IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 3: Shifting Blame and Escape Rooms

choralcrusader8613

If I can scrape one positive from this episode it is that Derrick talked about Israel going to OSU and being Pistol Pete. Pressure on the kid, BUT a chance to go to college and meet people outside Duggardom none the less.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, danni9242 said:

If I can scrape one positive from this episode it is that Derrick talked about Israel going to OSU and being Pistol Pete. Pressure on the kid, BUT a chance to go to college and meet people outside Duggardom none the less.

A lot of people are saying with Jill homeschooling him, he won't have a chance of getting into college. Have they ever actually said they'll homeschool him, though? Derick went to school (I think). Maybe he'll see Jill's lack of teaching ability and decide to send their kids to school. 

Also, we know Arkansas had relaxed homeschooling rules, but what about Texas for Jinger's future children?

12 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

A lot of people are saying with Jill homeschooling him, he won't have a chance of getting into college. Have they ever actually said they'll homeschool him, though? Derick went to school (I think). Maybe he'll see Jill's lack of teaching ability and decide to send their kids to school. 

Also, we know Arkansas had relaxed homeschooling rules, but what about Texas for Jinger's future children?

You never know. Sometimes legacy and fame are enough to get you in.. (brings the school money).

11 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

My kids are 2 and under, so I don't have experience with it yet, but can you imagine Jill taking her kids to school? I know it can hurt patents as bad as the kids, being away from each other for school/ daycare. I can see her being the kind of mom that pulls them out of school for lunch, the way she had to have lunch with Derrick when he was still with Walmart. We know she probably wants to have a million kids anyway, but I imagine she would have even more incentive to have them just to never be alone.

9 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

You never know. Sometimes legacy and fame are enough to get you in.. (brings the school money).

But getting below a 2.0 I'm sure will get you kicked out. 

23 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I can't imagine Jill letting Izzy go to school. She has been told that public school is evil, I can't imagine her backing down on that. Plus Jill is clingy...I'm not sure. I can't see it happening.

Derick isn't smart enough to realize  how incapable Jill is of teaching. Izzy going to OSU is probably a pipe dream. At best when the kid is older he'll try to use his "Duggar connections" to get him to be Pistol Pete for a day or something like that. 

Someone in the latest Jill Rodrigues thread was talking about homeschooling in TX.  Evidently, it's one of the most lax states with regards to homeschooling, and there is little to no oversight of homeschooling families nor redress for educational neglect.  I hope that JinJer, being more "urban" than most fundies, will place some value on education...but if not, the state of Texas will not force it.

7 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Someone in the latest Jill Rodrigues thread was talking about homeschooling in TX.  Evidently, it's one of the most lax states with regards to homeschooling, and there is little to no oversight of homeschooling families nor redress for educational neglect.  I hope that JinJer, being more "urban" than most fundies, will place some value on education...but if not, the state of Texas will not force it.

I can't see Baaaabe letting Jinger homeschool. I think he knows the value of allowing children to socialize outside of their own family. They might go to some private Christian school, but I can't see them homeschooling their kids. At most, I think Jinger will run Sunday school or something.

1 hour ago, NakedKnees said:

George Clooney and Beyonce both announcing twins the same week Duggar Babywatch 2k17 1.0?? Oh the schaudenfreude; be still my beating heart :my_smile: Yay for blessings for the worldly.

To be honest, I wonder if Jill and Jessa would even recognize George Clooney? Beyonce seems to be a frequent target for "What is the world coming to?!?!" talk from extreme right wingers, but George less so. Although I'm sure they do a lot of flipping through People, consciously or otherwise.

And Amal did the right thing and changed her name to her headship's name, even if she sadly denies her god-given role out of the public sphere :my_shy:

we would then be treated to another question by the producer "Do you know Beyonce is"? then we would get blank stares 

I Don't need to see that...We know they don't know or care who they are- I don't need Jessa to tell me or for one of the twins to say something really stupid 

9 minutes ago, nst said:

I am assuming this is a joke right 

and JB and Michelle just posted a happy birthday to their adopted son 

calling themselves uncle and aunt 

They are his uncle and aunt. He's Michelle's niece's son. They just have legal guardianship over him.

Just watched the episode.  Impressive set of THs, especially after the escape room.  Loved how Jinger was discussing things they'd learned, like to listen to what people were saying, when someone has an idea, hear them out...then Jeremy interrupts to say, "Listening before speaking.  That's helpful." :2wankers:  Then they smile and nod at one another. 

It looks like Jinger is going from one alpha (Jessa) to follow another (Jeremy).  

It was interesting to see Jessa say that her family had a "personal conviction" to neither dance nor drink.  So odd, as I always thought "personal" referred to one person.

Jill certainly seems to prefer to follow, so maybe that will work out for Jinger, too.  Though I must say, when they were guessing the sex of Jessa and Ben's 2.0, Jill certainly seemed odd.  She mentioned wanting to guess whatever Derick guessed, since he was always right and she was always wrong.  That woman's light is certainly dimmer than it used to be.  

And she gave Izzy "tomato juice" from a straw out of a can?!  What is wrong with that woman? Does Derick see nothing wrong with this?  He walked right by as she was doing this. Clearly it's a common occurrence. Who serves food out of cans? 

This is their best attempt at normalizing those two zealots?  Jill saying she's looking forward to being "Mrs. Pete"?  At least they let Izzy dance without beating him. 

The one breath of slightly fresh air was seeing that Jeremy has a more diverse group of friends than we normally see.  

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I can't imagine Jill letting Izzy go to school. She has been told that public school is evil, I can't imagine her backing down on that. Plus Jill is clingy...I'm not sure. I can't see it happening.

But on the other hand Jillymuffin is a good and obedient little wife who does what Derrick says. She clearly hates CA but he clearly wants to go back and she will follow.

Jill will be crap, but with enough kids Derrick may step in and teach them something OR like the Duggars they might get someone in to help' (ie do the schooling) and Derrick might have the sense at least to get someone with a brain if he doesn't enforce school. In CA he could say the kids need to integrate/make friends and score Jill a classroom help spot if she's only going to be pregnant every 1.5-2 years.

I can hope, can't I? There's got to be some glimmer of hope for this generation?

Also agree on Baaaaabe and school. The fact they've not announced a pregnancy yet gives me hope they will NOT have a cartload of kids one after the other and that they might have a 'normal' family life in comparison to the Duggars. Being 11.5hrs away might be just what they need.

Jessa is my bet to be the one just like the Duggars back in the day squeezing a dozen and more kids into a too small house doing 'school' around the table. If the Dillards head back to CA long enough she might score a house upgrade from Daddy if she's preggo again by the end of the year.

I wish Jana didn't get stuck babysitting for the escape room. I feel like she would have been the best at that.

4 minutes ago, danni9242 said:

Also agree on Baaaaabe and school. The fact they've not announced a pregnancy yet gives me hope they will NOT have a cartload of kids one after the other and that they might have a 'normal' family life in comparison to the Duggars. Being 11.5hrs away might be just what they need.

You're talking about Jinger and Jeremy, right? They've only been married for three months. Most people don't get pregnant on the honeymoon and then announce it three seconds later like Jill. Give it time.

5 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I wish Jana didn't get stuck babysitting for the escape room. I feel like she would have been the best at that.

I feel like Jana would have told them not to try and take the hinges off. She seems like she has sense. 

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

You're talking about Jinger and Jeremy, right? They've only been married for three months. Most people don't get pregnant on the honeymoon and then announce it three seconds later like Jill. Give it time.

I guess so, it's just when it comes to the Duggars not being pregnant three months in feels like an achievement, it really does. 

1 hour ago, BadMammaJana said:

I can't see Baaaabe letting Jinger homeschool. I think he knows the value of allowing children to socialize outside of their own family. They might go to some private Christian school, but I can't see them homeschooling their kids. At most, I think Jinger will run Sunday school or something.

Jeremy was homeschooled for most of his school years, only going to public school last year or two to play Soccer. He started drinking then. He may think there's too much temptation outside the home.  

I'm pro

3 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Jeremy was homeschooled for most of his school years, only going to public school last year or two to play Soccer. He started drinking then. He may think there's too much temptation outside the home.  

Ok, I thought he'd done the whole of high school. Damn it, hopes dashed. Sigh. 

16 minutes ago, danni9242 said:

I guess so, it's just when it comes to the Duggars not being pregnant three months in feels like an achievement, it really does. 

Jill is the only Duggar so far who's gotten pregnant faster than that. It took Anna and Jessa both about three months to conceive, and neither of them announced right away.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Jill is the only Duggar so far who's gotten pregnant faster than that. It took Anna and Jessa both about three months to conceive, and neither of them announced right away.

I think they've gone on about it so long their wedding feels like much longer ago. They'll probably announce this month and I'll give up trying to hope entirely ;)

According to Anna, she conceived in her 4th month of marriage.

Jessa conceived in February, so 3 months after marriage.

It's not as if any Duggar has gone a year post marriage, childfree-

Pretty quickly for each. Jinger has been married 3 months-I'd expect the announcement in the Spring.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived