IGNORED

Dillards 26 - Grifting All The Way!

choralcrusader8613

Exactly. Most babies will be born within ten days of their due date (mine wasn't because she's impatient - but most babies are.) If I remember right, Israel was born eleven days after he was due - meaning she was already in labor during that ten day window. And, like you said, she made the comment about two dates well before she gave birth - so it's not like she was being defensive about getting it wrong either.

Tell that to my son. He's 5 days late and counting...

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, socalrules said:

The post was a little strange. Why do I feel like this is a variation of something they have previously posted? 

I was curious, so I flipped back through their blog. I haven't followed it much, so I saw lots of pics I haven't seen of the Giant White Baby, and also D-Wreck's incredibly awful post on the Boy Scouts thing. 

But yes, it is extremely similar to this post here:  https://www.dillardfamily.com/dillard family blog?ID=e6fe8728-d7b9-47c5-bb4c-af1862e118e0 July 11 2016

Which is somewhat similar to this post here: https://www.dillardfamily.com/dillard family blog?ID=a4134cab-d364-44a3-8fe1-61ec9250ae12 May 20 2016

la la la, Izzy was sick, la la la, cold showers OMG, la la la, dangerous out there with critters/bugs/weather, la la la paralyzed friend. 

Which I don't really think is a friend. Reading those 3 posts about him, each one mentions something about wanting to "bring him closer to Christ." So basically, @Carm_88, you're right--Derick doesn't have friends! Just someone they think is vulnerable that they hope to convert. Ughhhhhhh. 

2 hours ago, devoe364 said:

Tell that to my son. He's 5 days late and counting...

Fingers crossed your little guy comes soon! I know you've got to be uncomfortable, but it'll all be worth it when you get to hold him that first time. Just keep doing your best! :)

Jill needs to grow the fuck up, she's 25 has 1 child and is pregnant with another,  she needs to suck up and deal with living away from home She was given 2 skills, how to be a wife and mother, and she's can't do that without her mommy and daddy telling her good job?  I'm sorry but it is time someone tells princess golden child that she's an adult now and she needs to get her shit together.  Yes Derrick is her master but she's a master manipulator, make him think its his idea to stay in NWA.  He maybe the head but you be the neck and move his head where you want it. 

9 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

I was curious, so I flipped back through their blog. I haven't followed it much, so I saw lots of pics I haven't seen of the Giant White Baby, and also D-Wreck's incredibly awful post on the Boy Scouts thing. 

But yes, it is extremely similar to this post here:  https://www.dillardfamily.com/dillard family blog?ID=e6fe8728-d7b9-47c5-bb4c-af1862e118e0 July 11 2016

Which is somewhat similar to this post here: https://www.dillardfamily.com/dillard family blog?ID=a4134cab-d364-44a3-8fe1-61ec9250ae12 May 20 2016

la la la, Izzy was sick, la la la, cold showers OMG, la la la, dangerous out there with critters/bugs/weather, la la la paralyzed friend. 

Which I don't really think is a friend. Reading those 3 posts about him, each one mentions something about wanting to "bring him closer to Christ." So basically, @Carm_88, you're right--Derick doesn't have friends! Just someone they think is vulnerable that they hope to convert. Ughhhhhhh. 

Omg this post made me forget any sympathy I was feeling for Jill. She is clearly miserable but needs to get some perspective. The part where she mention praying for a new church leader because the current one has poor health, then added oh yeah and pray for him, just felt so selfish. It's about her wants and needs with no consideration of the people around her. Granted she likely lacks the emotional maturity and is in a difficult situation but for someone who has been so hardcore about a lifestyle the supposedly preaches Jesus and others before yourself, its grating.

I find it really weird that they call it Central America, but never El Salvador. They've mentioned El Salvador enough that it's generally know that that's where they are. And the Salvadorian flag is in the photo of Derick preaching.

Praying to keep bacteria away? Good luck with that.

Maybe she'll "unexpectedly" have the baby "early" in El Salvador so as to avoid the cost of another c-section in the US. The women there must think she's nuts for leaving good access to medical care for her and her baby behind so her husband can preach to 6 people each week.

14 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I still think the photo of sweaty, lethargic Izzy after being in that sling is one of the most disturbing things I've seen in while 

Oh fuck, I almost forgot that sling. I already feel sorry for baby number two.

I didn't watch their update. Does she mention anything about baby Dillard #2? It seems so strange that she and Derick haven't mentioned much about him at all, besides doing the gender reveal for People. It seems she talked about her pregnancy when she was having Israel way more, and she had the chalkboard pictures. I know it's harder to do all the cutesy stuff when it's #2 and you've got a toddler to look after, but even Jessa posted bump comparison pics every couple months or so and posted videos of the bump.

I just gets such sad vibes from Jill. She's only on baby #2 and she seems beaten down.

16 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm happy she finally acknowledged the bruise on Izzy's eye and provided an explanation for it. First intelligent social media related thing I've seen her do. I still think the photo of sweaty, lethargic Izzy after being in that sling is one of the most disturbing things I've seen in while 

I can't remember which picture that is? 

What really bugs me is the lack of respect the Dillard's have for the locals. They think they're so superior that they don't even bother to learn the language. Derick admitted his Spanish lessons did him no good, and Jill quit after a few classes because it was "too hard". I bet the Catholics they're trying to convert would at least give them the time of day if they didn't haul a translator around. It just smacks of disrespect. They're supposedly there long term with no plans to even slightly assimilate with heir new neighbors?

IDK I think I'm still processing but Derick and Jill aren't as stupid as we think they are. I have a bad feeling about this whole situation. There's a reason they went back so early. And it's not because the people in CA miss them. I just feel like something is or has happened to the baby or them and it's their way or dealing with it. Why else wouldn't they mention the baby in the new blog? Also there's been no updates at all. With Israel, they had those stupid chalk board updates. There's been literally nothing. 

4 hours ago, nst said:

I can't remember which picture that is? 

this one:

Spoiler

it was taken the same day as this one:

image.jpg

8 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Omg this post made me forget any sympathy I was feeling for Jill. She is clearly miserable but needs to get some perspective. The part where she mention praying for a new church leader because the current one has poor health, then added oh yeah and pray for him, just felt so selfish. It's about her wants and needs with no consideration of the people around her. Granted she likely lacks the emotional maturity and is in a difficult situation but for someone who has been so hardcore about a lifestyle the supposedly preaches Jesus and others before yourself, its grating.

She learned these behaviors and coping mechanisms from the best. JB is as opportunistic as it gets and the rules of general society (education-jobs- leaving and cleaving- being productive members of society) seemingly do not apply to the Duggars.

Jesus is just talk...the hard actions are nonexistent.

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

this one:

Hide contents

image.jpg

That picture of Izzy breaks my heart. :( Poor kid looks miserable. 

It's a wonder she didn't smother the poor little guy. DIL was into baby wearing but she researched and practiced before grand wolf was born.

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

this one:

Hide contents

image.jpg

And this is one of the reasons behind my username. From before the wedding until the first time she and Dreck went to CA, she acted like she was the first woman to get engaged, get married, get knocked up, give birth, etc. It's understandable to be proud of these life events, but she seemed so in your face about it. It was really grating. It amazed me that she couldn't learn to "wear" her baby properly, nor that anyone bothered to show her. 

I am uncomfortable with how Izzy looked in that picture......like he had almost been smothered. How does a child breathe in a thing like that. 

26 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I am uncomfortable with how Izzy looked in that picture......like he had almost been smothered. How does a child breathe in a thing like that. 

Well, some of them don't.  A sling can be worn in such a way that the baby's airway is compromised.   There was a type of sling tat was recalled several years ago because it promoted unsafe positioning.  Babies died in those slings.  Izzy looks to be positioned in that manner.

Just now, PennySycamore said:

Well, some of them don't.  A sling can be worn in such a way that the baby's airway is compromised.   There was a type of sling tat was recalled several years ago because it promoted unsafe positioning.  Babies died in those slings.  Izzy looks to be positioned in that manner.

This is unnerving. Holy cow. And she will do it again. OMG. Jessa didn't use one like this did she?

Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

This is unnerving. Holy cow. And she will do it again. OMG. Jessa didn't use one like this did she?

I can't recall offhand seeing Jessa use a sling.  She probably did, but I think she would have been more likely to use it correctly.

Oh, my GOD. I've never seen that shot before. Izzy looks so ill, he's greenish and has what looks like a heat rash on his poor little sweaty face. I can completely believe babies have died in that sling, from the second photo it doesn't even look like there's an air hole the way it's positioned!

Dammit, Jill!! What the hell??? And she'll do it again with Unmentioned Baby #2, I'm sure. That's incredibly disturbing.

They do have doctors in central America, some of whom are educated in the US. Third world medicine is hit and miss, but the SOS people should know a good one. Or they should have brought baby Benadryl with them. Kid shouldn't suffer through allergies when they can be treated. 

When I was in Sri Lanka, I got the worst ear infection ever.  It came on all of a sudden as I was having breakfast with the family and I suddenly started screaming in pain, all I could do was hold my head and cry. I ended up seeing at 2 quack drs. One wanted to just give me a suppository. The other cleaned out my ear with a suction machine thus damaging my ear drum, then he wanted to do surgery on it. With general anesthesia. I noped out  of there with the antibiotics he gave me and had my husband get me codeine with Tylenol (which was available OTC then.) Luckily, it went away after about a week.

The moral of the long story it to be prepared and know where the good doctors are in the place you will be staying, especially if you've got a toddler and are pregnant. 

I feel incredibly odd saying this, but out of respect and love for all children, there's a part of me that wishes Dim-Bob would intervene (/would've intervened) and kept the Dullards in the states. We all know he's the one actually in charge, and it MUST occur to someone in that family that Izzy and Nepal are in danger. WTF doesn't anyone in the ginormous family ACTUALLY help when the lives of little ones, who they swear to cherish, are at risk?

There are many women in CA who are pregnant and give birth and have a toddler and live to tell the tale. Just because it's not the US doesn't mean everyone automatically dies all the time.

Is it a good idea to leave your family and support system when you feel as emotionally vulnerable as Jill does? no.

Is it a death sentence? no.

16 hours ago, kmary1 said:

I find it really weird that they call it Central America, but never El Salvador. They've mentioned El Salvador enough that it's generally know that that's where they are. And the Salvadorian flag is in the photo of Derick preaching.

Praying to keep bacteria away? Good luck with that.

Maybe she'll "unexpectedly" have the baby "early" in El Salvador so as to avoid the cost of another c-section in the US. The women there must think she's nuts for leaving good access to medical care for her and her baby behind so her husband can preach to 6 people each week.

Does refusing to call the country El Salvador have something to do with belief that the Southern Baptist version of Jeebus is the only savior? Is it like that time a teacher in Sudan got in trouble for letting students name a teddy bear Muhammad or when that judge tried to force a kid to be renamed something other than Messiah?

14 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

What really bugs me is the lack of respect the Dillard's have for the locals. They think they're so superior that they don't even bother to learn the language. Derick admitted his Spanish lessons did him no good, and Jill quit after a few classes because it was "too hard". I bet the Catholics they're trying to convert would at least give them the time of day if they didn't haul a translator around. It just smacks of disrespect. They're supposedly there long term with no plans to even slightly assimilate with heir new neighbors?

And yet, somehow I get the feeling that they'd be the sort of people who complain about Central American immigrants who don't learn to speak English.

I fucking hated those sorts of expats when I lived in China and they made me ashamed to be an expat - the ones who would refuse to learn even basic Mandarin phrases because it was "soooooo hard" (if you can memorize song lyrics or the slogan "this is America, speak English or get out", you can memorize "ni hao", "duoshao qian", numbers, and "xiexie"), always had to have a Chinese "friend" (read: girlfriend who needs to rethink her life and choices and/or a coworker from the sketchball English cram school they inevitably work at) to translate everything for them, and refuse to even try to learn Chinese cultural norms.

If you're going to move to another country, you don't have to completely assimilate (there were definitely things in China I wasn't really down to adopt), but if you're straight-up unwilling to learn the language/culture, and then expect everyone to give you a pat on the back for associating with foreigners, screw you.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived