IGNORED

Alternative Facts with Kellyanne Conway

iweartanktops

19 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Since Kellyanne had to talk about microwaves turning into phones:

kellyanne_microwave.JPG

Oh Kelly you sycophantic twit, you don't know how bad it can get. My desk and the lamp shade are conspiring against me and I just can't sleep at night.

• Upvote 11

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:36 PM, onekidanddone said:

Chem trails. Don't forget about the chem trails.

Inspector Gadget? Microwaves? She is just as bat shit crazy as her boss.

Everyone knows she'd be Penny, not Inspector Gadget.

http://inspectorgadget.wikia.com/wiki/Penny

Penny likes to secretly help Inspector Gadget out with his missions, despite him always getting the credit afterwards.

Penny is Gadget's cute and tomboyish yet very beautiful niece and she secretly solves his cases for him, which Gadget is totally unaware of.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Fur from some endangered species tangerine's sons shot from a helicopter?

No, it's beaver and fox fur. I'm sure that wouldn't be fun for tweedledumb and tweedledumber. They only like "big game". I probably should have included a trigger warning as the picture might inspire vomiting, it's that creepy. I think she looks like she's a statue at Madame Tussaud's

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 3

Something about that pic reminds me of Wallis Simpson.  If only she couLD get old King Trump to abdicate...

• Upvote 3

On 3/15/2017 at 9:17 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

OMG, love Kellyanne's Glamor Shot! What an odd pose. However, I hate that she's wearing fur.

It looks like she's auditioning for the role of an evil queen in a Disney movie. 

But go on Kelly Anne Con(fused), and be the star you imagine you were.

IMG_0833.JPG

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 8

"Kellyanne Conway’s spouse headed for senior Justice Department post"

The husband of White House adviser Kellyanne Conway is poised to be nominated to lead the Justice Department’s civil division, a powerful post overseeing the federal government’s lawsuits on a wide variety of issues, including defending President Trump’s executive order on immigration.

White House officials plan in coming days to announce the nomination of George Conway, a New York lawyer, according to people familiar with the matter.

Conway has worked for decades at the law firm of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, specializing in securities litigation and other corporate legal issues. His name had repeatedly surfaced as being under consideration for a number of jobs at the Justice Department, including solicitor general, who oversees the government’s cases before the Supreme Court. His expected nomination to lead the civil division was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

The Justice Department’s civil division is an important but mostly behind-the-scenes part of the government. Its lawyers are responsible for defending federal policies and agencies in court, and for pursuing alleged wrongdoing by corporations.

During the Obama administration, the civil division racked up tens of billions of dollars’ worth of financial penalties against major corporations. Some of those settlements resolved probes of international banks for their handling of residential mortgage-backed securities that contributed to the financial collapse of 2008. Other settlements stemmed from investigations into whether pharmaceutical companies sold billions of dollars of prescription drugs under false pretenses.

I have a feeling that the civil division will no longer be racking up billions of dollars' worth of penalties against major corporations, since Agent Orange and his cronies wouldn't stand for businesses to be penalized for wrongdoing.

• Upvote 6

I've found an incredibly interesting article on Conjob. It's very, very long, but also very revealing and although I haven't finished reading it yet, it's been well worth the read so far. 

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/03/kellyanne-conway-trumps-first-lady.html?mid=nymag_press

What jumped up at me straight away when I read it was this bit:

I have two friends, who both — well, one is Ann Coulter. She started dating her security guard probably ten years ago because she couldn’t see anybody else,” Conway said. “And you know Rebekah Mercer?” she asked, referring to the Republican megadonor who, with her father, Robert, bankrolled Trump’s campaign and pushed to install Conway as its campaign manager. 

So there you have it. Another tie to Mercer. And now we know why she's in the White House.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

I've found an incredibly interesting article on Conjob. It's very, very long, but also very revealing and although I haven't finished reading it yet, it's been well worth the read so far. 

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/03/kellyanne-conway-trumps-first-lady.html?mid=nymag_press

So there you have it. Another tie to Mercer. And now we know why she's in the White House.

Why would anyone admit to being friends with Ann Coulter?

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, JMarie said:

If your dumb enough to hitch your wagon to the Tangerine Toddler Train, then nothing surprises me.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

The Mercer family, Bannon, and Conway have ties that go way back. They all belong to one of those far-right policy groups with a benign sounding name that escapes me at the moment.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

On another FJ thread these has been discussion of bullies in Middle School. Yea, Ann Coulter fits the bill.  She was one then.  She is one now.  A shock jock who spewers froth racist, bigoted  hate filled bile just before she has a new book coming out.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering what Kellyanne had been up to recently, since I haven't seen her on TV. I logged onto Politico, and, voila, there she is: "Kellyanne Conway strays from media critique to praise some print reporters"

Kellyanne Conway briefly strayed from the White House's long-standing critiques of the media Wednesday to deliver a rare bit of praise to certain print outlets for what she called improving coverage, bristling especially at the characterization that the president dislikes a top New York Times reporter.

Speaking at the Newseum to Hollywood Reporter columnist Michael Wolff, Conway said she gives the media an “incomplete” grade for their coverage of President Donald Trump's administration thus far, saying it's too early to judge. It was likely a more generous grade than several of her White House colleagues would offer.

And though she repeated her complaints from the campaign trail about bias in journalists’ Twitter feeds, Conway said she had noticed some print reporters have changed they way they’ve covered President Trump versus candidate Trump.

"There are some print journalists particularly who have taken the time to try to get to know this president and how he operates and who he is and some of the senior administration officials, and they’re doing much better, in my view, of covering the White House,” Conway said.

Conway seemed to hint that at least one of those journalists was the New York Times’ Maggie Haberman. When Wolff said Trump had told him he dislikes the reporter, Conway said that was “not true” and defended Haberman, who recently interviewed the president in the Oval Office.

"She's a very hardworking, honest journalist who happens to be a very good person,” Conway said, clearly frustrated.

But Conway also criticized most of the media, especially television, for its herd mentality. The press corps all tend to ask the same questions, Conway complained.

"They judge [the president] according to their predisposed beliefs about what motivates him, what his personality is, how he makes decisions, what’s important to him thematically and issues-wise, and I just think a lot of the right questions aren’t being asked. The comfort in sameness has an effect where people are afraid to go first,” Conway said.

Conway also said she disagreed with some of the language used toward reporters by her colleagues, notably White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, who declared the media the “opposition party."

"I do want to say that some of the words being used to describe [the press], which you are repeating, I have not used. I think it’s very important in a healthy democracy to have a free and a fair press,” Conway told Wolff. "Part of that democracy too though is to have a presidency, no matter who the occupant is, shown respect and shown an openness to really cover all the items that he has put forth and his considerable accomplishment in the first 80-some days that have really gone uncovered.”

Asked if there was a disconnect between a White House that has been openly hostile toward the media — but still seems eager to talk to reporters — Conway seemed to jab at some of her colleagues.

"I have noticed if you’re someone who says they never talk to the media, you’re really free to talk to the media as much as you want," she said. "Because no one would suspect you’re talking to the media, which is fascinating.”

To the bolded: gee, Kellyanne, maybe if your boss and the rest of his sycophants would actually answer questions, the press corps wouldn't have to keep asking the same questions.

• Upvote 5

48 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I was wondering what Kellyanne had been up to recently, since I haven't seen her on TV. I logged onto Politico, and, voila, there she is: "Kellyanne Conway strays from media critique to praise some print reporters"

Hell, I was starting to think they had her in a cage in the basement of the White House, and an intern came by a couple of times a day to shove a Hot Pocket and a soda at her. 

• Upvote 11

On 3/21/2017 at 5:33 PM, Cartmann99 said:

The Mercer family, Bannon, and Conway have ties that go way back. They all belong to one of those far-right policy groups with a benign sounding name that escapes me at the moment.

I'd be curious to know if the Mercers are Roman Catholic, like Bannon and Conway. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Howl said:

I'd be curious to know if the Mercers are Roman Catholic, like Bannon and Conway. 

If the Mercers are Roman Catholic, my guess is that that their parish is an extremely conservative one. I mean like the ones that don't consider Pope Francis to be the "real" Pope because he's too liberal for them. 

"Conway calls on Democratic party leaders to calm violent anti-Trump protesters"

Kellyanne Conway on Monday chalked up a fresh wave of protests directed at President Donald Trump over the weekend, some of which turned violent, as attempts by stubborn liberals to relitigate last year’s presidential election.

It should fall to the leaders of the Democratic Party, the counselor to the president said, to quell the violence that has marred some anti-Trump demonstrations.

“Six months after Donald Trump won 306 electoral votes, you have people still trying to make it go away, and this is the president. This is the people’s house. This is their government,” Conway said on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends” in an interview from the south lawn of the White House.

“I would love to hear the new DNC chairman, Tom Perez, Bernie Sanders, the Democratic senator from Vermont, who are going out on the road starting today, and I would love to hear Hillary Clinton, who lost to Donald Trump handily,” she continued. “I would love to hear them come forward as leaders of the Democratic Party and tell the people to stop. They have a right to express their First Amendment beliefs but at the same time, violence is not going to get us anywhere.”

Around the country, demonstrators marched last Saturday in opposition to Trump, using tax day — April 15 — to demand that the president make his tax returns public, something he has refused to do because he says he is under audit. At one rally in Berkeley, California, anti-Trump protesters clashed with supporters of the president, leading to 21 arrests.

On Twitter, Trump launched an Easter Sunday flurry of posts complaining about the protests and suggesting that marchers had been paid, although he offered no evidence to support that claim.

"I did what was an almost an impossible thing to do for a Republican-easily won the Electoral College! Now Tax Returns are brought up again?" the president tweeted. "Someone should look into who paid for the small organized rallies yesterday. The election is over!"

Conway, who often raises last year’s election results during media interviews, said Democrats should be focused on finding common ground with Trump. “This is a country that needs to be governed now,” she said, praising the president and Vice President Mike Pence for moving forward on campaign promises.

“I would love to hear democratic leaders of the party, instead of still talking about the election, move forward and help us negotiate,” she said. “Help us get some Democratic votes on tax reform and health care reform and infrastructure.”

Um, Ms. Conjob? You'll get Democratic votes when you present something reasonable. The crap coming out of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and Paul Ryan's/Bitch McTurtle's offices couldn't be considered reasonable under any stretch of the imagination.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"I did what was an almost an impossible thing to do for a Republican-easily won the Electoral College!

Almost impossible? Our last two Republican presidents won because of the EC.

• Upvote 10

26 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Almost impossible? Our last two Republican presidents won because of the EC.

I know, he's so delusional. He has a very convenient memory.

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Conway calls on Democratic party leaders to calm violent anti-Trump protesters"

Um, Ms. Conjob? You'll get Democratic votes when you present something reasonable. The crap coming out of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and Paul Ryan's/Bitch McTurtle's offices couldn't be considered reasonable under any stretch of the imagination.

Bless her heart, Kellyanne's memory is deteriorating faster than an ice cube on a sidewalk in August. Poor thing doesn't even remember the tea partiers who protested after President Obama was elected. Sad!

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I know, he's so delusional. He has a very convenient memory.

That's what happens when you live in the dimension of alternative facts.

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

"Kellyanne Conway still seems out of the White House loop"

Kellyanne Conway hasn't cited any imaginary massacres lately or coined another phrase as clumsy as “alternative facts,” but her television appearances remain plagued by a persistent problem: She seems out of the White House loop.

On “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday, Conway, whose title is counselor to the president, was unable to provide insight into President Trump's thinking on tax reform, border security and the federal budget. Here's one exchange with Brian Kilmeade:

KILMEADE: Now, Kellyanne, it seems like you’re doing immigration reform little by little. Let’s bolster the border. Let’s get rid of the criminals. Next thing you know, you could end up at comprehensive, only did it phase by phase. Could that same approach be with taxes, when — when most Democrats and Republicans agree the corporate rate should be lower and find out different things that can be done that they agree on and then build up? Or are you looking to do everything at once?

CONWAY: Well, the president has promised this will be the most dramatic tax reform relief package in decades — literally since President Reagan, and some say even bolder than that. And so, as you know, secretaries Mnuchin and Ross, and Gary Cohn, and the president, of course, are working very hard on this. And that’s — and all options are on the table, but these meetings are happening this week, as well. Um, also today, Governor Christie is in town; he’s the head of the president’s commission on opioid and drug addiction.

This is a classic example of Conway's three-step process for deflecting a question she doesn't know the answer to.

1. Paraphrase something the president already said.

2. Borrow a phrase from the banality bank. “Working very hard” and “all options are on the table” will do nicely.

3. Change the subject.

At the end of Conway's 72-second answer (which was longer than the excerpt above), viewers still had no idea whether Trump's strategy is to reform the tax code piece by piece or in one fell swoop.

Finally, Steve Doocy asked about a major sticking point in budget negotiations:

DOOCY: So, Kellyanne, one of the things about the budget that’s unresolved is whether or not Republicans want to include payments to health insurers to keep Obamacare afloat. Is that money going in there?

CONWAY: Well, that’s being discussed this week. Again, all options are on the table, obviously, and the president and Director [Mick] Mulvaney and others have expressed confidence that the government will not be shut down, that they’ll be able to avoid a shutdown, and that’s a huge priority. But all of these — you know, the Democrats have made their demands, and the Republicans control the White House, the House and the Senate and understand how important it is to have this budget and the shutdown averted.

Aaand we're back to “all options are on the table.”

Recall what Mulvaney said on Bloomberg TV on Friday: “We'd offer $1 of payments for $1 of wall payments right now. That is the offer we have given to our Democratic colleagues.”

Clearly not all options are on the table, because that deal is off the table. Because on Monday, Trump withdrew his demand for wall payments. Do Republicans have a new proposal? Conway didn't seem to know the status of negotiations.

When MSNBC's “Morning Joe,” a “Fox & Friends” competitor, said in February that it would no longer book Conway as a guest, co-host Joe Scarborough said, “She's in none of the key meetings. … She's just saying things, just to get in front of the TV set and prove her relevance because behind the scenes — behind the scenes, she's not in these meetings.”

Two months later, Conway does not appear any more plugged in than she did then.

I guess she chewed through her leash so she could start appearing on TV again.

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic