IGNORED

Bates the 20th

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I wish I could upvote this 1,000 times. While it's true that Bradley is cute, Erin has nice hair, and Alyssa may be wearing pants, it doesn't negate the fact that they are putting a pretty face on some ugly beliefs.  They laughed about using the ER for doctor's visits (I think it was in United Bates of America or the 20/20 special), which increases costs for the rest of us. They don't want all fellow Americans to have good healthcare, reasonably priced college, and guaranteed retirement income. They want America to be right for people who are the "right" type of Christians because Jesus. Anyone who doesn't fall into that category doesn't count. Frankly, I didn't realize how ugly their beliefs were until joining FJ and really reading into their background and some of the incredibly informative links that get posted here. As someone with chronic health issues, I worry about what Taliban Dan and his buddies are going to do to our country.

I think a lot of us don't really realize until we join up and spend time actually learning about their beliefs. I feel like no one can truly understand unless they've lived this lifestyle personally. That's why I'm really grateful for posters like @formergotharditewho are willing to share and educate. 

And I'm highly concerned too. About healthcare, but also about everything else - education, the environment, taxes, national security, defense, etc. It's horrifying for me to realize my innocent little daughter and my nephew are going to grow up under this administration. The decisions that Trump makes now could have detrimental effects on them both for years to come. 

And I don't just blame these Fundies for getting him elected either. There's more than enough blame to go around. But I do think it's important to point out just how dangerous they really are because a lot of people still don't realize that (even people on FJ.) 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They took away environmental protections today. Because Trump thinks climate change is a myth. There is tons of proof it's real. So many facts.

Just this week the senators passed a law against protecting wildlife and environment in Alaska. It's a cruel bill called SJRes18 (senate version) HJRes69 (on presidents desk.) People can now kill bears, wolves, and their baby cubs/pups in their dens. Track and shoot them from helicopters. And why? There is no reason to kill these animals. 

Trumps admin stripped transparency for how animals are treated too! The USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) reversed a decade-long commitment to transparency by removing critical inspection reports from its website, the system became severely unbalanced, putting hundreds of thousands of animals at risk. The ASPCA, other animal rights groups, and concerns citizens (like me) and some senators are trying to get these records back. Check to see if your senator is.      

More Info: The USDA’s Data Purge: Who’s Actually Being Protected? = http://www.aspca.org/blog/usdas-data-purge-whos-actually-being-protected

It amazes me how this government cannot grasp the concept that their plan will cost so much more in the long run. People using the ER as their primary care doctor, women dying or becoming severely ill from a lack of OBGYN care, etc. Preventative medicine really makes a differenence in the long run for costs and quality of life. I was planning on having kids in the next few years but I can't afford to without insurance and I'm terrified that my insurance will be cut. What kind of quality of life is this? 

On 3/28/2017 at 0:27 AM, marmalade said:

Benessa confessed not long ago to private texts during courting. I think Jill/D-Wreck was all group texts up through the wedding day. I'm not sure when the Bateses began to allow private texts, or if even Zachney did them (Zachney, btw, was only about 6 months from courthship to altar, not sure how long he'd been hitting on her at re that) The story Kelly posted above confirms that it was Cherin who had a super long "getting to know you" period. Not sure when Brandon was allowed to start talking with Michael in relation to when they started courting. She'd had her eye on him for years, but they weren't "getting to know" each other that entire time. I know the courtship was rather long, because they were waiting for him to graduate. 

Jill and Derek made it a point to emphasize many times how they were better and more pure than others.  They of course had to state that it was a covenant marriage. I don't recall if I heard that about any of the other weddings.  IDK maybe they also have them but Jill and Derek made sure it was known.  They really think their shit don't stink.  I would have thought young Ben would have been like that but surprisingly he is showing signs of a bit more independent thinking than I would have thought.  I think Jeremy has wade through the swamps of sin and has chose his life and beliefs.  I think Derek thought he was experiencing life but was really scared and sheltered himself and is wanting to guzzle koolaid that someone else made.  At least the other 2 are making their own koolaid.

I thought I remembered a mention of Erin having a covenant marriage.  I could be mixing things up, though. There has been a flurry of weddings.

I do remember simultaneously thinking the family texts with these folks were odd but also not being too surprised. Most folks I knew in my early 20s who were dating/courting would communicate privately, but I was aware that some of the most conservative folks in my church were all about chaperoned "visits" (basically dates) and someone from the family being looped in on communications. And the Bates/Duggars all seem to definitely be more toward the  stricter end of their brand of fundie.

@seraaa,  I was a bit confused by the video, because the visual was clearly Deborah Kerr from the movie of The King and I.  The voice was Julie Andrews' though and not Marnie Nixon who dubbed Deborah in the film.  Marnie, who died last year, voiced  many non-singers in films like Natalie Wood in West Side Story and Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady.  She was one of the nuns in The Sound of Music.  We not only got to hear Marnie but see her.  

There will be another season of BuB, and Lily  and Ellie post this:

“With 19 kids (plus spouses!) and six grandkids, each day brings new opportunities and challenges chock-full of life’s emotional and humorous moments,” said Timothy Kuryak, senior vice president, unscripted development and production, UP. “This summer will be no different as the ever-growing family continues to pursue new activities, dreams, and relationships. Everything is multiplied in the Bates household!”

In the new season of Bringing Up Bates, it’s a summer of love for the family. From Carlin’s blooming relationship (will it become a courtship?) to Tori’s deepening bond with Bobby (will it end in a proposal?) to someone getting married in the premiere (who will it be?), love is blooming for the Bates. And lately, their simple rural lifestyle in Tennessee is in a flurry of transitions, as this remarkable and ever-expanding family continues to navigate life’s trials and triumphs. 

Erin and Chad Paine get pygmy goats, Jeb and Judson take Martial Arts classes, and Jackson earns his learner’s permit. Meanwhile, Bobby graduates from college and contemplates moving from Florida to Tennessee to be closer to Tori, and Nathan pursues his dream to be a pilot instructor.

Led by devoted father Gil and his loving wife Kelly Jo, the Bates do everything in bulk while staying true to their values and rules for the family.

I wonder if they mean Tabitha's wedding? 

9 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@seraaa,  I was a bit confused by the video, because the visual was clearly Deborah Kerr from the movie of The King and I.  The voice was Julie Andrews' though and not Marnie Nixon who dubbed Deborah in the film.  Marnie, who died last year, voiced  many non-singers in films like Natalie Wood in West Side Story and Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady.  She was one of the nuns in The Sound of Music.  We not only got to hear Marnie but see her.  

It is odd. I assume somebody took the visual and put   Julie Andrews' voice under it instead of Marnie Nixon's ? I admit I just pulled one that looked right from yutube.

10 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

I thought I remembered a mention of Erin having a covenant marriage.  I could be mixing things up, though. There has been a flurry of weddings.

It wouldn't have been Erin because covenant marriages do not have legal distinction in Tennessee. 

I think Alyssa is sort of just along for the ride. She really seems to be enjoying her new freedom to dress super cute, she works in the business with her husband, and appears to be doing a little social media endorsing. I think she's fundie lite on the way to conservative, honestly. I could see her sending her daughters to public school and letting them be cheerleaders or on the dance team. It is probably to her advantage that she married out early AF, moved to Florida, and made non-Gothard friends. She is the only one who spends the bulk of her time with non-fundies, and she's so young hat I could definitely see her peers having a big impact on her beliefs. 

Erin is in and won't go. She struck fundie gold with Chad and has a perfect little life in fundie-ville. Who would leave that? Especially since she has no other influences. 

So I guess Tabitha Paine's wedding is this weekend in East Tennessee? I see the Duggars are there, per Carlin's Instagram.

I am guess both Tori and Carlin's boyfriends will attend the wedding?

8 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

There is a Tabitha wedding thead.

Can you tell me how to get to this?  I've looked around and couldn't find it.  Thank you. 

Putting "tabitha paine" in the search box works well or similar for any other queries.

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bates-family-live-mass-a-somethin/

Video of some of the Bates discussing the episode last week where they went to Masanutten Ski Resort.

Nothing particularly special, but I found it interesting because Bobby is in it, front and center, manspreading and VERY confident.

At one point, he jokes that he wants to enter the next Batescation contest, but Kelly says she has a feeling he will already be coming along, which he does a little fist pump....the rest of the time he's making faces to Tori and Josie (who is really loving the male attention, which I personally find awkward since he's dating her sister and kind of sad), and seems very very self-assured, sort of hamming it up fo rthe camera if you know what i mean.

Anyway, just thought this video was quite illuminating into the idea of who he is and how he behaves, which is kind of cocky, obviously thinks he's very funny and charming, and knows Tori obviously worships him. Headship in the making!

While i'm here, does anyone else think Evan (Carlin's bf) is alot like Lawson? He literally POUTS at the camera when he takes selfies, has his hair all coiffed 24/7 and seems really into showing off his muscles, which i think is hilarious because he looks so silly. But then again, Carlin was very close with Lawson, so it's probably the sort of guy she was looking for anyways. I just think he's a bit of a doofus and very into himself.

Aaaaanndddd just watching the end of the video, a viewer asks if they are engaged yet, Bobby grabs her hand and points at her finger and says (jokingly) "when she's engaged, you will know!!"

i mean like okay dude we get it, Tori is your future wife.......of course Kelly and Tori and Josie think he's just SOOOOO FUNNYYYYY  *eye roll*

Last thing: I really am starting to find it kind of weird that ALL of the Bates girls have dated and married guys who all look like different versions of the same thing....dark hair, muscles, kind of bland faces, average and tall.....the lack of diversity in what they are looking for is a bit weird......maybe it isn't, I just would have thought they might have had different tastes in guys? guess not! lol

On 3/26/2017 at 9:25 PM, jinger101 said:

I'm close friends with the Roberts family Trace and Campbell had a rough break up. There was lots of yelling that went down and now the families are at ends. There are rumors that the break up was because Campbell was confused about courting guys in general. Not sure how her father feels about this.  I heard that he wasn't a big fan of Trace in the first place. Heard he only liked Campbell because she looked cute, but he thought that her older sister Daisy was more attractive, but she was already taken. Daisy has had a lot of courtships recently that have been very short. Her father might have to step in and start looking for men for her because of her poor choices. 

I'm shocked that UP showed it at all then.  They might have just left them out of the ski trip...

7 hours ago, titerlitury said:

There will be another season of BuB, and Lily  and Ellie post this:

I wonder if they mean Tabitha's wedding? 

They can't mean Tabitha's wedding. They won't stoop low enough to put a rapist on their Godly channel, will they? I cannot watch Tabitha be sold to that nasty man.

Josie will be special friend hunting. It seems like the Bates girls have decided that it benefits them to marry young- probably after seeing Alyssa's life at 19 vs staying home an caring for their siblings.

Why did they focus the camera right on Bobby's junk? Certainly not very modest lol. 

TN doesn't do covenant marriages so none of the Bates kids have them. They have the regular old heathen marriage.

When is the premiere of the next season?

Why would they film and show Tabithas wedding on bringing up bates? Tabitha is just one of their in-laws siblings and has never been on the show. It wouldnt make sense in the first place let alone considering what is known about Tims past. It cant be Joys wedding either cuz tlc. Who could it be??

They showed non-Bateseses wedding before, I remember wedding of Kelly Jo's sister. It takes only few minutes in episode, so I can see UpTV airing Tabitha's wedding, after all she is only Chad's sister, lot of people have no clue about her fiancee. And whole plot will be (I guess) traveling with huge family and not geting late or something equal interesting. After all, it's pure bait for us, mention mysterious wedding in press release :kitty-wink:

So, someone is getting married on the Bates. My pick: Nathan, Chad's sister, or maybe a vow renewal with Gil and Kelly.

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

So, someone is getting married on the Bates. My pick: Nathan, Chad's sister, or maybe a vow renewal with Gil and Kelly.

Remember on 19 Kids and Counting when they were teasing us for a whole week from saying "someone's expecting", and we found out it was one of the camera crew? Maaaaayyyyyybbbbbeeeeee it's a wedding of one of the UP camera crew. Or some other friend we know nothing about.

1 hour ago, BullyJBG said:

Remember on 19 Kids and Counting when they were teasing us for a whole week from saying "someone's expecting", and we found out it was one of the camera crew? Maaaaayyyyyybbbbbeeeeee it's a wedding of one of the UP camera crew. Or some other friend we know nothing about.

I totally agree!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived