IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 3: Shifting Blame and Escape Rooms

choralcrusader8613

On 2/8/2017 at 3:48 PM, Feministe9000 said:

http://wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/156986731365/i-kept-trying-to-figure-out-why-jessa-seemed-so

I'm crying laughing, Jessa laughing looks like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons!!

Seriously, this blogger has a great sense of humor, i love their screen caps and descriptions!!

Oh my goodness, thanks for the link, absolutely hilarious and informative since I didn't watch 19KAC. Wow, Jana really has been in charge of basically everything, for a really long time. My daughter is 24 and I would never ask her to give up her hopes and dreams like that. 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

Oh my goodness, thanks for the link, absolutely hilarious and informative since I didn't watch 19KAC. Wow, Jana really has been in charge of basically everything, for a really long time. My daughter is 24 and I would never ask her to give up her hopes and dreams like that. 

I think that is what happens in Fundie families they force their children (sons & daughters) to give up any hope having a normal life. 

Jessa and Ben can delay releasing the name until Monday's show if they want, but I don't know how much it would help ratings.  Anyone who can't watch the show, or can't stand watching the show, can just check the Internet a minute after the show ends.

It occurred to me that baby naming may be one of few things they can hold over everyone, including their parents and other "authorities".  So if they're screwing with people, we might not be the primary target.

Escape rooms are popular on reality shows, aren't they? I watch the Real Housewives shows and two separate series had the women going to an escape room.

Did Jill or Anna ever hold back baby names this long after birth?

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Jessa and Ben can delay releasing the name until Monday's show if they want, but I don't know how much it would help ratings.  Anyone who can't watch the show, or can't stand watching the show, can just check the Internet a minute after the show ends.

It occurred to me that baby naming may be one of few things they can hold over everyone, including their parents and other "authorities".  So if they're screwing with people, we might not be the primary target.

I think its directed at JB & the airhead or Jill, although we are slightly curious we truly dont care that much what you name it. Speaking of Michelle, has she lost her mind altogether? You dont see her much but now i have it stood out! Her interactions on the engagement ep (we are in Australia) with Jing and Jessa were just plain weird and neither of them really even respond. Its like, smile and nod when Mom talks. What sad mother daughter relationships she has with them. Makes me grateful for my overbearing interfering supportive loving mum!

I don't see the point of delaying the name. How many people are really dying to know the baby's name?  With the news out that George Clooney is having twins, how can any Duggar compete with that level of baby interest. George having a baby is top news because it is so rare. A Duggar having a baby is just an ordinary Tuesday. 

I really like Spud with his long curls. I'm glad Jessa hasn't cut his hair short yet. He looks so much like her.

On 9.2.2017 at 3:41 AM, Ampak said:

It's going to tank the show if they don't start showing things closer to real-time.

I think it's already tanked?

5 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don't see the point of delaying the name. How many people are really dying to know the baby's name?  With the news out that George Clooney is having twins, how can any Duggar compete with that level of baby interest. George having a baby is top news because it is so rare. A Duggar having a baby is just an ordinary Tuesday. 

George and Amal Clooney are having twins?  Wow, i totally did not know. Well i should step out of the rabbit hole and get some real news. Duggar news ain't news any longer. More re-news.

Ha! So the educated woman who has an own job and career and is really doing good things instead of talking about it and has a husband who said that he "upmarried" with marrying her is having twins. While Jessa only can talk about it without having them. Good catch goddess of feminism. 

4 hours ago, Scrabblemaster said:

George and Amal Clooney are having twins?  Wow, i totally did not know. Well i should step out of the rabbit hole and get some real news. Duggar news ain't news any longer. More re-news.

If this is true, I think Beyonce overshadowed them

15 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

If this is true, I think Beyonce overshadowed them

That's new for me too. Don't kow why but star news somehow don't make it my mental inbox these days. Last week i was so distracted that i thought it was october. And i was absolutely sure i was right. Although i had tulips and daffodils on my desk. 

It's true, Matt Damon confirmed it.  And I'm posting this because I love what he said to George:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38926056

"Explaining how Clooney revealed the news, Damon said: "I was working with him last fall and he pulled me aside on set and I almost started crying.

"I was so happy for him. And I was like, 'How far along is she?' And he goes, 'Eight weeks'.

"I said, 'Are you out of your mind? Don't tell anybody else! Don't you know the 12-week rule?' Of course he doesn't. I was like, 'just shut up, man'."

35 minutes ago, JMO said:

It's true, Matt Damon confirmed it.  And I'm posting this because I love what he said to George:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38926056

"Explaining how Clooney revealed the news, Damon said: "I was working with him last fall and he pulled me aside on set and I almost started crying.

"I was so happy for him. And I was like, 'How far along is she?' And he goes, 'Eight weeks'.

"I said, 'Are you out of your mind? Don't tell anybody else! Don't you know the 12-week rule?' Of course he doesn't. I was like, 'just shut up, man'."

Awww, this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :tw_blush:

On 2/9/2017 at 0:08 AM, VeganCupcake said:

I have no clue why they rehash things SO many times. Like how they air video clips that were posted online months ago. And the "coming up next " previews reveal so much, I feel like I've seen every scene 5 times. TLC is just a really unskilled network. Or maybe most of their viewers really do enjoy that much repetition? 

I know! It's so annoying. It happens with most of these types of shows though. Why do they do that?  There is no suspense there, don't try to build it. This is not Jane the Virgin (still trying to process what happened this last episode - well, not really what happened, but how and when. any Jane fans out there?). Not only are these storylines uninteresting per se, they are also so far behind it is borderline disrespectful to viewers.

Bottomline is these people are not interesting. At all. When the show first started it was appealing to watch how this gigantic family functioned. But it is not entertaining to see a couple (comprised of people who are not particularly witty nor charismatic) settling into married life and starting a family. I am married. I just had a visit with my doctor to address some issues as my husband and I are planning on TTC in the next year or two. I recently moved to a new apartment. My husband just started taking golf classes. Should I have my own reality tv show? NO, BECAUSE NO ONE GIVES A CRAP.

The only reason we watch the show is because we know the backstory. My "interest" in the Duggars has more to do with FreeJinger itself that with them. They are boring. We are interesting :my_biggrin:. They are just the catalyst to conversation. 

My two cents on why this show is so boring: they seem to be doing some heavy back peddling from the whole freak show thing. But the duggars are a freak show, so there's not much left to show. So they have to make stuff up. But as @amandabrntt pointed out the list of things Boob lets them do is really limited. 

35 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

This is not Jane the Virgin (still trying to process what happened this last episode - well, not really what happened, but how and when. any Jane fans out there?).

Oh please, tell me you're just as mad as i am. I knew it was coming and all, and i like the direction the writers are taking, but that was just too hurtful. And way too soon after what happened in the finale of season 2

1 minute ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Oh please, tell me you're just as mad as i am. I knew it was coming and all, and i like the direction the writers are taking, but that was just too hurtful. And way too soon after what happened in the finale of season 2

I wasn't even team Michael (nor team Rafael -more of a #team Rogelio and #teamNarrator kind of person, seeking more laughs than romance these days), but that was harsh!!!!! I am so curious about the direction the show will go now. 

13 hours ago, socalrules said:

don't forget about Beyonce!

20 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

My two cents on why this show is so boring: they seem to be doing some heavy back peddling from the whole freak show thing. But the duggars are a freak show, so there's not much left to show. So they have to make stuff up. But as @amandabrntt pointed out the list of things Boob lets them do is really limited. 

THey should stop back-pedaling, because that was part of the reason to watch!

52 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Does anyone else read the Babylon Bee? It's like The Onion for Christianity. Today they've got an article about a new (fake, obviously) TLC show, "The Duggars: Last Kid Standing."

http://babylonbee.com/news/duggar-family-kick-one-kid-week-cutthroat-reality-show/

Would have been better if they had a bit of snark!

Each episode is rumored to feature a dramatic voting-off ceremony at the end of the program, wherein one Duggar child will find himself—or herself—kicked to the curb with nothing but a suitcase full of clothes and a bus ticket.

Kind of like the "leave and cleave" bullshit we heard during joshly's engagement... each kid should get a house and a car but the BIGGEST house and car goes to the last kid standing, which will clearly be Jillymuffin

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Would have been better if they had a bit of snark!

Kind of like the "leave and cleave" bullshit we heard during joshly's engagement... each kid should get a house and a car but the BIGGEST house and car goes to the last kid standing, which will clearly be Jillymuffin

I don't know, Precious Miracle Josie might give Jill a run for her money.  Jill is JB's favorite, but Josie is the only child Michelle remembers she has.  I think JB would give in to his wife and kick Jilly to the curb so that Michelle doesn't have a breakdown from losing her Last Baby.

George Clooney and Beyonce both announcing twins the same week Duggar Babywatch 2k17 1.0?? Oh the schaudenfreude; be still my beating heart :my_smile: Yay for blessings for the worldly.

To be honest, I wonder if Jill and Jessa would even recognize George Clooney? Beyonce seems to be a frequent target for "What is the world coming to?!?!" talk from extreme right wingers, but George less so. Although I'm sure they do a lot of flipping through People, consciously or otherwise.

And Amal did the right thing and changed her name to her headship's name, even if she sadly denies her god-given role out of the public sphere :my_shy:

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived