IGNORED

Dillards 26 - Grifting All The Way!

choralcrusader8613

11 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

One of the dating lessons I have learned in life is to never, ever tell a guy on the first date, that you believe that sasquatch "could" exist.

I don't know, I think that's a great measure of compatibility. If he doesn't believe the sasquatch could exist, you can let him down gently before the relationship goes any further.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really not healthy for me. I was in Trig truther recovery and am slipping.... but I can't resist responding one more time. 

1) Different women carry differently. Sarah Palin carried this way in her first pregnancy. The difference is striking. 

image.jpeg

2) It's not just about hiding a pregnancy, not announcing, only being publicly pregnant for like 6 weeks. She did this while Govenor. This is historic. Only one other Govenor has given birth in office. I think the state electorate has a right to know how this effects them, how resources may be used, how maternity leave works etc.

This is actually one of the reasons I'm fascinated by the absolute lack of transparency about records/newspapers/any data. Women in office and maternity leave. This seems like a pretty interesting issue and she would be an example to look to for precedent. But try and find interviews, news articles or other info from this time period about how this would work and you won't find much. You would think as the 2nd Govenor to give birth in office there would be more.

3) Emails from public records request (thanks Andrew Sullivan) reveal that she purposefully turned down planned security assistance that was supposed to accompany her trip to Texas where she went into "labor". They also indicate that several months after Trigs births staffers were requesting his birth certificate to put him on state health insurance suggesting it hadn't been done immediately and there were delays for some reason. We don't have access to the email responses.

I'm putting down my phone now. Someone who knows how can maybe  make a thread for this topic to stop the sidetracking? I will do my best to resist posting  there for my personal sanity. I don't have a good grasp on reality when it comes to this subject.

I wasn't going to post about Palin-gate but here goes,

I've read more about this topic today than is healthy or sane, but hey ho I've been down plenty of other rabbit holes since I found FJ . I'm not claiming to know anything but my own feeling is that the evidence to suggest SP was pregnant at that time is slim to none. 

I'm not convinced that Trig is Bristol's though. The timing of the "pregnancy" announcement suggests to me that it was a late, rushed plan to cover a planned adoption of a lovechild of Todd's. Maybe the mother intended to abort once she knew he had Down's but SP/TP persuaded her to give birth and that they would adopt him. 

Ok, so I'll take my tinfoil hat off now, conspiracy theories over for the day. Let's get back to snarking on the Dullards in scary CA.

I am willing to bet that if Baby Dillard #2 is born without Zika-related complications then Derick and Jill will use that as proof that their God loves them, their brand of Christianity is the best, they are on the right path, blah blah blah. It will only entrench them further in their smugness. They will never realize it was sheer dumb luck and privilege that allowed for a healthy outcome.

If the baby does end up with health problems caused by Zika (and I really hope it doesn't) then I expect Derick and Jill will spin it by shifting the blame off themselves for these preventable complications, and instead say it was God's will. Meanwhile, that poor child will be suffering - all so Derick can play at being a missionary.

17 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

Okay, guys, I really hate to speculate on this but nobody else seems to have brought this up--what if there's something wrong with baby and Silly Jilly thinks "if I have the baby over in CA, we can hide it!" The problem, not the baby.  We all know that neither one of them is the brightest bulb in the box.

How would they know anything was wrong with the baby they don't do prenatal care they have no way of knowing there is anything wrong with the baby.  

Jill and Derrick have a severe case of "look at me".   Jessa is close to birth, Jill and Derrick do that pathetic gender reveal.   Jessa safely delivers a beautiful boy AND gets the cover of People, they have to get in the limelight again with a fake mission trip.   

Another explanation is that the baby has zika and they are going to ride that tragedy to a Jill and Derrick  TV special  all on their own.   Their ultrasound may have shown a problem.......lots more drama delivering in scary America.

If the baby is born in CA, does it have dual citizenship? Could that be an advantage for J&D?

Oh, and all the speculation about needing $24K for a c-sec.... wouldn't jilly muffin still be on Boob's insurance or is she over 26 now?

12 minutes ago, Snarkylark said:

If the baby is born in CA, does it have dual citizenship? Could that be an advantage for J&D?

Oh, and all the speculation about needing $24K for a c-sec.... wouldn't jilly muffin still be on Boob's insurance or is she over 26 now?

Dual citizenship depends on the country. If they are in El Salvador, the baby will have dual citizenship.

Jill is currently 25, but will turn 26 in May before she gives birth.

11 minutes ago, Jilli said:

She's married though. I was under the impression that you can't be under your parents insurance if your married. 

Nope, if you are married you can be under your parents insurance but I don't think your children though can. The main issue is if your job offers insurance you can not be under your parents any long. That clause might also apply if your spouse work offers insurance too. 

5 minutes ago, kjmackin said:

The main issue is if your job offers insurance you can not be under your parents any long. That clause might also apply if your spouse work offers insurance too. 

Well we know that the Dillards don't have to worry about the job part! :P 

6 minutes ago, kjmackin said:

Nope, if you are married you can be under your parents insurance but I don't think your children though can. The main issue is if your job offers insurance you can not be under your parents any long. That clause might also apply if your spouse work offers insurance too. 

That seems super complicated to me, but if it helps people that's cool. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Well we know that the Dillards don't have to worry about the job part! :P 

:pb_lol:

Why is it that these girls think home births are the only way to go? I have absolutely nothing against home births. I have friends who have had them and received pre-natal care during their pregnancy. But with the duggars, especially Jill it is homebirth come hell or high water and without proper prenatal care. Her own mother had hospital births with no problem. My friends who had them were all into the 'crunchy mom' trend, some still are,  but that is so different from the fundies. I guess I am just wondering why this newer generation of fundies are acting as if they are living in a Laura Ingalls Wilder book where there are no options?

Thinking back to the duggars and bates poofy prairie dress styles of yore, do fundies have some romantic picture of that way of life? Or is this just more of them being anti science, medicine, and technology? Interesting they all drive cars, use heat/ac, and iphones. lol

7 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Why is it that these girls think home births are the only way to go? I have absolutely nothing against home births. I have friends who have had them and received pre-natal care during their pregnancy. But with the duggars, especially Jill it is homebirth come hell or high water and without proper prenatal care. Her own mother had hospital births with no problem. My friends who had them were all into the 'crunchy mom' trend, some still are,  but that is so different from the fundies. I guess I am just wondering why this newer generation of fundies are acting as if they are living in a Laura Ingalls Wilder book where there are no options?

Because Bill Gothard advocates for home births.

Found here: https://www.bibleandscience.com/otherviews/gothard.htm

Bill Gothard also pushes the evils of hospital births. One should give birth at home with a midwife. Gothard wants to train future doctors by watching other doctors, not by going to medical school which is wrong. 

I quoted it a while back on here (too lazy to go looking for it right now), but there's also a source that talks about if a woman wants a VBAC, she should focus on scripture passages to make sure that the vaginal birth happens smoothly.

3 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Because Bill Gothard advocates for home births.

Found here: https://www.bibleandscience.com/otherviews/gothard.htm

I quoted it a while back on here (too lazy to go looking for it right now), but there's also a source that talks about if a woman wants a VBAC, she should focus on scripture passages to make sure that the vaginal birth happens smoothly.

Sweet Jesus I should have known it was the almighty Gothard himself. Thank you for the link!

And the above highlights for me what is wrong with this week's People cover. These people are in a cult with beliefs that truly can do harm

40 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Thinking back to the duggars and bates poofy prairie dress styles of yore, do fundies have some romantic picture of that way of life? Or is this just more of them being anti science, medicine, and technology? Interesting they all drive cars, use heat/ac, and iphones. lol

Well, that way of life was during a time when public homosexuality was pretty much unheard of, it was totally cool to own black people, and women were basically Crock-Pots you could fuck.

I also think that the whole homebirth thing is part of the martyr complex that fundie women seem to have. It makes them look godly and So Brave for not dealing with scary worldly doctors (who might be female and might ask why your other kids are borderline illiterate and have bruises in weird places), if they die in childbirth it's pretty much the best way you can go out, and they get tons of attention, which is hard to come by if you're part of a megafamily and trained to stand there and look pretty and not much else.

Long time lurker here. Finally made an account and have a question. Why do they feel the need to "educate" people in SA about Christ ? I'm not Christian so maybe I'm just ignorant to this but.. why do they care if those people are followers of Christ or whatever ? Does it effect them at all? Wouldn't it be better to take that money and put it into the school systems or starting a food bank or something? I just don't get it.

59 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I guess I am just wondering why this newer generation of fundies are acting as if they are living in a Laura Ingalls Wilder book where there are no options?

Actually, in The First Four Years Laura described giving birth to Rose and while it was a home birth, she was attended by the local doctor (who was male). When she went into labor, her husband brought a woman to check on her and then the woman said it was time for the doctor. Laura described being given something to knock her out, probably chloroform, and a very hard labor. And she was relieved to have the pain fade.

Laura seemed to be a very practical woman. My guess is that the Duggars would annoy her to no end.

5 minutes ago, smw77 said:

Long time lurker here. Finally made an account and have a question. Why do they feel the need to "educate" people in SA about Christ ? I'm not Christian so maybe I'm just ignorant to this but.. why do they care if those people are followers of Christ or whatever ? Does it effect them at all? Wouldn't it be better to take that money and put it into the school systems or starting a food bank or something? I just don't get it.

None of us do. And welcome to the rabbit hole.

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If BG advocates for home birthing, how come JB and M weren't doing the home birth thing 100% of the time?

The Bates also haven't talked about homebirths either.  So very few of the first 38 live births were done at home and none of Bates 2.0 kids have been birthed at home but all of Duggars 2.0 kids have either been birthed at home or attempted to be birthed at home.  The exception might have been one of Anna's when she was in DC because she wasn't allowed to do it at home.  I don't get it!

@smw77, evangelicals, and most especially fundies like the Duggars, Dullards and the Bateses don't consider Catholics the right kind of Christian and in fact, many fundies don't consider them be Christian at all.  They preach to the Catholics because they believe that all non-Christians will burn in hell forever.  Some of them also want to hasten the return of Jesus because they believe that Jesus won't return until everyone on earth has heard the gospel.  

22 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

@nastyhobbitses OMG "Crock-Pots you could fuck." Brilliant.  

Great points in your post.

Seriously, "Crock-pots you could fuck" needs to be put in some FJ phrase hall of fame. :pb_lol:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived