IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Sometimes she would get frustrated and say, "you, you know who I'm talking to!" 

My mum does this as well.

5 kids and sometimes I get one of her pet's names before she remembers which one I am.

It is funny, but when she looks at you and goes "Tom!" (a very gorgeous fluffy cat) it's odd.

57 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

My mom only had three, but she still confused us with the dog from time to time.

I only have one, and I confuse him with the dog :pb_lol:

Started watching it, and my big takeaway is shock that they still let Josie sit on the counter. She's six, ffs, that is too old for that to be anything other than disgusting. 

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

Started watching it, and my big takeaway is shock that they still let Josie sit on the counter. She's six, ffs, that is too old for that to be anything other than disgusting. 

A while back I go into the kitchen to find kid sitting on the counter with filthy feet waiting for the toaster to pop.  I barked at her to get DOWN.  I wanted to ask her if she thought she was a Duggar, but I knew she wouldn't know the reference.

A couple of thoughts 

1.) sometimes I still sit on the counter. It's a convenient way to stay in the kitchen while cooking. I have noted the disapproval for the next time you guys come over.

2.) was anyone else struck with the irony of seeing the giant Zika poster in the airport knowing what we know now about Jill and Derek?

3.) that greenery art project looked like a nightmare. Was it secretly hazing for the people planning to court Duggars?

I'm an only so the only time I get called someone else's name is when I get to visit my family. There I answer to anything close to my name; I have a cousin named Dennie and one named Domi....

I finally finished the episode. That fake glare was the most ridiculous thing I've seen. Wow. The rest of the episode they kept artfully cutting right before showing him. 

8 minutes ago, flycat said:

A couple of thoughts 

1.) sometimes I still sit on the counter. It's a convenient way to stay in the kitchen while cooking. I have noted the disapproval for the next time you guys come over.

2.) was anyone else struck with the irony of seeing the giant Zika poster in the airport knowing what we know now about Jill and Derek?

3.) that greenery art project looked like a nightmare. Was it secretly hazing for the people planning to court Duggars?

Hopefully you don't put your bare feet on it, which is my major objection in this case. 

I put Wild Child on my counter-when I'm cooking and I'm the only one available to keep an eye on her (Sammy doesn't count). If she's on the counter, I know exactly where she is! I have disenfectant for germs and I'd rather know what she's up to!

9 minutes ago, JMO said:

I finally finished the episode. That fake glare was the most ridiculous thing I've seen. Wow. The rest of the episode they kept artfully cutting right before showing him. 

the magic of television, right? ^_^ I forgot to look to see if there were any shots of Josh holding Marcus in front of his face in last night's show...

My grandma had two children, and only four grandchildren. She consistently used only three of our names (all three J names) between the six of us(not all J names), and sometimes added in the name Jasper, even though no man or pet in our family ever had that name. So yes, me as a six year old little girl, sometimes got called Jasper.  

Grandma died a few years ago, but we'll still call each other Jasper randomly and laugh about it :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

I only have 2 kids, one is 3 months and I'm already screwing the names up 

6 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

So Derick is my absolute least favorite Duggar ever. How did he lose every iota of appeal (albeit small to begin with)  he ever possessed?? He is just so blechhh. When he got up there to speak, JinJer looked momentarily stricken.

Jessa has emotion! Lots of it. Who knew?!

Those Caldwells are figuring prominently here lately. Is it possible that one is courting Joe and one is pre-courting a twin?

Where was Josiah?!

I HATE that everyone seems so OK with Joy being the next to go.

I would like to slap David Waller's big old fabulous head. I guess it could have been a bunch of JRod's spawn instead. (they were prob chowing down and asking for to go plates...)

Why did Jill even say anything ? She just repeated everything he said. Where has Jill gone?

Just now, goldengrove said:

the magic of television, right? I forgot to look to see if there were any shots of Josh holding Marcus in front of his face in last night's show...

Ha! I was looking for this the whole time. At one point I think we saw the back of his head for a split second, but other than that, it looks like they edited him out pretty good. Every time the camera panned or moved in his direction it would get thisclose to showing him and then suddenly hey, new angle!

That glare is just priceless though. That's just desperation editing at that point. 

3 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Here's the fake glare, though you really need to watch it to see how hilariously bad it is. Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 2.31.15 PM.png

This was the funniest shit ever.

57 minutes ago, flycat said:

A couple of thoughts 

I sit on the counter as well. I don't put my feet on it. I sit there, swing my legs, and read as I wait for food. Because I like to watch my food. 

Watching the episode now. I'm at the point where the "newlyweds" are gving advice. Haven't they been married for 2 years? They each have a kid! When will they stop being newlyweds?!

Also, can Jill ever have a th that's not about her? It's Jinger's time to shine! Let it be about Jinger!

1 hour ago, flycat said:

Me too! I have a tiny New York kitchen.  There isn't anywhere else to sit.  Sometimes my roommate and I both sit on the counter talking and drinking tea. It's nice.

Ok,  just finishing up with the show, and honestly, I didn't hate it.  There were several moments sprinkled throughout that seemed less scripted and more genuine. And, I felt like you could see some of Jinger's personality sneaking out.  I loved how she told her family they could visit, but they had to wait a few months first.  That was pretty impressive limit setting for woman that has always seemed pretty passive.  I don't get the feeling that she is near as sad about leaving home as they would have us all believe.  And as much as I can't stand JB,  I do think he does love his daughters.  He has seemed genuinely sad and conflicted at each of the weddings, and happy for them  as well.  Michelle seems as disconnected as ever. 

I agree that it was nice to see JD and Jeremy joke around.  I like JD, even thought he is a big doofus.  But he seems to be a hard worker and his siblings seem to really respect him.  And I think his sense of humor is fairly dry and doesn't translate well to the dumb show, but I suspect off camera,  he is a pretty funny guy, in their social circle.  I hope he finds a nice, friendly gal to settle down with. 

And it did really seem as if the other kids, the middle boys in particular seemed to really be sweet about Jinger.  Their affection for her seemed sincere, even with their limited vocabularies. 

I do want to ask how the heck they had a jag to drive off in.  What happened to being frugal?

Big Da JB came from a family of 5 sisters, married Big Mama - and they had two daughters first. When he wanted to get one of our attention, he'd be lost in thought and  would start with his sisters-- "Mary! Marie! Barbara! Kathy! Hortense! --" then go on to my mom: "Joanna!" -- and then to me and sister in order--"Susan! Peg--" and I'd holler, "Susan! Here! Present! Stop now!"

I think he thought it was funny. I know I sure did!

I have my twin and my sister and we've just gotten use to responding to whatever name our mom says. Our dad has been pretty solid though!

Also I give props on making all the cupcakes the day of. I was thinking how that was so ridiculous but I guess if you're making like a thousand or so that inside of buying those cupcake trays then make it the day of.

23 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:
Big Da JB came from a family of 5 sisters, married Big Mama - and they had two daughters first. When he wanted to get one of our attention, he'd be lost in thought and  would start with his sisters-- "Mary! Marie! Barbara! Kathy! Hortense! --" then go on to my mom: "Joanna!" -- and then to me and sister in order--"Susan! Peg--" and I'd holler, "Susan! Here! Present! Stop now!"
I think he thought it was funny. I know I sure did!

I have four brothers. When my dad wanted one of us he just shouted random boys' names. I kept pointing out that he should at least get my name right as the only girl, to no avail. [emoji23]

13 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

The truth comes out! (on when they actually started courting)

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 11.33.40 PM.png

What an incredibly bizarre thing to display

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived