IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy - Social Media Silence

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

Omg I'm scared LOL I use the pullout method only. My bf seems extremely confident with it though and I know he for sure does not want a kid. WE are kids. 

Someone failed in giving both of you sex ed.
Do some reading.  Make good choices.  This method of 'birth control' is not a good choice.

It's not like this information is hard to find in this day and age.
http://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health-pictures/the-11-best-birth-control-options-for-women.aspx

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Please rethink this plan.  What's your backup plan if you get pregnant?  

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Um no, just no. No method is 100% effective but you can be close with the right type of birth control, used correctly.

12 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

After ovulation by about 4 days till your period is a non fertile time for the woman.

Ok if this method is really that risky he's just super reckless LOL. I warned him I'm not on birth control & don't want to be because of the hormones. He hates condoms also. Good idea on the cycle method Fluffy, I will try that. 

2 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Just an FYI, which you likely know...pulling out is NOT a safe plan if you really don't want kids. An IUD might be worth investigating if children aren't wanted in the immediate future.

Not to encourage the pull out method, but a friend of mine and her husband have used that exclusively for 30 years, She only got pregnant ONCE when she didn't plan it.  Of course she used that along with NFP and is meticulous about her cycle.  She is very anti hormonal bc, she is also anti vax and has a Google MD, we just stay away from the subject of health care, she like Jill risked her life and her child's to have a home birth Unattended when she knew the baby was breach,  because she refused to have a c/section that blew up in her face she had CPS on her ass for a year, because when the babies head was stuck dad called 911 against her wishes, and she was refusing treatment but went anyway when a paramedic said the baby was going to the hospital. He had some respiratory issues thankfully he is a happy healthy 14 year old boy now, but his mom is f-ing nuts.  Shes just one of those people who thinks  she knows more than the doctors do. 

13 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

Ok if this method is really that risky he's just super reckless LOL. I warned him I'm not on birth control & don't want to be because of the hormones. He hates condoms also. Good idea on the cycle method Fluffy, I will try that. 

There's a good book called Taking Charge of your Fertility.  It's been years since I read it but it goes into depth about how to figure out your cycle if you want to use NFP.   The info is also useful on the flip side if you are trying to get pregnant.  The big 'problem' with using NFP for birth control is that the days you have to avoid are the days you are the most horny :-).  (funny how mother nature wants to make babies...)

There's also the diaphragm.  Slightly less effective than the pill, I think, but no hormones.  

He's hardly the only reckless person here. If you get pregnant, he has the choice to bail. You dont. You're the one that's going to be setting up an abortion or adoption appointments, or giving birth, or trying to get child support. Prepare yourself, because these scenarios are quite likely in your near future. 

What's more unpleasant, being an unprepared father or wearing a condom? How immature is he? And you can look into other birth controls for your hormones.

stepping away now, my blood pressure is  being raised.

1 minute ago, FleeJanaFree said:

He's hardly the only reckless person here. If you get pregnant, he has the choice to bail. You dont. You're the one that's going to be setting up an abortion or adoption appointments, or giving birth, or trying to get child support. Prepare yourself, because these scenarios are quite likely in your near future. 

What's more unpleasant, being an unprepared father or wearing a condom? How immature is he? And you can look into other birth controls for your hormones.

stepping away now, my blood pressure is  being raised.

If I could like your post 10 times, I would. This this this.

Birth control methods can be unpleasant or inconvenient, but you know what's also unpleasant and inconvenient? An unwanted pregnancy. 

Natural family planning only works if you know your cycle inside and out and track things.  It's a lot of work. It's not just about doing math from when you think your period will come. That's a good way to get pregnant. 

17 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

I also find most people hate condoms hate them because the most prominent brands on the U.S. market SUCK. 

I highly recommend Trustex condoms. Not only do they feel so much better, they actually have a better reliability rating than Trojan. You can buy them online.  

And not to pile on, but as others have said, please, please, please use another birth control method if you are young and don't want children yet. If even low dose birth control doesn't work for you, frankly I'd put my foot down and say no condoms, no rumpy pumpy. He should care about your future and your health enough to be willing to use them. And my guess is when you put your foot down, suddenly he will become more amenable to using them.

Hormonal birth control can seriously suck and it definitely has side effects which aren't the best, but when I am mopey and grumpy due to my birth control, I sit back and think. The other option is to be mopey, grumpy, and pregnant. Hell no! @VeganCupcake your boyfriend needs to grow up. Fact of the matter is that it only takes once. Be careful and take care of yourself.

30 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

UHM.
YOU are also being reckless.  YOU are also making choices.
Take some responsibility.  Do your own research, make good choices, don't pawn this off as 'his job'

7 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

@VeganCupcake

Pregnancy isn't the only thing to worry about. STIs are serious stuff. Whether or not condoms feel good, they're better than HIV, syphilis etc.

Very important, there is currently a rise in STI's for those too young to remember the AIDS virus discovery.

Very graphic  ads  on television in those days, pointing out that you not only sleep with your partner, but also with all of their previous partners.

Gonorrhea and syphilis are now a huge problem.  Especially in older adults who don't think the need protection as they can no longer get pregnant.

Any older person presenting with dementia gets an STI screen in our hospital.

Read and educate yourself and protect yourself.

On the subject of preacher education, I was taught Methodist have to go to seminary.

I just recently heard that this form of male birth control, Vasalgel, passed some trials on monkeys. It's this thing where you inject something into the man's testicles and it will prevent pregnancy. There's more to it but that's the quick description.

I would love some male birth control in the shape of pills or something. It would be great to have more options and men could be more responsible.

2 minutes ago, season of life said:

I just recently heard that this form of male birth control, Vasalgel, passed some trials on monkeys. It's this thing where you inject something into the man's testicles and it will prevent pregnancy. There's more to it but that's the quick description.

I would love some male birth control in the shape of pills or something. It would be great to have more options and men could be more responsible.

Men can be pretty responsible, by wearing a condom.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the "pull-out method" is anywhere between 70-90% effective. Certainly not the best method for someone against having children at that stage of their life. 

My partner and I have used the pull out method in the past, but we are well aware that, not only could we handle and afford a baby right now, we would probably be happy if we found out we were expecting (although we're not trying as weird as that sounds).I hate birth control pills because I'm the worst at remembering to take them and have gotten pregnant on them before. I hate condoms. (Yes, females can dislike condoms too). I don't like the shot or the iud. The only thing that I've found that works for me is the ring, but it makes me feel crazy and it severely lowers my libido. I'm on the now, but will probably come off it soon and go back to the pulling out.

it's hard to  find a bc that works for you sometimes. But I guess my long winded point is don't use the pull out method unless you feel ready to accept that 10-30% of the time it will end up in pregnancy.

16 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

Men can be pretty responsible, by wearing a condom.

In my experience condoms make sex a lot less pleasurable for me as well as the guy, so I can sympathize with not wanting to use them in a monogamous relationship after you've been tested for STIs.

That said, when I was a teenager my mom told me that I shouldn't be having vaginal sex if I wasn't prepared to either have a baby or have an abortion. And I think that's very true. 

Now I have a hormonal IUD, which I love even though I didn't like the hormones in the pill -- this is 1/20th of the hormones I was previously taking, since it's so localized.  Also I don't get periods, which is amazing. But there are also copper (non-hormonal) IUDs that are very effective.  

Before that I used a diaphragm, which always worked well for me.  Certainly it's much better than pulling out.   I know MANY people who have gotten pregnant using the pull-out method.  It's always surprising to me how many people think it's a viable option.  

Listen up, stop having sex with that fool of a boyfriend. Both of you get tested for STDs. You find a birth control method for you, and don't completely dismiss hormonal birth control. Talk to your doctor. Then tell Pull Out Boy no glove, no love, no exceptions. Of all the things that can happen when having unprotected sex, a baby isn't the worst.

Seriously, for people who hate condoms and find them really uncomfortable: try Trustex. I used to despise condoms and just thought of them as a necessary evil before trying those. 

*I swear I am not a paid shill for some semi-obscure condom brand.

1 hour ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

On the subject of preacher education, I was taught Methodist have to go to seminary.

Yes Methodist have to go to seminary.  I don't live far from one of the big ones for Methodists.  I was raised in the local Methodist church even though my dad went to a non-denominational church mom took me with her to the Methodist church.  I went to VBS at the IFB church, a block from my church, and dads church one summer.   The other two churches scared the crap out of me as a little kid and my mom didn't make me go back.  I eventually learned two important lessons as a young adult.  Not all non-denominational churches are scary and IFB isn't for me.  I ended up finding a nice non-denominational church with a pastor who had Methodist seminary and then a Masters in Divinity from a Baptist school.  But shopping for a non-denominational is worse than clothes shopping if you hate to shop.

5 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

Child number one is my own failure with bc pills, child number two is 'pull out' failure, child number three is...we were drunk :obscene-drinkingfaded: LOL

Edited to delete post but don't know how- was making a joke about my pregnancies but realised the thread turned serious, which is totally appropriate. Forgive me. : ) 

NFP can be harder at very early ages too because cycles are less likely to be "normal". Mine flip-flopped alot, between 27 and 33 days until I was about 24 then it settled into a pattern that was more trackable. I had the shot, it caused me to stop ovulating and needing help to get pregnant later on. Best one for me was the Paraguard IUD. Had it for a few years with no issues at all. 

Pull out is dangerous and reckless for someone who isn't fully ready for the consequences. Semen can leak from the tip of the penis prior to the big finish and create a pregnancy. 

My sister and I are 11 months apart......my mom told us she (my sister) was a "pull out" baby. Please, just use something more effective. I'm in my early twenties and guys in my age range always brag that their"pull out is game strong".....I've graduated H.S. less than 6 years ago and most of these guys are now dads.

4 hours ago, dawbs said:

Someone failed in giving both of you sex ed.
Do some reading.  Make good choices.  This method of 'birth control' is not a good choice.

It's not like this information is hard to find in this day and age.
http://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health-pictures/the-11-best-birth-control-options-for-women.aspx

Whoa.  This is a conversation had in the early 80s, not 30 + years later, right?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived