IGNORED

Trump 11: Worse than Expected

Destiny

I think this is hilarious... CHINA

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, JMO said:

That tweet doesn't make much sense.  I get the general gist of it, but I don't think it's really English.  There are multiple words missing.  I assume EASY D means an easy decision???   Trump University English class?  I can't believe we have this unintelligible ass after having such a well spoke president.  He makes Bushie look classy and well spoken.  WTF America.  WTF.  

Orange Fornicate Face needs to cite his sources that there's more traffic from certain areas.

And the correct D would be for the courts to tell the fornicate what to go do with his executive orders. 

Just now, iweartanktops said:

This makes me quite uneasy. 

This whole presidency makes me uneasy... :shakehead:

3 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

We have a racial inequality problem.  We have a white privilege problem. We have a Nazi in the White House problem.

Sean Spicer truly is a gigantic asshole. The way he speaks to journalists is highly unprofessional and uncalled for. That is it. I am calling his office and saying that if he wants to continually act like an asshole, I will call him one daily.

42 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Except we don't.  Crime is the lowest it's been since the early 70s.  Do some damn research Sessions!  You sound like an idiot.

4 minutes ago, Childless said:

Except we don't.  Crime is the lowest it's been since the early 70s.  Do some damn research Sessions!  You sound like an idiot.

Research? That does not enter the equation in the universe of alternate facts!

3 minutes ago, Penny said:

Ted Cruz says Dems are the party of the KKK.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/ted-cruz-says-dems-are-party-of-the-ku-klux-klan/405969428

This guy could have been our president. 

Sooooo, the KKK members are all librul lefties? Riiiiiiight.... 

13 minutes ago, Penny said:

Ted Cruz says Dems are the party of the KKK.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/ted-cruz-says-dems-are-party-of-the-ku-klux-klan/405969428

This guy could have been our president. 

That's the standard excuse of every fuckstick Republican out there.  I wish to the sweet Lord Jesus Christ that these fuckers would try cracking a goddamn history book every once in a while.

He Cruz, you ferret faced idiot, what party did guys like Strom Thurmond or Jesse Helms belong to once the Democrats committed themselves to civil rigths?  It sure as fuck wasn't the Democratic party after the 60s anymore.  It was YOUR party, asshole.

It's going to be open season on Black people like we haven't seen in a very long time. If Sessions was "too racist" in the 80s, but not in 2017, we're in trouble. 

ETA - all of this and it's Black History Month 

"What President Trump is supposed to be doing while he’s tweeting"

President Trump rose to the defense of his daughter Ivanka on Tuesday, after her clothing line was dropped by the retail chain Nordstrom.

<Drump's Tweet about how mean Nordstrom is>

There are a lot of reasons that this was a questionable thing to tweet, starting with the fact that the president of the United States was using his time — and government resources, once he retweeted from @POTUS — to bolster his daughter’s business.

But then people started to notice something else: The tweet was sent at 10:51 a.m. Eastern, about 20 minutes after Trump was supposed to have been participating in his daily intelligence briefing, according to his published schedule.

Not only that, but many of Trump’s tweets are sent from an Android phone. Trump’s Android phone is apparently the same one he’s used for years. Wired called that device “very, very risky” given that he’s using an old phone that’s significantly vulnerable to hacking. This prompted another concern: Did Trump have that phone in the briefing with him? Was he carrying an insecure device with a microphone into one of the most secure places in the world?

The answer is no in this case. Trump doesn’t actually take the daily briefing every day (despite its title), and it’s on his calendar again for Thursday — meaning that he probably skipped Wednesday’s. What’s more, the Ivanka tweet came from an iPhone. But the whole thing raised an interesting question: What’s the president supposed to be doing at those moments when he’s tweeting?

Using his published daily schedule (which is admittedly incomplete) and the index of his tweets from Trump Twitter Archive, we created a side-by-side look at how Trump’s public schedule compares to his Twitter schedule. One user interface note: The darker yellow tweets are those sent from his Android device. Lighter yellow; something else. (On a desktop, mouse over a hidden tweet to read the full text.) An important caveat: We assumed meetings ran an hour; we don’t generally know how long they actually ran.

The calendar begins at 6 a.m. on Jan. 21.

<graphic with schedule vs. Tweets>

Some things we noticed:

Trump’s Android use tends to happen off work hours — either before his day begins or after it ends. (The New York Times’ recent look at life in the White House indicated that Trump’s days usually end at 6:30 p.m.) During the day, it’s some other device.

While the tone of the midday tweets is generally less Trumpian than his Android tweets, it’s clear that he sometimes gets hold of a way of tweeting his own unfiltered thoughts on occasion. (Like this tweet.)

He’s often tweeting immediately before his day begins. On Thursday, for example, his tweets excoriating Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) on Thursday were sent right before he was supposed to, once again, take the daily briefing.

It’s sort of fascinating to see how long it takes for the effects of his actions to ripple out. He signed an executive order the afternoon of Jan. 27 barring migration from seven countries, and, a few days later, tweeted about the protests that ensued.

As the weeks progress, it will be interesting to see if this balance is sustained. What’s documented above is something of a transition period for him, moving from being Donald Trump, private citizen to Donald Trump, president.

Perhaps, by the middle of this year, Trump will finally have pivoted to the sober, traditionally presidential person many hoped to see. Perhaps he will leave his Android phone and its Trumpian tweets by the wayside.

Perhaps not.

No surprise that he's using his personal phone. Gee, Hillary was the devil for using personal communication devices, but Agent Orange is exempt.

2 hours ago, Mecca said:

I think it rather funny that Donald is angry at Nordstrom for not carrying his daughter's China made products. Isn't Nordstrom actually doing him a favor since he wants all products to be made in the U.S.? 

He could start with his own merchandise.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/ken-jeong-learn-where-trump-items-are-made.html

Give me a freaking break, Sessions.  If you want to cut down of lawlessness, how about changing the gun laws and implementing gun control? This is code for targeting people that have been on Sessions' list for a looooonnnnnngggggg time. 

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"What President Trump is supposed to be doing while he’s tweeting"

No surprise that he's using his personal phone. Gee, Hillary was the devil for using personal communication devices, but Agent Orange is exempt.

Yeah, everything that the Refucklicans whined about if Mrs. Clinton or President Obama did it, no matter how aboveboard and good it was is now OK since Agent Fuck Face took over.  Ugh.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

That's the standard excuse of every fuckstick Republican out there.  I wish to the sweet Lord Jesus Christ that these fuckers would try cracking a goddamn history book every once in a while.

He Cruz, you ferret faced idiot, what party did guys like Strom Thurmond or Jesse Helms belong to once the Democrats committed themselves to civil rigths?  It sure as fuck wasn't the Democratic party after the 60s anymore.  It was YOUR party, asshole.

I am so grateful for my AP Government teacher. She provided me with an excellent education. I will never forget her rants about Strom Thurmond that helped me understand how ignorant statements such as the one made by Cruz are.

#proudproductofpublicschools

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

It's going to be open season on Black people like we haven't seen in a very long time. If Sessions was "too racist" in the 80s, but not in 2017, we're in trouble. 

Please keep yourself safe over the next four years or less.

4 minutes ago, Ali said:

I am so grateful for my AP Government teacher. She provided me with an excellent education. I will never forget her rants about Strom Thurmond that helped me understand how ignorant statements such as the one made by Cruz are.

#proudproductofpublicschools

Yeah I took AP history in high school.

cnn.com/2017/02/09/opinions/nordstrom-trump-too-hot-to-handle-calkins-opinion/index.html

All of this is not good for the Trump brand, which only two years ago was synonymous for many with success, luxury, wealth, and elegance -- so much so that his children had successfully leveraged it to foster ventures in the wine and fashion industries. Wearing a Trump branded suit made a statement. The brand didn't appeal to everyone, but it had a generally positive association. Today, however, the brand has a completely different meaning. It makes a very different statement, with associations of racism, sexism and xenophobia.

It was?  That's news to me.  Even two years ago the Trump brand was synonymous with gold plated shit.

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

The saddest thing is that we've been in trouble for a long time already, but if you spoke out, you were whining. If you called someone out on their shite, you were part of the problem. If you called attention to something, you got told to make it better yourself. Go ahead, be a model for your minority, and show the rest how it's done!

I am grossly over-simplifying things to make the point that racism never went away. It just put on lipstick and pretended to be nice for a while.

And I know that I'm not telling you anything that's news. I am frustrated that it had to come to this to make others realize that people of colour weren't just whining. But I am heartened that we have new allies. Better late than never!

Together, we can do this! It doesn't matter how and when we came together, it matters that we stand up together. No matter how I may feel about the past, the future matters more. So, welcome friends, and let's do this! :)

More examples of how Flotus.. ehh Fdotus uses daddy's current position to spruik her stuff - all hardly wearing it herself...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/designers/ivanka-trump-mainly-wears-high-end-designers-not-her-own-clothing-line/news-story/4ff7da334e8f6b92f4a2e70c260e24c6

Trump’s eldest daughter has been accused of being out of touch, because in contrast to Michelle Obama, who championed accessible American designers, Ivanka almost exclusively wears luxury brands.

Aside from the Republican National Convention, when she wore a dusty pink sheath dress from her own line, Ms Trump tends to favour Oscar de la Renta, Caroline Herrara and Altazurra.

Last November, Ms Trump was criticised for using her father’spost-election 60 Minutes interview to flog her jewellery line.

During the interview she wore a stunning gold bracelet, valued at more than AU$13,000.

The following day, a “style-alert” email was sent by Ivanka Trump Fine Jewellery to fashion journalists around the world promoting the bangle.

The message, designed to highlight the upscale brand, featured a gold and diamond bracelet from her company’s “Metropolis” collection.

The email also had a photo of Ivanka Trump wearing the bangle as she sat with her father and siblings for the family’s first television interview since Donald Trump’s Presidential win.

The “style alert” quickly spread on social media, raising a storm of criticism as some saw it as blurring the lines between business and politics as the real estate tycoon prepares to take office on January 20.

In July, she raised eyebrows when she plugged a sleeveless sheath dress from her own collection that she wore to the Republican Party’s national convention that nominated her father.

Immediately after the convention, she sent a Twitter message with a link directing fans who wanted to “shop Ivanka’s look” to retailer Macy’s website where they could buy the same dress for AU$182.

Ms Trump has said she would take a leave of absence from her clothing and accessories business as well as the Trump organisation. Rosemary K. Young, senior director of marketing at Ivanka Trump, said last week the brand was expanding and saw “significant” revenue growth last year compared to the previous year.

Regarding the bolded: She didn't mention exactly how long the leave of absence would be for. Probably a few minutes...

Of course the White House confirmed that big baby Gropenführer's fee fees were hurt;

thehill.com/homenews/administration/318529-white-house-escalates-trumps-feud-with-nordstrom-over-ivanka-trump

The White House on Wednesday defended President Trump’s feuding with Nordstrom, claiming the retail giant attacked the president’s daughter and that he would defend his family when provoked.

Nordstrom has pulled Ivanka Trump’s line of clothing and accessories from its stores under the threat of boycott from outside groups. The company says its decision is based on an analysis of its sales.

But White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters the company was “targeting” Ivanka Trump for political reasons, which he said justified Trump’s attack against the company over Twitter.

“There’s clearly a targeting of her brand and her name was out there, so even if she’s not running the company, it’s clearly her name on it and there’s clearly efforts to undermine that name based on her father’s positions on particular policies he’s taken,” Spicer said. “This is a direct attack on his policies and her name and so there’s clearly an attempt for [Trump] to stand up for her being maligned because they have a problem with his policies.”

For fuck's sake, do you know what would've happened if a Democrat did this?  Pandefuckingonium from the reich then.

Excellent summary of Trump to help you touch base during what is now the chronic insanity of the Trump years.  Josh Marshall over at Talking Points Memo has put together something that's going to be my  decoder ring for awhile.  I'll list the 5 Points; each of the five points has a long paragraph or two discussing its underpinnings and I've provided a link at the end of the 5 Points.  When laid out each point seems obvious, but it's the clarification and implications of each point that help me understand  how the gears mesh with Frump; I'm going to read this every day for a bit.  When I see some crap go down, I'll go oh, yeah, point #3.   Also good clarification when a poll points out that currently, 42% of Americans still f**cking support the man child, and I go to my self, "Sweet Baby Jesus on a teeny tiny itty bitty little red crutch, how the ever loving f**k can anyone in his or her right mind possibly continue to support this imbecile?"   

On Trump, Keep it Simple (In 5 Points)

1: Trump is a Damaged Personality

2: Trump is a Great Communicator

3: Trump's Hold on His Base Is Grievance

4. Trump is Possible Because of Partisan Polarization

5: Trump is Surrounded By Extremists and Desperados

Full text here

Also, I'm fully aware that YMMV.  It was helpful to me.  For some of y'all, it may be "Meh"  * shrug*.   

7 minutes ago, LeftCoastLurker said:

Appellate court voted to NOT reinstate travel ban!  Strike out orange one  

Yeah I was just coming here to post on that myself.

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/09/appeals-court-trump-travel-ban-immigration-refugee-muslim-president/97644206/

A federal appeals court Thursday refused to let President Trump reinstitute a temporary ban on travelers from seven majority-Muslim nations, ruling that the president's order violates the due process rights of people affected by the ban.

The quick decision from a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit could lead to a showdown at the Supreme Court, unless the administration agrees to dial back the travel ban or try its case before a federal judge in Seattle who ordered it stopped last week.

"Although courts owe considerable deference to the President’s policy determinations with respect to immigration and national security, it is beyond question that the federal judiciary retains the authority to adjudicate constitutional challenges to executive action," the judge wrote in their opinion.

Next time, Orange Ferret Face, you might not want to throw down with the judiciary.  

Of course I'm expecting Furious Orange Tweet Storms™ to be coming along any moment now.

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived