IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell Baby Watch Was Short - Benajamin Steven Is Here

anjulibai

So, Melanie is due March 6th, which is less than 2 weeks from now. Since she has always gone early, I figured it's time to start a baby watch thread. Post any predictions or thoughts. :)

My predictions:

I'm thinking it's going to be a girl, though I hope not. They will name her Esther Grace and call her Essie. She'll be tiny with dark hair that will quickly change to blonde. I'm going with being born March 1st.

If it's a boy, I'm guessing Benjamin Elijah, called Elijah. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 1st. I can see them using Ezekiel "Zeke" since they love nicknames so much. Ezekiel Benjamin or Eden Charity. I have no idea what I think the gender is. 

I'm still surprised that neither of her SILs are preggo. Or did I miss something?  I'm going with a girl, and since the others have non-biblical names I can see Elizabeth or Eliza.  Born in the next week.  Wishing her an easy birth since the rest of her life is being served in Maxhell. 

35 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'm still surprised that neither of her SILs are preggo. Or did I miss something?  I'm going with a girl, and since the others have non-biblical names I can see Elizabeth or Eliza.  Born in the next week.  Wishing her an easy birth since the rest of her life is being served in Maxhell. 

We aren't aware of any other pregnancies. Daniel is only 7 months; NR Anna has been a little variable in her spacing but her average is 15 months which would put her due in October and she wouldn't be very far along yet. Since she only has one there's no spacing/interval to predict Elissa's next pregnancy but Calia won't be two until October. I'd predict a baby for Elissa by the end of the year.

Actually the only one of their names that isn't biblical is Christina which is based off Christ so it should probably get a pass. Susannah, Abigail, Bethany and Andrew are all from the bible (so is Elizabeth for that matter).

The only one of Nathan and Melanie's babies to have his gender revealed beforehand is Andrew, so I'm guessing that #5 is another girl.  The Maxwells have gotten pretty tightlipped about most stuff the past few years (not that there's anything to talk about)

I don't think they'll use the middle name Grace since that's already Calia's. Although maybe sharing middla names is ok. The other girls have virtue names- what other ones are there? They've used Hope, Faith and Mercy. Charity? Although the Maxwells not show any. Verity? Prudence? 

This pregnancy seems to have gone more smoothly than her previous five. Hopefully, though, this will be her last. She's had a rough time (bar this last one) and at her age it'd just be harder. 

57 minutes ago, divadivine said:

I think Elizabeth is off the table due to the failed Elizabeth Munck courtship. 

Elizabeth is Ruthanne's middle name, so maybe not? It's hard to say. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Elizabeth is Ruthanne's middle name, so maybe not? It's hard to say. 

I don't think they would use it as a first name. 

I don't think Nathan and Melanie would use Elizabeth because they already have a Bethany who is apparently sometimes called Betsy and sometimes called Bethie. Maybe they'll use Eliza by itself?

As said in the other thread, I am going with Benjamin for a boy and Deborah or Danielle for a girl. I imagine not Danielle because of cousin Daniel, but I like it and they could call her Dani or Elle. They tend to use more commonly known Biblical names and all the children have names that have nicknames. Abigail-Abby, Bethany-Betsy though is normally Beth, Christina-Tina but also could use Christy or Chrissy, Andrew-Drew but could use Andy as well.

So Benjamin and Deborah or Danielle are common Biblical names and have nicknames, Ben/Benny/Jimmy for Benjamin and Deb/Debbie for Deborah. A girl's middle name will be a virtue of some sort as they have Hope, Faith and Mercy so far. Grace would be a good bet if wasn't Calia's given middle name. So I imagine something like Charity, Verity, Patience will be used for a middle name. A boy would have another common biblical name, but not one used by the family. So no Nathan, Christopher, Joseph, John, Jesse, Joshua or Daniel and no Titus or Steven either. Perhaps Adam, Elijah, Gabriel, Isaac, Jacob, Jarred, Joel, Lucas, Mark, Matthew, Noah, Paul, Peter, Simon, Thomas or Timothy. 

So my picks are Benjamin Paul or Benjamin Jacob, Deborah Charity or Danielle Patience. 

I do not think they will go with E for a girl based on the ABC pattern and A pattern for their children. Drew is a common nickname for Andrew and sudden E doesn't fit the pattern. 

Well Benjamin Steven Maxwell has arrived. 8lb 140z so a good size. Well done mumma. No problems this time round which must be nice for his mum. 

Winner winner chicken dinner to all the Benjamin guessers. 

Wow, this thread was good timing. And damn, the Maxwells are predictable with names - Benjamin was pretty obvious for a boy. Steven would have been my second guess for a middle name. 

Benjamin was big!

Now they'll have to have one more so that they have the ABC girls and the ABC boys. I can't remember, have they actually ever referred to them as the ABC girls, or is that just an FJ thing?

I'm thinking Elizabeth Patience or Benjamin Steven

I'm so pissed at myself, I typed this out last night and then got caught up in something else and never posted it. Argh...!

Better change the name of  the thread.

Now its time for grotesque newborn pics by Prissy Chris assisted by Poor Sarah.

Congratulations to Melanie, I am very happy for her that there were no more complications.  And I sincerely wish that this was her last baby!

The Maxwell's are predictable and boring, but the odds of a Maxwell spawn being named Spurgeon, Wilberforce, Heistheway, or some other comprably horrid baby name are low.  

Archived