IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 3: Shifting Blame and Escape Rooms

choralcrusader8613

Watching the newest episode I was just thinking how much stuff Jeremy got out of this marriage already. All the furniture for his apartment and the decoration, a freakin' car etc. Man the Duggars are very generous.

Also: There is so much decoration going on in this apartment. It will be a lot of work cleaning everything from dust, plus is will look untidy and cluttery immideately if there is just one cup left on the table or in the kitchen. 70 % of the decoration needs to go, just my opinion.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Watching the newest episode I was just thinking how much stuff Jeremy got out of this marriage already. All the furniture for his apartment and the decoration, a freakin' car etc. Man the Duggars are very generous.

Also: There is so much decoration going on in this apartment. It will be a lot of work cleaning everything from dust, plus is will look untidy and cluttery immideately if there is just one cup left on the table or in the kitchen. 70 % of the decoration needs to go, just my opinion.

I really detest that over-decorated, Pinterest-vomit look. It doesn't look "shabby country chic"; it just looks like you walked into Michaels and said "I'll take the lot".

5 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Those aren't bones in the pile in the yard; they're antlers. (Probably deer, elk, and moose?) Since the males naturally shed their antlers every year, that pile may not actually mean they killed even one animal to make it. The mounted heads, skulls, and skins in the bottom picture are a different story, of course. :pb_neutral:

Thanks! That's good to know. Clearly I'm not a hunter or familiar with animal anatomy. It creeped me out when I saw it though! The video I remember from way back of this house was insane, every wall covered in hunting trophies, but I guess it's a different culture in Alaska. 

Anyone else out there a Deadwood tv series fan?  Remember the hotel cook Richardson, who started praying with antlers to a deer head hanging over the landing?

Oh, to get my hands on the big antler pile!! When my kids were small, I took up basketry. I've always wanted a nice deer antler to use for the handle of an egg or other basket. I used to ask my father to look for shed antlers when he was hunting, but he never brought me any. I think he was too busy the last few years, drinking coffee and playing cards with his old hunting buddies.

ETA: I don't mind the trophies so much, if the family bagging the animals is also using the meat and not just going for trophies.

Home sick and for some reason I've busts out my 17 kids and counting, 18 kids and 19 kids and counting DVDs to rewatched some episodes. It's so weird seeing them so little again before the Josh stuff came to light 

I'm on the Mother's Day episode where they went to th today show to announce Michelle's Prego with Jordyn 

After every wedding episode there is one thought in my head I can't get rid of - I really REALLY want to see/hear what duggarlings would say about Jana in her wedding episode. What will they miss when she leaves. And not that crap how she takes her coffee. I want to hear something sincere after she's raising the monkeys and running the house. Will they come up with something heart touching or end up with usual shit?

@Four is Enough, have you looked at PetsMart/PetCo for Antlers? Also feed stores usually have them-I see them there but do not buy because Sammy doesn't need ideas about Daddy's trophies!! Thanks for the hunting/eating comment-We do eat what he/they hunt, unless its something unusual that he wants to display(trying vainly to get it out of my house, though!!)

1 hour ago, fish_ca said:

After every wedding episode there is one thought in my head I can't get rid of - I really REALLY want to see/hear what duggarlings would say about Jana in her wedding episode. What will they miss when she leaves. And not that crap how she takes her coffee. I want to hear something sincere after she's raising the monkeys and running the house. Will they come up with something heart touching or end up with usual shit?

I know the Duggars are weird and the parents hardly know their kids, but I cannot snark on the "remembering how she drinks her coffee"-part. My granddad lived with my aunt, uncle and my two cousins. He lived there all my cousins life, as they live on a farm. My granddad allways drank three things: Beer, Spezi (a mix between Fanta and Coke) and coffee- He never drank Water or Juice (I'm from Bavaria, Oktoberfestland, that's not thaaat unusual and he wasn't an alcoholic.) He always had a lot of sugar in his coffee (I can't belive he didn't get diabetes), so much that you could still "hear" the suggar when he swirled the coffee with a spoon. After my granddads funeral, my family was sitting together drinking coffee and eating cake and my cousin said that he'll never forget the sound of too much sugar in coffee. The whole family had tears in their eyes. I always think about him, when I acidentally put too much sugar in my coffee.

I know the way the Duggars talk about each other is not very intimate and really odd, but when somone leaves, you miss the small things about him or her. Like he or she drank his or her coffee when they're gone.

But what I actually wanted to say: I'm watching the new episode right now and while I always thought that Jessa and Jill were quite young to get married, the feeling's stronger with Jinger. Maybe because I always liked her best, maybe because she's the one I thought to be the most normal and definitely the most quirky. It's just, she reminds me a little about myself and, well, she's a kid, seriously. She's so young...
I know Jessa and Jill weren't that much older (if they actually were, I don't know), but Jill always had something motherly around her and Jessa is so headstrong that I always thought being married young fits them. But it's different with Jinger. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong about getting married and having kids at an early age, but I have the feeling Jinger isn't really ready for this. Maybe they will use birth control. I really hope so.

Edit: I wanted to write about the knees as well. OMG. I could see Jana's, Jill's AND Joy's knees. And Jessas knees in the People-photos. Very short skirts lately! :D

17 minutes ago, enine said:

Edit: I wanted to write about the knees as well. OMG. I could see Jana's, Jill's AND Joy's knees. And Jessas knees in the People-photos. Very short skirts lately!

Where did you see this picture?

36 minutes ago, enine said:

Edit: I wanted to write about the knees as well. OMG. I could see Jana's, Jill's AND Joy's knees. And Jessas knees in the People-photos. Very short skirts lately! :D

I've noticed the hem lines creeping up slowly, they used to wear skirts to their mid calf then they started to hit, just below the knee, now we are getting the occasional mid-knee or just above the knee skirts on  the girls. Before too long we might see collar bone.  Pardon me I think I need my smelling salts, I'm so defrauded.

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear. I saw Jana's, Jill's and Joy's knees in the episode when they were sitting on the bed while Jinger was packing.

And Jessa's knees in the People Magazine's photos for Henry's birth.

@enine  I get your point and I like the story of your grandfather. He must have been special for your family and will be truly missed.

However I believe that part of her siblings couldn't come up with more than bread, coffee, shopping and taking photos. Same as their mother. She's not able to compose unique birthday wishes for her own children (contrary to Kelly Bates). I have an impression that I can hear the same characteristics again and again, in every episode of Duggars & Co. now and years ago. They never/rarely (?) speak about personalities but focus on chores which were assigned to family members instead. 

They came a long way from the prairie dresses. I sometimes wonder if Pre-TLC Michelle and Jim bob would approve of their kids' modern appearances.

Jill just posted on Twitter (I think it was in a Duggar sisters account) that she and Derick have some very important news. It included a link to a page saying that they are planning to move back to Central America. They are looking for people to contribute to their mission, and most of the page was related to the fundraising.

I'm curious if they will move before or after the baby is born.  Jill seemed miserable in CA yet she has chosen to accompany Derick there once again.  Ugh.

19 hours ago, goldengrove said:

mercy, that sounds icky, bless your heart (and lungs)...many prayers ascending to the one and only true Rufus :)

there was a troll fight?!?

19 hours ago, divadivine said:

I feel you on the whole illness thing. I knew I was getting sick when I slept a total of 24 hours in a 28 hour period. I kept thinking I was just tired. The barking seal cough started Friday. By Saturday, I was in the clinic. I thought anout making a trip to the ER Monday night when I felt like I was dying- between the coughing, the headache, the endless nose blowing and Mount Kleenex, and the exhaustion. I finally turned the corner Tuesday. I went back to work today... Mostly because my a-hole boss is an a-hole and I'm still doing 99% of the work even though he's been there for 3 months. The thought of being another day behind was too much. He's going to get a rude awakening tomorrow when I start handing over tasks to him that he should have been doing, but he thought he was too good to do.  Diva's done doing it all. Hell, everyone knew I was sick and they still kept texting me questions and expected me to reply. Hello... I'm  sick. Problem solve people. Sorry, I just had to vent.  Get well! Rufus believes in you! 

This is how cults start. A thousand years from now people will pray to Rufus and wear antlers for all their holidays. 

28 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

This is how cults start. A thousand years from now people will pray to Rufus and wear antlers for all their holidays. 

I was getting tired of wearing a colander and worshipping the spaghetti monster!

I know the thread has moved on (sorry I'm slow) but I have to say I love that Jinger mounted the roadkill. That's hilarious!

Am a vegetarian and definitly not a fan of throphy hunting but I assume she didn't aim for the deer (considering Derick and the cat though, who knows?). Mounting it is totally something I would like to do. Don't have any taxidermy friends though. And I have thankfully never hit anything that big. 

Once we were driving and a suicidal bird dove towards our car. It was a small bird but a loud bang. Mr. Way was all ”maybe it lived” but later I found the bird stuck in the front of the car. Actually pretty hard to get out.

On 2017-02-15 at 11:49 PM, singsingsing said:

Joseph's been spotted with this girl multiple times over the past few months. I still can't tell them apart, so maybe someone without face blindness can decipher these photos:

Hide contents

caldwell.png

These are the Caldwell sisters (from Jill Rodrigues' blog).

wedding2.jpg

At/before Jinger's wedding. I swore up and down when I saw this picture that it was Jana, but apparently it's one of the Caldwell girls.

wedding.png

At the wedding. I have no idea whether this is the same sister who was walking with Joseph before.

march.jpg

March for Life (or whatever they call it).

march2.jpg

Another from the march.

shower.png

From Jessa's baby shower (far right).

caldwell1.png

Valentine's Day

To me it looks like they both have that hair colour that's between blonde and brown. I don't know if either of the girls beside Joseph in the Valentine's picture are Caldwells, but I would bet at least one of them is.

And another thing the rest of you have moved on from. :)

I think all photos except for the one in the church is Joe and the sister on the right. The girl in the church is the sister on the left. The families are friends so it could be coincidence but considering their fear of lost heartpieces and such there seems to be something going on. 

There will not be an anouncment until everyone is sure the courtship will stick though. Can't risk us heathens knowing courtship is actually just dating and doesn't always lead to marriage. :)

3 hours ago, wandering woman said:

Jill just posted on Twitter (I think it was in a Duggar sisters account) that she and Derick have some very important news. It included a link to a page saying that they are planning to move back to Central America. They are looking for people to contribute to their mission, and most of the page was related to the fundraising.

I'm curious if they will move before or after the baby is born.  Jill seemed miserable in CA yet she has chosen to accompany Derick there once again.  Ugh.

Yeah their blog said that they are going back soon and that they will be back before she gives birth. And of course, most important, give them all your money! 

Speaking from experience-- those big houses are hell to keep clean. In case jessa gets the pool house. And we already know her under-bed hygiene is lacking. (Icky squicky for baby having, I tell ya. I'd be wearing hip waders - no bare feet!!)

I'd insist on pulling up those brick pavers in the kitchen & dining area. Impossible to clean, hard on the legs and back, and unforgiving for dropped dishes or falling babies.  Stairs are exhausting when master bedroom is on ground floor and kids on second. 

Oh wait-- we're talking Queen Jessa here. She'll have Staff from J slaves. 

My little 600 two-bedroom was ideal for two babies. We moved to 3500 and three floors when kids were 3 and 4. I was exhausted. 

@ChickenettiLuvr, I believe we say THIS × 1,000! I lived in my inlaws big house with two toddlers and 4 other adults or 3 other adults and 1 big asshat and guess who got to clean the house?  Me!

And Sweetheart, how are you feeling? Better, I hope? Virtual hugs and peach jello!

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived