IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 3: Shifting Blame and Escape Rooms

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

To recap: Duggars are still boring, Jessa took over the decoration of Jinger and Jeremy's apartment (and no one was shocked), and Jeremy thinks that the lesson a newlywed couple can take from going to an escape room is learning how to shift blame.

Can they get any more awkward and boring? Do we even need to ask?

• choralcrusader8613 pinned this topic
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course they can get more awkward and boring. I fell asleep before they started golfing last time. Oops! :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

9 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Last thread here:

Can they get any more awkward and boring? Do we even need to ask?

I believe that is their forte. It balances out the obnoxious, ignorant, hateful side. haha

I finally watched the most recent episode, are they really re-airing the wedding with MOAR SCENES??? Who asked for this?

I finally watched the most recent episode, are they really re-airing the wedding with MOAR SCENES??? Who asked for this?

Please, no! It was boring enough the first time. I just assumed the season finale was the birth of Seewald tot 2.0

I really want to know what TLC is going for here. They are so behind in real life that by the time we see anything, there's nothing new or exciting. With social media and the Internet you can't be 10 months behind real life. I understand that most of what they do is staged anyway but, still. It's going to tank the show if they don't start showing things closer to real-time.

3 hours ago, purple_summer said:

I have no clue why they rehash things SO many times. Like how they air video clips that were posted online months ago. And the "coming up next " previews reveal so much, I feel like I've seen every scene 5 times. TLC is just a really unskilled network. Or maybe most of their viewers really do enjoy that much repetition? 

21 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

I have no clue why they rehash things SO many times. Like how they air video clips that were posted online months ago. And the "coming up next " previews reveal so much, I feel like I've seen every scene 5 times. TLC is just a really unskilled network. Or maybe most of their viewers really do enjoy that much repetition? 

Because they have no life. They only do things that are Jim Bob approved, which are apparently few and far between, so they keep having to rehash the same crap over and over.

Oh they definitely are. It's going to be 2 hours long I believe. Oh boy! 

they are showing the wedding again which is insane in less than two weeks. 

I am sure Jessa giving birth will be next season ie March or June 

probably when Jill actually gives birth and Jinger announces on Valentines day 

TLC has been doing even worse with Sister Wives this season.  They seemed to add an hour long clip show every week along with doing the episodes the same as the Duggars. 

It really is the most boring show and the most repetitive. It would be more interesting to see their devotions and church services, their social events and parenting. These fake activities they came up with are sooo implausible. 

I want to see what Jana is doing with her tattoo parlor and what John has done with his house and what Joe does everyday. I'm pretty sick of Jessa & Ben and Derrick & Jill use a lot of words to say nothing much. Why not show us what the guys do for work? All we see are leisure time activities.

I would like to see if:

- Joe uses his CC education (I know, I know...)

- Josiah continues Duggar Productions

- John David teaches his sibling anything, as an only Duggar with some valuable skills

- who is responsible for homeschooling now

- what Derrick does all days while they are in Arkansas

- and few more.

Hey TLC,  what about that?

5 hours ago, titerlitury said:

I would like to see if:

- Joe uses his CC education (I know, I know...)

Well Joe didn't finish at CC...so there's nothing to show. :P 

Oh, I didn't know. I tought he finished, maybe by online classes. I read somewhere here CC get some kind of acreditation. Even if it's not very useful, it's still something for fundie kidult.

I think he completed a 1 year certificate program.

1 hour ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I think he completed a 1 year certificate program.

so... basically useless and all for show. Even though they didn't show much of it.

@amandabrnttHit the nail on the head.  Awesome first post.  The big difference between this reality show and others is that they are boring.  The Real Housewives keep people interested despite their strong social media presence because of all the drama and what they do.  The kidults are all beaten into keeping sweet.  We pick up ripples of irritation with each other but that's that.  Could you imagine the redecorating scene on any other show?  They'd be throwing books at each other!!  Now, I'm not saying we need to see that but if the kids were doing normal young adult activities (going to college, working their first job, dating, going on Spring Break) it would be a lot more exciting.  Not to mention all the stuff they don't show.  Joy has been getting to know Austin throughout this season and last yet he was never on the show.  Tabitha Paine has never been shown and yet was living with them.  WTF.  And going back a couple of seasons, Jeremy was in CA with them and sparks were flying but that wasn't filmed either.  

This show is their ministry. It will never get interesting on camera. Maybe if they show Jeremy introducing Jinger to some worldly things, but I'm not holding my breath. I bet they would get huge ratings if they did a special surrounding Josh post scandal. As much of a hot button as it is on whether they should film him or not.  On another note , Jinger hasn't been home since getting married..... how very Alyssa of her....

2 hours ago, JMO said:

@amandabrnttHit the nail on the head.  Awesome first post.  The big difference between this reality show and others is that they are boring.  The Real Housewives keep people interested despite their strong social media presence because of all the drama and what they do.  The kidults are all beaten into keeping sweet.  We pick up ripples of irritation with each other but that's that.  Could you imagine the redecorating scene on any other show?  They'd be throwing books at each other!!  Now, I'm not saying we need to see that but if the kids were doing normal young adult activities (going to college, working their first job, dating, going on Spring Break) it would be a lot more exciting.  Not to mention all the stuff they don't show.  Joy has been getting to know Austin throughout this season and last yet he was never on the show.  Tabitha Paine has never been shown and yet was living with them.  WTF.  And going back a couple of seasons, Jeremy was in CA with them and sparks were flying but that wasn't filmed either.  

real housewives makes me laugh more than counting on.  Even girls makes me laugh more than counting on.  

I would for one be interested to see Tabitha Paine at least introduce her - it's the same Jana went with the horrid couple to gettysburg - all fake. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived