IGNORED

Lori Alexander 15: Leaving A Fire With Her Makeup Bag

choralcrusader8613

6 hours ago, Joyce said:

Hi Showtunesgirl! I thought she implied that she supports or allows child brides when she said that Mary was a child bride. It seems that I spoke too soon because she later said that no one is saying that child brides are OK. So to be clear, Lori does not support child brides. :)

Wait, what? God made a child pregnant forcefully?

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Wait, what? God made a child pregnant forcefully?

There is nothing in the Bible to indicate Mary's age. All it says was that she was a virgin. A couple of articles I've read have indicated that she was *probably* 12 - 14 years old because it was customary back then to get married at that age (apparently).

Lori is an idiot.  Problem is she's an idiot with a voice and a blog forum which makes her a very dangerous idiot, 

She is actively and unceasingly shaming women to put up with not "great" behavior, not to mention abuse, in hopes of winning him without a word.

If a man treats a woman badly and he continues to receive "respect, companionship and sex".  He isn't going to change because the woman says nothing  He going to continue as he is because saying nothing validates that what he is doing is perfectly normal and right. That it's the way to treat a woman.

He has absolutely no incentive to change because he's getting everything he supposedly wants. Especially the sex. Because we know that Lori believes sex is really what all men want most of all. All. The. Time. 

Lori is telling all the women out there in bad relationships to just grit their teeth and fake wanting sex with the man who treats them badly.  Have sex whether you want to or not.  In Lori's world there is no reason for a woman to ever say No.

Which leads me to the question of whether Lori was giving it to Ken all those years she was so sick. It was her wifely duty after all.

What struck me here as so wrong and sad is that Lori doesn't think men want love.  Basically Lori is saying you can hate your man with the burning fire of 1000 suns but as long as he's getting  "respect, companionship and sex" -- especially the sex -- it's all A-OK.

Of course Lori believes woman should stay in totally loveless marriages because submitting and being a keeper at home is enough for any woman.

No. Just No.  No woman should ever have to be complicit in enabling a man to treat her not "great".

That doodle says that a woman shouldn't get to determine what makes Mr. Right the one for them.  I'm struck (again...) by Lori's attempts to make women this monolithic group that all wants the same thing from a mate. So a good, Christian woman is just supposed to love and marry any old random dude, as long as he's Christian and a provider that'll let her stay at home?  

She misses that we're all individuals with different needs and wants. What others may find attractive, I may find unattractive--and vice versa. I really get the impression that Lori would support arranged marriages if she could get away with it. 

In Lori's world, men don't care if you hate them as long as you're submitting and putting out- Ken doesn't give a shit what Lori thinks of him as long as she shuts her mouth and busts out the coconut oil whenever he wants. It's ludicrously obvious that she hates him, but women aren't fully human to Ken- her interior life is of no interest whatsoever, just like I don't spend a lot of time thinking about what the dog really thinks of me.

Lori is also obviously unfamiliar with the concept of who has the problem. You can't nice a shithead into being a good person because they don't have a problem- their life is going just fine and they don't have make any effort that would distinguish them from a toddler with a checking account. You have a problem- you spend all your time waiting hand and foot on someone who acts like a fucking toddler. They have literally negative incentive to change- behaving like an adult and contributing your fair share is a lot of work, and right now they have loads of free time to play basketball.

Of course, the reason Lori's unfamiliar with the concept is that she was never the one who had the problem either- when it all became too much she wailed about how impossibly ill she was and retreated to her bed. Her parents, nanny, housekeeper, and children had a problem- two grown ass adults acting like toddlers and dumping their responsibilities on everyone else.

I adore my husband...I mean adore! Since things got fixed between us...it's amazing! Hell, HE is cooking dinner tonight! Why? I taught this morning, went to a class this afternoon, ran errands (and fought traffic) on my way home. I came home to a house that was SPOTLESS too! Lori would shit bricks over that...but...whatever bitch!

I do all the cooking so Lori would approve of one thing at our house. But husband does 90% of the cleaning. If I do it, he will just find it not good enough and redo it. Less tension if I just don't bother and let him.

And I work as much as possible subbing. And we have no kids.

I have to add a thought after reading the latest post.

How long does she think it takes to cook a healthy meal? FFS, we eat basically healthy home cooked food all the time even on days I work. We've been eating ham & bean soup for a week. I chopped some onion the night before and then it took less than ten minutes to put everything in the crockpot before I left the house in the morning. Would it have been healthier if I had sat at home staring at the crockpot all day?

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

I have to add a thought after reading the latest post.

How long does she think it takes to cook a healthy meal? FFS, we eat basically healthy home cooked food all the time even on days I work. We've been eating ham & bean soup for a week. I chopped some onion the night before and then it took less than ten minutes to put everything in the crockpot before I left the house in the morning. Would it have been healthier if I had sat at home staring at the crockpot all day?

I doubt she has the slightest clue. She only makes big salads. 

There are times it takes me a while to prepare a meal depending on what I'm making -- some things take longer than others. But often, it only takes a few minutes to toss everything together. Perhaps if Lori actually knew how to cook ... 

Lori has no idea how long it takes to actually cook anything.  She just makes Big Salads (TM).  Cooking is not something Lori does -- or ever did. 

And ... I suspect Lori would think a crock pot was 'cheating'. You're not really being a Keeper At Home if you can use something that allows you to make dinner while you're out of the house,

I LOVVVVEEEE my crock pot.  Best thing ever?  Mix some classic soda (Coke), Savory Pot Roast Seasoning Mix (McCormick), Au Jus Gravy Mix (McCormick), and pour it over a tender roast and tons of baby carrots. I let it cook all day and then serve it with homemade mashed potatoes or rice, and corn on the cob when it's in season and fresh.

Probably not the healthiest thing on earth, but it's a lot more filling than a Big Salad.

I also like to take a box of yellow cake mix, top it with a stick of melted butter (mix them together with a fork), and then pour a lg. can of cherry or blueberry pie filling and some wal-nuts on top of that.  Cook on low for 4 hours and serve over ice-cream.  It's super rich, but so good.   

Lori's posts are just kind of boring these days.  She's said it all before, and mostly I am just grateful for the life I have when I read the things she writes.

It doesn't take all day to make a salad either. Seriously, what does someone with no children at home do all day that convinces them that it is a full time endeavor.

Oh, wait, I remember, they blog about how they need to be home all day.

I am home all day every day in summer. Even if I did all the cleaning , that and cooking would not take up all my time. I do spend time on errands and such that are easier to get done during the work day but that violates Lori's orders to never leave the house.

Also, those verses? Context and culture is a thing when interpreting ancient writings. Stupid bitch.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

How long does she think it takes to cook a healthy meal?

If it takes more than an hour, I ain't doing it. As a general rule I can whip up something fairly nutritious in just a little while. I never "plan" dinners, I ride by the seat of my pants. BUT...most of the time my freezer and pantry are stocked with good food. I mean, really, how long does it take to pull a couple of chicken breasts out of the freezer, hit 'em with some Sazon and a little Old Bay, toss 'em in the oven and put on a pot of rice, open a bag of frozen green beans, put 'em in a bowl with Sazon and butter and toss it in the microwave? Prep time? 10 minutes. Cook time? Until the chicken is done. Quick, nutritious dinner...

I make a lot of soups in the winter. My husband doesn't mind at all eating the same soup three days in one week. 

I usually make it in a big pot and then transfer it to small containers (sometimes for freezing). I put our supper-for-two portion in my small crockpot around 3 and let it heat for the afternoon. We both love love LOVE homemade soup on a snowy evening. We also usually take a dish over to our neighbor who is single and does not cook much for himself  

One of my favorite crockpot meals is chicken fajitas. Throw chicken breasts, tomatoes and thinly sliced peppers and onions in the crockpot. Cover with your favorite fajita seasoning and let it cook all day. Serve with rice, black beans and tortillas.

Even with just the two of us at home, I use my crockpot A LOT! We have a lot of leftovers but we both like leftovers so that's a good thing for us. 

I just love knowing dinner is usually covered either by leftovers or a quick crockpot fix in the morning. My husband doesn't critique me based on how much time I spend on a meal. But then he does not think it is his job to note all my flaws so he can correct me several times a week. 

Everyone here seems to be better cooks than Lori. You are making me so hungry with all this food talk! I bet it bugs her that heathens like FJers can cook better than she can.

I make a lot of soups in the winter. My husband doesn't mind at all eating the same soup three days in one week. 
I usually make it in a big pot and then transfer it to small containers (sometimes for freezing). I put our supper-for-two portion in my small crockpot around 3 and let it heat for the afternoon. We both love love LOVE homemade soup on a snowy evening. We also usually take a dish over to our neighbor who is single and does not cook much for himself  
One of my favorite crockpot meals is chicken fajitas. Throw chicken breasts, tomatoes and thinly sliced peppers and onions in the crockpot. Cover with your favorite fajita seasoning and let it cook all day. Serve with rice, black beans and tortillas.
Even with just the two of us at home, I use my crockpot A LOT! We have a lot of leftovers but we both like leftovers so that's a good thing for us. 
I just love knowing dinner is usually covered either by leftovers or a quick crockpot fix in the morning. My husband doesn't critique me based on how much time I spend on a meal. But then he does not think it is his job to note all my flaws so he can correct me several times a week. 

We eat soup all winter, too. And I plan meals with leftovers in mind. He has no problem with that (and if he did that would be too bad for him!).

Lori's obsession with a good submissive wife not leaving the house makes me wonder if she even does the shopping and such that a partner with no job should be taking care of just for convenience sake.

2 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Everyone here seems to be better cooks than Lori. You are making me so hungry with all this food talk! I bet it bugs her that heathens like FJers can cook better than she can.

Well we certainly seem a bit more creative than Lori; that's for sure. I love a nice fresh salad but she just doesn't get that 1) fresh produce is not readily available Year 'round in much of the country and 2) salads are not always what a person wants to eat when it is 25 degrees outside and you are on day two of a blizzard. 

She also does not comprehend what it means to get "creative" with meals when it is three days until payday and groceries are a little thin. Those days prompted some of the sweetest compliments from my husband. He was always impressed with what I could come up with to feed our kids a decent lunch and our family a decent supper when there was "no food in the house."  I don't think Lori has ever had to actually use her brain to really stay within a budget and stretch things out. 

We love soups too.  Vegetable beef with cornbread is a winter standby here.  I also like to do lima beans in the crockpot and then serve them with oven fried pork chops and cornbread.

I eat gluten-free, due to anti-inflammatory issues. I somehow manage to make everything from scratch, use fresh produce, work full-time and take care of my DD. How do I pull it off? Planning, and it really only takes about 15 minutes to put together a stir-fry or about 30 minutes to bake something.  I do this 3 meals a day, every day. No short cuts. Lori would freak. We never hear of Lori cooking 3 meals a day, 7 days a week.

When I was growing up, my mother set aside a whole Saturday to make chili. She was a single working mother with four kids, so she often cooked three big batches of a main dish for the week and we kind of rotated the meals (chili, sloppy joes, spaghetti) and added sides each night. 

Anyway, because she set aside a whole day for chili, that is what I did when I first got married. I also cooked as though I was making it for four teenagers and an adult because that's all I knew. After forty five minutes, my chili was done and I was confused. 

WHAT?!? It's not even noon and the chili is done?  Mama said it took all day!! The only difference I could think of was that she used whole stewed tomatoes and crushed them into the soup. I used diced canned tomatoes; but still? Finishing FIVE HOURS EARLY?? What had I done wrong?  I called my mom and asked. 

She laughed and said "Oh; I just liked to let it simmer all day and sit on the couch reading while I smelled the chili. It does not take all day."

Okay, then. Good to know.  Now I know I can always start chili at four and have it ready for six o'clock supper. I have yet to make chili for two and still make it for five or more. 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

I LOVVVVEEEE my crock pot.  Best thing ever?  Mix some classic soda (Coke), Savory Pot Roast Seasoning Mix (McCormick), Au Jus Gravy Mix (McCormick), and pour it over a tender roast and tons of baby carrots. I let it cook all day and then serve it with homemade mashed potatoes or rice, and corn on the cob when it's in season and fresh.

Probably not the healthiest thing on earth, but it's a lot more filling than a Big Salad.

I also like to take a box of yellow cake mix, top it with a stick of melted butter (mix them together with a fork), and then pour a lg. can of cherry or blueberry pie filling and some wal-nuts on top of that.  Cook on low for 4 hours and serve over ice-cream.  It's super rich, but so good.   

Lori's posts are just kind of boring these days.  She's said it all before, and mostly I am just grateful for the life I have when I read the things she writes.

Oh, dump cake! My mom used to make that, only she'd put it in the oven rather than the Crock Pot! Delicious stuff, too.

eta: And I recently discovered that I could make lasagna in my slow cooker. Granted, it's not quite the same as an oven-baked lasagna, but it is easier for me to throw together, and the kids love it just the same. 

My husband does 85% of the cooking in our house. And most of the grocery shopping. And he shares the cleaning. We both work. We have a crock pot we use a lot, and a bench-top convection oven that makes oven roasting quick and easy. We also have a very tight grocery budget, something I'm pretty sure Lori has no experience with. 

8 hours ago, Koala said:

May I ask how much liquid you add? This sounds delicious but I'm no good at improv in the slow cooker!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived