IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 3: Shifting Blame and Escape Rooms

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

For a moment there ... I had to wonder if Jeremy could have been on the horizon for Jana (at least in Ben's eyes) ... he said "one of Jessa's sisters" -- and Joy would have been too young.

That's what I think too.

48 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

So they're casually inserting Pastor Caldwell into the show, eh? Countdown to courtship announcement...

Ooooh what am I missing here? Who is he for and where has this been discussed? (Jana???)

3 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Ooooh what am I missing here? Who is he for and where has this been discussed? (Jana???)

He's got a few young daughters (I think the oldest is about 17), and one of them keeps popping up next to Joseph in pictures.

I really can't stand the way all of them say "whenever" when they actually mean to say "when". SOTDRT education at its finest...

It's illegal to take a deer you've hit unless you have a tag. Jinger is a CRIMINAL.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

He's got a few young daughters (I think the oldest is about 17), and one of them keeps popping up next to Joseph in pictures.

Got it. Darn....my heart perked up there a little bit for Jana.

14 minutes ago, nst said:

that was beyond boring.  The only thing entertaining was Derick's impression of Jinger and jessa actual admitting she has been crying 

Agree that Jessa's admission was interesting, but I found Derick's impression of Jinger horrifying.  What a face. :pb_surprised:

Just now, Bugaboo said:

I really can't stand the way all of them say "whenever" when they actually mean to say "when". SOTDRT education at its finest...

That's just a regional quirk. They all say it, including Derick, who went to university. 

Just now, Dandruff said:

Agree that Jessa's admission was interesting, but I found Derick's impression of Jinger horrifying.  What a face. :pb_surprised:

not only do we need a meeme of that - I think that was the most honest we have seen both Jessa and Jinger. 

I was glad we saw such raw honesty to a degree 

3 minutes ago, snickerz said:

It's illegal to take a deer you've hit unless you have a tag. Jinger is a CRIMINAL.

Did she say she didn't get a tag...? I hope she didn't and she's a renegade. Fugitive Jinger, fleeing across state lines with her contraband deer head.

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Seeing again Derick before surgery is jarring to me. He was nice looking. 

Can someone do a split screen before and after? I am tech challenged and would like to see the difference side by side instead of trying to flip back and forth.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

That's just a regional quirk. They all say it, including Derick, who went to university. 

Yes... I think we discussed this on here a couple of times before... my nieces in Houston do this, too, and they go to public high school and their parents have grad degrees from real universities ;-).  

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

I had to read this several times. Who buys clothes to sell at a yard sale. Wut.

I can't believe I'm defending them on this :my_blush: but...people buying stuff at other yard/garage/flea sales (and if we had more in my area, I'm sure at thrift and secondhand stores) to sell at others is definitely something I've seen.

Although in their case it's probably more because they knew their 'celebrity' status and cameras would get a lot of buying traffic or lookie loos and/or people willing to pay more because it was supposedly their stuff, I'm not shocked they did it.

But it's definitely something I've seen done with regularity where I live in CA, at least, particularly among groups who frequent and/or try to make a consistent supplemental income doing yard/garage/flea sales.

In fact, you see people pull up in minivans or big trucks toward the end of yard sales to buy basically everything that's left and/or hitting up community type yard/garage sales and trying to kind of 'group offer' up money to the people who don't have much out to sell and/or look unenthusiastic knowing they'll get overlooked anyway, and offer to buy it all so they can just end their 'day' selling.

Then those people turn around and dump all their stuff at their own yard/garage sale or to sell on the flea market/swap meet circuit. So at least common here among the die hards and certain populations who use it as a real income source.

The 'less committed' but still more than the once every few year or so types seem to tend to do what it sounds like the Duggars did and go out and seek out things to 'supplement' what might be lacking in their own sale that might either be a draw and/or round things out.

One time years ago we had a garage sale, had people come around and basically get in a bidding war to 'clean us out' at the end - which, we were going to just donate or dump the stuff at that point, so why not?

A few years later when I started periodically frequenting a few larger swap meets and flea markets that shopkeepers from DTLA basically sell their unsold fabrics at for next to I saw the same bunch of folks that ended up taking the stuff clearly STILL making some degree of their living doing so, as they were at a flea market with tables of clearly a hodge podge of stuff others had been selling or giving away somewhere. I've seen them a few other times at multiple large swap meets in CA the same so I guess it must be working for them to some degree! :pb_lol:

Not my deal at all, but...it must be sort of effective if you do it right if that many here (at least) do it?

50 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yep, I've heard it from other actually educated southern folks. But yes, it also drives me bananas.

I felt really bad for the brother who had to drive 12 hrs cramped in that tiny back seat. What a good sport.  Oh goodness, they showed Joe at the alert camp in the uniform. Reminds me of the Sea Org in Scientology. 

If Jinger did any kind of damage to the car she would have had to file a police report.  The standard question here is "Do you want it?"  If the answer is yes they tag the deer for you if the answer is no then they call someone on the list that will come pick up the deer.

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

If I hit a deer I'd be in tears and the memory would make me shudder. Definitely wouldn't want a memento over my bed

I hit a bird a couple years ago. Yes really, it must not have been the sharpest twig in the nest and it just...flew into my windshield on the highway. To this day if I see birds up ahead I'll yell "MOVE BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!! FLY!!!" 

I can't imagine mounting my own roadkill! However, as others have said, it does make her kinda badass. It's a serious quirk, and in Duggarville that's an accomplishment! So I guess you do you, Jinger...roll on with your Rufus-filled badass life. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Did she say she didn't get a tag...? I hope she didn't and she's a renegade. Fugitive Jinger, fleeing across state lines with her contraband deer head.

Hahahaha this gave me a good laugh. Still, running over a deer  and keeping a trophy of it's head is the kind of weirdly random act that only a young person does. It's kind of hilarious. And Rufus is the perfect name. So maybe Jinger has some adventure and off the wall quirkiness still inside her somewhere. Hopefully Jeremy has a good sense of her brand of humour and life might be fun, if possible, within the straightjacket of fundamentalism.

I don't want to be in that guestroom. 

Cobbled stream of consciousness post to follow. 

Oh, HAI Pastor Caldwell. I hear you have a daughter that's been spotted with Joe Duggar A LOT over the past few months. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the name announcement, it was interesting that TLC broke from their own video, dubbed in the name, then went back to the original TLC video. 

Duggars prove yet again that they can't maintain cars with computers. FIrst, Pastor Caldwell, then the failure to reset a sensor. I hope their car breaks down posthaste, just out of spite of the fake Duggar "mechanics."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding planner: "How are you?"

Jinger: "Gooooood!"

Jeremy: "Doing very well." 

SOTDRT strikes again. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinger, your mention of Jeremy's grad school was sketchy. You don't get a finance degree in the one year that he was at Syaracuse. As a fellow grad school dropout, I sniffed that one out immediately. 

Apologies for the stream of consciousness commentary. Like Jinger, I am a chronic eye roller, and eyes were rolled a lot tonight.

Where I live if someone hits a deer, there are people who will take it and make meat out of it. It has to be fresh roadkill.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived