IGNORED

Trump 12: Nevertheless, She Persisted (Let's do the same!)

Destiny

Continued from here:

“She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.” -Mitch McConnell 

(By the way, I totally bought the t-shirt.)

• Destiny pinned this topic
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still trying to figure out if he's TRYING to be this crazy or if it just happens. Every single day is a new instance of him being incredibly rude, lying, and dismissing everything he doesn't like as fake news. His followers (and they are followers) just EAT IT UP. He's so blatant about lying constantly and yet all he has to do is say something and they believe it, even if they're staring right at the opposite. I really don't get why they are so enamored of him! He's not even charming like a cult leader.

"President Trump’s approval rating is at Barack Obama’s all-time low". Great charts and stats in the article, but it's all "fake news", since it's the WaPo and it's not favorable to the toxic orange menace. Here's a taste of the article:

Since he announced his candidacy, there have been a grand total of seven polls collected by Huffington Post Pollster in which half the country views President Trump favorably. That’s seven polls out of 514, 1.4 percent of the total.

That didn’t matter, thanks in part to Hillary Clinton also being seen more negatively than positively by the time the election rolled around. And it doesn’t really matter now, because the metric on which Trump is now judged is not favorability but job approval.

Is Trump doing a good job as president? At his exhausting/tive news conference Thursday, he suggested that he was, pointing to a recent survey from Rasmussen Reports that showed him with 55 percent approval. Over the course of 2016, though, Trump developed a bad habit of cherry-picking poll results that cast him in a favorable light, and that’s where Rasmussen falls. There have been 138 polls of Trump’s job approval since he took office; in 42 of those, he’s at or above 50 percent. That’s better than his favorability numbers, to be sure, at 30.4 percent. But it’s also the minority.

@CrazyLurkerLady--I agree, he's not charming like a cult leader, he's repellent like a dead fish.

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Continued from here:

“She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.” -Mitch McConnell 

(By the way, I totally bought the t-shirt.)

Me too! I found one on Etsy that some of the proceeds support the ACLU, so win, win!  Can't wait til it gets here, they must be drowning in orders!

38 minutes ago, CrazyLurkerLady said:

I'm still trying to figure out if he's TRYING to be this crazy or if it just happens. Every single day is a new instance of him being incredibly rude, lying, and dismissing everything he doesn't like as fake news. His followers (and they are followers) just EAT IT UP. He's so blatant about lying constantly and yet all he has to do is say something and they believe it, even if they're staring right at the opposite. I really don't get why they are so enamored of him! He's not even charming like a cult leader.

For some of his fans, the fact that he annoys the people and groups that they hate is enough for them to devote themselves to him. :pb_sad:

4 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

For some of his fans, the fact that he annoys the people and groups that they hate is enough for them to devote themselves to him. :pb_sad:

As goes the ancient quote: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

I agree with you. He paid lip service to the babiezzzz (the pre-born ones, that is) and slammed Hillary at every turn, so they think he is great.

I just keep hoping that he works himself into such a tizzy about the media that he literally (and I do mean literally) blows up. If that happens, it would be nice if Bannon, Rancid Penis, Kellyanne, and Pence are close enough to be taken out by the explosion. I know that means Paul (voted by his class as the biggest brown-noser) Ryan would be in charge, but we would fight him tooth and nail as well. I just had a mean little chuckle, thinking of him doing like Redd Foxx on "Sanford and Son", when he'd grab his chest and exclaim, "I'm coming, Elizabeth" during a press conference. I think the only member of the press who would jump up to do CPR would be the Breitbart representative.

Why do we have to pay for Secret Service protection for Bevis and Butthead when they go to the United Arab Emirates? They are GROWN MEN, for goodness sake!  I don't remember that Secret Service protection was provided for all of George H. W. Bush's GROWN adult children while he was president!  Why can't they hire their own security?

Someone in the previous thread mentioned an article by Frank Shaeffer that talks about how the Right made abortion a political issue. And it reminded me of the book I read by Shaeffer that explores this further: 

https://www.amazon.com/Crazy-God-Helped-Religious-Almost/dp/0306817500/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487382207&sr=1-3&keywords=frank+schaeffer

It was an interesting book. 

1 hour ago, AuntK said:

Me too! I found one on Etsy that some of the proceeds support the ACLU, so win, win!  Can't wait til it gets here, they must be drowning in orders!

I promised myself no more t-shirts. I just don't have the space.  However, I might have to toss a few to make room for this one.

34 minutes ago, AuntK said:

Why do we have to pay for Secret Service protection for Bevis and Butthead when they go to the United Arab Emirates? They are GROWN MEN, for goodness sake!  I don't remember that Secret Service protection was provided for all of George H. W. Bush's GROWN adult children while he was president!  Why can't they hire their own security?

While I think we all agree that I hate Trump, I have to give him this one. It IS normal for immediate family, including adults, to get secret service protection. I am annoyed that I'm paying for it for a so called billionaire family though. 

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

As goes the ancient quote: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

I agree with you. He paid lip service to the babiezzzz (the pre-born ones, that is) and slammed Hillary at every turn, so they think he is great.

I just keep hoping that he works himself into such a tizzy about the media that he literally (and I do mean literally) blows up. If that happens, it would be nice if Bannon, Rancid Penis, Kellyanne, and Pence are close enough to be taken out by the explosion. I know that means Paul (voted by his class as the biggest brown-noser) Ryan would be in charge, but we would fight him tooth and nail as well. I just had a mean little chuckle, thinking of him doing like Redd Foxx on "Sanford and Son", when he'd grab his chest and exclaim, "I'm coming, Elizabeth" during a press conference. I think the only member of the press who would jump up to do CPR would be the Breitbart representative.

Get Himmler Bannon out of the White House first.  Then  McConnell. Then Orange fuck face.  Lastly Pence.  Tonight at dinner my daughter and I were talking about all of my first cousins and their different personalities. Who was intense,  Who was laid back. Who was the aging stoner. Who was the earth mother and so on. When I got to one of them I said.  Oh she is the one most like me.  Daughter said..."You mean nervous and anxious"? I give her a look. To which she responds.  "Hey ever since  Trump was elected  you can't even talk about him without hyperventilating".  This from a thirteen year old.  I thought I could hide it from her.  Looks like I can't. 

Not sure if this is the place to put it, but I'm pretty sure the reason I was bumped from my flight out of DC this AM was because of CHRIS CHRISTIE.

United had messed up my Rez on an earlier flight and put me first in standby for the next flight to Chicago. So after last gate call, I was excited to find a few passengers hadn't shown, so I was waiting to get called to hop on when 3 men strolled up - one was a DC police officer, one appeared to be some kind of Secret Service (clean cut in suit with ear piece) and third was Chris Christie, who just strolled right on the flight.

I kind of lost it at that point - I was tired of finangling with the airlines and to see that bastard walk on like an entitled prick caused me to yell "FU" at him. Immature, but I don't regret it either.

1 minute ago, Peas n carrots said:

Not sure if this is the place to put it, but I'm pretty sure the reason I was bumped from my flight out of DC this AM was because of CHRIS CHRISTIE.

United had messed up my Rez on an earlier flight and put me first in standby for the next flight to Chicago. So after last gate call, I was excited to find a few passengers hadn't shown, so I was waiting to get called to hop on when 3 men strolled up - one was a DC police officer, one appeared to be some kind of Secret Service (clean cut in suit with ear piece) and third was Chris Christie, who just strolled right on the flight.

I kind of lost it at that point - I was tired of finangling with the airlines and to see that bastard walk on like an entitled prick caused me to yell "FU" at him. Immature, but I don't regret it either.

When is that piece of garbage up for reelection?  My sister lives in Pennsylvania but works in Jersey.  She works with mostly poor home bound clients. These folks are just barely getting by. She has nothing good to say about Christie. It was funny when he was thrown under the orange bus of slime.  I look forward to seeing him go down next election.

59 minutes ago, AuntK said:

Immediate family of the POTUS are eligible for USSS protection. I believe some decline it for adult children, but they don't have to do so. I don't have a problem with them having protection for day-to-day stuff, but feel that the Drumpf organization should be kicking in some money when they go on business trips that line Agent Orange's pockets. Unfortunately, it will never happen. They will leech huge amounts of money from taxpayers. One of the few things I think Pence would be better about is the ridiculous expense in traveling. I can see him and his family laying low, spending weekends at Camp David. I could be wrong, but he doesn't seem to be into the ridiculous amount of travel.

21 minutes ago, Peas n carrots said:

I would have yelled the same thing. It was probably a NJ State Trooper. Most State Police agencies have an Executive Protection Unit, which is similar to the USSS protection units. They will travel with the Governor and other high-ranking state officials. It chaps my hide when regular people are bumped or inconvenienced for one of these public jerks. It's only a 3 hour drive from DC to central NJ, he could have sat his ass in a car, saving taxpayers money and inconvenience. Hijack: I hate United. I've only flown them a few times since the 1980s, but every time has been a miserable experience. I've always had much better luck with Delta.

OMG, on Real Time, Bill Maher just called Lord Dampnut by my favorite name, Agent Orange. He said that was Russia's name for Drumpf.

@Cartmann99   The paper's policy now is that they'll print the street but not the house number.  I did get one after my last letter in which I called out a local reich winger for licking the Orange Toxic Megacolon in a private area (I'll leave it to your imagination to guess where he was licking too).  I'm not sure if it was OMMH or someone else - whoever it was just wrote the street down by itself and the post office delivered it even though there was no house number.

Otherwise hopefully that come to Jesus moment that the police and the courts had with OMMH last year into this January stuck and he's curtailed his dumb fuckery.  If not and he starts up again I'll just forward it on to the friendly neighborhood sheriff's deputy.

29 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I just saw this on twitter: 

I happened to come across the 2000 tv movie Nuremberg the other night and was watching it.  Got me thinking about how all those conservative Germans though like Bitch McConnell and that Doofus Ryan did, that they could co-opt and temper Hitler's worse qualities.  That didn't come out the way they planned.  I think Bitch and the Doofus ought to ask guys like Franz Von Papen how well that worked.

"Citizen Trump likely wouldn’t get a security clearance. Here’s why." A couple of excerpts:

If Donald Trump were an off-the-street federal job applicant, he most likely would not be granted a security clearance. Measured against the standards applied to thousands of Americans involved with our national security, knowledge essential to granting Trump access to classified information simply isn’t there.

Security clearances are granted after determining that an individual’s personal and professional histories make it safe to do so. The criteria for such a judgment include, quoting State Department policy, the person’s “loyalty to the United States, strength of character, trustworthiness, honesty, reliability, discretion, and sound judgment, as well as freedom from conflicting allegiances and potential for coercion, and a willingness and ability to abide by regulations governing the use, handling, and protection of classified information.”

Eligibility for access to classified information is not based on a person’s wealth, business acumen or ability to persuade large crowds. Great attributes, maybe. But they are no basis upon which to decide whether an individual ought to have access to the nation’s secrets.

The most critical step in deciding whether to grant someone access to classified information is a background investigation consisting of a thorough examination of the individual’s past and current histories.

A background investigation that turns up evidence of possible emotional, mental or personality disorders, even without a formal diagnosis, elevates security concerns , although not to the point of disqualification without an evaluation by a duly qualified mental-health professional. But bizarre behavior suggesting emotional instability, and which casts doubt on the individual’s judgment or reliability, will certainly get a closer professional look before a security clearance is granted. Trump has no such worries.

The White House denies that the intelligence community is keeping sensitive information from Trump. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence agrees.

Indeed, it’s doubtful that the intelligence community would hold back about security threats or potential plots against the United States.

But to expose sensitive information about Russia to an enigmatic Trump, with advisers and former staff now under investigation by the FBI and congressional committees? Without solid evidence that Trump is reliable and can be trusted?

That might explain why the intelligence community may be keeping some secrets under wraps — that is, until Americans who place patriotism above partisanship, such as Vice President Pence, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), decide that the national interests supersede Trump’s fixation and fascination with himself, and they agree that the intelligence community should come forward to speak truth to power.

It's pretty sad that the president probably couldn't obtain a security clearance. Heck, he won't release his tax returns, and that is normally part of the background check.

1 hour ago, Peas n carrots said:

I love you so much right now. :pb_lol: That whole getting stuck at the airport business, really sucks. 

One of the few things I think Pence would be better about is the ridiculous expense in traveling. I can see him and his family laying low, spending weekends at Camp David. I could be wrong, but he doesn't seem to be into the ridiculous amount of travel.

I'm definitely no fan of Mike Pence, but he does appear to love his family enough to not want to start a nuclear war with some country for insulting him on social media. 

Sad that the bar is set so very low...

It chaps my hide when regular people are bumped or inconvenienced for one of these public jerks. It's only a 3 hour drive from DC to central NJ, he could have sat his ass in a car, saving taxpayers money and inconvenience

Once you've accounted for driving to and from the airport, going through airport security, and collecting any checked bags, how much time do you really save by flying such a short distance? :think:

54 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

@Cartmann99   The paper's policy now is that they'll print the street but not the house number.  I did get one after my last letter in which I called out a local reich winger for licking the Orange Toxic Megacolon in a private area (I'll leave it to your imagination to guess where he was licking too).  I'm not sure if it was OMMH or someone else - whoever it was just wrote the street down by itself and the post office delivered it even though there was no house number.

Otherwise hopefully that come to Jesus moment that the police and the courts had with OMMH last year into this January stuck and he's curtailed his dumb fuckery.  If not and he starts up again I'll just forward it on to the friendly neighborhood sheriff's deputy.

Here's to hoping that OMMH behaves himself and doesn't feel the need to send you any more "fan mail". :pray:

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

When is that piece of garbage up for reelection?  My sister lives in Pennsylvania but works in Jersey.  She works with mostly poor home bound clients. These folks are just barely getting by. She has nothing good to say about Christie. It was funny when he was thrown under the orange bus of slime.  I look forward to seeing him go down next election.

He's in the last year of his second term.  He can't run again.

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

I just saw this on twitter: 

With everyone focused on his childish behavior, he did this:

http://content.sierraclub.org/press-releases/2017/02/trump-gives-coal-companies-free-rein-pollute-water-one-his-first-actions

With a stroke of his pen, Donald Trump just ensured that one of his first actions as President was to let coal companies dump pollution in our streams and rivers.

“Trump didn’t try to combat poverty, lower the cost of healthcare, or ensure better opportunities for our families with his first actions as President. Instead, he destroyed science-based clean water protections that would have stopped coal companies from dumping unlimited toxic waste into waterways used for fishing, drinking water, and agriculture.

33 minutes ago, AuntK said:

FB_IMG_1487394773669.jpg

I want this t shirt!

I watched a movie earlier this week that had a scene showing the night that President Obama was first elected. I had to pause the movie because I was crying so hard. The thought of the tacky Trumps being in the White House hits me really hard some days. :pb_sad:

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived