IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 4: Fake Glares to Hide the Obvious

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

Title is from @BadMurphy noticing the glare hiding Josh from view on the show. TLC, we know he was there, so you might as well be honest about it.

This last episode was two hours of crap we already saw, and it was even more boring the second time around. Pretty sure at this point that the network's trying to bore us all to death. Make it stop, TLC!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's sounds like Jeremy and jinger are very international in everything they do. And it sounds like jinger is breaking away and is happy opposed to jessa who is sad that she left 

I think they should give in and just show him.  He's part of the family.  He may be an awful person but they should own it and throw him in for drama.  

Can I just say that I cringed when I saw that Derick had the mic to talk to Jinger and Jeremy. Ugh. Noooo. Ben might be a bit awkward but I feel as though he at least cared what he was saying. Derick was just spouting shit. 

Just watching this morning. 

Anyone else catch that during the shower when they were doing the games that MEchelle said that she doesn't know all the birthdates of her own kids?   

Such a devoted mother........:tw_anguished:

I give Jeremy a nod for being employed in a real way. His fundie stance is awful and so I say his redeeming characteristic is the "job" as it seems to be "real". 

That is all.  

35 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I think they should give in and just show him.  He's part of the family.  He may be an awful person but they should own it and throw him in for drama.  

I don't think that TLC is allowed to show him.  I could be wrong though. 

8 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Anyone else catch that during the shower when they were doing the games that MEchelle said that she doesn't know all the birthdates of her own kids?   

Of all the things I snark on Michelle about, this isn't it. She's not a devoted mother, she's drowned in kool-aid, and she's more than a little crazy... but 19 (17?) birthdays is a lot to remember :pb_lol: 

I have 2 first cousins. I always remember 1 of theirs because he was born on Christmas Eve (& we were raised Jewish). The other 1 I know it's in June but I'm usually off by 1 or 2 days. 

Even with the Four I have to think about it!! But if she sat down and thought about it, I'd expect michelle to come up with the birthdates.

I just went through a mental list of family and friends to see if I could come up with 19 birthdates, and I could. (really, she only needs to remember 17 of them since twins)

Work harder, Michelle. I wonder if I know more of my friends' birthdays than she does her own children?

Finally watching. Why did the married couples get up at the rehearsal only to give super obvious advice and talk about their own wedding day? And I never need to see another morning devotional. Ugh. Putting aside the big obvious reasons why I couldn't stand a patriarchal marriage,  having to look adoringly and smile and nod at my headship while he mansplains things to me would put me over the edge. 

And who is the bridesmaid with the glasses? 

Soooooo I guess we're getting a Caldwell girl courtship announcement pretty soon. It can't be an accident that the only ones helping with the flowers/decorations are Austin and 2 Caldwell girls... If they're showing them on the program we must be pretty close to the announcement.

1 hour ago, LogansMama said:

Jeez, why does David Waller feel the need to be upfront in every freaking scene?!

Because he is so fabulous

Yes!!! Wtf!?

46 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Plus she could group them by Month as well, like December in their family has 4 people birthdays!

Nope, five. Jordyn, Josie, Jinger, and the boy twins.

12 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Soooooo I guess we're getting a Caldwell girl courtship announcement pretty soon. It can't be an accident that the only ones helping with the flowers/decorations are Austin and 2 Caldwell girls... If they're showing them on the program we must be pretty close to the announcement.

Joe claimed on camera that he wasn't ready yet. We'll see, dude. All the evidence points otherwise, but it could simply be the pastor's daughters sucking up to their star parishioners at the behest of their father.

My first thought was "How is Joe going to support a wife and umpteen children?" But then I remembered Ben. I guess a job isn't a prerequisite to marriage in Duggarland. 

2 minutes ago, snickerz said:

My first thought was "How is Joe going to support a wife and umpteen children?" But then I remembered Ben. I guess a job isn't a prerequisite to marriage in Duggarland. 

God will provide... or maybe Jim Boob & TLC :my_rolleyes:

I'm not drinking the koolaid but I have to say after looking at all these Duggar boys, the Bates boys are just a better option in fundieland. Zach is a cop. Steady job. Lawson well if need be he can always go back to working. He's shown that he has work ethic. Nathan works. Trace seems to work but he's still young. Meanwhile, the Duggar boys are all related to Josh and the only one that's shown promise is JD. I think he's waiting for Jana to escape so that he can to.

9 minutes ago, snickerz said:

Or you could do like Derick and Jill, ask for $24,000 for a 4 month visit to Central America. 

LMAO at Jinger and Jeremy's (mischievous laugh) and Jill and Dericks (obvious innuendos) hinting at sex... Like, gross... and Derick, screw you, not everyone has to get pregnant instantly on their wedding day.

Watching my DVR of last nights episode now.  A few thoughts.

But first .... mucho thanks to @HerNameIsBuffy for explaining the episode.  I read her comments as well as everyone else's made in the other thread before watching my tape. 

-When the ladies come in to see Jinger in her finished dress, only Jess and Jill approach to hug her.  Jana stays back while holding Sprugy.   

-Jill no longer has a mind.  When she spoke after the wedding rehearsal, she started out by saying, "Something Derick always encouraged with me ...."  and she went on to basically say the very same thing Derick had just said to them.  (Chaos of the wedding.)  Combine this with her, "Derick says the baby is going to be a girl so ...." from a couple of episodes ago and its clear that she only says what Derick says.   So sad.     Showing just those two giving speeches was awkward.  BUT, thank goodness we didn't have to hear Boob and DQ say anything.                                                                       

-John David and Jeremy seem close.  Too bad we weren't allowed to see that friendship develop.      

-I thought the cupcake presentation was really pretty with the different colored papers.         

-Interesting that Jinger didn't give her Dad much time to say anything to her before he walked her down the aisle.  (I know she met with him earlier, but she waited until the last moment to walk up those stairs and join up with him to begin their walk down the aisle.)      I know it was because they didn't want her seen when those doors were open to let the bridesmaids in, but Boob could have been waiting with Jinger.          

-Derick's comments regarding Jinger and Jeremy's first kiss was stupid.  He looks awful too. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived