IGNORED

Hodnetts converting Scotland, or England, or...who knows? Part 2

samurai_sarah

Continue from here:

What's happened so far:

The Hodnetts relocated from Georgia, US, to Dundee. The traffic system came as a surprise to them, but they seemed okay with the local take-aways. They started visiting a church in Carlisle (England), and moved to Lockerbie. No one knows what happened to their initial plan to minister to the people of Glasgow, or why their youtube video mainly showed Edinburgh and the Highlands. The weirdness continues.

• Upvote 8

The Hodnetts may not be Trump supporters, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are. I can only assume Bully In Chief has not made their job easier converting the Godless Scots.

• Upvote 3

Jody's Facebook is still down. He has protected his Twitter account. 

He Is now secretly being a missionary to Scotland. Oops my bad, to England.

He doesn't appear to have had any luck with finding out why Facebook stopped both his account and Gingers account. 

• Upvote 2

I have to be amazed that irony impaired Yanks who moved abroad to Save Heathen Scots and haven't done much besides eat and watch the rain have generated a second thread. It's like a Thread About Nothing (a tip o' the hat to Seinfeld) yet so entertaining. 

• Upvote 9

I have to be amazed that irony impaired Yanks who moved abroad to Save Heathen Scots and haven't done much besides eat and watch the rain have generated a second thread. It's like a Thread About Nothing (a tip o' the hat to Seinfeld) yet so entertaining. 

I think we just hope something happens! I'm so disappointed - no street preaching, no handing out tracts...not even in the right country! Ugh, my fundie expectations have plummeted since Xgay Greg - embroidered blazers, Xgaymobiles, 18 month pregnancies and McDonald's ministries - I'm now reduced to hoping some US missionaries in Scotland do something.....ANYTHING!
  • Upvote 10

Before he made his Twitter private, the comments from his griftees implied that they think he is doing great things.

Perhaps he is just hiding his light underneath a great big bushel. Although I think not!

• Upvote 5

Jody looks to have his facebook back but its been locked down except from a few very old posts and the profile and cover photo. Very disappointing.

• Upvote 2

Nope.  He's still on lock down.  

Perhaps Johnny Shrader tipped him off that we had a thread on him. ;)

I wonder why it doesn't occur to these faux missionaries that hiding their activities makes it all the more obvious that whatever they are doing it isn't quite what they promised their naive donors they would do?  Their secretiveness about their activities makes them all the more suspect.

Oh well.  Jody wasn't very interesting really.  Perhaps he will return to Facebook with all references to food and Glasgow scrubbed and a new tagline:  "Missionary to Scotland and Beyond."  

• Upvote 5

I can't help wonder what total rubbish he is stringing his griftees along with.

His furtiveness doesn't help the lighthouse Baptist church in Carlisle look too honest either.

I wonder if their Pastor (who looks ok, but appearances can be deceiving), has thought of this?

He should maybe have a quiet word with Jody over scones and tea, about being an upfront and honest kind of Christian.

Jody, if he is sensible, doesn't need folk to begin to compare him to John Boy man-child Shrader. 

• Upvote 4

Oh, come on, we've all figured out that what Jody is really doing is "mystery dining" at every fish & chip joint he hears or sees about.  When he gets back stateside, then he can publish a "Hodnett's Guide to Supreme Scottish Fish & Chips with a Biblically Correct Assortment of Pre- and Postprandial Graces for the Entire Family to Honor Our Heavenly Father."   With such a verbose title, he'll need more words to complete said book and therefore get a higher royalty.

That, or he's doing what we all know as jack shit.

• Upvote 18

The Hodnetts are still hanging out at the Church in Carlisle. New photos up on the church Facebook page. Folk eating a scrumptious looking afternoon tea! The girls and Ginger are there. Jody is not in the photos. Food is there so I'm presuming he was.

I missed Call the Midwife, am bored so just popped over there for a peek.

• Upvote 2

It's even more laughable than he used to be.  They really need a missionary when they already have a pastor and a church. :huh:

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

The Hodnetts are still hanging out at the Church in Carlisle. New photos up on the church Facebook page. Folk eating a scrumptious looking afternoon tea! The girls and Ginger are there. Jody is not in the photos. Food is there so I'm presuming he was.

I missed Call the Midwife, am bored so just popped over there for a peek.

I think we're missing something very important here.  It's obvious that Jody & Fam have gone native, y'all.   Eating native food!  Dressing for the weather! Having tea! Could be a bit of a burr is creeping into their speech.  Perhaps they've found that Scottish people are very nice and not at all in need of saving. Stranger things have happened. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

But, but, but, Lighthouse Baptist Church in Carlisle is run by another American "missionary."  

Birds of a feather - and the Hodnetts aren't turning native but they are certainly enjoying ethnic food. ;)

• Upvote 6

Ah! But what will they tell their donators? 

Granwych is definately on too something with her idea of Jody writing a book about Scottish fish suppers. He can add a chapter or two about the afternoon tea tradition. 

Once back home the Hodnetts could open a chain of chippys/tea rooms covered in tartan. 

Jody could preach on Sunday/Wednesday and fry during the week. Ginger could look after the tea shop  with Autumns help.

No more grifting necessary!

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

But, but, but, Lighthouse Baptist Church in Carlisle is run by another American "missionary."  

Birds of a feather - and the Hodnetts aren't turning native but they are certainly enjoying ethnic food. ;)

I don't think that Keith, the Pastor, is American?

Edited by Gobsmacked
Quote of Howls post didn't work
  • Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I don't think that Keith, the Pastor, is American?

Unless there are 2 Lighthouse Baptist Churches in Carlisle - this guy started the church:   https://www.linkedin.com/in/andy-sturm-29a0731a/

His qualifications for being a Pastor were great - a BA in SW and a BS in Mortuary Science and embalming. 

His wife's blog http://kidscuddlesandchaos.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-hardest-goodbye.html

Keith moved his mission to take over the church when the Sturms left ib 2014.  I can't find much info on Keith but I think he is another American.

• Upvote 5

Good sleuthing Palimpsest!

I listened to Pastor Keith's birthday video but can't hear his voice.

That would explain why Jody is there. Perhaps he is being groomed to take over sometime in the near future. If so, why doesn't Jody just tell the truth?

Carlisle is still in England!! 

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

That would explain why Jody is there. Perhaps he is being groomed to take over sometime in the near future.

It is a possibility.  Jody could claim that the English are far more in danger of hell fire than the Scots and be a missionary to Scotland England living in Glasgow, Dundee, Locherbie, Carlisle.  But, yes, why doesn't he just say so.

Or he could be scared shitless and is being mentored by Pastor Keith until he finds his feet.

If you look through the photos, videos, and comments on FB, Pastor Keith (who doesn't seem to want us to know his last name) has a visit from his sister who lives in Michigan.  The young man in the blue tie reading the lesson in an American accent seems to be his son.  You can see animated adolescent boy (with and without blue tie) in several pictures with Pastor Keith.

So I say he's American. :)

Edited by Palimpsest
missing words
  • Upvote 5

18 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It is a possibility.  Jody could claim that the English are far more in danger of hell fire than the Scots and be a missionary to Scotland England living in Glasgow, Dundee, Locherbie, Carlisle.  But, yes, why doesn't he just say so.

Or he could be scared shitless and is being mentored by Pastor Keith until he finds his feet.

If you look through the photos, videos, and comments on FB, Pastor Keith (who doesn't seem to want us to know his last name) has a visit from his sister who lives in Michigan.  The young man in the blue tie reading the lesson in an American accent seems to be his son.  You can see animated adolescent boy (with and without blue tie) in several pictures with Pastor Keith.

So I say he's American. :)

I think Pastor Keith's last name is Cashner, if I read correctly---

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Granwych said:

I think Pastor Keith's last name is Cashner, if I read correctly---

I missed that.  Good catch and thanks.  

Yes, that's him.  Keith and Kimmy Cashner are from Mazon, IL.  He is on LinkedIn and they both have FB but there isn't much to see.

Now a deeper mystery is why Hodnett is hanging with the Cashners in Carlisle, ENGLAND when there is this other American missionary to SCOTLAND right there in Dundee.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.vanvoltenberg?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all

• Upvote 4

Maybe Dundee couldn't cope with two huge egos?

Im still thinking that Jody is being groomed to take over at the Carlisle church. Jim Vanvoltenberg may have some time still to do in Dundee. 

Edited by Gobsmacked
  • Upvote 3

Whoops accidently posted something earlier in the wrong thread but turns out you guys have already found the tea photos lol

• Upvote 3