IGNORED

Trump 11: Worse than Expected

Destiny

Just like a toddler, it's okay if you do something to hurt someone else, but when you do something to hurt me, it's not fair: "Trump reveled in leaks that hurt Hillary Clinton. He now calls administration disclosures ‘un-American’." The article begins:

President Trump took to Twitter on Wednesday to rage against leakers in his administration who have doled out classified details to journalists like “candy” and have engaged in what he called “un-American” secret spilling.

The angry message was part of a blitz of tweets taking aim at the news media — and leaks from intelligence agencies — for reports of secret Russian contacts that led to the resignation of the White House security adviser Michael Flynn.

But the direct slam against the leaks suggested deepening struggles within the Trump White House as it faces growing questions — and possible congressional probes — about how and when the president and other top officials dealt with the disclosures that Flynn conducted private outreach with Russia’s ambassador during the campaign. Intercepts showed that Flynn discussed U.S. sanctions in a phone call with the Russian ambassador — a conversation topic that Flynn first denied and then later said he could not recall.

The barrage of Tweets spewed forth by Lord Dampnut this morning are included in the article. It seems like he's done everything but lay face down on the carpet, kicking and screaming.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure this is going to sound totally naive, but there must be a way to turf these people, right? I mean, for God's sake. They're incompetent, incoherent, and seemingly treasonous. I'm Canadian, so I'm not as up on the American political system as I'd like to be. I know presidents can be impeached, obviously (even millennial Canadians know about Nixon, and I remember Bill Clinton's trials & tribulations). Has Trump done anything yet that could get him impeached? Is it likely they'll go that route? I know the Republicans are in control, but surely they'd rather have Pence running the show?

23 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm sure this is going to sound totally naive, but there must be a way to turf these people, right? I mean, for God's sake. They're incompetent, incoherent, and seemingly treasonous. I'm Canadian, so I'm not as up on the American political system as I'd like to be. I know presidents can be impeached, obviously (even millennial Canadians know about Nixon, and I remember Bill Clinton's trials & tribulations). Has Trump done anything yet that could get him impeached? Is it likely they'll go that route? I know the Republicans are in control, but surely they'd rather have Pence running the show?

Yes, he's already done enough to get impeached. But I'm also baffled by why the Republicans don't want to impeach him and have Pence instead. It's starting to look very suspicious. I'm starting to wonder if there are also people in Congress who are working with or being blackmailed by Russia. 

Well, something is really, really suspicious to me:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/mike-pence-told-about-flynn-warning-11-days-after-trump-n720836

Apparently the Tangerine Toddler kept things secret from Pence.

The White House kept Vice President Pence in the dark for weeks about the warning it had gotten about national security adviser MichaelFlynn from the Justice Department, Pence's press secretary, Marc Lotter, said Tuesday.

Pence did not find out until Feb. 9. Trump was first informed about the Justice Department's concerns regarding Flynn on Jan. 26, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said at Tuesday's daily press briefing. (...)

The date the vice president knew is significant because it is when the administration became aware that the Washington Post was about to publish a heavily-sourced story that confirmed Flynn and the Russian ambassador discussed sanctions, despite public denials from Flynn and other incoming senior administration officials including Pence, then the vice president-elect.

Call me cynical, but I'm not sure I believe Pence didn't know until then. To me it looks like they're setting Pence up so he can say: well, the Tangerine Toddler never kept me in the loop, so I'm not as culpable as he is, and I'm not part of his corrupt system, so there's no need to impeach me along with him.

7 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Yes, he's already done enough to get impeached. But I'm also baffled by why the Republicans don't want to impeach him and have Pence instead. It's starting to look very suspicious. I'm starting to wonder if there are also people in Congress who are working with or being blackmailed by Russia. 

Or they like the incompetent orange toxic megacolon oaf tangerine hemorrhoid that they have in office now who will approve pretty much anything Republicans set in front of him.  Hell he doesn't even look at the executive orders that he's signing, just signs them no matter how much of a giant cluster fornicate they are.

Just now, 47of74 said:

Or they like the incompetent orange toxic megacolon oaf tangerine hemorrhoid that they have in office now who will approve pretty much anything Republicans set in front of him.  Hell he doesn't even look at the executive orders that he's signing, just signs them no matter how much of a giant cluster fornicate they are.

Or they're setting him up as the scapegoat when everything implodes. They're keeping him in office to get as much of the shit they want done pushed through, and then when things finally turn pear-shaped they'll be the first ones to point at him and bleating "but it's his fault!"

1 minute ago, fraurosena said:

Or they're setting him up as the scapegoat when everything implodes. They're keeping him in office to get as much of the shit they want done pushed through, and then when things finally turn pear-shaped they'll be the first ones to point at him and bleating "but it's his fault!"

I remember how most GOP politicians and party organizations were distancing themselves from the orange toxic megacolon in the days leading up to the election, so that if he had been trounced by Mrs. Clinton they could say well we didn't want him in there, it was the Branch Trumpvidians who propped this guy up.

Then all of a sudden when that orange sack of feces won, they were falling over each other to be the first to kiss his hindparts.

10 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Call me cynical, but I'm not sure I believe Pence didn't know until then. To me it looks like they're setting Pence up so he can say: well, the Tangerine Toddler never kept me in the loop, so I'm not as culpable as he is, and I'm not part of his corrupt system, so there's no need to impeach me along with him.

I don't believe Pence was in the dark either. The one silver lining of the total incompetence of this entire administration is that the leaks from the White House are coming fast and furious, and as more and more people go down they're going to start outing one another's secrets left-and-right in an effort to try to save themselves. So if they are lying about Pence not knowing anything, I believe it will come out eventually. 

I find it so disheartening to see that it's not about politics anymore. It's not about the good of the country. It's most certainly not about the good of the people. It's all about the party. Nothing more, nothing less.

All I see the GOP doing is jumping all over the sandbox shouting  "Neener, neener, neener, we won and you lo-ho-host! We won, you lost! Suckers! Look we can do anything we want haha, we won, hahahaaaaa..." in the most childish, puerile, juvenile manner possible, all while kicking sand all over the place.  

On 13.2.2017 at 8:37 PM, fraurosena said:

You know what? I don't care what Breitfart looks like. I don't care how Conjob looks. That is not important at all. They can be asswipe ugly or gloriously pretty. Makes no difference. It's their terrifying acusations and their white-supremasist, bigoted, patriotic, xenofobic, racist and mysoginist ideology that is so nauseating and dangerous.

I'd rather focus on that, instead of pointing out the deficiancies in their outward appearance, because it only detracts from what's really important.

It's not that Bannon looks ugly, it's that he looks  like a terminal drunk and in case he happens to be a terminal drunk it is pretty relevant to me because I don't want evil drunk people making any important decisions. 

You know what? I don't care what Breitfart looks like. I don't care how Conjob looks. That is not important at all. They can be asswipe ugly or gloriously pretty. Makes no difference. It's their terrifying acusations and their white-supremasist, bigoted, patriotic, xenofobic, racist and mysoginist ideology that is so nauseating and dangerous.

I'd rather focus on that, instead of pointing out the deficiancies in their outward appearance, because it only detracts from what's really important.

It's not that Bannon looks ugly, it's that he looks  like a terminal drunk and in case he happens to be a terminal drunk it is pretty relevant to me because I don't want evil drunk people making any important decisions. 

There is certainly enough to get Trump impeached, and I swear he's doing all he can to give them stuff to get him out of the presidency. He just wants to be able to say he was forced out and retain some sort of face so that he can go and turn his ouster into a money making deal for himself. I think in his heart, he's shocked as hell that he's gotten as far as he has.

The GOP has a couple of issues as I see it. First there are the complete closet crazies. They were trying to stay to just the good side of sane before Trump and are now enjoying the free rein to push through all of their racist, sexist policies that they'd like to implement. Trump's been their canary in the coal mine as it were, and they're going to go as far as they can for as long as they can.

More moderate Republicans would probably love Pence and love him now, but they have to be sure that none of Crazy's stench clings too strongly to him. They need time to shore up Pence as a reasonable option, make sure he has no ties to Russia and the like. If Trump gets impeached, Pence would follow him, but the GOP wants him to be a two term president, and there's no guarantee of that if the Dems can link him too closely with Trump's corruptions.

I think Pence is just crazy, wrapped in a tighter package, but he looks the part and comes off as more reasonable. And while he may decimate the rights of (not white men) Americans, he probably won't be antagonizing the international world while he does it.

11 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I don't believe Pence was in the dark either. The one silver lining of the total incompetence of this entire administration is that the leaks from the White House are coming fast and furious, and as more and more people go down they're going to start outing one another's secrets left-and-right in an effort to try to save themselves. So if they are lying about Pence not knowing anything, I believe it will come out eventually. 

You're probably right. The White House leaks like a couple of Russian hookers.

23 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

So there, you told me thrice! :562479a77044e_Thelastcowtail!shakefist:

I do agree with your point about the potential alcoholism though.

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

sorry, the page wasn't updating and I thought the post didn't go through and clicked several times. 

No worries, I thought it was quite funny.

Are there ANY Republicans left that actually care about their country and are willing to put the good of the country above party loyalty? I used to think John McCain was a decent man, served his country, a POW, and all that, then came his presidential campaign, Sarah Palin, and more recently, his support of Cheeto's Cabinet picks.  ( I don't understand McCain's thinking at all, especially considering what the draft-dodging Cheeto said about preferring people who "don't get captured.")

I believe Michael Flynn was in deep with the Russians, perhaps doing counter-intelligence for them, and I don't believe that he is the only one.  I think Trump is in up to his neck and I think he has done a lot more damage to our country than Bill Clinton ever did with a WH intern! If we had a Democrat majority in the Senate or some Republicans with integrity, I think we would be looking at impeachment proceedings very soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wanted to keep Pence in the dark about some stuff because he's a stupid, petty man with a huge, vulnerable ego, and I think he might see Pence as a rival of sorts. It's not that Pence is any less of a bigot and liar but he can phrase things more politically, and I bet he shakes his head in desperation at Trump sometimes. Pence has more experience with how things work in the world of governing and I think if Pence ran for president he'd have had an easier time during the campaign, more support from his own party. So I imagine it's not an easy friendship and collaboration with them. 

But then again, it beggars belief that Pence could have been in the dark when everybody else knew... Doesn't he attend briefings? Doesn't he read the news? Didn't he attend the campaign? Everyone knew about Flynn's Russia ties. 

Anyway according to this story he's pulled the same I-read-it-in-the-news prank before. 

http://www.shakesville.com/2017/02/dont-buy-mike-pences-innocent-act.html

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mike-pence-just-in-knowledge

It is hard to believe that after all the shit that has come out over the last week and knowing that Trump's aides have been communicating before the election with Russia, Trump's approval rating with republicans still remains high. Whoever thought is our lifetime that we would see conservatives in the U.S. basically be pro-Kremlin? 

We are like 26 days into this and I am already exhausted. Make it stop! 

55 minutes ago, AuntK said:

Are there ANY Republicans left that actually care about their country and are willing to put the good of the country above party loyalty?

This is what I truly want to know.  At this point, I even hate to term it the Republican party, because it's unlike anything I've ever witnessed. 

So, if anyone here does know a decent, honorable Republican, please let me know and I will send her/him my condolences.  I'm sure there are still a few, but they are probably cowering in fear until things calm down (if they ever do).  My latest strategy is to encourage moderation in all things (hmmm, sounds like an old saying).

On a brighter note, the local post offices have sold out all or most of their postcards, so good job to those who are faithfully "postcarding" their representatives.  I've gone through my initial stack and was able to buy more in the next town over. 

Well, @Meccait looks like maybe, just maybe, you might get your wish:

Senate Republicans push for answers on Trump team's Russia ties

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-idUSKBN15U1IK?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Senator Bob Corker:

Senior Republicans issued their boldest challenge yet to U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday, promising to get to the bottom of the relationship between his aides and Russia, and calling for ousted national security adviser Michael Flynn to testify before Congress.

Trump, facing a deepening crisis less than a month into his presidency, sought to focus the attention on what he called criminal intelligence leaks, calling Flynn a "wonderful man" who had been unfairly treated by the media.

Senator Bob Corker, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and other senators in Trump's party pushed for more information as the White House becomes engulfed by questions about contacts between Trump's team and Russia.

Senator Lindsey Graham:

Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, a prominent Republican voice on foreign policy who has been a Trump critic, called for a broader bipartisan congressional investigation, to be conducted by a special committee, if it turns out that Trump's presidential campaign communicated with the Russians.

"If it is true, it is very, very disturbing to me. And Russia needs to pay a price when it comes to interfering in our democracy and other democracies, and any Trump person who was working with the Russians in an unacceptable way also needs to pay a price," Graham told ABC's "Good Morning America."

However:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan both dismissed the need for the creation of a special committee to look into the matter but promised the Republican-led Congress would move ahead in existing committees.

But:

House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi called on the FBI to expedite an investigation into the financial, personal and political ties of Trump and members of his administration to the Russians.

Maybe there's some hope to glean from this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath though.

16 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

This is what I truly want to know.  At this point, I even hate to term it the Republican party, because it's unlike anything I've ever witnessed. 

So, if anyone here does know a decent, honorable Republican, please let me know and I will send her/him my condolences.  I'm sure there are still a few, but they are probably cowering in fear until things calm down (if they ever do).  My latest strategy is to encourage moderation in all things (hmmm, sounds like an old saying).

On a brighter note, the local post offices have sold out all or most of their postcards, so good job to those who are faithfully "postcarding" their representatives.  I've gone through my initial stack and was able to buy more in the next town over. 

Yeah, if anyone finds any decent, honorable Republicans please let me know.  It seems like the last decent one around here was Jim Leach.

I used to think Grassley was one, but seeing how he pretty much marches in lock step with the GOP no matter what not any more. 

18 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Well, @Meccait looks like maybe, just maybe, you might get your wish:

Senate Republicans push for answers on Trump team's Russia ties

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-idUSKBN15U1IK?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Senator Bob Corker:

Senator Lindsey Graham:

However:

But:

Maybe there's some hope to glean from this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath though.

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath.  Mitch McFuckstick and Eddie Munster...excuse me, I meant Paul Ryan never put America first.

42 minutes ago, Mecca said:

We are like 26 days into this and I am already exhausted. Make it stop! 

Quote of the week on SNL was from the People's Court judge: "I just want one day without a CNN alert that scares the crap out of me".

I felt that line spoke for the whole country. 

The wingnuts are mad at McCain just for the little bit of speaking out he has done particularly on the issue of torture. My mother's crazy ass cousin has been posting crap about how the GOP needs to get rid of him. 

In breaking news: Puzder withdrew from his nomination for Labor. 

A small victory. 

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Yes, I can see this happening. Either he'll flounce on his own or they'll impeach them in favor of Pence.

1 hour ago, AuntK said:

Are there ANY Republicans left that actually care about their country and are willing to put the good of the country above party loyalty? I used to think John McCain was a decent man, served his country, a POW, and all that, then came his presidential campaign, Sarah Palin, and more recently, his support of Cheeto's Cabinet picks.  ( I don't understand McCain's thinking at all, especially considering what the draft-dodging Cheeto said about preferring people who "don't get captured.")

Short answer: it doesn't seem so. I lost my respect for McCain when he endorsed Agent Orange even after Lord Dampnut did nothing but fling poop at McCain.

I'm SO happy about Puzder. Let's hope someone less repellent is the next nominee.

I work all day, and then log into FJ to find yet another shit storm caused by the orange Mussolini.  He is the reason why we can't have nice things.

Rep. Gwen Graham (D-Fla) posted a photo of herself greeting Senator Bob Dole a while back along with his comment, "You know when your Dad, (former Sen. Bob Graham), and I were in the Senate years ago, we worked together, we weren't Democrats and Republicans, we were friends." 

You don't see that any more. . .

And may I add, Mitch McConnell is an asshole of gargantuan proportions and that is the nicest thing I can say about him.

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived