IGNORED

Glory Hole brings curious visitors to Whiskeytown Lake

47of74

Not that kind of glory hole either...

redding.com/story/news/2017/02/21/water-flows-over-glory-hole-whiskeytown-lake/98233462/

People visited the Glory Hole at Whiskeytown Lake on Tuesday to capture photos of what is a fairly rare event — water flowing into the giant concrete cavity.

Whiskeytown National Recreation Area Superintendent Jim Milestone said water flows down the Glory Hole only about once every five years.

Water spilled down the 24-foot-diameter hole last year during heavy rains, but before that it had been many years since it was used to prevent water from going over the dam.

Binny Bawa of Redding said she saw a video of water going over the spillway on the Weather Channel, so she packed her sons up in the family van and drove up to Whiskeytown to witness the event.

Insert, so to speak, any other jokes here...

Binny sounds like Mother Of The Year material.... "heck yeah I'm taking my kids to see a glory hole overflowing!"

Maybe, Binny will be featured on Willam's Beatdown for going to see an overflowing glory hole. 

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

Binny sounds like Mother Of The Year material.... "heck yeah I'm taking my kids to see a glory hole overflowing!"

It's the rare glory hole that one can take the entire family - kids included - to go see it.

I just thought of this and am now having ridiculous mental images of what it would be like if the Duggars lived in the area and Jim Bob decided an excursion there was in order.  

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

water flows down the Glory Hole only about once every five years.

And then I re-read, and went, eww.  That is a lot of years between glory hole "flushes."

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

And then I re-read, and went, eww.  That is a lot of years between glory hole "flushes."

Yeah and if one is on the lake with their Johnson they should definitely stay away from the Glory Hole

I am pretty sure @47of74 and I  could spend a weekend on a lake, near a glory hole and perhaps a Johnson, maybe even a Big Johnson, and pee our Depends the entire time.

My glory hole brings all the boys to the lake and their like it's better than yours, damn right it's better than yours...

10 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

My glory hole brings all the boys to the lake and their like it's better than yours, damn right it's better than yours...

I was going to make a comment about bringing lube to the glory hole, but your comment was better than mine. Damn right, it's better than mine.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:03 AM, 47of74 said:

On 2/24/2017 at 8:15 AM, LadyCrow1313 said:

I was going to make a comment about bringing lube to the glory hole, but your comment was better than mine. Damn right, it's better than mine.

Fixed those for you.

On 2/26/2017 at 1:23 PM, dpndetfarm said:

Fixed those for you.

Chuckle....it finally dawned on me exactly what you fixed, and dam right it makes it much better. 

And question.  Is that a god dam?

Archived