IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 3: Shifting Blame and Escape Rooms

choralcrusader8613

14 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I've always wanted a nice deer antler to use for the handle of an egg or other basket.

I have looked and looked on our property for any sort of shed antlers.  We see a fair amount of deer yet.... I have never found any antlers around.

Ancient uncle found a cattle jaw in the grove a few years back, but that is not really the look I was going for....

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to the troll, the writing was too good for Jessa.  But some humper decided to wade in and set us straight.  @ChickenettiLuvr, hope you are feeling better.  This time of year is awful, everyone is sick.  

As for the antler pile,  if they have accumulated it over 30 or so years of hunting then they can hit that amount.  If they are eating the meat, which I assume they are, I don't have a problem with it.  It's actually quite a piece of art.  

I like that Rufus went to Texas.  She should have kept the flowers.  It was a nice touch.  

On 14 februari 2017 at 10:20 PM, Gillyweed said:

At my college orientation, a bird flew into the window while I was sleeping. I was on the 3rd floor. 

When I still lived at home with my parents, birds used to crash into the window (1st floor) on a regular basis. Some survived, some didn't. Some bounced against it several times :( I guess they don't see that there's a window? Oddly enough, I got used to hear birds against the window. 

That bird window thing always bums me out. They're always crashing here especially in the spring and summer. It doesn't matter if you don't clean the windows either. Bang!

It actually struck me that all the tributes to Jinger were much more genuine than they have been for the other sisters when they left. She seems universally popular with the boys (and Ben!) as well as the girls, like she will be missed for herself rather than just the housework that she does. Even the bit where the boys were making fun of her saying “amazing” all the time seemed really natural for a sibling relationship and much less forced than is usual for them. Just my take on it.

I got so irritated listening to Jeremy ordering Jed around as they unload the car after the 17 hour trip. He was the same with Ben and co when they bought furniture for the apartment, giving orders right left and centre. These people are doing him a favour, carrying his heavy stuff for his home, and he is giving orders? Such an entitled and condescending attitude. Can you tell I'm not a fan, lol? I don't see any trace of that attitude towards Jinger though, which is great.

I get the sense that Jill treated her siblings like she was their mother, Jessa like she was their drill sergeant, whereas they talk about Jinger like they had a more normal sibling/peer relationship with her.

1 hour ago, Jilli said:

That bird window thing always bums me out. They're always crashing here especially in the spring and summer. It doesn't matter if you don't clean the windows either. Bang!

I have my bird feeders set up three feet from a very large window. They slow down for the food and no longer hit the window. And it's nice to watch in mornings.

3 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I have my bird feeders set up three feet from a very large window. They slow down for the food and no longer hit the window. And it's nice to watch in mornings.

I never thought of that. That's a great idea.

Thanks for the well wishes. They're needed greatly. 

I cannot kick this crud. Fever still lingers.  Probably getting sprung tomorrow as I'm out of insurance days.

Voodoo, witch doctors, Rufus, antlers, crystals, essential oils, magic drinks -- I'm willing to try ANYTHING. Because regular medicine sure ain't cuttin' it.

Big hugs to you Chickenettiluvr. Hope you can rest and relax at home if you do get released tomorrow. You will probably sleep better in your own bed. Hospital is not usually a good place to catch up on healing sleep. 

Hope Nurse Rachit has been off duty?

19 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I cannot kick this crud. Fever still lingers.  Probably getting sprung tomorrow as I'm out of insurance days.

Voodoo, witch doctors, Rufus, antlers, crystals, essential oils, magic drinks -- I'm willing to try ANYTHING. Because regular medicine sure ain't cuttin' it.

Rufus has heard your supplication, human child.

holydeer.jpg

(Google image search is a terrible and wonderful place)

24 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

have your tried eating a lemon with pepper or drinking elm bark and enhale tee tree oil in hot water helps the breathing 

two things I did when I had pneumonia 

47 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

It's official counting on has made Chickenetti sick.  We must do something about this.  TLC are you reading what you are doin? 

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Vaporub on the bottom of the feet, with thick socks. Garlic pills. Elderberry.

I don't get garden variety colds anymore since I started eating elderberry jam, that seems to help keep them away...I've been experimenting with black currant tea lately, a friend swears by it for the same reason...it's tasty stuff, but strong, so I make a pot with a bag of it and another bag of plain old black tea (or Irish breakfast, if I need major caffeine)

Thank you all for the ideas. Will start them one by one once sprung.  Antler blood & magic potions are frowned upon in here.  

I'm completely bruised from moving IVs so many times. I look like a horror flick.

11 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@goldengrove elderberry jam eh? That sounds interesting.

yup, a friend in TX makes it and sends some up to me every fall, and I usually just eat little bites whenever I think to do it...she grew up in new england somewhere, refuses to give up the recipe to anyone (like I'd know how to make jam ^_^) until she is dead....her kids will get it then, part of the estate (most of it actually, bless her heart)...she does get the berries through a farmer's market guy every year (some of the payment in jam), that's all I know for sure.

@nst - infectious disease says it started as influenza a and took a sharp right turn to some weird pneumonia resistant to the usual suspects. 

They're out of ideas. More importantly, I'm out of insurance days and they're ready to burn my room.

At first they said pneumococcal pneumonia that's in the vaccine commercials but they backtracked. I've honestly been too sick to keep track of info or ask intelligent questions. I've been sick since the 1st. Hospitalized since the 8th. In ICU twice. Dr. Google wasn't terribly helpful to any of us.

I miss my puppy and my bed. But soon I'll be responsible for my own broth and jello and juice boxes. Too much pressure. 

I don't know chickenettiluvr's policy, but usually what happens is the insurance will approve x days for y illness or surgery.  If the doctors think you need longer, then the hospital has to go back to the insurance company and justify it.  At some point the insurance company says you've recovered enough to go home and won't authorize any more days.

Tumeric is also a great all around. Reduces inflammation, boosts the immune system. Pepper mixed into a tablespoon of honey for soothing cough. 

4 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Thank you all for the ideas. Will start them one by one once sprung.  Antler blood & magic potions are frowned upon in here.  

I'm completely bruised from moving IVs so many times. I look like a horror flick.

Get the biggest glass of orange juice you can handle with a straw (very important!) and drink that sucker down in one go. Don't stop until it's all gone. I don't know why, but my grandmother swears by it and it WORKS.

3 hours ago, Meridae said:

Get the biggest glass of orange juice you can handle with a straw (very important!) and drink that sucker down in one go. Don't stop until it's all gone. I don't know why, but my grandmother swears by it and it WORKS.

Ha! Worth a try, right? :-)

Along that vein, I was going to suggest high dose vitamin C  @ChickenettiLuvr. I mean high dose. There's quite a bit of info online about it and it worked wonders for someone I know personally. 

Also, olive leaf extract is helpful for lung issues. I had pneumonia four times as a child si illnesses always tend to settle in my lungs. Olive leaf extract has helped me. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived