IGNORED

Seewalds 18 - Spurgy and Henry

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we sure they're gonna call him Henry? Maybe BInjermin threw Jessa a bone and they're gonna call him Willy or Wilbur?

I'm assuming they made a deal. Remember how long it took for Jessa to stop making Quincy happen. Ben got the first one and Jessa got this one. I'm also assuming Ben gets the next one and it'll be equally as stupid as Spurgeon.

Just now, Mela99 said:

Are we sure they're gonna call him Henry? Maybe BInjermin threw Jessa a bone and they're gonna call him Willy or Wilbur?

I like to think of myself as a mature person, but I would snicker if they called them Spurgy and Willy. 

Are you guys serious about Wilberforce? I'm too lazy to look it up. But I adore the name, Henry. 

Just now, iweartanktops said:

Are you guys serious about Wilberforce? I'm too lazy to look it up. But I adore the name, Henry. 

This is from the parents who came up with Spurgeon, so yeah... And let's not forget Jessa was a driving force behind Jordan Grace Makiya so she's got form.

Anyone else think of "Charlotte's web" when they see Wilber?

Kudos to @eleanora3 for the scoop.  Good job.   

Who came closest on our name poll?  Pretty sure someone mentioned Wilberforce ......  (dear gawd, it hurts to type that ... kid will probably declare a No Middle Name status at age 18)

I'm calling him Wil-berrrrr (TVLand -- Mr. Ed).

Next thread:  "My Middle Name Is No Effin' Way"

(and now we know why Binjermin dragged twenty-eleventy books to Laredo -- looking for inspiration for hipster Jesus-wanna-be social justice naming rights .... no WAY is William Wilberforce "one of our heroes" -- Jessa probably can't even spell it!!!)

I have no idea how the name Henry is supposed to glorify the Lord! How could Jessa's headship allow her to give her child a "cute" name?

So....Jessa appears to have won the name battle this time. Will she be wearing jeans soon? :pb_lol:

Ugh Spurgeon really got the short end of the stick. I sympathize with him. I have an ugly religious name, while my youngest sister shares a name with an iconic supermodel. 

I'm rather disappointed and not shocked by the name.

Henry is lovely and very traditional. We all pretty much guessed wilberforce. 

Poor Spurge. 

I have a feeling Jessa  chose the first name this time 

Spurge taking Henry's socks off in the video was so cute 

Henry Wilberforce is a fine name. Not necessarily the one I'd choose, but I wouldn't say no if my SO wanted to name a son that.

But man, poor Spurgeon, having to live with that shit name and having a little brother with a relatively normal one.

These three Fjers actually called it on Wilberforce:

Wilberforce - jqlgoblue

Wilberforce Josiah - Nicole Jinger Duggar

Wilberforce Knox – MargaretElliott

.... I'd offer to send you some gourmet burned popcorn -- or Sierra's smashedly nasty cupcakes in a car -- as a prize, but that wouldn't be very nice.

Henry VIII in his desire for divorce, broke from Rome and is the founder of the English Reformation, thus playing into their theme.

6 minutes ago, eandre31 said:

I agree that it seems Ben picked Spurgeon and Jessa picked Henry. Ben didn't seem very excited about the "cute" Name Henry

Ben only cares about being perceived as trendy hipster Christian and not about the fact his son is stuck with a horrible name. I'm glad Jessa won this time Henry, while not a name I'd choose, is a nice name and Ben still got to honour William Wilberforce. 

We're watching the Tudors on Netflix about Henry VIII. He did break from the evil Catholics. Could that be it? I did say a long time ago that poor Spurgy might be he only one with a weird name.

He looks like a Henry.

I can't believe they gave him a normal first name, though. WTF. Wilberforce is great. Wish they would called him Wilber. Spurgeon and Wilber sound like an awesome duo in a kids' chapter book series or something. But seriously, Henry is so much better than I ever could have hoped for from them. It makes Spurgeon look even worse, though, and now it's really too late to switch it around and start calling him Elliot.

Henry is a lovely name. Wilberforce is more unusual, but it's nice enough and offers decent nicknames.

--------

And for everyone still bringing up Spurgeon's name - he has a more typical middle name he could use if he decides he wants to. Plenty of people do so, including a former Governor in my state - she went by M. Jodi Rell because she didn't want to use her first name (Mary.) Or he could always go by a nickname like Spur (which is actually kind of cool sounding.) An unusual first name isn't always a terrible thing and it's not like that name is really going to stick out much in their crowd. 

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

We're watching the Tudors on Netflix about Henry VIII. He did break from the evil Catholics. Could that be it? I did say a long time ago that poor Spurgy might be he only one with a weird name.

I love the Tudor dynasty, but can't watch the show. From what I've heard there are too many historical inaccuracies. It'd drive me crazy. :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So Jessa won this time.

Damn- Elliot and Henry would have been so cute and normal, but no...poor SES.

He can still go by Elliott Seewald in the future. Just drop the Spurgeon. I find Wilberforce to be much more on the weird end than Spurgeon but then again I'm not a native speaker. Henry is a really cute and perfectly fine name and I'm relieved Jessa has won this times. She looks radiant and I'm glad that motherhood seems to have grown on her. I was very worried about her being absolutely no mom-material back when she got married. 

17 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Anyone else think of "Charlotte's web" when they see Wilber?

I think of Mr. Ed.

"Wilburrrrrrr..."

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived