IGNORED

Trump 11: Worse than Expected

Destiny

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I know you've talked about how your local paper gives Trump tongue baths. I too, live amongst those who dearly love their Lord and Savior, Donald J. Trump. The Letters to the Editor section of my local paper is a complete dumpster fire with most of the letters from Trump fans.

Yeah, their tongues and the paper itself seem to have an orange tint these days due to the amount of tongue bathing they perform for Agent Orange and his all GOP orchestra. 

To be fair though up until last summer no matter how much they kissed the Tangerine Hemorrhoid's ass (ain't that a pleasant mental image) they would get the Old Man Mail Harasser sending in obscene postcards to them for not being supportive enough to said hemorrhoid.  

Yeah I don't hang out with those who look upon Big Daddy Fornicate Head as their Lord and Savior.  Fortunately there are enough other people around me that feel as I do about him that I'm not completely alone.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/?utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=GOP_surveys_Mainstream-Media-Accountability-Survey

If anyone is bored. Beware, read questions CAREFULLY, it's biased as fuck and the questions are worded in such a way as to get the answers they want. 

12 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

To be fair though up until last summer no matter how much they kissed the Tangerine Hemorrhoid's ass (ain't that a pleasant mental image) they would get the Old Man Mail Harasser sending in obscene postcards to them for not being supportive enough to said hemorrhoid.

Is he still mailing you crap? I remember you telling us your local newspaper prints the addresses of everyone who writes in to make OMMH's job easier. 

12 minutes ago, Destiny said:

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/?utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=GOP_surveys_Mainstream-Media-Accountability-Survey

If anyone is bored. Beware, read questions CAREFULLY, it's biased as fuck and the questions are worded in such a way as to get the answers they want. 

I was about to respond, but then I got a big paranoid.  I said things like  "The media is exposing you for the fascist you are". and "The  Media was right to say your Muslim ban was illegal.   I didn't hit send.  There is no point. Any negative responses won't be counted. 

I was about to respond, but then I got a big paranoid.  I said things like  "The media is exposing you for the fascist you are". and "The  Media was right to say your Muslim ban was illegal.   I didn't hit send.  There is no point. Any negative responses won't be counted. 

I used a VPN and fake email and name, but my real zip code. I would NOT give them your real email address.

I was a bit curious about people who have never met a conspiracy theory that they didn't like, so I googled it.   Psychology Today lays it out for us in an article titled: 

Paranoia and the Roots of Conspiracy Theories by Ilan Sharira, Sept 11, 2008

Rather than speculating about the existence of specific conspiracies, I find a far more intriguing topic to be the psychology behind conspiracy thinking. Fortunately, an excellent book called Empire of Conspiracy by Tim Melley explores this issue.

Melley seeks to explain why conspiracy theories and paranoia have become so pervasive in American culture in recent decades. He discusses some of the paranoia behind our obsessions with political assassinations, gender and race relations, stalkers, mind control, bureaucracies, and the power of corporations and governments.

Melley proposes that conspiracy thinking arises from a combination of two factors, when someone: 1) holds strong individualist values and 2) lacks a sense of control. The first attribute refers to people who care deeply about an individual's right to make their own choices and direct their own lives without interference or obligations to a larger system (like the government). But combine this with a sense of powerlessness in one's own life, and you get what Melley calls agency panic, "intense anxiety about an apparent loss of autonomy" to outside forces or regulators.

When fervent individualists feel that they cannot exercise their independence, they experience a crisis and assume that larger forces are to blame for usurping this freedom. "For one who refuses to relinquish the assumptions of liberal individualism, such newly revealed forms of regulation frequently seem so unacceptable or unbelievable that they can only be met with anxiety, melodrama, or panic."

Although this was written in 2008, it still makes perfect sense in 2016. 

3 hours ago, Ali said:

I don't know that anything will get through to these people.

I know, sigh... 

On my walk today, a neighbor had posted a political campaign sign, and he recently altered it to read "Trump [will] Make America Great [and Christian] again" -- at least my neighbor's [currently] happy.

Time will tell how much more gruesome things get.  I am shoring up our savings account, just in case we hit another speedbump like 2007-2008.  Or I have to build a bunker.   Or...

But trying to stay optimistic, really!

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived