IGNORED

Trump 12: Nevertheless, She Persisted (Let's do the same!)

Destiny

6 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

This is from a few weeks ago, but I just ran across it: 

I've decided that anyone who doesn't love Ellen has no soul. She's phenomenal! :pb_lol:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I would not be upset if Mitch McConnell choked on a chicken bone, just saying. It is is time for him to go.

I always imagine him having a terrarium related mishap.

And now we will probably have a Gothard follower in the White House. 

President-Elect Trump announced his pick for agriculture secretary, former Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue, this Thursday, January 19, 2017. Perdue is Trump’s final appointment to an already controversial inaugural Cabinet

Perdue is a follower, supporter, and advocate for the disgraced Bill Gothard and his homeschool ministry, Advanced Training Institute (ATI).

Perdue credits Bill Gothard and his ministry Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP) as having the most influential role in his life next to the Bible. He goes as far as saying, “every seminar and every piece of literature was produced impeccably in honor of the One whose message it delivered”.

Now, Perdue is in a position to be part of the inner circle of one of the most powerful world leaders. He admittedly uses Gothard’s cult teachings as one of his main guiding principles. He has also shown that he is willing to spread these teachings as far as possible.

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2017/01/19/trump-picks-longtime-disciple-of-gothard-cult-sonny-perdue-for-cabinet-position/

I wonder how long it will take for the tantrum tweet denouncing fox news as fake...

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/832621183719841797/photo/1

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Now this is really scary and makes me want to :puke-front: What's next? Could it get any worse? 

5 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I wonder how long it will take for the tantrum tweet denouncing fox news as fake...

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/832621183719841797/photo/1

You know it's bad when even Fox's selected audience think it's bad. Not even their partial coverage could make Tump look good.

19 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I can't believe it. I thought that he had already scrapped the bottom of the barrel with the wife beater, but why not the cult support, rape and abuse apologist. Who's next a horse? I hope the Senate will reject him.

10 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Who's next, a horse? 

Of course, Mr. Ed!!!!!

Came across this piece on RAW STORY.  If it's not true, it should be:

Republican senator blasts Trump’s bonkers presser

Pres. Donald Trump’s wild and unhinged press conference on Thursday set tongues wagging across the Internet and, apparently, in the halls of Congress as well.

CNN’s John King said he received a message from a Republican senator who wrote, “He should do this with a therapist, not on live television.”

19 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I can't believe it. I thought that he had already scrapped the bottom of the barrel with the wife beater, but why not the cult support, rape and abuse apologist. Who's next a horse? I hope the Senate will reject him.

I'm actually shocked too. I'm sure he won't be rejected because there seems to be almost no drama around him. It needs to make national news that this guy follows the teachings that a four year old should be blamed for being molested and that depression problems are just being selfish. 

Mike Pence talkes at a conference in Munich in front of 500 delegates and representatives. He obviously manages to piss off most NATO countries.

On his first visit to Europe since taking office, Mike Pence said “some of our largest allies do not have a credible path” towards paying their share of Nato’s financial burden. Although he did not name individual countries, his targets included Germany, France and Italy. “The time has come to do more,” he said.

Italy spends around 1% of GDP for military and it's already more than what most citizens are happy with. And Trump would do better not saying that the US grants the lion share of the world's security. Many would volunteer for explaining him how Bush era wars (and more in general the last seventy years of hawkish policies) actually made the world a LESS secure place. Personally I prefer that our taxpayers money go to make a the world a better place, except that my idea of better place is very different from Trump's. Anyway, go on insisting on this dear Donald and not even the right wing nuts will continue to speak favourably of you in Europe.

Merkel had already spoken about Germany's position. 

He was speaking immediately after the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, made it clear she would not be bullied by the US over defence spending. She said Germany had made a promise to increase defence over the next decade and would fulfil that commitment rather than be forced into the faster rises that Trump is looking for.

Merkel said the focus on defence spending could be misleading. Even if Germany was to spend more, there was not the military capacity available to invest in. She added that Germany saw spending on development in countries in Africa and elsewhere as vital to security as military spending.

Good call Angela.  I don't like Merkel but when she's right she's right. There's no way though that the Donald will understand the wisdom of her word.

It's a preliminary budget at this point, but most of you know that the Republicans have been dreaming of doing this for years. :pb_sad:

Wait, Flynn is gone, but he's on the board of advisors for ACT for America??? Some exerpts:

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/17/this-group-of-american-islamophobes-says-it-has-a-direct-line-to-the-trump-white-house.html

AUSTIN, TEXAS—Roy White wants to inform as many Americans as possible about the terrorists he sees in their midst.

The lean, 62-year-old Air Force veteran strode into the Texas State Capitol in late January wearing a charcoal-gray pinstripe suit and an American flag tie, with the mission of warning all 181 lawmakers about a Muslim group sponsoring a gathering of Texas Muslims at the Capitol the following day. Although the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) works to promote Muslim civil rights across America, White wanted to convince lawmakers that it is actually working to infiltrate the U.S. government and destroy American society from within.

ACT, which has been a vocal advocate for U.S. President Donald Trump and his administration, says it now has “a direct line” to the president and an ability to influence the direction of the nation.

Stephen K. Bannon, the former executive chairman of Breitbart who has described Muslim American groups as “cultural jihadists” bent on destroying American society, is Trump’s chief strategist. Breitbart has published several articles Gabriel has written. Trump’s CIA Director, Mike Pompeo, has spoken at ACT’s conferences and sponsored an ACT meeting at the Capitol last year.

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, who sits on ACT’s board of advisers, served as the president’s national security adviser before stepping down after revelations that he might have violated the law in communications with a Russian diplomat.

“These guys are the fringe of the fringe, and now they have people on the inside of the most powerful government in the world,” said Bedier, who has frequently sparred publicly with ACT. “They’re fascists. They don’t want any presence of Muslims in America. And the only Muslim that is acceptable to them is a former Muslim.”

After reading the transcript of the press conference and seeing clips via the late shows, I feel like this guy should be on retainer to get up and say this at the end every time Trump speaks publicly: 

1737715825-billy_madison_quote.jpg

Trump's words hurt world standing - Corker's quote

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said he takes comfort in a belief that Mattis and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson hold more orthodox Republican views on Russia and can influence Trump on that front.

“They’re not our friend, okay?” Corker said of Russia.

It's hopeful to see Republicans realizing they need to rein in the big orange guy.  Again, I'm such an optimist, so I may see a rainbow, but it's really the bottom of my beer mug...

I'm watching Trump take questions from the media again from the other day. I know, know... But I had an audience when I watched it live, and I was trying really hard to control myself. Anyway, he is fucking crazy! Watching this again is an absolute horror show. I know none of this is new to any of you, but seeing this a second time is just... Unbelievable. I truly question everything about anyone who can watch this and believe he's anything other than a completely unhinged, incoherent, fool. He almost seems manic. I am extremely skeptical of anyone who does not see this. It's just so clear that he is out of his mind. 

Trump shouldn't be running a washing machine, let alone a country! 

I am completely baffled. And disturbed. 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm actually shocked too. I'm sure he won't be rejected because there seems to be almost no drama around him. It needs to make national news that this guy follows the teachings that a four year old should be blamed for being molested and that depression problems are just being selfish. 

Sent two emails - one to US News and another to The Hill. Both had articles about Perdue. What I sent below:

I read your article, "<article name here>." I was sad to see no mention of Mr. Perdue's ties to Bill Gothard and the Institute of Basic Life Principles (IBLP) - the same group that counts the Duggar family (of TLC fame) and the Bates family (from TLC's "United Bates of America" and UP TV's "Bringing Up Bates.") 

IBLP teaches many dangerous beliefs - including the belief that female victims of sexual assaults are to blame for their assaults because they must have tempted their attackers. The IBLP Board - including Gil Bates - are currently facing a lawsuit alleging they willingly concealed allegations of sexual abuse committed by Bill Gothard.

Please do not ignore this information. Perdue holds dangerous beliefs era and has no right serving in any President's Cabinet.

Thank you for your time.

Sources:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/homeschoolersanonymous.org/2017/01/19/trump-picks-longtime-disciple-of-gothard-cult-sonny-perdue-for-cabinet-position/amp/?client=safari

https://www.google.com/amp/s/homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/08/22/lawsuit-against-bill-gothard-and-iblp-amended/amp/?client=safari

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/january/more-women-sue-bill-gothard-iblp-alleging-sexual-abuse.html

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/July-2016/Institute-in-Basic-Life-Principles-Hinsdale/

I'm going to look for more articles and try to send emails out to as many of the authors as I can.

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm going to look for more articles and try to send emails out to as many of the authors as I can.

This is a good idea. I've already hit up Tillis and Burr(like it will do any good.:roll:) explaining how I was raised in IBLP so I know first hand about the belief system and then asked why they wanted to support someone who held these sorts of beliefs. 

Although it's not surprising news, it still made me go :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

In a leaked tape, the tangerine toddler is inviting his - paying - cronies at his club to come to interviews for staff interviews.

The article, from Politico, contains the full audio recording . Here are some quotes:

“We’re doing a lot of interviews tomorrow — generals, dictators, we have everything,” Trump told the crowd, according to an audio tape of his closed-press remarks obtained by POLITICO from a source in the room. “You may wanna come around. It’ll be fun. We’re really working tomorrow. We have meetings every 15, 20 minutes with different people that will form our government."

"We’re going to be interviewing everybody — Treasury, we’re going to be interviewing Secretary of State,” he continued. “We have everybody coming in — if you want to come around, it’s going to be unbelievable….so you might want to come along.”

Here's a list of some of the people he spoke with:

On the Saturday after the cocktail party, Trump met with Mitt Romney, Michelle Rhee, Betsy DeVos, Todd Ricketts, Bob Woodson, Lew Eisenberg and Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong. On Sunday, John Gray, Kris Kobach, Wilbur Ross, Chris Christie, Rudy Giuliani, Robert Johnson and David McCormick all schlepped out to Bedminster for meetings.

To round it all of, he reeled in Rancid Penis to 'work the crowd for contributions'.

At the party at Bedminster, Trump nudged his new chief of staff, Reince Priebus, to speak to the crowd. “These members are loaded, Reince,” he said. “He will work the room for campaign contributions. Don’t quote me!”

I wonder which alternative facts will be used to explain this...

55 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Although it's not surprising news, it still made me go :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

In a leaked tape, the tangerine toddler is inviting his - paying - cronies at his club to come to interviews for staff interviews.

The article, from Politico, contains the full audio recording . Here are some quotes:

Here's a list of some of the people he spoke with:

To round it all of, he reeled in Rancid Penis to 'work the crowd for contributions'.

I wonder which alternative facts will be used to explain this...

Bengazi!  

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

Bengazi!  

or her emails... :roll:

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Sent two emails - one to US News and another to The Hill. Both had articles about Perdue. What I sent below:

Washington Post. NY Times and Boston Globe come to mind.  I just don't know who should get it.  The editorial department?  The Federal Government page.

I"m not sure if it's helpful or snarky to address my postcard to President Bannon, but I have 3 on my desk, and one made out to him, so, there's that.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/07/postcards-to-bannon-critics--president-bannon-trump/97579950/

18 minutes ago, dawbs said:

I"m not sure if it's helpful or snarky to address my postcard to President Bannon, but I have 3 on my desk, and one made out to him, so, there's that.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/07/postcards-to-bannon-critics--president-bannon-trump/97579950/

Imho it's very snarky but this government seems very vulnerable to snark so maybe it's helpful too.

Why is Trump holding a campaign rally?  He won the election.  He should know that, since he brings it up on a regular basis.

He has real issues to deal with.  He should get to them.

24 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Washington Post. NY Times and Boston Globe come to mind.  I just don't know who should get it.  The editorial department?  The Federal Government page.

At the WaPo, I'd contact Dana Milbank (dana.milbank@washpost.com). He's one of the best op-ed columnists. For the NYT and Boston Globe, I'd say the editorial department.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived