IGNORED

Dillards 26 - Grifting All The Way!

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/20/2017 at 3:33 PM, SassyPants said:

No one here knows which Duggar  does or does not draw an individual paycheck from TLC.

What we do know:

JB has amassed a bunch a crap without seemingly holding much of a job for the last 30 years. JB supposedly dropped a couple of hundred thousand on his failed legislative run.

They own a plane (or2) that JD and Josiah can fly.

The Dillards are on a mission trip

Jeremy is a pastor in a very small home church in Laredo, TX.

No one else of adult age has an independent, individual , paying job.

Much like Trump's, I'd loved to see JB's tax returns for the last 25 years.

Can JB still claim 27 YO Jana and JD on his tax return?

Not disagreeing with your broader point - but where did you get the figure about JB's legislative run? My understanding is that he only made it to the primaries for the US Senate seat, and I don't think state legislature races run up those kinds of tabs (especially 10-15 years ago) unless they are very hotly contested in bigger states. 

1 hour ago, lomo6 said:

Not disagreeing with your broader point - but where did you get the figure about JB's legislative run? My understanding is that he only made it to the primaries for the US Senate seat, and I don't think state legislature races run up those kinds of tabs (especially 10-15 years ago) unless they are very hotly contested in bigger states. 

Jim Bob spent $250,000 on the 2002 US Senate run. It's in their first book and has been referenced in numerous news articles.

19 hours ago, VooDooChild said:

Jill looks rather far along in that pic....fishy...what gives Duggars?

Yes, she does, considering she would be at the end of her 4th month now. Fishy, indeed. My guess would be: either twins or she is 4-6 weeks further along than calculated by their doctor. the Duggars would never skrew with the birth date just to have a storyline of her going into labor "early" and having a baby in CA, would they?

I mean, it does happen. They miscalculated my cousin's birth date by 6 weeks, so it's not impossible.

I wonder if they're going back to CA to pack up all their stuff and move out of their house there. I could see them (or at least Jill) wanting to stay in Arkansas permanently once the baby is born. Maybe they didn't have enough money to go back and get all their stuff and come right back so they decided to frame it as a mission trip. 

Why would she lie about how far along she is? The only explanation I can think of would be so she can secretly give birth in Central America. But why on earth would she want to do that? Most importantly, if she were actually 6 weeks further along than she says she is, when she gave birth to a 9 pound baby six weeks early everyone would know she was lying. And please don't say, "Well that's the Duggars, they're stoopid, hurr hurr." Because no, even the Duggars are not that stupid.

32 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Why would she lie about how far along she is? The only explanation I can think of would be so she can secretly give birth in Central America. But why on earth would she want to do that? Most importantly, if she were actually 6 weeks further along than she says she is, when she gave birth to a 9 pound baby six weeks early everyone would know she was lying. And please don't say, "Well that's the Duggars, they're stoopid, hurr hurr." Because no, even the Duggars are not that stupid.

Doctors can miscalculate a birth date, too. Things can happen, e.g. a bleeding misread as a period and much more. It is possible.

Just now, eveandadam said:

Doctors can miscalculate a birth date, too. Things can happen, e.g. a bleeding misread as a period and much more. It is possible.

But what's more likely? That Jill, who probably pees on a stick every time she goes to the bathroom, thinks she got pregnant 2 months after she actually did? That Jill, who has had at least one ultrasound because she found out the sex of her child, would not have been told by the ultrasound technician, "Hey, you're measuring way further along than you're supposed to be"? Or that Jill, who carried very much on the large side even during her first pregnancy (to the point where the same speculation was happening, except it was 'omg they must've had sex before the wedding'), and whose abdominal muscles never bounced back from the first time she gave birth, and who really doesn't look outrageously large for being 4 months along anyway, considering the vast differences in how women carry, is in fact due in July just like she says she is?

3 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Yes, she does, considering she would be at the end of her 4th month now. Fishy, indeed. My guess would be: either twins or she is 4-6 weeks further along than calculated by their doctor. the Duggars would never skrew with the birth date just to have a storyline of her going into labor "early" and having a baby in CA, would they?

I mean, it does happen. They miscalculated my cousin's birth date by 6 weeks, so it's not impossible.

As has been pointed out so many times - bump size means absolutely nothing. Look at Alyssa Webster, who has two kids and carried very small both times:

Spoiler

The sweater hides her back, but she's a very slim woman even while pregnant.

Some women carry very small. Others carry very big. It has less to do with fetal size and more to do with fetal position, the mother's build, abdominal muscle strength, placenta position, etc. 

17 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

But what's more likely? That Jill, who probably pees on a stick every time she goes to the bathroom, thinks she got pregnant 2 months after she actually did? That Jill, who has had at least one ultrasound because she found out the sex of her child, would not have been told by the ultrasound technician, "Hey, you're measuring way further along than you're supposed to be"? Or that Jill, who carried very much on the large side even during her first pregnancy (to the point where the same speculation was happening, except it was 'omg they must've had sex before the wedding'), and whose abdominal muscles never bounced back from the first time she gave birth, and who really doesn't look outrageously large for being 4 months along anyway, considering the vast differences in how women carry, is in fact due in July just like she says she is?

Exactly. This is one of the least believable conspiracy theories I've seen about the Duggars to be honest. 

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Jills tummy muscles never completely bounced back after Israel. I think that contributes to her looking farther along. Plus she's always carried big. 

I have said this before and I'll say it again, Jill does not want to give an exact due date because she was so wrong on Israel's. She miscalculated and then went with a silly "second due date" making herself look very, very foolish.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:06 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Her house tour on YouTube is really something  to behold...make sure you watch until the very end. 

Why in the name of fuck is that 26 minutes long? I skipped head to see if it got better it didn't, that woman's voice is enough to make my testicles crawl back up into my abdomen, and I'm a woman. I didn't give 2 shits about her "decor" and  WTF was with the shitty Walton ending? Their viedographer must have been the toddler, and that "music" UGH.  That woman thinks an awful lot of herself. But she really shouldn't. 

Did she miscalculate? She went a little less than two weeks late, didn't she? That happens, and the fact that she was so huge at the end and that Israel was a really big baby makes me think that she probably had her dates right in the first place.

I remember her saying that she gave herself a 'second due date' to stop herself from being antsy if he came late. I also think she was feeling a bit defensive. I can't help but wonder if she could have avoided the c-section if she'd only had proper prenatal care. Maybe not, but it couldn't have hurt. Unfortunately it seems she's learned absolutely nothing because she's taking even greater risks in this pregnancy...

6 hours ago, Bethella said:

Jim Bob spent $250,000 on the 2002 US Senate run. It's in their first book and has been referenced in numerous news articles.

Wow, that blows my mind. How did he have that kind of money lying around pre-TLC? Some of that must have come from fundraising/donations...if not, then maybe those who are alleging some shadiness on JB's financials are on the right track.

I'm over 4 months pregnant and in an online pregnancy group. Every once in a while there will be bump threads-- "show us your bumps!" With the number of weeks you are along--and I'm shocked at how different people look depending on frame, previous pregnancies, starting weight etc. Second pregnancies show far earlier. I'm barely showing at 17 weeks and there are women at 8 weeks who have a big round bump. Then there are people at 26 weeks with a tiny one. And they all look different sizes because of posture, how high or low it is etc.

33 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I have said this before and I'll say it again, Jill does not want to give an exact due date because she was so wrong on Israel's. She miscalculated and then went with a silly "second due date" making herself look very, very foolish.

She didn't miscalculate, she said that many women go late with their 1st babies so she had her due date but the 2nd date in her head so she wouldn't get too anxious when she went over her due date, knowing that she would going past her actual due date.  Of course had she gone to an actual midwife or OB/GYN they would have known that Izzy was breach and bigand she would have had a c/section 2 weeks before she did, without waiting 70 hours after her water broke. 

On 2/25/2017 at 9:11 AM, VooDooChild said:

My 2 cents, as a licensed cosmetologist:  These bitches need to STOP cutting their headships hair.  FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY!  KNOCK. IT. OFF!

Jill looks rather far along in that pic....fishy...what gives Duggars?

I know why you are saying it, but she did a good job, I used to cut my son's hair and my husbands because we couldn't always aford to go get it done, I wish I had been that good at it. 

58 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She didn't miscalculate, she said that many women go late with their 1st babies so she had her due date but the 2nd date in her head so she wouldn't get too anxious when she went over her due date, knowing that she would going past her actual due date.  Of course had she gone to an actual midwife or OB/GYN they would have known that Izzy was breach and bigand she would have had a c/section 2 weeks before she did, without waiting 70 hours after her water broke. 

Exactly. Most babies will be born within ten days of their due date (mine wasn't because she's impatient - but most babies are.) If I remember right, Israel was born eleven days after he was due - meaning she was already in labor during that ten day window. And, like you said, she made the comment about two dates well before she gave birth - so it's not like she was being defensive about getting it wrong either.

6 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Please tell me she is not trying to deliver twins vaginally with a home birth while in danger America.

Just now, Snarkle Motion said:

Please tell me she is not trying to deliver twins vaginally with a home birth while in danger America.

Who said she was having twins? I'm sure she is going to try for a Vbac if the baby isn't as big as Izzy and isn't breach she should be able to have  a successful vbac.   She's not in an extra danger in SCA than at home since she will have the same medical attetion down there as she has here. 

Yeah, pretty sure they would have made a bigger deal about it if she did have twins. First Duggar grand-twins and all that.

They announced that it was a boy. If it was twins, that would look ridiculous, even to the leg humpers. Oh look, we had twins, one was hiding behind the other in the ultrasound, and we didn't pick up s second heart beat. That would be a bit much even for the Duggars.

16 hours ago, elvirajane said:

Does anyone else think that Derick and Jill might be in debt/financial precarity?

I bet JimBob cut financial support for them because "husbands should provide". This explains Derrick taking on substitute teaching, going to CA to be able to ask for donations etc. 

Since he is obviously a guy to run away from responsibilities, maybe he thinks that hiding in CA will make his debt go away and not admit to his father in law that he broke the Gothard rule about not owing money. 

I don't think they are in debt but I wouldn't doubt they may be running low on funds. It's possible they didn't receive as much as they needed for the first mission and had to pay expenses the first time around out of pocket. Since Derrick wasn't raised to be Duggar frugal we don't know if he was spending money like normal people by always eating out, buying things on amazonetc. I don't think it's so bad that he feels the need to work as Jim Bob will never let Jill go without. I think the substitute teacher thing was just for a day because we never heard about it again. I just don't think Derrick wants to go back to a real job and would prefer being a lazy missionary where he only has to do any pretend work once a week.  Notice he actually isn't working hard as a missionary so it isn't as though he is passionate about it. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don't think they are in debt but I wouldn't doubt they may be running low on funds. It's possible they didn't receive as much as they needed for the first mission and had to pay expenses the first time around out of pocket. Since Derrick wasn't raised to be Duggar frugal we don't know if he was spending money like normal people by always eating out, buying things on amazonetc. I don't think it's so bad that he feels the need to work as Jim Bob will never let Jill go without. I think the substitute teacher thing was just for a day because we never heard about it again. I just don't think Derrick wants to go back to a real job and would prefer being a lazy missionary where he only has to do any pretend work once a week.  Notice he actually isn't working hard as a missionary so it isn't as though he is passionate about it. 

I agree that they might be running low on money.   There was some backlash to the grifting for their first mission so I can totally see that they didn't raise the amounts they were asking for so they ended up paying more out of pocket.   TLC money can't be what it was before Joshgate so they have less to rely on from that income source as opposed to before.   

As far as Derick going back to a real job, I think he could do it if he wanted, but he doesn't.  I don't know if he prefers grifting, perhaps he does, or if he has found that working a real job with an extremely needy and clingy wife like the one he married is like oil and water.  I really think that one of the reasons why he is no longer at Walmart is because of Jill.    I have no idea if he left voluntarily or not, and I know that both Jill and Derick expressed interest in going into the mission field together as a future goal, but this first mission struck me as something hurriedly put together as if something wasn't working out.  I could be wrong but considering the timing after having a baby, jaw surgery plus recovery time, it seemed a bit too soon somehow. 

Anyway, he's not too far out of his time at Walmart to go back to a real job if he wanted.  He was a tax accountant, that's a skill that's in demand even better if he got a CPA.   It's not too late to make a course correction here but the problem is his wife and the family he married into.

7 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Anyway, he's not too far out of his time at Walmart to go back to a real job if he wanted.  He was a tax accountant, that's a skill that's in demand even better if he got a CPA.   It's not too late to make a course correction here but the problem is his wife and the family he married into.

I really hope that this is a phase and they just wanna go and travel with their "missionary" work now while they're young and only have one kid. But they have plans to eventually go back to his normal job and living in one place, although I would never give them that much credit. 

Jill already struggled with Israel in CA, how's she going to manage when she's outnumbered and derrick is off taking his spanish lessons. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived