IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell Baby Watch Was Short - Benajamin Steven Is Here

anjulibai

On 2/23/2017 at 11:32 AM, Dandruff said:

It's a nice-sounding name, but perhaps the Maxwells should think twice about giving a baby the initials "BS".

Yeah, I noticed that too and BSM. They didn't think that through very well, did they? :/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/23/2017 at 11:49 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

BSM reminds me of my university's Black Student Movement. I bet this wasn't their intention though...

See now when I see BSM I immediately go to Bondage Sado-Masochism.  But that may be me.  Perhaps I need time in the prayer closet.  

3 minutes ago, JMO said:

See now when I see BSM I immediately go to Bondage Sado-Masochism.  But that may be me.  Perhaps I need time in the prayer closet.  

See if his name were Benjamin Daniel Steven Maxwell, I'd be right there with you ;) Let's go to the prayer closet together !

5 hours ago, JMO said:

See now when I see BSM I immediatky go to Bondage Sado-MBMasochism.  But that may be me.  Perhaps I need time in the prayer closet.  

No animal crackers for you!  This is even more gross.  BM-bowel movement.

On 2/23/2017 at 7:40 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Boy, check. Named after him, check.

Yup, Steve is going to make an idol of this kid.

I'm thinking they knew this definitely could be their last baby and they wanted to make sure to kiss some ass. A girl probably would have had a middle name of Stephanie. Or they could've gone the Waller route and used Stevia :-/

New post up about "Mr Little Benjamin". Apparently it was a difficult pregnancy, but Melanie was an "amazing, UNcomplaining trooper". Sarah loves his dark hair. Benjamin came home in a shirt, woolly tank top and dark blue trousers that I don't think are jeans. 

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

New post up about "Mr Little Benjamin". Apparently it was a difficult pregnancy, but Melanie was an "amazing, UNcomplaining trooper". Sarah loves his dark hair. Benjamin came home in a shirt, woolly tank top and dark blue trousers that I don't think are jeans. 

They've said this "not complaining" shit about Melanie before and about NR Anna's pregnancy complications. It just comes off like saying "if you have medical conditions that make you uncomfortable or could even potentially kill you, you're weak if you complain". If they said "Melanie went through a difficult pregnancy, but she was a trooper and got through it with the support of her family", that would have been fine.

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

What IS it with fundie dressing their baby boys like little grandpas? The heck is wrong with a cute onesie? Not godly enough?

DSC_6427.jpg

ok, i'll give them that the mini-me clothes are *kind of* cute on babies, but when his lfespan can still be measured in hours, please for the love of FSM put him in a soft sleeper!  (well, at least they didn't pose him on a chopping block....)  regardless of what he's wearing, little Ben is just adorable, and i'm with Sarah--i love his hair.

during the conversation on his initials, i had a mental image of Steve reading it and then googling BDSM and getting an eyeful of the search results.

20 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Please, no more wrapped up like a cheesecloth burrito or stuffed into a basket. Show some mercy, Chris.

THIS!  And, no weird pics of the wedding rings draped on the baby's toes, either.

At least we'll be spared the ridiculous flower headbands!

8 hours ago, JillyO said:

What IS it with fundie dressing their baby boys like little grandpas? The heck is wrong with a cute onesie? Not godly enough?

Those outfits are all over the stores right now.  Half the newborn outfits I saw the other day were some version of "old man."   I have no idea why, but they are definitely a current fad.

Oh he is such a cutie. I love his hair so much. I wouldn't be able to keep myself from petting his head! Where did he get such dark wavy hair? 

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Those outfits are all over the stores right now.  Half the newborn outfits I saw the other day were some version of "old man."   I have no idea why, but they are definitely a current fad.

I'm a knitter, and one of a knit cabled cardigan for an ingant was called "Grandpa Cardigan."  It sure looked like one, too, with a shawl collar, suede patch elbows, and baggy styling.

14 hours ago, JillyO said:

DSC_6427.jpg

These clothes look too bulky for a newborn. But I can understand parents wanting to post photos of their new baby dressed up in some kind of an outfit instead of pajamas, which is what onesies are. If this were my kid, I probably would have put him (or her) in the plaid shirt, but ditched the Rick Santorum sweater vest.

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh he is such a cutie. I love his hair so much. I wouldn't be able to keep myself from petting his head! Where did he get such dark wavy hair? 

Most of Nathan and Melanie's kids start out with dark hair like that. It goes blond really quickly. I think Drew was the only one that was blond from the start. One of my cousins was the same way - dark hair for about a month, then it went blond. He had dark hair now as an adult. 

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Most of Nathan and Melanie's kids start out with dark hair like that. It goes blond really quickly. I think Drew was the only one that was blond from the start. One of my cousins was the same way - dark hair for about a month, then it went blond. He had dark hair now as an adult. 

OK you made me curious and so I'm looking at old posts. Abigail had quite brown-y hair as a baby. Bit more brown than it is currently, but not as dark as Bethany's. Bethany's was very dark, like Benjamin's. Christina's was also dark but then she's got the darkest now. Drew didn't have a huge amount as a baby but it was light/similar to Abigail's. 

What's also interesting is that the baby photo shoots are fairly recent. They didn't do them for Abby, Bethany or Christina, but did for Drew. All Chris and NR Anna's kids have had them. I dunno if there was a whole post dedicated to Joshua's photo shoot, but what photos I have seen do not depict him in the mummy costume. 

On 2/24/2017 at 5:56 PM, SPHASH said:

No animal crackers for you!  This is even more gross.  BM-bowel movement.

Our last name begins with the letter O- so no B names for our kids.

I do have a niece who, until she married, had the initials BMO.

A nephew with the initials RBO.

On 2/25/2017 at 8:09 AM, catlady said:

ok, i'll give them that the mini-me clothes are *kind of* cute on babies, but when his lfespan can still be measured in hours, please for the love of FSM put him in a soft sleeper!  (well, at least they didn't pose him on a chopping block....)  regardless of what he's wearing, little Ben is just adorable, and i'm with Sarah--i love his hair.

during the conversation on his initials, i had a mental image of Steve reading it and then googling BDSM and getting an eyeful of the search results.

I hate to see babies dressed as mini-adults.  It looks silly but more importantly, woven shirts and such are not comfortable for newborns.  Put that poor baby in a cotton sleeper or the like.  

EDITED to add, I disagree that onesies and one-piece cotton knit outfits are "pajamas."  They are for older people, but not for babies, who spend a lot of their time horizontal and whose job is to sleep, eat and grow.

4 hours ago, Rosie said:

I hate to see babies dressed as mini-adults.  It looks silly but more importantly, woven shirts and such are not comfortable for newborns.  Put that poor baby in a cotton sleeper or the like.  

EDITED to add, I disagree that onesies and one-piece cotton knit outfits are "pajamas."  They are for older people, but not for babies, who spend a lot of their time horizontal and whose job is to sleep, eat and grow.

Well said, @Rosie!  I dressed my girls in sleepers, t-shirts, nightgowns and the occasional matinee jacket when they were newborns.  Only on very special occasions would they maybe wear a dress.  I still remember some of these clothes after 36 years:  the blue gown known as Little Miss Blue, the pink sleeper with Pooh on the breast and the big collar.....

On 3/2/2017 at 0:43 PM, PennySycamore said:

Well said, @Rosie!  I dressed my girls in sleepers, t-shirts, nightgowns and the occasional matinee jacket when they were newborns.  Only on very special occasions would they maybe wear a dress.  I still remember some of these clothes after 36 years:  the blue gown known as Little Miss Blue, the pink sleeper with Pooh on the breast and the big collar.....

Same here. It was a graduation of sorts when my babies wore an "outfit" for the first time. I kept them in snugly soft sleepers for the first several weeks. I think my daughter even wore a sleeper to her first church service - GASP!  But it had a lacy collar and little rosebuds on it. Still, it was all soft and warm. I always think the stiff cotton shirts look so uncomfortable for babies.  I feel the same about jeans. How is an infant  suppsoeed to kick and move in denim or corduroy?  

Maybe I am projecting since I can't kick and move around in denim and corduroy. :my_confused::my_confused::my_confused:

I still have DD's little t-shirt material dress she wore with lacy (soft) tights to meet her great grandma for the first time. It was an outfit but still very soft. Soft girly sleepers for her the rest of the time. Soft sleepers for the boys too, or soft little "sweat" sets.

Benjamin?? Not Ezra or Elijah or Ecclesiastes (however it is spelled)??? I suppose since Christina is now always TINA the A-Z thing is over? I really thought it would be an E name.

Archived