IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

So Derick is my absolute least favorite Duggar ever. How did he lose every iota of appeal (albeit small to begin with)  he ever possessed?? He is just so blechhh. When he got up there to speak, JinJer looked momentarily stricken.

Jessa has emotion! Lots of it. Who knew?!

Those Caldwells are figuring prominently here lately. Is it possible that one is courting Joe and one is pre-courting a twin?

Where was Josiah?!

I HATE that everyone seems so OK with Joy being the next to go.

I would like to slap David Waller's big old fabulous head. I guess it could have been a bunch of JRod's spawn instead. (they were prob chowing down and asking for to go plates...)

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do Duggars talk about their own wedding at other peoples weddings? I don't get it. I've been to tons of weddings and never once have I talked about my own. Can't share the spotlight or what?

Why do Duggars talk about their own wedding at other peoples weddings? I don't get it. I've been to tons of weddings and never once have I talked about my own. Can't share the spotlight or what?

Maybe their weddings were their biggest accomplishments in life, aside from having babies. Or maybe they're just full of themselves. Who knows? But that irritated me too!

28 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I think it's only ok if it's like gramma and grampa who've been married 50-60 years and actually have some wisdom to pass down the next generation. But people who've on'y been married for 2 years really shouldn't be talking about their own weddings or marriage experience. Considering there's really no experience in 2 years. 

26 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think it's only ok if it's like gramma and grampa who've been married 50-60 years and actually have some wisdom to pass down the next generation. But people who've on'y been married for 2 years really shouldn't be talking about their own weddings or marriage experience. Considering there's really no experience in 2 years. 

Interesting observation. For a family that makes so  much of the patriarch's umbrella, precious little value is given to any elder's advice!

1 minute ago, MamaJunebug said:

Interesting observation. For a family that makes so  much of the patriarch's umbrella, precious little value is given to any elder's advice!

Anyone who saw how GP Duggar was treated during his illness by JB and the Duggar family, would know that this cult does not revere or respect the aged or the dying. 

Worst episode, ever.

Since I'm humane, I would not even wish that treatment on JB.

Just now, SassyPants said:

Anyone who saw how GP Duggar was treated during his illness by JB and the Duggar family, would know that this cult does not revere or respect the aged or the dying. 

Worst episode, ever.

Since I'm humane, I would not even wish that treatment on JB.

Very good point. Even for a patriarch culture, they put almost no value in GP Duggar. They don't treat GM Duggar any better imo.

That would be because Grandpa Duggar didn't approve of the cult and was vocal about it.

Also, is next week really the last episode of the season?  This season was crap.  All filler.  Is Jessa going to get a VSE or will Wilber's birth be saved for next season?  (BTW I won't call him Henry when they insist on calling their first son Spurgy.) I'm starting to understand why the other Duggar thread took such a long detour.  These people are boring AF and yet I can't look away. 

Everyone is just so insincere and put on. It's the lack of genuine emotion that makes them so freakin boring. Seeing Jessa and Jinger tear up at her bridal shower was the only part that felt kind of real.

Best part of the episode is when Jana says the rehearsal is going so well they might as well just get married now, everyone's here but we'll give them another day... She's smiling but her body language says "fuck this I'm so over weddings."

Here's the fake glare, though you really need to watch it to see how hilariously bad it is. Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 2.31.15 PM.png

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Here's the fake glare, though you really need to watch it to see how hilariously bad it is. Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 2.31.15 PM.png

Tittle:     The wedding

Cast:      Jimbob duggar as the father of the bride.

JD Duggar as the best man.

Josh Duggar as the sunshine.

7 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Just watching this morning. 

Anyone else catch that during the shower when they were doing the games that MEchelle said that she doesn't know all the birthdates of her own kids?   

Such a devoted mother........:tw_anguished:

You are such a blessing.  What was your name again? I know it starts with J.

I wish we would have seen more of Jeremy and JD.  They looked like they were having a good time.

Like Buffy said, JB may be an ass but I think he loves his kids and I missed out on a moment like that with my dad at my wedding so I can't snark on that.  

The cupcakes looked yummy or maybe I'm just hungry while watching this.

Oh and I know someone brought up the truck in the last thread.  If you have friends why not use one?  I used a florist cooler, not my florist, because I had access to one.

I wonder if Meechellle can even list her kids names in order, with no mistakes or promoting. My mom had 6 kids in 10 years, just like lots of Irish Catholics Americans in the late 50s & 60s. She used to yell out our names, starting at the oldest & working down. She could do it like it was almost one long word  "JohnJamesMaryElizabethKatherineJoseph. We laugh about it now & try to do it in one breath.

Sometimes she would get frustrated and say, "you, you know who I'm talking to!" She says the early years were a blur & she can't remember which birth was which but they knew us. We couldn't get away with anything because they were on us like crazy. My mom could tell what bad thing we were thinking before we did. All the moms in the neighborhood were just like her & boy, they talked & compared notes! Meecheeell doesn't have that. But I still think she's horrible in all she did and does.  

I still think my favorite michelle moment was in one of the first specials (I don't remember which) where she's describing her children, and while the first few kids are detailed, by the time she gets to the howlers she's just saying things like: um... he's getting big...

7 hours ago, LogansMama said:

Jeez, why does David Waller feel the need to be upfront in every freaking scene?!

Because he is faaaaaaaaabulous 

10 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I wonder if Meechellle can even list her kids names in order, with no mistakes or promoting. My mom had 6 kids in 10 years, just like lots of Irish Catholics Americans in the late 50s & 60s. She used to yell out our names, starting at the oldest & working down. She could do it like it was almost one long word  "JohnJamesMaryElizabethKatherineJoseph. We laugh about it now & try to do it in one breath.

Sometimes she would get frustrated and say, "you, you know who I'm talking to!" She says the early years were a blur & she can't remember which birth was which but they knew us. We couldn't get away with anything because they were on us like crazy. My mom could tell what bad thing we were thinking before we did. All the moms in the neighborhood were just like her & boy, they talked & compared notes! Meecheeell doesn't have that. But I still think she's horrible in all she did and does.  

My mom only had three, but she still confused us with the dog from time to time.

That would be because Grandpa Duggar didn't approve of the cult and was vocal about it.

So JB wasn't raised QF? I didn't know that. How did he come about to be that way? I remember reading a long time ago that he and Michelle blamed birth control for their miscarriages and that's why they stopped using it. Is that how it happened?

Gee, maybe she should have used different letters like Kelly Jo....

My boys joke that their names sound lime one name smushed together no matter which order they're yelled in-Alexander Michael or Michael Alexander-LOL!

3 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

So JB wasn't raised QF? I didn't know that. How did he come about to be that way? I remember reading a long time ago that he and Michelle blamed birth control for their miscarriages and that's why they stopped using it. Is that how it happened?

Some idget "Christian" told them that.

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

Some idget "Christian" told them that.

And there started the crazy. :angry-banghead:

Ok here's a question...when the back doors open to show Jinger and JB ready to walk down the aisle, one of the J-Boys, looks like Josiah-who was noticeably absent during all that log and branch business. Didn't get back to his seat in time?  No room on the suspender boy bench? 

Maybe im reading too much into it, lol. 

Oh oh and also, in Mr. vuolo's speech he said Jeremy went on the missionary trip to get to know Jinger...wow not even going to hide that you didn't go to help people or get closer to God or whatever they claim to do down there. Lolz

16 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Because he is faaaaaaaaabulous 

My mom only had three, but she still confused us with the dog from time to time.

I still do that, and I only have one who's grown and left home.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived