IGNORED

Trump 11: Worse than Expected

Destiny

I enjoyed this article in the NYT: "Well Trump Watchers, Things Could Be Worse". My favorite part of the article:

Wow. If you thought a successful President Trump was the worst possible scenario, imagine an egomaniac who feels threatened with being a “loser,” back to the wall. In the interest of public tranquillity we will not dwell on the nuclear codes in his office.

From the start, the Trump administration was a dark combination of mean and inept. But it was, on occasion, at least sort of mesmerizing. For instance, on Wednesday the nominee for secretary of labor went down the drain. Because somebody thought it was a good plan to go for a cabinet member with a history that includes employing an illegal immigrant housekeeper and an ex-wife who once went on “Oprah” to talk about spousal abuse.

Things are so dire, people are feeling sympathy for Kellyanne Conway. Did you see that poor woman trying to answer questions about Flynn on the “Today” show? She looked as though she’d been hit over the head with a skillet.

Back in the good old days last week, Kellyanne was in trouble for violating the rule against federal officials giving endorsements. (“I’m going to give a free commercial here: Go buy it today, everybody. You can find it online.”) It was a pretty good crisis, actually. The kind of thing we could have complained about at dinner parties for a month without losing our appetites.

The majority of American voters who didn’t support Donald Trump used to watch him on TV with a kind of cynical amusement as he bragged about fake election results and crowd sizes. Now every time it happens you can’t help thinking — wow, is this guy really unhinged? On Wednesday, in the middle of a press conference with the prime minister of Israel, Trump responded to a question about anti-Semitism in America by immediately pointing out he had won 306 Electoral College votes. (“We were not supposed to crack 220.”)

Other than the fact that I feel no sympathy for Kellyanne, I agree. I especially liked the "dark combination of mean and inept." That is a perfect description of Lord Dampnut.

Another good one is: "Trump Voters Show President They Can Complain on Twitter, Too". Best line of all:

“We have a nincompoop in office.” — Debbie Nelson

Yes, we do, thanks to said Drumpf voters.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Responding to several posts. . .

Pat Robertson is certifiably insane. Hopefully God will soon call him home, he has a lot to answer for. For years, he has bilked elderly people out of their meager Social Security to keep him in the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed.

The Russian spy ship lurking offshore may not be that unusual, but I think Putin is pushing the limits to see just how far he can go. With the Russian warplane buzzing the Navy ship in the Black Sea recently and Russia launching the cruise missile in violation of a treaty, I think it's pretty clear things are escalating.

I noticed the "press conferences" are laughable. Lord Dampnut doesn't really answer the softball questions and NEVER calls on anyone from a major news outlet. I watched the last one and wondered who in the hell was "Townhall?" Now I know, some obscure, conservative "news" outlet.  He is a complete joke, but IT IS NOT FUNNY!

Chump is giving a Special Report.  He announced a new cabinet member, complained about how long it's taken to get them approved, whined about the press being mean to him, and wants everyone to know he inherited a terrible mess that he now has to clean up.  He's still talking.

11 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Chump is giving a Special Report.  He announced a new cabinet member, complained about how long it's taken to get them approved, whined about the press being mean to him, and wants everyone to know he inherited a terrible mess that he now has to clean up.  He's still talking.

Now he's taking questions and giving rambling answers. And probably lying. Bigly.

The new, potential cabinet member is another white guy too! Surprise, surprise.

I can't see this real time. Has he said anything about the travel-ban substitute he was promising last week? 

The main Irish TV news programme just finished (it's 7pm here) and it had a little live report from Donald's press conference. The newsreader, who's always very poker-faced and professional remarked when the clip ended that 'Mr Trump appears very preoccupied with the leaks but hasn't yet commented on the substantive issues at the core of the matter'. And then he grinned, like he couldn't help it.

That little smirk gave me life. So out of character for that particular newsreader but he obviously thinks Donald's posturing and blustering is so beyond ridiculous that he couldn't keep it in.

The whole world thinks he's an ass, peeps. Hang in there, we're rooting for you :my_heart:

57 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Anyone else watching the press conference with Assclown? JHC, is this guy unstable, angry and an asshole. 

Yes, I watched that bull shit. 

"I am the least anti-semitic and the least racist person there is"

5 minutes later a Black reporter raises her hand 

"Oh, this is going to be a bad question."

:angry-banghead:

25 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

That little smirk gave me life. So out of character for that particular newsreader but he obviously thinks Donald's posturing and blustering is so beyond ridiculous that he couldn't keep it in.

The whole world thinks he's an ass, peeps. Hang in there, we're rooting for you :my_heart:

This means a lot to me, truly.  I feel like my little postcard campaign is nothing against the current evil, but it helps to know others are watching and beaming support our way.   Thank you! 

I do plan to ramp my political activity up a notch, but things are so fast-flowing that I can only tackle an issue a day, if that.  I won't quit, that's for sure.

33 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I can't see this real time. Has he said anything about the travel-ban substitute he was promising last week? 

He wouldn't elaborate. He said he will discuss after it's revealed. Also, women, the Cubans, the Blacks, the Hispanics... He's very popular with "them." FYI. 

And apparently he doesn't know that there white people in the inner cities, too. 

Fucking hell 

Oh, and Melania is a really, really good person. He told us several times that he's known her for a very long time. Also, Ivanka is a fabulous, fabulous person. They really care about "women's issues and problems". No specifics on that.  :angry-banghead: 

Hey, has Melania began her anti-bullying project yet? 

Can you guys tell I'm fucking losing it. PMS and Trump are a bad combination. I'm going to eat a cinnamon roll. 

23 hours ago, Mecca said:

It is hard to believe that after all the shit that has come out over the last week and knowing that Trump's aides have been communicating before the election with Russia, Trump's approval rating with republicans still remains high. Whoever thought is our lifetime that we would see conservatives in the U.S. basically be pro-Kremlin? 

We are like 26 days into this and I am already exhausted. Make it stop! 

Who are these people who still have faith in a Trump presidency?  Are the pollsters only calling deeply red areas?  'Cause I have yet to get a call from a pollster.

17 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

The same or similar was quoted above in an article, but this is a tweet from Trump (today!) that I thought was an amazing example of how crazy his thinking can be.  He's still harping on the campaign.  (I don't know how to copy from Twitter, but here is a cut and paste of the quote.)  There must be a saner parallel universe I can exit into...

This Russian connection non-sense is merely an attempt to cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton's losing campaign.

Anyone else remember how Obama, in his first month in office, repeatedly brought up the election results and his opponent's "bad" campaign promises?  While complaining about the bad press, while talking to the press?  And picking and choosing who gets to ask a question, or a follow-up question?

I sure don't.

52 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

The WaPo did a full transcript complete with annotations. I can't copy any of the notes here, but they are worth a read. He truly is unhinged.

A good article about how he's stuck in campaign mode, not governing mode. No big surprise.  The article begins

President Trump is stuck in a time warp.

As he seeks to steer his young administration through what is shaping up to be a test of his capacity to govern, he seems unable to put 2016 behind him.

Urgency is mounting about Russia’s brazenness in breaching U.S. security, and new questions are being raised about Trump aides’ dealings with Moscow during the campaign and transition.

But to the president, it’s still all about the election.

“The Democrats had to come up with a story as to why they lost the election, and so badly (306), so they made up a story — RUSSIA. Fake news!” Trump tweeted Thursday, noting in parentheses the number of electoral votes he won in November.

Trump shows little interest in a growing pile of evidence that Russia attempted to influence the outcome of the election. And he doesn’t seem curious about whether those who worked for him had improper contact with Russian agents.

Instead, he is accusing the intelligence community of disclosing information without authorization, and blaming the news media for harping on it.

His priorities worry those who see in Russia’s behavior a real threat to U.S. security — not only last year, but also going forward.

“The focus can’t be on leaks. The focus can’t be on Hillary [Clinton]. The focus has to be on what happened,” said Richard Haass, the president of the Council on Foreign Relations, who served in senior positions under the past three Republican presidents. “He’s got to use this to clean house, and to essentially reboot his administration.”

The chaos, Haass added, “is both a cause and a symptom of a governing crisis.”

Now I'm humming "time warp".

17 hours ago, CTRLZero said:
11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

This actually happens more than you'd think. The US does it to other countries too. It's only concerning this time because of Trump and how aggressive Russia has been lately.

Heres an article about it from the Hartford Courant:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-groton-sub-base-20170215-story,amp.html?client=safari

I'd rather have the Russians be obvious about it. I feel like sneaking around would indicate more serious motives. Being obvious about it indicates more that they're putting on a show more than anything in my opinion.

For the record - I am a lifelong CT resident who lives about an hour from Groton. I've been to the base there with my grandparents to visit the USS Nautilus Museum- it's pretty cool. I'm honestly not concerned about this specific incident. It should serve as a reminder for caution rather than spark panic or widespread fear.

(And here's the website for the Nautilus museum for anyone interested: http://m.ussnautilus.org/)

------------

Also, Olivia Wilde is all of us:

IMG_7965.PNG

The same or similar was quoted above in an article, but this is a tweet from Trump (today!) that I thought was an amazing example of how crazy his thinking can be.  He's still harping on the campaign.  (I don't know how to copy from Twitter, but here is a cut and paste of the quote.)  There must be a saner parallel universe I can exit into...

This Russian connection non-sense is merely an attempt to cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton's losing campaign.

This is yet another reason Trump hates Obama.  Obama gets to relax on a beach with his sweetie.  Trump has to entertain foreign leaders and various non-vetted Average Wealthy People (like that guy who took selfies with the Japanese prime minister) during his weekly vacations, and his sweetie doesn't want to be near him.

I am sitting here seething in anger after that press conference. Seething with my fist in the air wanting to throat punch that rat asshole into another galaxy. What a rude, rude man that has not a clue what he is doing. He that press conference does not highlight his racism and anti-Semitic views, I don't know what will. 

He is still going on and on about the margins of his win. He is contradicting himself when it comes to the leaks and fake media. He is literally eroding the first amendment before our very eyes. I am calling my Senators, yet again, and asking them to kindly get their heads out of their asses and do their job. This type of embarrassing nonsense needs to cease. I love this country, and I want to fight for it. I have been doing just that for months, but after today.....I am seriously thinking about going back to Oz. That man is unhinged and dangerous. 

13 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Who are these people who still have faith in a Trump presidency?  Are the pollsters only calling deeply red areas?  'Cause I have yet to get a call from a pollster.

I ask these same questions and have no answers.  It's pretty stunning to find what lies just below the surface of our society. 

Flipping the question around, we have seen some people who voted for Trump change their mind.  Have we seen anyone who didn't vote for Trump now flocking to him?  I don't see that, either.   And no calls from pollsters here (blue state, though).

Just random observations...

27 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The WaPo did a full transcript complete with annotations. I can't copy any of the notes here, but they are worth a read. He truly is unhinged.

A good article about how he's stuck in campaign mode, not governing mode. No big surprise.  The article begins

Now I'm humming "time warp".

Thanks for the transcript. I'm still busy reading it (quite difficult,  trying to follow his rambling, repetative, great, tremendous, me, me, me chest pounding) but one particular bit sprang out to me in a very frightening way.

Let me list to you some of the things that we've done in just a short period of time. I just got here. And I got here with no Cabinet.

That one sentence is very sinister. Because in essence what he's telling us is that he can do things without a Cabinet. He doesn't need a Cabinet to get things done.

(cue Jaws-theme)

The only positive thing I can say about Trump is he angers me so much when I listen to him that he makes me scrub my floors harder resulting in sparkling floors. That's all I got. 

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

He wouldn't elaborate. He said he will discuss after it's revealed. Also, women, the Cubans, the Blacks, the Hispanics... He's very popular with "them." FYI. 

And apparently he doesn't know that there white people in the inner cities, too. 

Fucking hell 

Oh, and Melania is a really, really good person. He told us several times that he's known her for a very long time. Also, Ivanka is a fabulous, fabulous person. They really care about "women's issues and problems". No specifics on that.  :angry-banghead: 

Can you guys tell I'm fucking losing it. PMS and Trump are a bad combination. I'm going to eat a cinnamon roll. 

Bullshit.  Ivanka and Melania don't give a rat's ass about women.  Did you know I had to take out a loan to make it through the back end of my maternity leave because my company doesn't offer full paid maternity leave.  I got only 40% of my salary for just half the time I was off.  That's it.  If they cared at all about women, why haven't they been fighting to change maternity leave laws and stumping for other women's issues prior to Dampnut getting into the White House?  Why haven't they done anything since he was elected?  They've had almost 4 months now to get initiatives started and they've done nothing.  Face it.  If you aren't rich, they don't give a fuck about you.

19 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

The least racist person... 

FUUUUUCKKKKK *screaming*

Jeff Sessions, Steve Banon and Trump walk into a bar.  Who is  least racist person? Reading this makes me want to kick something.

2 minutes ago, Childless said:

Bullshit.  Ivanka and Melania don't give a rat's ass about women.  Did you know I had to take out a loan to make it through the back end of my maternity leave because my company doesn't offer full paid maternity leave.  I got only 40% of my salary for just half the time I was off.  That's it.  If they cared at all about women, why haven't they been fighting to change maternity leave laws and stumping for other women's issues prior to Dampnut getting into the White House?  Why haven't they done anything since he was elected?  They've had almost 4 months now to get initiatives started and they've done nothing.  Face it.  If you aren't rich, they don't give a fuck about you.

Sweetheart, you don't get it, do you? 

You are a woman. What the hell do you think you are doing? This is your just desserts for daring to get a job! You know you all you are good for is being a good wifey and pumping out as much babiez as possible. Stop your whining, woman. Sheesh!

<sarcasm font off>

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

Fucking hell 

The Blacks.  The Hispanics.  The Jews.  What would happen if he met somebody who was Black and Jewish?  Would he just implode?  

8 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Sweetheart, you don't get it, do you? 

You are a woman. What the hell do you think you are doing? This is your just desserts for daring to get a job! You know you all you are good for is being a good wifey and pumping out as much babiez as possible. Stop your whining, woman. Sheesh!

<sarcasm font off>

I'm sure they would just love supporting my unemployed ass with their tax dollars seeing as I'm the only breadwinner in my family right now.  Hmmm..... maybe I should just do that.  It'd probably be less stressful than working 13 hour days so I can afford to pay for the therapy my kid needs.  Hell, Medicaid would pay for it in full.  I know because my lazy ass conservative sister's kids are on Medicaid so she can sit her ass at home and her husband can work his dream job after quitting a decent paying job that offered medical insurance.

53 minutes ago, JMarie said:

This is yet another reason Trump hates Obama.  Obama gets to relax on a beach with his sweetie.  Trump has to entertain foreign leaders and various non-vetted Average Wealthy People (like that guy who took selfies with the Japanese prime minister) during his weekly vacations, and his sweetie doesn't want to be near him.

We the People have waited long enough....... Mr. President Barack Obama... please come back.  End your vacation, come home and HELP US.  All your hard work is getting turned to shit.  We need you. 

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived