IGNORED

Zuckerberg for president?

fraurosena

Speculation Mark Zuckerberg wants to run for presidency reaches fever pitch after 5500 word letter on globalisation.

Since january there have been rumours that Mark Zuckerberg might want to run for presidency on various news outlets, of which the link above is but the latest.

Now, although I'm not too sure about the veracity of these speculations, I'd like to find out what you think of the idea, if it were true. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Speculation Mark Zuckerberg wants to run for presidency reaches fever pitch after 5500 word letter on globalisation.

Since january there have been rumours that Mark Zuckerberg might want to run for presidency on various news outlets, of which the link above is but the latest.

Now, although I'm not too sure about the veracity of these speculations, I'd like to find out what you think of the idea, if it were true. 

Ugh.  How about someone with some god damn government experience who knows what the fuck they're doing run.

• Upvote 12

Apparently.

Trump, Zuckerberg, Kid Rock... who's next? Oprah? 

It's a world of reality tv. Makes you wonder who's writing the script. 

• Upvote 6

Well, all Oprah would have to do during her campaign is stand there pointing enthusiastically at people and shouting:

"You get a job! And you get a job... You get a job.. You ALL get a job!"

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Apparently.

Trump, Zuckerberg, Kid Rock... who's next? Oprah? 

It's a world of reality tv. Makes you wonder who's writing the script. 

Josie Duggar

• Upvote 4

The Republicans are morons if they don't get behind Evan McMullin for 2020, although I think McMullin considers himself an Independent.  He openly despises Trump, but in a polite, Utah man kind of way.  Zuckerberg, sorry, but never. 

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Josie Duggar

Okay, thank you, I actually did a spit-take at that one! Sadly, I think even Josie is more qualified than Agent Orange, if for no other reason than see seems to be a human being, not a toxic orange megacolon. The thought of JimBoob screeching "HOLA" at our allies makes me roll my eyes, but he'd probably send them a lot of stupid tracts, not hang up on them.

1 hour ago, PsyD2013 said:

Kanye West wanted to run in 2020.  

Okay, I really, really wanted to downvote the idea of this, but I realized you were just repeating what the mega-ego has said publicly. If there is anyone less suited to the presidency than Agent Orange, it would be Kanye.

:jawdrop:

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Howl said:

The Republicans are morons if they don't get behind Evan McMullin for 2020, although I think McMullin considers himself an Independent.  He openly despises Trump, but in a polite, Utah man kind of way.  Zuckerberg, sorry, but never. 

Thanks...I've been wracking my brain all day trying to remember the guy from Utah.  Speaking of Utah, every time I look at the FJ logo I think of Utah. The beehive is on the State flag.  My aunt and uncle used to live in Salt Lake.  Lots of shiny happy people there.

2 hours ago, PsyD2013 said:

Kanye West wanted to run in 2020.  

Oh just dandy.  Another reality star.  We are so doomed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my! Is my jest coming true? Is Oprah considering running for president?

• Upvote 4

Zuckerberg is such an asshole. His whole philosophy is hypocritical bull. He dreams of a free and open internet while selling our data. He talks about privacy leading to bullying and yet he tried to sue native Hawaiians for land to build a privacy fence on Kauai. 

His stupid product has changed the world and the internet, and not in a good way. And that tone deaf manifesto, omg. Or the weird letter after the birth of his child. He's a privileged, wealthy, power hungry business person who got lucky with a product. Not someone who dedicated his life to public service.

• Upvote 10

35 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Zuckerberg is such an asshole. His whole philosophy is hypocritical bull. He dreams of a free and open internet while selling our data. He talks about privacy leading to bullying and yet he tried to sue native Hawaiians for land to build a privacy fence on Kauai. 

His stupid product has changed the world and the internet, and not in a good way. And that tone deaf manifesto, omg. Or the weird letter after the birth of his child. He's a privileged, wealthy, power hungry business person who got lucky with a product. Not someone who dedicated his life to public service.

I despise him, that is one of the reasons I refuse to have a facebook account. I don't want to put one penny in his pocket.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I despise him, that is one of the reasons I refuse to have a facebook account. I don't want to put one penny in his pocket.

That is also one of my reasons for not doing Facebook. I also am a private person. Besides, it feels so second grade girlish to me- you are my friend, you are not my friend. I'm in touch with most of the people I want to be in touch with, and for my more casual acquaintances, I don't lie awake wondering what they had for supper. It's also a good way to avoid MLM (much discussed on the Duggar thread.)

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I wish I could vote this up over and over.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

That is also one of my reasons for not doing Facebook. I also am a private person. Besides, it feels so second grade girlish to me- you are my friend, you are not my friend. I'm in touch with most of the people I want to be in touch with, and for my more casual acquaintances, I don't lie awake wondering what they had for supper. It's also a good way to avoid MLM (much discussed on the Duggar thread.)

I deactivated my FB account. The people I really want to keep in my life can contact me by phone, email or text.  The others?  I just got sick of it the fighting and I started to worry about the privacy. 

• Upvote 3

• 4 years later...

Wow, I had to dig deep to find this old thread, but have I got news for you:

• Thank You 8
  • Love 1