said that, I agree with you. My gr dgt is growing out her bangs and her hair is always in her eyes and she is constantly swiping at them. Too long and in her eyes, yet too short to go behind her ears. In lieu of chopping it off myself, I keep barrettes at my house and everyday when she comes home from school, she goes directly into the bathroom and pins her hair back. When her dad comes to get her, she takes them out, puts them in the bathroom and they are there for tomorrow.

As a side note, the same child (10 years old) had hair down to her waist and she went to visit her mom for Spring break. She came back with it cut off just above her shoulders. My son was not happy. When asked if she wanted her hair cut, her response was "Mama thought it would be cute".

18 hours ago, send*the*ferrets said:

My youngest is 15m and her hair is in that awkward stage where it's long enough to get in her food (or snot..) but not long enough to go behind her ears. I usually go for the little whale spout  on top of her head. I despise bangs, although I know it's only a matter of time before she cuts them for herself. Her older sisters have both done it. 

I dont have any boys, but if I had a boy with curly hair I would have a hard time cutting it- I adore the curly locks! 

My GD hates anyone touching her head- and she will remove anything that is put in her hair to keep it out of her eyes.

18 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I've attended a seminar like this before. The one I went to talked specifically about body parts, showed immodest outfits, and discussed worldly fashion. I imagine the church has decided men shouldn't attend to you know, not be defrauded....

Oh my. I hope they are giving out smelling salts, in case the women go into hysterics! ;) 

@SassyPantsI should have added to my earlier comment to @nst(still sleep deprived thanks to my tiny adorable tyrant) - if Spurgeon is clearly indicating he doesn't like the length of his hair, then I would hope his parents would cut it at that point rvause he should be comfortable. If he likes it, then I would hope they'd leave it alone. And if he doesn't care either way, then I hope his parents do whatever they feel is best.

As for your granddaughter specifically:

1. She's adorable!

and

2. I hope you dropped the subject after mentioning it once. Every relationship is different, but I know nothing bugs me more than when one of my daughter's grandparents keeps insisting we do something a certain way when we've made it clear we don't agree. If we were talking about a safety issue then that would be a totally different story.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived