IGNORED

Seewalds 17 - My Name is No

choralcrusader8613

20 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Absolutely. Good comfort food - fried chicken and hashbrown casserole and fluffy biscuits and this really great breakfast menu with thick cut bacon and pecan pancakes....

I normally can't eat meatloaf with ketchup-ish stuff, but Cracker Barrel and this restaurant in NW Indiana called Industrial Revolution are two really good exceptions.

I will say though that I got a copycat recipe for Cracker Barrel's hashbrown casserole, and I prefer my version to theirs.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit the Chik Fil A chicken nugget breading is delicious to my unrefined palate. My husband makes a similar thing at home, though, so I can simply enjoy it cheaper and with less effort (LOL) on my part. I wish they made their spicy breading on just nuggets instead of in a sandwich. We don't eat fast food that much, but I like that place better than most.

Recently we stopped at a CFA on the way home from the airport after picking up a new exchange student. It was late in the evening, the store was mostly empty, and there were 4 or 5 young, very bored people working at the counter. All of them cheerfully greeted us, and the poor exchange student was bewildered as to why they were all talking to her at once. It was like a wall of fake happiness.

Two days later she told us she also doesn't eat meat, so now I feel horrible for that entire experience. Take the vegetarian to a chicken palace full of semi-creepy Stepford greeters. Awesome.

I literally just ate dinner, and now this thread is making me hungry. I have never has biscuits, but I had cornbread in the states years ago, and still dream about it. :)

9 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I normally can't eat meatloaf with ketchup-ish stuff, but Cracker Barrel and this restaurant in NW Indiana called Industrial Revolution are two really good exceptions.

I will say though that I got a copycat recipe for Cracker Barrel's hashbrown casserole, and I prefer my version to theirs.

Share the recipe? I've tried to dupe it and it's never quite as good

Ok so pizza recipe:

500gr of with flour or 250 +250 if you want to mix 

25 gr of yeast 

A little bit of salt 

450 gr of water  (you adjust with the flour not to much or it will become  sticky) 

2 tablespoon of oil (i always use the extra vergine but  i live in toscany and produce my own oil...)   

If you want you could put a little bit of sugar when you dissolve the yeast wit the warm water.

Knead everything and after let it reast for at least 2 hours. When the mix has double the volume you could use it and spread with a rolling pin. You could choose the high and the gasket/taste of the pizza as you prefer, i always suggest to put the tomato and then in the owen for 10 min. After you could put on everything you want.   Bon appetit.

Ps ah the total cooking time should be around the 30 min but it depend on the owen and your preference 

9 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Is that a fire pit full of garbage in that photo?

Looks like it's full of cardboard and maybe some wire. So yes, garbage. 

1 hour ago, NewOrleansLady said:

Bought brioche at the bakery for french toast.  It is so yummy and decadent with vanilla flavouring and brown sugar added to the egg yolk mixture .  Hubby whips the yolks and whites separately, folds the whites into the yolks and then cooks it in the cast iron skillet. 

I'm on the Whole30 - no wheat, vanilla or sugar!  This post is breaking my heart.

9 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Share the recipe? I've tried to dupe it and it's never quite as good

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs. refrigerated hash browns
  • ½ c. melted butter
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 pint sour cream
  • ½ c. chopped onions
  • 2 c. grated cheddar cheese
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • ¼ tsp. pepper

Directions:

1. Mix ingredients together.
  2. Bake in 11x14” baking dish for 45-55 minutes at 350° (Spray pan with Pam before baking).

Note: I like to combine different kinds of cheese with this. I think the most like Cracker Barrel is an even blend of cheddar and Kraft colby & monterey jack cheese. I also think it tastes better if it is made the day before (not necessary, but nice if you can). If you do this, please let the hash browns defrost before mixing. Don't ask me why lol. :my_confused::D

1 hour ago, withaj said:

This makes it sound like you were all hanging out in a log cabin together on the best camping trip ever.

Who said we weren't? :kitty-shifty::pb_lol:

5 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I'm on the Whole30 - no wheat, vanilla or sugar!  This post is breaking my heart.

Wow, I'm interested in Whole 30, can you keep us posted? I have the book. Haven't done it yet. Thanks if you can or want to. 

7 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Why is vanilla not allowed? Are you doing it for autoimmune issues?

4 hours ago, SHERA said:

Tell that to Chad/Carson Paine. They have the same name, just different nicknames. 

Am I late? Apparently Wikipedia says they named the baby Samson Elijah. 

Can we please leave Elijah out of all this, That's my son's name. Sure he's 19 but still...

Elijah is a gorgeous name, so I can't see them choosing that one. Hopefully they will surely choose something better than Spurgeon though!

I tried to do Whole30 twice, it kicked my ass in like a day each time. I really admire people who can stick to it. For me, it was just way too heavy on the meat and eggs, and I have a nut allergy so that limited my options. I definitely learned some great tips and recipes from the days I spent reading/planning for it and then the 1-2 days I actually attempted it, though.

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A lot of people who live in more rural areas burn some of their garbage. But that wire shouldn't be in there.

Yep, my MIL has a burn pile we love it, we can take the leaves over there every fall (4 pick up truck loads full) instead of paying like $2 a bag for composting, since we'd use around 60 bags.  We have a love hate relationship with our 50 year old neighborhood trees. 

58 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Absolutely. Good comfort food - fried chicken and hashbrown casserole and fluffy biscuits and this really great breakfast menu with thick cut bacon and pecan pancakes....

I really wanna go now...

Yummy, totally yummy! It's very cold here tonight, snow threatened, gritters out. 

Pancakes would go down a treat!

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I tried to do Whole30 twice, it kicked my ass in like a day each time. I really admire people who can stick to it. For me, it was just way too heavy on the meat and eggs, and I have a nut allergy so that limited my options. I definitely learned some great tips and recipes from the days I spent reading/planning for it and then the 1-2 days I actually attempted it, though.

Yeah I tried it but I'm allergic to eggs, so that really put me out of it. 

58 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Even with Seemonkey born, SES is still making on instagram. :) Adorable! Whose dog is that? 

Jessa said in a comment that it's a cousin's dog. No idea which cousin.

7 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Jessa said in a comment that it's a cousin's dog. No idea which cousin.

Could it be one of Ben's cousins? I wouldn't imagine the Duggars are allowed to spend time with their cousins or they're much older.

Plus Amy was only allowed to see them on their turf, not at her place.

Aw man...I've been on meds for the last 3 weeks that took my appetite away, and it's just coming back now. Which means I've had nothing interesting to eat in 3 weeks, so I already want to eat ALL THE THINGS, and now I really really really want Cracker Barrel!!! I haven't been there since I lived in VA years and years ago. I also miss Bojangles, I haven't even seen one of those in ages. Are they still around?

No Cracker Barrel in northern Ontario though...but there is a Perkin's that does all day breakfast, even biscuits and gravy..........that is a definite dinner possibility. 

Also, I think "No" just might be a better name than whatever the poor kid actually gets named, lol. 

Ooh, Bojangles. We liked that place, there were like six in and around my city but they were all owned by the same franchisee and he shut them all down in 2015 to focus on his real estate business. :(

Do you guys think Jessa and Ben are reading through our lists crossing of names on their list?

”Oh no! The heathens wrote Tozer. Now what are we going to chose?”

6 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Do you guys think Jessa and Ben are reading through our lists crossing of names on their list?

”Oh no! The heathens wrote Tozer. Now what are we going to chose?”

"Bennnnn! They discovered TenBoom too! What will we do?" :wtsf:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived