IGNORED

Lori Alexander 15: Leaving A Fire With Her Makeup Bag

choralcrusader8613

So regarding this Spirit inside you bit, what happens if the wife's is telling her "he'll, no, he cannot spank a grown woman like a child?"

I guess the husband would outrule hers. My response if this discussion ever came up - try it once, buddy, and you are out the door for good! Seriously I got spanked enough as a kid. It built up a lot of resentment and anger toward my parents.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I said, "Oh, silly things, really. Women weren't created in the image of God and Scripture was only given to men."

I should share these small doctrinal disagreements at housegroup this week. Let's see what responses I get ;) 

Honestly, my question to these men is, why is this so important to you? I think I know the real answer, but it would be fun to hear what they come up with to cover the truth that they simply want to prove women are lesser beings and created to be used by men.

10 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

So regarding this Spirit inside you bit, what happens if the wife's is telling her "he'll, no, he cannot spank a grown woman like a child?"

I guess the husband would outrule hers. My response if this discussion ever came up - try it once, buddy, and you are out the door for good! Seriously I got spanked enough as a kid. It built up a lot of resentment and anger toward my parents.

Well of course! He's the head! 

Regarding all this "domestic discipline" business... my only response is: I wish a muthah'fer would. 

My dad, being 16 years older & from a different generation & mindset, tried that ONCE with my mother. They hadn't been married but a couple years & my sister was a small child. Mom was a stay at home, southern, Catholic wife. Something went wrong, wasn't done, etc. He raised his hand to my mom. She took up a cast iron skillet, backed him into a corner & offered to help him meet his God & told him that since he was so much older than she, she could wait. She would have the funeral home hold his body in state longer than 3 days & cremate him so he couldn't be raised up at the rapture. (His family believed the three day rule followed Christ's resurrection). 

It terrified him. He never hit her or physically disciplined my sister or me. My mom is a decade older than Lori. So her "days of old" crap can go to hell with the rest of it.

Have I mentioned she's a spoiled ass bitch? 

I think Lori has Ken stepping very lightly around Dave and all of her other precious mra followers.  Ken made that one comment to Dave, but with anyone else he would have argued until his fingers fell off.  He never replied to Dave's response either.  Lori's not having any part of him running off the man who tells her how beautiful she is.

I remember back when Lori's post went viral.  She went to Dalrock's blog and pretty much apologized for the fact that Ken was a big ol' people pleaser (and not in a good way).  I think she's embarrassed by him.

Ken says c.r.a.z.y shit, but I think he's more conscience of what people think of him than Lori is. While she's busy "guiding the home" via her computer, he actually has to go out into the world. Don't get me wrong.  He's just a disgusting as she is, he is just more apt to try to hide it.

I think that Lori's blog as we see it today, is heading in the direction she's been steering it in for years.  She's got Command Men falling at her feet, telling her how beautiful she is, and asking questions about sex and spanking their wives.  She has a shiny new rule that she'll delete anyone who doesn't kiss her ass, and she's even gone as far as to edit people's comments so that it looks like they agree with her when they don't.  She's finally brave enough to hint that she'd like to see women lose their right to vote, and she's clearly stated that getting the shit beat out of you is not grounds for divorce.  

She makes me sick, but she is probably absolutely thrilled with the way this has all turned out.

I can't help but wonder how many of Ken's business associates and people who know them irl are watching this and talking about them behind their backs.   Hell, even the church told Lori to keep her trap shut while she was on their property.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

He raised his hand to my mom. She took up a cast iron skillet, backed him into a corner & offered to help him meet his God & told him that since he was so much older than she, she could wait.

I'm guessing your mama was not a woman to be trifled with...

4 hours ago, Koala said:

I think that Lori's blog as we see it today, is heading in the direction she's been steering it in for years.  She's got Command Men falling at her feet, telling her how beautiful she is, and asking questions about sex and spanking their wives.  

I think that's what she wants. Why else would she allow these men to post insulting, unbiblical stuff while silencing any woman that protests against them?  

But no, godly Lori doesn't teach men, she's chaste and pure, ever submissive, never gossips and is always rejoicing in the truth.  She should know that pride comes before the fall, that you reap what you sow, and that the truth has a way of coming into the light.  I guess she might as well enjoy her success with the men while it lasts.  

4 hours ago, Koala said:

She's busy "guiding the home" via her computer

Oh, I love this! 

Is it just me, or has Lori deleted a whole lot of comments from off her blog recently? I'm even wondering if she's deleted entire blog posts. Or am I going crazy?

21 minutes ago, KDA said:

Is it just me, or has Lori deleted a whole lot of comments from off her blog recently? I'm even wondering if she's deleted entire blog posts. Or am I going crazy?

I wouldn't put it past her. Lori is a weird, weird woman.

1 hour ago, KDA said:

From the current blog or the old one? I was actually thinking her current blog has had a lot more comments recently, but I could be wrong.

While I was searching for blog posts that Lori may have deleted, I came across this website where Lori made some comments.

http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014/08/mark-driscoll-mess-tells-us-marriage/

Lori Alexander on August 28, 2014 at 3:57 pm

This will be my last comment on any of your posts dealing with this issue, Sheila, since this is your blog and you have every right to teach what you feel is biblical. I know you love Jesus and desire to please Him with you ministry. I won’t argue this with you anymore, but I just want to say a few things before I quit. I have some women who constantly argue with me on a certain topic I teach and it gets wearisome and I don’t want to become a burden to you.

I agree with you when you write: “Lording power over others and exercising authority excessively is not praised by Jesus, and we are not told to emulate that. Instead, we are all called to serve. If both husband and wife were committed to serving, everyone would do better.”

I have yet to mentor a woman who has a controlling husband who demands submission. I do not teach husband leadership as much as I teach wifely submission, as submission must in its be voluntary, whether to Christ, an elder or a husband. My desire is to see Christian marriages everywhere taste without fear what God clearly designs in a marriage. To point to flawed leadership as an excuse to monitor, hold accountable and be wary of a husband, seems counter to what I read and see in the Bible.

Can we not let the exceptions speak for themselves without demanding that wives everywhere be wary of giving absolute control to their godly husbands? If we must, let’s separate out the godly men from those who are not godly, but for those who are true followers of Christ Jesus, can we not announce boldly and definitively that we as godly wives desire to give them absolute leadership in our lives so that they can truly love us in turn as Christ loves the church? No buyback’s, no caveats and no caution is necessary for any truly Christian couple. Then only when or if a husband starts acting unchristian then we go seek godly wise counsel for the exception to the rule. Should we not deal with the exceptions on an individual basis between pastor, elder or godly older woman wisely counseling the wife as to what it means to “win a disobedient husband without a word, by her chaste and godly behavior?”

Out of the thousand or so of couples I know, or have heard from, it is few to none that have a difficult, domineering or demanding husband who insist on complete submission, yet I can also think of only a small number of women who have ever come to a place of true heartfelt submission to their husbands. I am still a work in progress in this area of my life married to a very godly, generous man! If there is a danger lurking for most Christian marriages it is generally not a husband who is a tyrant, as tyranny does not fit with godliness, but instead it is the subtle danger of a wife never arriving at what she truly wants in life, oneness with her husband based on God’s design for a marriage. All because she is afraid that is she throws herself fully into submission he may take advantage or she may not get her way.

P.S. I believe it is God that teaches radical submission, not the Pearls when God commands wives to be subject to their husbands in EVERYTHING!

I like the irony of how Lori can post long and critical comments in other blogs, but she refuses similar comments in her own blog. Thank goodness she changed the name from Always Learning to The Transformed Wife. (sarcasm)

19 minutes ago, Joyce said:

While I was searching for blog posts that Lori may have deleted, I came across this website where Lori made some comments.

I like the irony of how Lori can post long and critical comments in other blogs, but she refuses similar comments in her own blog. Thank goodness she changed the name from Always Learning to The Transformed Wife.

Oh yes, the double standards.  I was going to post a link to that blog as an example of Lori's "pooping" in other people's yards. She won't allow dissent on her blog, but does she ever like to argue, contradict and cause confusion on other people's blogs!

Sheila is a much better and gracious teacher who actually seems to care about her readers, unlike Lori.  Lori could learn a thing or two from her, but she probably won't because she thinks she's better and "more biblical".  Whatever.  

I don't think I understand that last sentence. 

I doubt though Lori would ever see any of her comments as poop. They are meant as gentle rebukes! Plus, if Shelia allows the critical comments, the poop, that is her problem, not Lori's. 

I love how she says she knows thousands of couples. Yeah, right.  There is also a post from Lori where she talks about feminine women don't try to get in the last word. Yet that is what she did hear "just a few things before I quit". 

Thank goodness she changed the name from Always Learning to The Transformed Wife.

It's sarcasm so I edited the post. It also means that it's bad form even for Lori to call her blog Always Learning when she deletes comments that are critical or just long, so it's better for her to use The Transformed Wife. She can call her blog and book, "The Power of a Submitting Wife". Just like Stormie Omartian. :) 

I'll make an experiment on the comment policy. Let's see how this goes.

Thanks, onemama and Always Discerning. I read Dalrock and some of the Christian MRA. The good thing about them is that they are consistent and know their Bible. The bad thing is that they can be extreme. But now Lori is more extreme than them.

43 minutes ago, Joyce said:

I like the irony of how Lori can post long and critical comments in other blogs, but she refuses similar comments in her own blog. Thank goodness she changed the name from Always Learning to The Transformed Wife. (sarcasm)

That sounds like one of Ken's walls o'text. This bit is especially hilarious, somehow I bet @Koala could find quotes of Lori teaching men leadership. And Ken advised Ben to read Lori's post.

I have yet to mentor a woman who has a controlling husband who demands submission. I do not teach husband leadership as much as I teach wifely submission, as submission must in its be voluntary, whether to Christ, an elder or a husband.

If it's a sentence with no names of critical commenters, a comment on Lori's blog will be published in seconds. Maybe I'm just waiting for Lori to block me, so that I can focus on my real life.

14 hours ago, Koala said:

I think that Lori's blog as we see it today, is heading in the direction she's been steering it in for years.  She's got Command Men falling at her feet, telling her how beautiful she is, and asking questions about sex and spanking their wives.

9 hours ago, onemama said:

But no, godly Lori doesn't teach men, she's chaste and pure ...

Yes ... wallowing in all this vulgar attention from men who aren't her husband, discussing sex in explicit detail (but not "in public" or in person!, oh no, not that!) ... she's such a pure, chaste woman of the faith.

Meanwhile, she slut-shames women from here to eternity for wearing yoga pants. You know, I think Lori has some serious issues with the green-eyed monster. It explains why she wears short dresses with plunging necklines while putting other women on blast about modesty. SHE can walk around garnering male attention all day long, but she can't bear for any other woman to be prettier than she is. Aging must be a bitch for her.

Lori's post today is from something she found on facebook that she got permission to share, but there is no link to give credit to anyone specifically. So the below quotes are NOT Lori's words:

So I have two messages for you ladies out there. Did you know there are a whole lot of things you can do around the house if you put your mind to it? You do not need to wait till your husband comes home to do it because more than ever I realize how hard a man’s work is, and how much we take for granted. He too gets tired and who will comfort him? Do you have any idea what it does to me when I hear wives say, “Oh, but my husband just doesn’t help much around the house, and oh, he just isn’t very strict with the children in their training like he should be. That’s why they are so loud and rowdy.” You know what I instantly think? You are one ungrateful woman … Nope, I will not even call you a lady because a lady does not talk like that.

Yeah, not a lady if you ask for help....got it. 

I wish the wives everywhere would honor and love their husbands, and realize it is their only taste of heaven here on earth. If you won your husband in the first place, stop and consider how you did it. Was it with a smile or a frown? Did you stop smiling? Did you start saying, “Are you ever going to help with the children? I had them all day and am tired it’s your turn?” Don’t you think he is tired as well?

Husbands are our only taste of heaven? That is just weird. And I hate this talking about if you won your husband like its a competition. I won him to the Lord! Tsk Tsk the women who don't win their husbands. 

Imagine if you went outside for a day and did a man’s work going up and down a ladder with tools and lumber and metal. Would you feel tired? Now consider this. After you come in that front door, would you want to be greeted with a smiling or a sour face? Which one would motivate you with just a bit more energy?

Now consider this, be glad you only need to be a house keeper and get to mother your little ones. Be glad you have a husband who gets the job of supporting you. Be glad that you don’t have to worry about making the money on top of mothering. Be glad you get to be a help meet. You are there to help, not drain. You are created to meet his need. You are the one he choose. Can’t you just let that alone bring joy to your heart?

As if mothering little ones is soooooo much easier. Seriously, both men and women have their burdens. Yes man's works is hard, but so is woman's in different ways. Its not as physically demanding, but emotionally, OMG. 

What I’m saying is, please do not take your husband for granted, and please do not let me hear you complain. If it hurts me, imagine how it makes God feel…There is nothing I enjoy more then to see a couple being loving to each other. There are some who wonder if that’s not painful for me to see and honestly, no it is not, but it pains me to see them not get along.

Oh this is interesting.

Meg says:

February 26, 2017 at 12:21 pm

It can be good to know how men think in general, but it is important to remember knowing how your husband thinks is what really matters. Women need to learn her own husband’s mind and ways rather than focus on what specific men say they want.

Lori Alexander says:

February 26, 2017 at 2:10 pm

There are a lot of men who are afraid to tell their wives what they really think for fear of being labeled a “pervert” or worse, Meg. Women tend to be overly sensitive and don’t want to know how men think because it will “hurt their feelings.”

Really goes to show how she buys into the MRA mentality. That is totally something they would say. I guess its better to listen to Trey and Dave then your husband, because most likely your husband is too much of a chicken to tell you what he wants. So that is why having Trey and Dave there is so important. I would have thought Lori would have agreed with the commenter, but wow she really sounds like she isn't too keen on women going to their own husbands. 

2 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

That sounds like one of Ken's walls o'text. This bit is especially hilarious, somehow I bet @Koala could find quotes of Lori teaching men leadership. And Ken advised Ben to read Lori's post.

It's absolutely one of Ken's walls o' text. Lori has never written anything so long, with such convoluted sentences. If I had any doubt while reading that load of word vomit, this paragraph would have screamed KEN!!! at me:

Can we not let the exceptions speak for themselves without demanding that wives everywhere be wary of giving absolute control to their godly husbands? If we must, let’s separate out the godly men from those who are not godly, but for those who are true followers of Christ Jesus, can we not announce boldly and definitively that we as godly wives desire to give them absolute leadership in our lives so that they can truly love us in turn as Christ loves the church? No buyback’s, no caveats and no caution is necessary for any truly Christian couple. Then only when or if a husband starts acting unchristian then we go seek godly wise counsel for the exception to the rule. Should we not deal with the exceptions on an individual basis between pastor, elder or godly older woman wisely counseling the wife as to what it means to “win a disobedient husband without a word, by her chaste and godly behavior?”

That particular bit of grammatical conceit is classic Ken. Not to mention the entire paragraph is a diatribe against 'exceptions,' one of his two favourite things to pounce on in the comments to Lori's posts (the other thing, of course, being sex).

The only thing missing from that whole comment is the other classic Ken-ism: "You bet!"  :roll:

38 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I wish the wives everywhere would honor and love their husbands, and realize it is their only taste of heaven here on earth

39 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Husbands are our only taste of heaven? That is just weird.

Yeah, it's the weird husband idolatry that Lori promotes and Dave and Trey expound on. Dave has gone as far as to say that the husband is God's representative in the home and that wives should worship their husbands.  

42 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Imagine if you went outside for a day and did a man’s work going up and down a ladder with tools and lumber and metal.

I know plenty of men who have jobs that don't involve going up and down ladders all day with tools and lumber and metal.  Some even have desk jobs.

43 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Now consider this, be glad you only need to be a house keeper and get to mother your little ones. Be glad you have a husband who gets the job of supporting you. Be glad that you don’t have to worry about making the money on top of mothering. Be glad you get to be a help meet. You are there to help, not drain. You are created to meet his need. You are the one he choose. Can’t you just let that alone bring joy to your heart?

Being a house keeper is not always a light and easy job. With kids, it never ends!  As for the rest, it goes both ways.  These husbands she's talking about should also be glad that they have a wife who frees them to go out and pursue a career and should know that their wives have been at work for the most part of the day.  Husbands are there to carry the load with their wives, not to drain or complain either. Being "the leader" doesn't mean your wife should serve you hand and foot. Remember whom you're supposed to be imitating, the Servant King, who didn't come to be served but to serve.  

In a Christian marriage, there shouldn't be all this stupid bickering, complaing and pitting one spouse against the other.  Both should be mutually caring for each other, doing their best to raise their family and working towards unity.  Most families I know are too busy doing their jobs to have time for all this role playing nonsense.  

Just get on with living life! 

56 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Imagine if you went outside for a day and did a man’s work going up and down a ladder with tools and lumber and metal. Would you feel tired? Now consider this. After you come in that front door, would you want to be greeted with a smiling or a sour face? Which one would motivate you with just a bit more energy?

Newsflash, Lori:  Many women do go outside every day and do a man's work(and some even go up and down a ladder with tools and lumber and metal!  Imagine that!). And then they go home and be a housekeeper and mother their little ones.

3 hours ago, Joyce said:

Thanks, onemama and Always Discerning. I read Dalrock and some of the Christian MRA. The good thing about them is that they are consistent and know their Bible. The bad thing is that they can be extreme. But now Lori is more extreme than them.

I'd say that their knowledge of the Bible actually makes them worse and more dangerous. They are twisting the Bible, you know.   They go on and on about how a husband is head, leader, ruler, but where in the Bible are husbands told to exercise authority, lead or rule over their wives?  Dalrock and company insult men who disagree with them. 

The apostle Paul said that no amount of knowledge and understanding could make up for lack of love. The supposedly "Christian" Manosphere doesn't believe the main instruction they've been given is to love their wives. 

Yes, Lori is extreme, and she's worse than all of them together for hosting their conversation on her blog.  She's letting these men verbally attack women and spew their venom against women. She gladly accepts compliments with no regard for the wives of the men who are complimenting her.  Wives they complain about on her blog.  In my opinion, Lori has lost all credibility as a "titus 2 woman". 

3 hours ago, Joyce said:

The bad thing about them is that they hate women, blame them for everything including cancer, view them only as sexual objects, and search their bibles for excuses to blame women for their problems. 

I don't find them consistent at all. Far from it. One minute they are blaming women for taking all "their" jobs. The next, they are complaining that housewives are lazy and have it too good, sitting around all day at home.

One minute they want all women at home "for the sake of the kids." The next minute, they're complaining that their evil ex-wife wants alimony to stay at home with the kids.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived