IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Life with the Soccer Preacher Man

choralcrusader8613

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Yes. We need a button that doesn't down vote the poster, but down votes what they say. (If that makes sense.)

I like those reaction things on Facebook. :D

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started at 9. I was to embarrassed to tell my mom so she found out by seeing the bloody panties in the laundry. 

Commence to her trying to have a heart warming mother and daughter talk... It was not.  I would have been happier and more comfortable  if she just threw me some pads I but she started talking about if a man rapes you you can get pregnant now and how only a mans penis can make you not a virgin and where do you have hair now?  

On on the bright side  when the female teachers in our 5th grade classes took all the girls aside to explain periods and what happens I was proud to raise my hand as very experienced in the matter ✌️

Seeing this thread was "HOT", I assumed I'd be reading about someone MISSING their period and not all about FJ's first periods. LOL!

6 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

I chaperoned my daughters' girls choir on tours for years, I was always a little shocked at the young ladies who were shocked and uninformed by their first periods. :my_cry: It was about a 70% were well informed, 20% had a sketchy understanding,  10% knew NOTHING!  One mom even got ticked at me after the trip because I had explained tampons as an option to her completely uninformed, never had a period before,- THIRTEEN YEAR OLD!  I thought to myself- " Your kid was damn lucky I was around for this"

On a bus trip with MS and HS girls  the rule is "Everyone who can menstruate will!" I always carried a bag chock full of every feminine product known to mankind.  

I wish you had been my mum! Also had been in charge of my girls brigade group! The girls in the choir are lucky to have you.

Geeze, I was 17 before I got my period! Is there something wrong with me? And now they are friggin painful as hell. 

12 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Geeze, I was 17 before I got my period! Is there something wrong with me? And now they are friggin painful as hell. 

Ho, @TeddyBonkers, 17 was normal for you.  I think a couple of my daughters started late when they were 15 or 16.  According to something I've read before, late menarche usually means early menopause.

I don't remember how old i was when i got my first period. I knew what it was from books so i wasn't surprised and i just stole a pad from my mom's stash. Eventually, she realized her pads were going more quickly than usual. She tried to have the talk with me eventually but i was horrified. I told her i knew everything and she just asked me a few questions to make sure i had mostly accurate information and legit sources (ie. Our Bodies Ourselves, not friends).

My mom started her period at age 11---it was in the 1950s and her mother hadn't told her anything about it. She told a friend and the friend's mom explained it.

My mom also said that her mom would send her to the drug store with a note, which she'd hand to the man working there.  He'd get a long pole and knock down some mysterious brown-paper-wrapped box from a high shelf.  That was how nana bought her menstrual supplies.  :my_rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I was 15.5 and mine are super painful as well. Changing my diet has helped, but it used to be that I could barely walk. I was googling "can teenagers get hysterectomies" because it was so debilitating. Are you very thin? That can cause late onset and extra pain. 

3 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

She's trying too hard to recreate Jessa's wedding pictures and the lighting/setting aren't as beautiful. Plus her hair and makeup needed to be touched up at that point. Good pictures, but could have been better.

I also thought something looked off about the photos; her smile seemed forced and fake. In motion, she looked gorgeous and happy though. Weird. 

2 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

1. Periods. I got mine when I was 12 on family vacation. My mom insisted I learn with O.B. (applicator-free) tampons!

2. CD ROM game about pregnancy

I use applicator free cause most organic ones come like that. But for a virgin I can't imagine!! Also the pregnancy game is too much, sounds traumatizing! LOL!! At least you were educated. My parents told us kids that after you get married, God just randomly strikes you pregnant from time to time! LMAO

Just felt the need to throw in my period story. My first was fairly uneventful - except I started while I was cleaning my dad's office to earn some extra money. It was after hours and my mom left me there while she ran errands. I was terrified I was going to ruin everything before she got back. 

But a couple year later I had a mortifying incident at school. I realized partway through the day that I wasn't going to have enough pads to last the day. I was painfully shy as a child and too embarrassed to ask a friend or the nurse. I remember sitting in class knowing that I was leaking everywhere on a day we had to give oral presentations. Thankfully we ran out of time before it was my turn. I just sat in my chair until everyone left the classroom and then told the female teacher. She gave me a sweater and ushered me to the office (and I assume cleaned the chair:my_confused:).

My Mom wouldn't let me leave school though and just brought me new pants. The worst part - we wore school uniforms. Khaki or navy pants. I had been wearing khaki earlier and Mom brought me navy. It felt like every kid in school asked why I changed clothes in he middle of the day. Mortifying!

28 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

My mom also said that her mom would send her to the drug store with a note, which she'd hand to the man working there.  He'd get a long pole and knock down some mysterious brown-paper-wrapped box from a high shelf.  That was how nana bought her menstrual supplies.  :my_rolleyes:My mom also said that her mom would send her to the drug store with a note, which she'd hand to the man working there.  He'd get a long pole and knock down some mysterious brown-paper-wrapped box from a high shelf.  That was how nana bought her menstrual supplies.  :my_rolleyes:

That's so funny!!  

36 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

He'd get a long pole and knock down some mysterious brown-paper-wrapped box from a high shelf.  That was how nana bought her menstrual supplies.  :my_rolleyes:

Ha! This happened to me once about 10 years ago. I mean, not the long pole...but I bought some pads at a CVS and didn't notice anything strange til I got back to my hotel and my friend asked if I'd gone to get food. Turns out, the cashier had put my pads in a brown paper bag inside my plastic shopping bag.

Pads: Still considered embarrassing in 2007, apparently!

3 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Ho, @TeddyBonkers, 17 was normal for you.  I think a couple of my daughters started late when they were 15 or 16.  According to something I've read before, late menarche usually means early menopause.

That sounds perfect to me. 12 years old is far too young.

53 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

I use applicator free cause most organic ones come like that. But for a virgin I can't imagine!! 

I'm a little confused, what would being a virgin have to do with using an applicator free tampon?

17 minutes ago, Jiraffe said:

Ha! This happened to me once about 10 years ago. I mean, not the long pole...but I bought some pads at a CVS and didn't notice anything strange til I got back to my hotel and my friend asked if I'd gone to get food. Turns out, the cashier had put my pads in a brown paper bag inside my plastic shopping bag.

I have to say even in my age of 36 I still get embarrassed buying pads. I get 2 big packages at a time so I don't have to get them as often. 

My mom got her period in the early 50's and hadn't been told anything.  She assumed she was dying. Needless to say she was very proactive about telling me.

When I worked as the school nurse, I had a huge selection of underpants, tampons, pads, and made many phone calls to parents: "Your Little Darling just got her first period!" OR: "Little Darling has something she wants to tell you!!"

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, Fluffy14 said:

Does anyone think how odd it was the Jinger wanted to be surprised at her wedding decor? I thought about that. Most women are very detailed about what is going to be done down to the last detail. In some clips the Duggar girls said how indecisive Jinger is, and she just needs encouragement in her choices. I find this whole thing so bizarre. Like they have been trained their whole lives to think about things the way they were told. Obey, obey obey. Don't question authority. No independent thinking . She must have just hung back her whole life letting others decide things for her.  My only other thought is that she has seen Miss Cindy's  creativity, class , and style and had full confidence she would pull it off. I mean Jinger didn't even know what her groom was wearing.  her parents did say she was a good follower, and would make a good wife in that regard. I hope Jinger starts making her own decisions, based on her own thoughts and ideas.  I hope she learns to be confident in them. I hope Jetemy recognizes this and encourages her in this  and doesn't dominate over her,  because she will just fall in line like she has always done.

My only other thing is now she is married and can freely go a wherever  she want s on her own. Getting gas, groceries, and shopping by herself . I think it would be alluring, exciting and terrifying all at the same time. She has  had a zoo of people with her since the day she was born.   

It's kind of like the way she let Jessa decorate her newlywed apartment!  We don't know how it was edited, but in what they showed she had zero input -- it was all Jessa.  As if growing up ALL decorating was decided by Jessa, ALL photography was by Jinger, etc.  You'd think she'd want to just decide it with Jeremy basically alone, with just one of the boys there chaperoning and not caring about décor.

@Fluffy14 Speaking of shopping, I wonder if Jeremy controls and doles out the money to Jinger? Or if she has control of her own money from TLC, appearances, etc. I certainly hope it's the latter. Esp considering that they wouldn't be making any TLC money without her and certainly wouldn't have had that extravagant wedding. 

Wow; here I thought we were talking about Jinger, but we end up sharing period stories. Cool. Mine was pretty uneventful to start. I was 12 1/2; average age. My mom pushed herself through telling me about it, because I brought home a note from school that we were gonna have the "girl to woman" and "boy to man" films shown that week. That was about a year before. It pretty much put together the pieces I knew already; I'd read Are You There God It's Me Margaret, and thought they were talking about junior high school where all your subjects were in different classes. Like, your "math period" and French period" etc, but I wondered why Margaret was so excited to see blood on her underwear. And I'd seen the pads in the bathroom cupboard and wondered what they're for. I worried about starting at school, and started wearing the mini-pads every day, just in case. Until my mom told me to stop that until it DOES happen. But helped me get a little pouch-purse to put pads in, and keep in my school bag.

I didn't bother telling when it DID come; I think it was after gym that I noticed, which was the last class of the day. My mom found the bloody pad in the bathroom garbage and knew it wasn't hers, lol, so talked to me privately, just acknowledging it. Which was good. It was a big wacky for the first few months, resulting in a "bloody embarrassing moment" during the school musical when I was wearing a yellow costume.

I bless those of you who wore the belts. This was in the 80s, and from cutting up magazines for a school project, I saw ads for the "sticker pads" that were a novelty, saying "no belts! No pins! Just peel and stick". However, the pads I used would bunch up and I was glad when wings came out; I think in the 90s. I taught myself to use tampons when I realized my period was here when I was to go swimming; I'd read about it in the encyclopedia. It was painful at first and I wondered how anyone could stand to have sex.(that part was covered through James Dobson's book Preparing for Adolescence; my mom told me to read it and ask questions after if need be). I typically used between 2-3 tampons per period, and less as I got older; the TSS warnings scared me and I grew to prefer pads. Basically for swimming/going to the beach.

Then I learned about THINX underwears last year, as well as the Diva Cup(my sister learned about the Keeper in the late 90s, but that was before YouTube came around to help my squeamishness), and I've never looked back. The only question is, where to donate my leftover pads and tampons. Homeless shelters and soup kitchens don't want already-opened packs. I'm now in my mid-40s, and glad I can be prepared. Closer to menopause, is it like the reverse of puberty?

Am I allowed to post links about reuseables as such, or are the names enough?

2 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

I work at a grocery store and I have women come in who insist on having their hygiene products put in a paper bag. Or they will have us put them in a separate bag so they can keep them out of their husband's sight. I had a woman the other day say that "husbands shouldn't be bothered with our messes." 

Thank you NE Texas for never failing to be bass ackwards. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'm a little confused, what would being a virgin have to do with using an applicator free tampon?

I figured she meant just a 12 year old virgin, who might not ever have explored her own body, being mortified, having to shove a tampon "up there" with her finger.  At least, that's how I would have felt about it :P

3 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

My aunt didn't have hers till 17.  I don't know if it means anything ~ but she was told she'd have a hard time getting pregnant - but nope, ended up having three kids just fine in her 30's.  Don't know if she's gotten early menopause yet, or not (she's in her early 50's now).

I got mine three months before I turned 13.  Wasn't a huge big deal in our house.  Used pads for a few months, loved tampons.  In the last five years, been really into the crunchy/green/sustainable lifestyle, so I finally purchased a cup a year and a half ago ~ LOVED it, but developed endometriosis six months ago, and hasn't been comfortable to where again yet, though I'm hoping to try next cycle :)

4 minutes ago, Kimichaels147 said:

I work at a grocery store and I have women come in who insist on having their hygiene products put in a paper bag. Or they will have us put them in a separate bag so they can keep them out of their husband's sight. I had a woman the other day say that "husbands shouldn't be bothered with our messes." 

Thank you NE Texas for never failing to be bass ackwards. 

Ever see that movie, "Ten Inch Hero", there's a great line(s) in there about how a man buying his women tampons is a good thing . . .

Hiding under spoiler for those who don't want to read the play by play

Spoiler

Priestly: [to some teenage boys in the grocery store] Think it's funny that I'm buying tampons?

[the boys laugh]

Priestly: You gentlemen, and uh, I use that term loosely, understand what that means? Obviously not. See, this means, uh, that there is a woman with whom I'm so intimate that we're both comfortable with me buying her most personal possessions. This means that our relationship is so solid, so trusting that I'm not embarrassed doing this at all. It means, my friends, that instead of hanging out at a grocery store having a sausage fest with another guy, playing his skin flute, or just doin' a little

[Makes blowjob noises and gestures]

Priestly: all day long, I'm getting laid by a beautiful lady every day. And, she takes it downtown. And, everyone here knows it.

[Wiggles the tampons in the air]

Getting back to Jinger... I don't think anyone has mentioned the "pinning party." What the hell was that? Has anyone ever heard of one? Sometimes I think TLC convinces these sheltered young women that it's a thing when it's really not.

5 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I"d downvote this, but I don't want to hurt your feelings.

Youch!

When I up vote, it's for content. It never occurred to me it would be for the poster. I've never downvoted, because it seems it would be like saying 'you shouldn't say that'. I've certainly disliked some posts, though.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived