IGNORED

Lori Alexander 15: Leaving A Fire With Her Makeup Bag

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I decided to make a list of all my cosmetics and beauty aids and post it on the internet, I don't think it would even cross my mind to include  vaginal lotions, potions, etc.  

(And I'm definitely not a prude---I wear yoga pants in public!)

3 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Any guesses on when the last time Trey set foot in a fabric store?

Gee, Trey, thanks for throwing us that scrap and telling us we actually don't have to weave our own fabric.:my_dodgy:  

Does Trey think that fabric is cheap? I live in a pretty low cost of living area, and it's still more economical for me to buy clothing rather than make it myself. The last big sewing project I did was blackout curtains because I found the perfect fabric. :) 

Trey, honey, with all due respect, you're a fucking idiot. Home-sewing is freaking expensive nowadays. It hasn't been economical since the '70s, when I was in my 20s and made most of my own clothes. The patterns that used to cost about two bucks often cost ten times that now. I love to sew, but I only make things that I absolutely can't find elsewhere.

@Hane, good to know. My son sews but makes up his own patterns but refuses to make me some wrap around pants so his father said "find a pattern, I'll cut it out and pin it for you" . Nice to know that I'll need to budget for the pattern.

On Facebook, one woman shared a blog post about the death of a 31 year old man who drowned in a lake last month leaving behind his wife and seven children.  He didn't have life insurance, so the blogger who originally posted about the family is asking more bloggers to share the post, and anyone who reads the posts to consider giving.

Lori's reply? "How tragic."

No reblogging. No offer to help. Just "how tragic".  

Do you know that pure religion includes visiting the widow and orphan in their affliction?  You can afford expensive creams and makeup, I'm sure you can afford to help a young family in need. I think it's tragic that you didn't find it in you to encourage your readers to support a family in need (by reblogging and talking about this need in the church).  

But Lori, we all know you are too busy flirting with Dave and Trey to care about a young widow and her seven children.  

4 hours ago, onemama said:

On Facebook, one woman shared a blog post about the death of a 31 year old man who drowned in a lake last month leaving behind his wife and seven children.  He didn't have life insurance, so the blogger who originally posted about the family is asking more bloggers to share the post, and anyone who reads the posts to consider giving.

Lori's reply? "How tragic."

No reblogging. No offer to help. Just "how tragic".  

Do you know that pure religion includes visiting the widow and orphan in their affliction?  You can afford expensive creams and makeup, I'm sure you can afford to help a young family in need. I think it's tragic that you didn't find it in you to encourage your readers to support a family in need (by reblogging and talking about this need in the church).  

But Lori, we all know you are too busy flirting with Dave and Trey to care about a young widow and her seven children.  

Lori's probably (smugly) thinking about the ass load of life insurance she has on Ken.  I've seen her readers do that before.  They think if they have life insurance, they are totally safe.  They're too dumb to think about what might happen if their husband gets really, really sick and can't work anymore.  Not every sickness or injury leads to death.  Sometimes people lose their ability to work.  And you know what?  It's like no one even tells the people who send the....what are those silly things that come in the mail???  Oh yeah, BILLS!

I'll tell you something else for free...they wouldn't give a tinkers damn about Lori's helpless routine.  

I guess at that point she'd just call her 80 something year old father and tell him he had to support her.  

I feel really sorry for that widowed mother of 7, but she needn't waste her time waiting for Lori to send her money.  She talks a good game about "the church" supporting widows, but when it comes right down to it, she has make up to buy.

It's not surprising that Lori didn't offer to help. Yeah, she has blogged in the past about how churches should assist widows and their families and I recall her fangirls claimed that they knew of churches doing that and one person used LDS churches as an example. Many churches do have benevolent funds to assist people in need, but often times there are limits on how much they help people. My aunt worked for Catholic Charities for several years and she said it was common for pastors/churches to refer people to CC.  I know from reading Mormon blogs, that LDS churches do offer help to members in need by giving them food and items via Bishop's store and members will hold fundraisers. But, I doubt there are any church congregations that have supported widows and their families for years and years.

We have never seen Lori promote any of those Harvesting the Glean type organizations that help widows set up home based businesses. Lori has blogged about not tithing, so I think that shows that she and Ken aren't very giving people. If people don't want to give money to their churches or charities, that's fine. With Lori she comes off as a major bitch by preaching about churches helping widows out, when she does nothing to help her own church via tithing.

As Koala mentioned, Lori and her readers never consider the possibilities of a husband/father becoming disabled via illness or accident. I bet if someone commented on Lori's FB with a story of a young father and husband becoming a high level quadriplegic and not having good future job prospects, Lori's comment would be "How tragic". Yes, it would be the same if a husband/father was diagnosed with ALS.

I just looked at Lori's book on Goodreads.  It's currently rated a 4.67 out of 5.  She has 15 5-star reviews, 2 4-star reviews, and 1 1-star review.  Her minions must have been told to leave reviews there as well as on Amazon.  

17 hours ago, onemama said:

Dave comments: 

Lori replies:

And Dave says: 

This is beyond belief.... I wonder how many commenters shaked their head at that one and posted something less than positive that Lori deleted, of course.  

This sounds like an emotional affair. Those two are getting their kicks out of their little dance on Lori's blog.  Disgusting.  

Is it possible that they are taking the Piss out of Lori big time?

18 hours ago, onemama said:

I made the mistake of visiting Dalrock's blog once and all the men were moaning about how lazy and unproductive women have become since the men created appliances for them.

Hi, onemama! I came by Lori's blog because of the recommendation of Cane Caldo, whom I (used to) read because of Dalrock. It gets boring after a while, or they post less frequently as time passes. 

Here, government help is limited, and while churches often help when they can, the families of widows and orphans are the ones who really take care of them.

One commenter on her last feminism doodle asked about Judith and Lori replied that she had no idea who Judith is.  It struck me as weird at first and then I Googled "Judith from the Bible" and now I understand.  The book of Judith isn't included in the Protestant bible and she's likely never heard the story about slaying Holofernes.  I've been out of Christianity for well over a decade now and it still never ceases to amaze me how different the factions are......

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I think that shows that she and Ken aren't very giving people.

Lori has made it very clear.

Lori Alexander:

I would definitely describe myself as a taker.

I bet she was not a happy camper when Ken made her delete Dave's little love notes.

Lori:

I felt the same way about this post and I am sure Trey spent a long time writing it since it is so well written and thorough. I remember a phrase, “Only bored people get bored” so I have always refused myself to get bored! There is always something our hands can find to do if we just look around.

I believe the expression is "only BORING people get bored". I wonder if that is just a typo or did she really get it that mixed up?

38 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori has made it very clear.

Lori Alexander:

I bet she was not a happy camper when Ken made her delete Dave's little love notes.

The replies where Dave praises Lori as the most beautiful woman are still up on the blog.  They are in the comment thread of the blasphemy post. 

29 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori:

I felt the same way about this post and I am sure Trey spent a long time writing it since it is so well written and thorough. I remember a phrase, “Only bored people get bored” so I have always refused myself to get bored! There is always something our hands can find to do if we just look around.

I guess Lori found typing and deleting comments to keep her hands busy. 

1 hour ago, onemama said:

The replies where Dave praises Lori as the most beautiful woman are still up on the blog.  They are in the comment thread of the blasphemy post. 

I guess Lori found typing and deleting comments to keep her hands busy. 

No kidding. Someone asked her if she gardens. The response was not anymore because my health prevents me. She will conveniently have a health excuse for probably anything on that list. 

Um, excuse me, Ms. Alexander, but I have RA and manage to garden...probably still would/will if it cripples me to the point of using a wheelchair. So sorry, I don't buy your "health" excuse!

Lori never ceases to contradict herself.

Lori Alexander (Feb. 13th):

Beth Moore’s teachings don’t excite me. I wouldn’t learn under them anymore.

She is specifically advising a reader not to "learn under" Beth Moore.

Lori Alexander:

Beth is a good Bible teacher. I don't listen to her often but she sure knows her Bible!

Lori Alexander:

I love what Beth Moore teaches.  Immodest women are mean women.  They like to turn other women's husbands on.  

Lori Alexander:

I don't have a problem with Beth teaching an adult Sunday School class. I would go

Ken Alexander:

I like Beth Moore and Joyce Meyer as they are terrific, godly teachers. 

I honestly believe that Lori is green with envy.  Beth Moore has all of the success that Lori wants.

Koala, 

HAHAHA! What are the dates of the quotes where she praises Beth? The poor young women she must confuse. Tune in one day and its read this person, she is great! Tune back in later and its "no no stay away from her". 

It's probably been said a hundred times before, but Lori is a wierd real life version of the novel "1984".  

"Beth Moore is a great teacher of the Bible."

Suddenly, "Beth Moore isn't to be listened to."

Give it more time and Beth Moore will be the Devil incarnate.

16 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

@Hane, good to know. My son sews but makes up his own patterns but refuses to make me some wrap around pants so his father said "find a pattern, I'll cut it out and pin it for you" . Nice to know that I'll need to budget for the pattern.

@DaniLouisiana, a woman I know who does a lot of sewing (regular clothes and theatrical costumes) says she finds a lot of good, inexpensive patterns on eBay.

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Koala, 

HAHAHA! What are the dates of the quotes where she praises Beth? The poor young women she must confuse. Tune in one day and its read this person, she is great! Tune back in later and its "no no stay away from her". 

Links to the positive quotes in order:

#1 Comments of this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-problem-with-female-bible-teachers.html

#2 http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/04/showing-off-your-body.html

#3 Comments of this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/08/women-silenced-in-church.html

#4 Comments of this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/08/women-silenced-in-church.html

The negative comment can be found in the comments of this post:

https://thetransformedwife.com/why-does-not-being-a-keeper-at-home-blaspheme-gods-word/

The end of Lori's post today she says:

Remember, your husband isn’t called to follow your dreams and aspirations, you are called to follow and help fulfill his dreams and aspirations for his family.

Right, to get your dreams you just sabotage your birth control. Problem solved. Was it Ken's dream to have more kids? Not at that particular time, but Lori took matters into her own hands. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

The end of Lori's post today she says:

Right, to get your dreams you just sabotage your birth control. Problem solved. Was it Ken's dream to have more kids? Not at that particular time, but Lori took matters into her own hands. 

Hopes and dreams would only distract me from making these Big Salads.

All of this preaching evangelicals and fundies do about "making a decision to love someone" is so depressing. Couple it with their new insistence that compatibility is not necessary for a good marriage and it is even more depressing. 

Because you just randomly get together with someone, never mind if you have a damn thing in common, and "decide" to love him or her no matter how miserable it makes you.

No wonder they also constantly preach that marriage is so damn hard. It probably is under those circumstances. 

21 hours ago, desertvixen said:

So I presume the Vital V salve is to combat menopausal dryness?  (Psst, Lori, it's 25 on Amazon!)

Fuck me, why did I ever think the ever-modest Lori would talk about something like that? And WHY did I google it? I'll leave it to you to imagine what my sidebar ads look like now.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived