IGNORED

Dillards 26 - Grifting All The Way!

choralcrusader8613

47 minutes ago, treehugger said:

I've mentioned this before on fj, but my parents were missionaries.  My mom was an RN, and my dad had an agriculture degree.  They ran a small hospital in a very rural area (think 9 hour drive from the nearest hospital, when they started) for almost 20 years. The hospital grew considerably while they were there with ER, OR, laboratory, L&D, and pharmacy services. My parents were the only foreigners consistently at the hospital (surgical and dental teams would come from overseas for a couple weeks at a time), all the other staff and medical personnel were from the area. Every week the hospital would send out medical teams into the surrounding villages to provide local dr visits.

My Dad also started and oversaw an agriculture program.  He trained a few local men who then gave weekly classes to the farmers about topics like irrigation, terracing, crop rotation, etc. 

My mom was really involved with a nutrition program that they started as well, where the local women got classes on safe food prep, nutritionally balanced cooking (they also received meals there, we were in an incredibly poor area), and child development.  

My parents left after they found a local doctor who was able and willing to take over the administration for these projects. So everything is now comepletely locally run. 

Dereck and Jill make me want to scream and throw things against the walls.  They are utterly useless and inept "missionaries", who are doing untold amounts of damage with their cavalier, uneducated attitudes and foolhardy, pointless trips.  

Your parents are the true definition of 'god send'. They've done incredible work. Need more people in the world like that. Instead we get Jill and Derick and all their fundie friends grifting and handing out one crayon.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I hope I say this as delicately as possible, but as someone who thinks in very logical economic terms I wonder if he feels Jim Bob left out information in the fine print of his marriage arrangement? He submitted the duggars ridiculous application, obeyed all modesty rules to the point that a mistaken front hug was a huge deal. Yet there was this family secret that became public knowledge about for literally the whole world to know that he likely was never informed about.

Moreover, he believed that Jill wanted a missionary lifestyle. But Jill had no ability to live on her own in Arkansas let alone a foreign country. Guess what? Dating isn't always about "pieces of your heart" it's about whether you actually make sense as a couple long term before being tied to a person for life that you ultimately can't stand, didn't know their family, and dont work well together.

Wouldn't it be great if a potential suitor showed up with the filled out form, and then submitted a form of their own?  "JB, I need you to fill this out.  Michelle, there's a section for you, too.  We're going to share financials, discuss the filming requirements, set ground rules on visits and the distribution of holidays.  I need to know what your end goals are for your family in general and for me and the Duggar kidult I want to marry.  I've also included what I consider to be a very fair system of mediation if something comes up that isn't currently included.  Let me know when you're done, and we'll talk again soon.  Does next Thursday work for you?"

32 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Derick went to Nepal as a stealth missionary.  His work permit said he had a job giving tours and leading hikes for tourists, and I think he actually did that.  But his real purpose was to get to know the local population on his time off and hint around about his religion.  Hopefully someone would ask him more and he could then legally tell them all they wanted to know.  I don't know if he actually converted anyone, but it appears he really enjoyed wandering around Nepal, talking to the local people, sharing meals with them, etc.

I was under the impression he was just preaching at people in English like he does in Central America.  He wasn't fluent in Napali, was he? 

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I was under the impression he was just preaching at people in English like he does in Central America.  He wasn't fluent in Napali, was he? 

This my Q as well. If he was leading tours, for whom? Foreign visitors?

10 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Wouldn't it be great if a potential suitor showed up with the filled out form, and then submitted a form of their own?  "JB, I need you to fill this out.  Michelle, there's a section for you, too.  We're going to share financials, discuss the filming requirements, set ground rules on visits and the distribution of holidays.  I need to know what your end goals are for your family in general and for me and the Duggar kidult I want to marry.  I've also included what I consider to be a very fair system of mediation if something comes up that isn't currently included.  Let me know when you're done, and we'll talk again soon.  Does next Thursday work for you?"

Brilliant!!! But will never happen because nobody who doesn't need something the Duggars have will be interested in the tawdry bunch. The poor kids. Not one asked to be born, much less into *that.*

46 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I don't think we ever actually found out what he did in Nepal. Did you read anything about his time there? And, if you still have the link, could you share it? I'd be interested in taking a look to see just how different the experiences may be.

Derick's LinkedIn profile.  It described activities such as service projects and aiding Tibetan refugees, among other things that I don't specifically remember but it was more substantial in terms of actual service than I expected.  

4 minutes ago, Ralar said:

Jill gave Derick a haircut -- and it actually looks great!   more pix

Counting-on-Haircut_009.png

If only she could fix his black little heart. 

4 minutes ago, Ralar said:

He looks much better with short hair!

19 minutes ago, Ralar said:

IDK about yall but I wouldn't want a picture of my parents kissing in my house. I don't actually like that many portraits around. 

EDIT: OMG THAT PICTURE IS IN THE BATHROOM!?!?! WHY WOULD THEY WANT THAT WHEN IN THERE? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Following through the albums from the above link, 40 beautiful professional pics of Jeremy and Jinger's wedding, gorgeous. Hopefully Jeremy will not be a complete mysoginist. (Sp) Hopefully. 

I don't like to diss other people's appearance or style, but man, I really can't deny that Derick looks a million times better without the Jesus hippie hair. 

Yeah he actually looks cute from this angle. This style suits him so much better. Nice job too Jill! It's hard to do this right. 

The parents picture though...any chance this was back in the main house before they left? 

I could imagine hanging a cute picture of my grandparents (my parents are divorced) kissing somewhere in my house, but yeah... probably not in the washroom...

50 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Derick's LinkedIn profile.  It described activities such as service projects and aiding Tibetan refugees, among other things that I don't specifically remember but it was more substantial in terms of actual service than I expected.  

Hopefully, he was not "assisting" the Tibetan refugees with their religion!  Tibetan Buddhism is just fine, D-Wreck!

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm all for teachers, doctors, and nurses giving up their lives for a year to go to impoverish countries and truly help the community. These people contribute to the well fare of society. Jill and Derick have none of those skills at all. I mean if a teacher lives in a village and she's a missionary but at the same time spent a lot of time actually teaching people to read and write and just the basics, it's not too bad imo. The line is very thin tho. 

I think it depends more on the skills taught than the amount of time spent. This recent article is a about a project that only requires a short time commitment but is providing lots of help; anesthesiologists are traveling to developing countries and teaching other medical providers how to provide safer care in their own communities. *Mainly sharing because it's an interesting program.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/02/pulse-oximeter/516510/ 

4 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I think it depends more on the skills taught than the amount of time spent. This recent article is a about a project that only requires a short time commitment but is providing lots of help; anesthesiologists are traveling to developing countries and teaching other medical providers how to provide safer care in their own communities. *Mainly sharing because it's an interesting program.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/02/pulse-oximeter/516510/ 

Thanks for the article! I used to work in medical supplies, gave out a lot of pulse oximeters. We used to teach all the elderly and their care takers how to use it. It's super tiny but very useful.

1 hour ago, Ralar said:

Wow!  It takes the creepy factor down quite a notch.  Now only if she could see his mouth shut and close his twitter account.

1 minute ago, Incognito22 said:

Wow!  It takes the creepy factor down quite a notch.  Now only if she could see his mouth shut and close his twitter account.

Maybe this will be some variation of Samson and all the crazy is actually in Dericks hair?

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

That Jboob and Meechelle photo in that background..

That's in their bathroom? If we didn't know these people were crazy-pants, the photograph of their in-laws/parents in the shitter is a good clue. :my_confused:

The house belongs to Boobchelle so I'm not surprised they put their photos everywhere. Plus, daddy Boob is a up on Jesus level man in the duggar house. 

I'm just imagining my father-in-law grinning at me as I dried off from a shower...no. :my_confused:

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

IDK about yall but I wouldn't want a picture of my parents kissing in my house. I don't actually like that many portraits around. 

EDIT: OMG THAT PICTURE IS IN THE BATHROOM!?!?! WHY WOULD THEY WANT THAT WHEN IN THERE? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Fundies have REALLY weird bathroom decor.  I don't know what it is, but they love photos of related married couples to be featured prominently in them. 

Jill Dillard's bathroom has nothing on the overcrowded, kitsch awkwardness of Jill Rodrigues'. 

7 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Fundies have REALLY weird bathroom decor.  I don't know what it is, but they love photos of related married couples to be featured prominently in them. 

Jill Dillard's bathroom has nothing on the overcrowded, kitsch awkwardness of Jill Rodrigues'. 

Truth, J-Rod's bathrooms make my inner germophobe recoil in horror. The carpet, the dried flowers, the folksy word plaques...all just a magnet for filth. And with so many little boys...eww. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived