IGNORED

Michigan Republicans want Kid Rock to run for Senate

Dark Matters

I was hoping that I had clicked onto an Onion story but no, apparently the Republicans in Michigan have totally lost their minds.  Thanks, Trump!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/feb/16/michigan-republicans-consider-kid-rock-as-candidate-for-us-senate

Michigan Republicans consider Kid Rock as candidate for US senate

If the star of a reality TV show can become president, then anyone can go into politics, right? That appears to be the thinking of Republicans in Michigan, who are apparently considering asking Kid Rock to run for the US Senate next year.

Roll Call, the newspaper of Capitol Hill, reports that Rock’s name came up during discussions about the state’s senatorial race at a convention of Michigan Republicans. If selected as candidate, Rock – real name Robert Ritchie – would be running against the Democrat incumbent Debbie Stabenow, in what is traditionally a safe Democrat seat. However, Donald Trump narrowly took Michigan in the presidential election, winning by 10,704 votes, or a margin of 0.23%.

1 hour ago, Dark Matters said:

I was hoping that I had clicked onto an Onion story but no, apparently the Republicans in Michigan have totally lost their minds.  Thanks, Trump!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/feb/16/michigan-republicans-consider-kid-rock-as-candidate-for-us-senate

Michigan Republicans consider Kid Rock as candidate for US senate

If the star of a reality TV show can become president, then anyone can go into politics, right? That appears to be the thinking of Republicans in Michigan, who are apparently considering asking Kid Rock to run for the US Senate next year.

Roll Call, the newspaper of Capitol Hill, reports that Rock’s name came up during discussions about the state’s senatorial race at a convention of Michigan Republicans. If selected as candidate, Rock – real name Robert Ritchie – would be running against the Democrat incumbent Debbie Stabenow, in what is traditionally a safe Democrat seat. However, Donald Trump narrowly took Michigan in the presidential election, winning by 10,704 votes, or a margin of 0.23%.

This wouldn't be completely unprecedented. Al Frankin is currently serving in Congress. Sonny Bono went into politics, as well as Bill Bradley (former NBA basketball player). We also can't forget Ronald Reagan, although he did get some other political experience before he was president. Kid Rock though (shudder)!

@Audrey2 Bill Bradley at least had intellectual smarts - like Bill Clinton, he won a Rhodes scholarship - not something I think Kid Rock has ever been in line for!

1 hour ago, sawasdee said:

@Audrey2 Bill Bradley at least had intellectual smarts - like Bill Clinton, he won a Rhodes scholarship - not something I think Kid Rock has ever been in line for!

Amen to this. I've never been a Kid Rock fan and the crap I've seen him spout politically doesn't improve my impression of him.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Amen to this. I've never been a Kid Rock fan and the crap I've seen him spout politically doesn't improve my impression of him.

The only Kid Rock thing I can stand is his song, All Summer Long. Yes, I know it is heavily ripped off. It is kind of a nostalgia song for me. I was 17 in the summer of 1989, but did nothing else that he talked about in his song. (Yes, I've always been pretty boring- a pretty straight arrow.)

While I did appreciate Bill Bradley's intelligence, remember, it was Bush the Second who proved that a C student could grow up to be President. Shudder.

Snarkily, he could give us some burnout turned musician diversity!

This scares the hell out of me! When I was young and stupid in college we would listen to his music at parties. Once I found out his shitty political views then that was enough. I don't want him representing me in Congress, but the way things are swinging red around here wouldn't surprise me either.

1 hour ago, HeathenBlondie said:

This scares the hell out of me! When I was young and stupid in college we would listen to his music at parties. Once I found out his shitty political views then that was enough. I don't want him representing me in Congress, but the way things are swinging red around here wouldn't surprise me either.

It's only swinging red because Lord Dampnut blew sunshine up their ass and promised a shit ton of stuff he won't or can't deliver on.  Wait until the bill for the stupid wall comes in and we have to pay for it (because one way or another, we're going to be paying for it), wait until the ACA is repealed without a replacement (because the Repubs don't have an adequate replacement) and they loose the Medicaid expansion, the pre-existing conditions ban, and the lifetime limit abolishment, wait until he fully repeals Dodd-Frank and financial institutions create another recession and people start losing jobs, wait until he repeals the Johnson Act and government starts meddling in their church, wait until he levies tariffs against Mexico and our food prices skyrocket, wait until Mexico crawls into bed with China and they build a military base on our border.  They'll embrace blue again.  Look at how many states turned blue after 8 miserable years of Bush.  Americans are notorious for their short attention spans.  They forget what 2008 was like.  They'll remember soon enough.

I think the reason Michigan went red is because of his promises about NAFTA and manufacturing. I am hoping once all the jobs don't come back it will go back to being a blue state.

We cannot replace Debbie Stabenow with Kid Rock!

I was highly ashamed of Michigan (my homestate) on Election Day (and I knew when it took so long to call, that was it). This is just.... icing on the cake. A bad cake. :(

I know next to nothing about Kid Rock, but I'd always assumed he was something of a stoner.  I'm confused as to why Republicans would want him to run.  Do they not have anyone else in Michigan who wants to run on their ticket?

16 hours ago, Childless said:

Wait until the bill for the stupid wall comes in and we have to pay for it (because one way or another, we're going to be paying for it),

Paying the bills for the "Winter White House"  security and for the Dampnut spawn to jet set around the globe to open Trump hotels, with full security (Dubai or Africa, anyone?), will bankrupt the country first.  

Seriously, I want to see one of these assholes propose that fainting couches be a deductible expense for the next four years.  

Do you not get the feeling that the junior Trumps are just loving the importance of having the Secret Service around at all times? It is costing a f****** fortune - why don't they have senior executives open resorts etc - and save US some money - fiscal responsibility , someone?

I get the feeling that the whole family is on a power trip, and enjoying every penny of someone else's money they can spend.

23 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

Do you not get the feeling that the junior Trumps are just loving the importance of having the Secret Service around at all times? It is costing a f****** fortune - why don't they have senior executives open resorts etc - and save US some money - fiscal responsibility , someone?

I get the feeling that the whole family is on a power trip, and enjoying every penny of someone else's money they can spend.

Yes!  Thank you!  Leeches, the lot of them.

Well I suppose it could be worse, they could try to talk Pants Shit Fever into running for office.

In any case...

JeanLucFacePalm.jpg

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Well I suppose it could be worse, they could try to talk Pants Shit Fever into running for office.

Anything could happen, some moron in my town had a bumper sticker on his truck that said Pants Shit Fever for President.

Archived