IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy - Social Media Silence

choralcrusader8613

@VeganCupcake I'm also shocked that he never thought to learn Spanish prior to now, unless they neglected to ever mention that.  It seems incredibly important.  Didn't he say in the episode where the Duggars met the Vuolos in Laredo that 97% of the town is Hispanic?

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, JMO said:

@VeganCupcake I'm also shocked that he never thought to learn Spanish prior to now, unless they neglected to ever mention that.  It seems incredibly important.  Didn't he say in the episode where the Duggars met the Vuolos in Laredo that 97% of the town is Hispanic?

I looked it up and it's a majority Spanish speaking community (I guess people will be bilingual, maybe?) http://www.areavibes.com/laredo-tx/demographics/

(idk how accurate this source is, but it's saying it's a 90-10 Spanish-English split, so that's a high proportion regardless)

1 hour ago, meowmeow19 said:

I hope I don't sound cranky ( in my defense I do have norovirus at the moment), but can we start talking about nail polish or something? Isn't that what we use to do back in the day when conversations either got too heated or went on too long. Maybe it's me, but I doubt another version of the 50+ posts directed at vegancupcake is going to change her decision if the previous 50+ posts haven't already.

Anyone know how to get electric blue nail polish out of $2k worth of new carpet? Or would it just be easier to replace the teenage girl who spilled it. Not even spilled our new kitty knocked it off DDs desk as she was doing her nails, and as she tried to grab it she smacked it flinging across her bedroom out and her door. Of course it was a brand new bottle so it was full and flowed nicely. Fortunately I work for a janitorial company that works on floors, unfortunately they can't get to it today or tomorrow and this happened last night. 

28 minutes ago, JMO said:

So this is an off shoot of the debate, and I agree it's time to move on, but when I read about this it fascinated me.  There are actually two case reports of young women who got pregnant despite not having vaginas.  In one case she was having oral sex with her boyfriend and when she turned up pregnant they discovered she had a fistula (connection) from her GI tract to her uterus that was previously unknown.  The other was having anal sex and also had a fistula, her's was just lower down.  Sometimes life has a way of procreating no matter what.  

What the hell?! Some women can't get pregnant despite the best science can offer, and other women have secret pathways between the digestive and reproductive systems?! Also, I've never heard of anyone having a uterus but not a vagina; a vagina without a uterus is much more common. Had they had their vaginas removed because of disease?

16 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Anyone know how to get electric blue nail polish out of $2k worth of new carpet? Or would it just be easier to replace the teenage girl who spilled it. Not even spilled our new kitty knocked it off DDs desk as she was doing her nails, and as she tried to grab it she smacked it flinging across her bedroom out and her door. Of course it was a brand new bottle so it was full and flowed nicely. Fortunately I work for a janitorial company that works on floors, unfortunately they can't get to it today or tomorrow and this happened last night. 

Oh I feel for you! You can try acetone but if you have synthetic carpet it might degrade it a bit. Maybe the old fashion vinegar, lemon, ammonia? If it's not in a high traffic area you might be able to patch it from some closet carpet. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I swear by a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, water,and dish soap.  It's taken long-standing tea stains out of my carpet.  I googled and it said peroxide would work for nail polish as well.

I would just be careful and do a little spot test first.

1 hour ago, seraaa said:

I looked it up and it's a majority Spanish speaking community (I guess people will be bilingual, maybe?) http://www.areavibes.com/laredo-tx/demographics/

(idk how accurate this source is, but it's saying it's a 90-10 Spanish-English split, so that's a high proportion regardless)

I'm sure some are bilingual, it's a tourist area...Nuevo Laredo just across the border, like right there, and I think it's even larger than Laredo...so probably most of the locals were at least raised Catholic, and that Spanish is their main, if not only, language

2 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

So true! Jessa & Ben have a lot of free time on their hands with minimal responsibility. Jeremy has an actual demanding job. What a moron though to JUST NOW be saying maybe they will learn Spanish. How many months gas Hebron been pastor of this on-the-border church again??? 

I'm not joking if that's what you mean. When we first got together he said he would do the pullout and I asked if he would finish inside if I got on hormonal bc, & he said no it's still too risky. So I just figured whatever, maybe this is the common consensus. I have also hooked up with a couple guys prior to this relationship who begged to take off the condon (I said no) knowing that I'm not on bc. So it must be kinda common?? But like I said, I will take everyone's advice to heart! I'm shocked at all the various ways people got pregnant in this thread. 

Btw we are not some sort of rural ignorant bumpkins, we live in a major world class city. 

One dude I was considering sleeping with pressured me not to use condoms and I said sure. He got me off and I turned over and went to sleep. It was funny for me, maybe not for him. I don't suffer fools gladly. 

#nothappening #gtfo

1 hour ago, goldengrove said:

I'm sure some are bilingual, it's a tourist area...Nuevo Laredo just across the border, like right there, and I think it's even larger than Laredo...so probably most of the locals were at least raised Catholic, and that Spanish is their main, if not only, language

I guess I wonder why they do not go to "minister" in an area where they speak the language. This just occurred to me. If it is indeed 90percent Spanish speaking what are they doing there. And why is Jeremy just now thinking of learning Spanish. Correct me if this is flawed reasoning. Why not brainwash people where you are fluent n the language at least if you are in the US.

11 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I guess I wonder why they do not go to "minister" in an area where they speak the language. This just occurred to me. If it is indeed 90percent Spanish speaking what are they doing there. And why is Jeremy just now thinking of learning Spanish. Correct me if this is flawed reasoning. Why not brainwash people where you are fluent n the language at least if you are in the US.

I've always wondered all of this O.o brand new preacher, still sort of nervous, can't speak the language? o.O if nothing else, Laredo's a place for them to honeymoon away from the Duggars, where they can get to know each other and learn to work as a team...

I'd point out that there are probably hundreds of things they could do to help people in need in NWA, but we definitely don't want them living there.

I'm watching the wedding now. Jinger's always been my favorite Duggar. I wish she and Jeremy could just be a normal conservative, christian couple...

On 2/14/2017 at 5:28 PM, Audrey2 said:

Laredo is about 70% American born, so even though vast majority 95%) people identify as hispanic, English is  widely spoken.   Many people may be bi-lingual, and speak English at work and school and Spanish at home with family.

I checked the US census for 2015 and approximately 59% speak english only or very well.

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Not nail polish, but I've removed a blood stain from my carpet before with Spot Shot, and I know someone who used to be a maid who swears by Spot Shot too. I usually get it at Target, but Ace and Home Depot sell it too when I can't find it at Target. 

10 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I'm watching the wedding now. Jinger's always been my favorite Duggar. I wish she and Jeremy could just be a normal conservative, christian couple...

I think the odds are ever in their favor. 

Jinge already ditched the dress code somewhat. I doubt we will be seeing her in a bikini or daisy dukes though. She already seems way more comfortable and confident. Like Jeremy has introduced her to the Notebook, Titanic and Beyonce. I loved the fact she kept telling her sisters that you guys can visit in a couple of months or give us 'A few months '. She has no desire to go back to Arkansas ever. Plus the kept dodging the baby question, they have no plans on having doubly digit kids. 4 to 6 max. Spread overtime.

49 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

I love the red color, but somebody tell me where this fad of claws/vampire/druggie nail shape came from?? 

Excuse me? I hope you are not referring to the shape of my nails, which don't resemble any of what you said. BTW, the shape is stiletto. And who knows where any fad comes from? I am 61, serious to a fault, and hardly faddish, but I like to have fun with my nails. Yes, the color is fabulous, red with a sheer metallic overlay. Geesh.

8 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Excuse me? I hope you are not referring to the shape of my nails, which don't resemble any of what you said. BTW, the shape is stiletto. And who knows where any fad comes from? I am 61, serious to a fault, and hardly faddish, but I like to have fun with my nails. Yes, the color is fabulous, red with a sheer metallic overlay. Geesh.

Lol how can a *nail shape* indicate someone's mental health status and relationship to substances

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

What the hell?! Some women can't get pregnant despite the best science can offer, and other women have secret pathways between the digestive and reproductive systems?! Also, I've never heard of anyone having a uterus but not a vagina; a vagina without a uterus is much more common. Had they had their vaginas removed because of disease?

No, both born with genital anomalies.  I believe the one who conceived via oral was born without an anus either and had multiple surgeries to reconstruct. I'll try and find the reference.  I read this article year ago. 

These thread drifts are always so interesting. 

I wish TLC would just embrace the family again and deal with The Smug one. I'm so beyond tired of the girls. They've got nothing going on. I want to see what the younger girls are doing. Are Hanny and Jackson still buddies? Who's teaching the kiddos now that Tabitha left? What do they do all day? Do they still see Gma duggar? Why can't they visit Amy at her house? Who do they spend time with? What do they eat? So many things they could address instead of the stupid crap they show. I'm so tired of the made up stuff they say and show. Show us really stuff. What does Joy do with her time? What could the boys possibly be doing for JB? 

Maybe they pull counting on and go back to the family specials. 

6 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I had my most recent manicure done in red chrome. Love it!

[picture snipped]

Your nails look amazing! I've got some serious polish envy over that chrome.  Do you happen to remember the polish brand, by any chance?

I really love the stiletto shape -- it reminds me of my best friend, who has spent her entire college years growing her nails out just so she could shape them like this. She paints hers in coats of matte black specifically so she can 'fit in' with her fox sculptures... I love her :pb_lol:

53 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

@mizandry, I love the bigger ring!!! So pretty! I'm a ring person with teeny fingers so 80% need to be sized

Thank you! It means a lot. :D There's definitely a number of things I'd like to change about both rings, but overall I'm pretty happy with them (since I'm fairly new to jewelry metalsmithing); they turned out better than I thought they would, and I had fun making them! I really want to make rings for the aforementioned friend of mine - and more for my boyfriend, of course. To be honest, I don't actually wear much jewelry, I just really like torching and hammering metal. :pb_lol: But I guess that's all the more reason to make them for other people! 

31 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Love it, the stripes are sharp!

Thanks!! I'm terrible at painting nails (so it took a bit of doing), but it was fun and midnight. I didn't realize it at the time, but the color scheme I chose is actually the exact same as a striped jacket of mine, ahaha!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived