IGNORED

Trump 11: Worse than Expected

Destiny

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Interruption for a much needed laugh. Maybe my cinnamon roll was actually sushi. And I'm about to have some grape juice! 

Screenshot_20170216-171158.jpg

Yum, I love these, save some for me please.

I noticed some of the reporters' faces at the press conference looked like, "what the fuck am I listening to?" 

I felt the same way.

Yeah, the Tangerine Hemorrhoid shows why he's getting called Trumplethinskin all the time;

nytimes.com/2017/02/16/us/politics/shermichael-singleton-housing-urban-development.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

A top aide to President Trump’s housing secretary nominee, Ben Carson, was fired and led out of the department’s headquarters by security on Wednesday after writings critical of Mr. Trump surfaced in his vetting, according to two people briefed on the matter.

Shermichael Singleton, who was one of the few black conservatives in the Trump administration, had been working at the Department of Housing and Urban Development since Jan. 23 as a senior adviser. He was preparing a cross-country tour for Mr. Carson, who is expected to be confirmed by the Senate this month.

But according to the two people briefed, Mr. Singleton’s background check had not been completed. As it was being finished this week, Mr. Trump’s advisers turned up public writings by Mr. Singleton that appeared during the later stages of the campaign in which he was deeply critical of the candidate.

“My party in particular has allowed itself to be taken over by someone who claims to be a Republican but doesn’t represent any of our values, principles or traditions,” he wrote in The Hill in October 2016.

Here's the transcript of an interaction Trump had with a reporter at today's press conference: 

I'm so glad this reporter pushed Trump on his lies. Every reporter needs to call Trump's lies out to his face at EVERY press conference from now on. 

25 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Some female Trump supporters in Arizona are upset that Nordstrom has decided to no longer carry the Ivanka Trump line:

Quote from article:

If you think we could spend our time in better ways, we agree! We do a lot of service in our community, sadly you are judging us on a 59 second video. 1minute does not an entire life make. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! #standforsomething #hatersgonnahate,” the post reads.

Their message is a little muddled, but I'm happy to learn they are doing a lot of service in their community, because the president they voted for will likely make conditions tougher for the poor.  Work harder, ladies, because the rest of us probably will be, too.

45 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Some female Trump supporters in Arizona are upset that Nordstrom has decided to no longer carry the Ivanka Trump line:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/women-film-themselves-canceling-nordstrom-accounts-after-store-drops-ivanka_us_58a6102be4b037d17d261574

Well, ladies, Wally World is always there and ready for you to swing by to spend some $$$.

2 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Interruption for a much needed laugh. Maybe my cinnamon roll was actually sushi. And I'm about to have some grape juice! 

Screenshot_20170216-171158.jpg

I vote this photo the post of the week.  It is perfect. Herr's makes an Old Bay version. Cheese puffs are their very own food group.

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

Here's the transcript of an interaction Trump had with a reporter at today's press conference: 

I'm so glad this reporter pushed Trump on his lies. Every reporter needs to call Trump's lies out to his face at EVERY press conference from now on. 

Wow.  Did you all feeling it?  The earth just shifted on it's axis.  Somebody stood up to him and called orange slime out on his lies.  :boom:

4 hours ago, Howl said:

And there's this tasty tidbit from CNN online in an article discussing Harward turning down the job offer: 

A friend of Harward's said he was reluctant to take the job because the White House seems so chaotic. Harward called the offer a "s*** sandwich," the friend said....A senior Republican familiar with the process said "a question of clarity regarding the lines of authority" was central in Harward's decision.

!

:pb_lol: Harward knows what he's talking about with the shit sandwich! This whole administration is a shit sandwich!

@iweartanktops Your alternative carrots photo made my night!

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/women-film-themselves-canceling-nordstrom-accounts-after-store-drops-ivanka_us_58a6102be4b037d17d261574

Where will they go when Dillard's decides to dump Ivanka's line?

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Trump's doing a survey again about the mean ol' media:

https://action.trump2016.com/trump-mms-survey/

I think that might be an old survey.  It seems to be talking about the campaign, not about his presidency.  Of course, it's hard to tell what with him still whining about HRC and the election 4 freaking months later.

I know we have Trump fans who are members here and sometimes I wish they would come and explain how they can overlook all the terrible things he is doing. I just can't wrap my brain around people ignoring all this and finding a way to justify the things he is doing. 

As horrifying as it is to say this, even as a staunch liberal, I can almost handle four years of Trump in office. 

As a staunch liberal, who also happens to be female, and middle class, the thought of  Pence/Ryan in charge of the country, terrifies me.

My mom and I have a running theory going on. That they (GOP) are letting Trump do all of this crazy shit, to get everyone riled up. When the perfect time comes along, they (GOP) are going to be AOK with Trump getting impeached or such. Pence would take over as President, he would pick his BFF Ryan to be his VP, that's when the real trouble will start.

I'm not a liberal. I'm a moderate and I lean conservative on certain issues. I have no idea how any human being could possibly support Trump. Like, I try not to paint them all with one broad brush as racists and imbeciles because there are so many of them, but it's truly mystifying. I understand hating Hillary more than you hate Trump, so you hold your nose and vote for him (even though I personally am not of that way of thinking at all), but people who actually support him? Well, all I can say is it's a very good thing that democracy in America has such a solid foundation, because right now we're all being treated to a fairly transparent and illuminating look at how a dictatorship comes to power.

The larger scandal brewing, in my mind, is the FBI, who decided that even though Flynn did blatantly lie to them, he retroactively  "didn't remember" shit happens and hey, that's good enough for the FBI, because retroactively "not remembering" shit happens sometimes. 

However, there are underlying (and potentially very scary) issues with the larger intelligence community that aren't being discussed in the MSM*.  Is Flynn just a symptom? Trump is a weak president with a tenuous grasp on reality and a White House in disarray.  Josh Marshall is very good at looking at the information currently available and discussing the possible implications, in this instance, what's potentially happening in the US intelligence community relative to Trump.  

Extremely dangerous ground

I want to take a moment to discuss two articles which have been published in recent days which focus on the idea that Michael Flynn was run out of office by a cabal of enemies in the intelligence and law enforcement establishment which actually has as its goal driving President Trump from office.

full text here

*So much awful shit happens so quickly with this administration that's it's hard to keep up with everything minute by minute + American's have a short attention span, so I give the MSM a small pass.  

I see Rancid Peenus is brown nosing away now over the Toxic Orange Megacolon's press conference...

kcrg.com/content/news/Priebus-says-president-nailed-press-conference-414067463.html

Priebus tells Fox News that Trump is a great "salesman" and that "there's no person better to speak for President Trump than President Trump." He says Thursday's news conference "was an effective way to sum up what his message was yesterday and he did a fantastic job."

Preibus also blasted recent media reports as "totally fake" or "grossly overstated."

Priebus says there's a chance reporters are making up the news entirely or that there are some "bad actors" or "holdovers" in the intelligence community spreading false claims.

I enjoyed this article: "‘Words fail me’: Colbert and other late-night hosts skewer Trump’s news conference". Some favorite quotes:

Meyers: “It’s racist to assume all black people know each other. You don’t know all orange people. Hey, Donald, can you set up a meeting with Snooki and the Lorax? You can talk about trees and tanning.”

Kimmel: “You know it’s a bad press conference when assuming all black people know each other wasn’t even the worst part of it.”

Colbert (to bandleader Jon Batiste): “Jon, it’s true, right? … Is he giving away a secret? All black people know each other, right? And you control each other’s schedules?”
Batiste: “Yeah, yeah, we meet at Oprah’s house.”
Colbert: “Oh, at Oprah’s house? Can you set up a meeting between me and Beyoncé and Denzel Washington and Frederick Douglass? Because I’ve been hearing some great things about that guy.”

Colbert: “Actually, sir, Barack Obama got 365 electoral votes in 2008, you only got 306. Wait. Do you think 306 is larger than 365? Wow, Betsy DeVos works quick!”

Corden: “This is the guy he said it to. This guy. He’s an Orthodox Jewish reporter. I’m pretty sure he has met people who are less anti-Semitic than Donald Trump. You know, like at home. Or at his temple. His Passover Seder.”

Kimmel: “The president decided to hold an impromptu press conference, and it was a sight to see. It reminded me of something you’d see before a pay-per-view boxing event … my guess he did it because he’s mad and he just wanted to blow off some steam. The tone of the press conference was like if your dad found a pack of cigarettes under your mattress.”

Meyers: “Did you hear him? He said he’s not ranting and raving, but again, what president hasn’t had to say ‘I’m not ranting and raving’? Who can forget Lincoln’s tirade at Gettysburg? Or FDR’s fireside meltdowns? And of course, Ronald Reagan famously saying, ‘Mr. Gorbachev, if you don’t tear down this f—ing wall, I’m going to lose my s—.’ ”

Kimmel: “Except for ‘Fox & Friends,’ the president is extremely angry at the news media. Apparently, he spends a lot of time watching people talk about him and it gets him riled up. Would someone unplug his TV and take his phone away before we all get blown to smithereens here?”

It is truly amazing that this orange toddler somehow conned enough people to vote for him that he is standing up in front of the world, ostensibly as the leader of the free world.

I found this commentary to Trump's pess conference sadly hilarious https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/16/donald-trump-press-conference-media-criticism-not-funny

Most White House reporters and presidential historians long for this kind of insight: how does a commander-in-chief deal with a crisis? What is his decision-making approach to all the world’s challenges?

Sadly in Trump’s case, it turns out the answers are astonishingly simple.

Let’s consider the first big test of Trump’s management of this branch office of the paper company: the strange firing of General Mike Flynn, formerly one of his closest and craziest advisers, handling bad things like uranium.

“As far as the general’s concerned, when I first heard about it, I said huh, that doesn’t sound wrong. My counsel came, Don McGahn, White House counsel, and he told me and I asked him, he can speak very well for himself. He said he doesn’t think anything is wrong, you know, really didn’t think.”

So now we have two people in the Oval Office who think, kind of: huh, nothing wrong with talking to the Russians and lying about it.

But let’s hear more from the 45thpresident: “I waited a period of time and I started to think about it, I said “well I don’t see” — to me, he was doing the job.”

So even after a period of reflection, Trump still couldn’t see what all the fuss was about. (Note to the nervous: good to know he waits before he acts.)

“The information was provided by — who I don’t know, Sally Yates,” he explained, unclear or unimpressed by his acting attorney general, a career official who earned her last promotion with bipartisan support. “And I was a little surprised because I said “doesn’t sound like he did anything wrong there.” But he did something wrong with respect to the vice president and I thought that was not acceptable.”

So that’s clear. Trump fired Flynn for doing something wrong to Mike Pence even though he did his job well. That “something wrong” would be lying about something totally fine, in Trump’s view. But why is Trump so confident that this isn’t such a big deal? “As far as the actual making the call,” he told the nation, “in fact I’ve watched various programs and I’ve read various articles where he was just doing his job.”

In italian I'd say "o c'è o ci fa" (either he's a simpleton or he's acting as one).

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I know we have Trump fans who are members here and sometimes I wish they would come and explain how they can overlook all the terrible things he is doing. I just can't wrap my brain around people ignoring all this and finding a way to justify the things he is doing. 

Imho finding Trump voters will soon be as hard as finding Bush's second time voters. Only the crazies, the braindead and the white supremacists can support him after watching or reading the full text of this conference. 

OK, fuck Chaffetz.  No seriously, FUCK CHAFFETZ, because this jackwagon, in his capacity as House Oversight Committee Chair,  wants the DOJ to bring charges against the Clinton staffer (Bryan Pagliano) who set up Hillary's private server, but has decided not to launch an investigation into ties between Trump aides and Russian officials.  Pagliano refused to respond to a subpoenas demanding that he appear before the House Oversight Committee last year and  the committee voted to hold him in contempt of Congress.

4 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I found this commentary to Trump's pess conference sadly hilarious https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/16/donald-trump-press-conference-media-criticism-not-funny

In italian I'd say "o c'è o ci fa" (either he's a simpleton or he's acting as one).

Imho finding Trump voters will soon be as hard as finding Bush's second time voters. Only the crazies, the braindead and the white supremacists can support him after watching or reading the full text of this conference. 

I remember when I was over in Italy I couldn't find anyone who would admit to supporting the horrible and disgusting Silvio Berlusconi. 

I think before too long a lot of people won't be admitting to voting for the Orange Toxic Megacolon.  Of course here there will always be that crowd that is proud that they voted for the orange fornicate head.

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

OK, fuck Chaffetz.  No seriously, FUCK CHAFFETZ, because this jackwagon, in his capacity as House Oversight Committee Chair,  wants the DOJ to bring charges against the Clinton staffer (Bryan Pagliano) who set up Hillary's private server, but has decided not to launch an investigation into ties between Trump aides and Russian officials.  Pagliano refused to respond to a subpoenas demanding that he appear before the House Oversight Committee last year and  the committee voted to hold him in contempt of Congress.

Or as I call him, Chapped Ass.  He really is a smarmy little fuck.  Yeah he was all about persecuting Mrs. Clinton but now when there's evidence of actual wrongdoing by Fuck Face and his groupies Chapped Ass is no where to be seen.

There is a person on a board where I read elsewhere who is thrilled about Trump.  She thinks he is doing a fantastic job.  She loves him.  I quote - "he can do no wrong in my eyes."

This person also believes every batshit crazy conspiracy theory that comes down the pike - project blue beam, people are worshipping Baal in Times Square, Lady Gaga is Illuminati, the Clintons are running a child sex ring, Ebola was going to kill a million people in the US, Obama was going to cancel the election and declare martial law, the world was going to end when Pope Francis came to the US, on and on and on.  Oh, and she's going to be raptured away from it all any second now (she's been saying that for years).

I think that's a pretty good picture of the type of person who supports him.

12 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Oh. Bless their hearts. Taking a stand against shopping. While the rest of us women are calling and writing our law makers, going to town halls and marching, they are going to the mall and filming themselves looking like fools. But that is cool. More stuff for me when I order.

I will sashaying my ass into Nordstrom on Sunday and purchase a fair amount of products and tell them it is because they did drop Ivanka. I won't film it though. I am not narcissistic.  

1 hour ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

“As far as the actual making the call,” he told the nation, “in fact I’ve watched various programs and I’ve read various articles where he was just doing his job.”

Does he not realize how very much this echoes "I was just following orders"? 

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived