IGNORED

FBI probing calls for genocide made at NC meeting

47of74

And in other hate crime news...

wlos.com/news/local/fbi-assessing-threat-against-muslims-made-during-nc-meeting

The FBI says it's looking into reports of death threats made against Muslims during a meeting of conservative activists in North Carolina.

Local news outlets report Monday the Council on American-Islamic Relations asked federal authorities to look into a meeting last week in Kernersville where a group listened to a guest speaker talk about the Muslim Brotherhood.

In audio posted on alternative newspaper Triad City Beat's website, someone says, "Any recommendations on how we can stop this? Because my only recommendation is to start killing the hell out of them."

The comment follows a conversation about Muslims who the speaker suggests are trying to take over the United States.

I'm not surprised at all. I have a friend who is Muslim and there has gotten to be a lot of open hatred towards Muslims here in NC. Sadly I think it is only a matter of time until something really bad happens. Trump's win has made folks think that they can be more open with their hatred. 

6 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I'm glad that the FBI is looking into this, @47of74.

I'm glad it's being looked in to as well, but I have my doubts as to the commitment of the FBI now to deal with these sorts of things.  After all they helped install the orange one in the Presidency.

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm not surprised at all. I have a friend who is Muslim and there has gotten to be a lot of open hatred towards Muslims here in NC. Sadly I think it is only a matter of time until something really bad happens. Trump's win has made folks think that they can be more open with their hatred. 

Yeah, the day after the election I flat out asked the local police chief and the city council where I live if they were going to take any stupid crap right wingers did seriously, or push it under the rug. 

I'm Muslim and American. My husband is from Sri Lanka. We're making provisions for the possibility that we may need to leave the US to be safe. Our circle of friends have been doing so, as well. I never, ever thought this might be an issue I'd ever have to consider, and yet, here we are. 

@Imagine I'm so sorry that you no longer feel safe here. Just know that there are people who care and are disgusted by what's going on. Best wishes to you and your family. Stay safe.

I'm here on a green card. I'm white, not Muslim and speak English, so I probably won't be harassed. And THAT is discrimination. Remember Manzanar? Easy to pick on the people who look or worship "differently".

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm here on a green card. I'm white, not Muslim and speak English, so I probably won't be harassed. And THAT is discrimination. Remember Manzanar? Easy to pick on the people who look or worship "differently".

I'd meant to go see "Allegiance", a film of George Takei's play about his family's internment during WWII the other night and I forgot.  It was in select theatres on the 75th Anniversary of the order to imprison Japanese citizens and resident aliens. 

This kind of shit should not be happening in the US.

On 2/21/2017 at 5:39 PM, Imagine20 said:

I'm Muslim and American. My husband is from Sri Lanka. We're making provisions for the possibility that we may need to leave the US to be safe. Our circle of friends have been doing so, as well. I never, ever thought this might be an issue I'd ever have to consider, and yet, here we are. 

I am really sorry about all this.  We're not all ignorant Branch Trumpvidians - some of us are quite disgusted and angry over all the garbage Agent Orange and his  groupies have been pulling.

As for feeling unsafe, hell there are times when I no longer feel safe in this country.  I'm a white American citizen and my family has been here for well over a century now.  We're getting close to being here almost two centuries now.  I'm at Episcopalian (aka Catholic Lite) who was raised Catholic.  There are days if I could I'd high tail it out tomorrow.  I'm thinking of moving out of Iowa once I'm done with school because it's becoming North Mississippi lately.

Archived