IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

Honestly, I think they're just disappointed it's a boy.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but during their announcement, they didn't seem all that excited; it looked almost as if they were trying to get themselves excited about it.

Well, yeah. They've already had their first boy, so they've got someone to be "the leader among his siblings" and carry on the Dillard family name. Now what they need is an army of helpmeets to do all the work. Every spare-to-the-heir that's born now means significantly more work for Jill, and I'm not sure she's capable of handling it.

2 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

I'm very distracted by the hanger facing the wrong way. I think Izzy is, too.

Really really really not into this photo-op!

Wow that picture ... seriously ... I think D & J have given up. 

In that pregnancy announcement to Jills parents it was very clear that Jill wanted nothing to do with the fake-ness for the camera, and this picture shows it again. 

D probably isn't feeling well either and I hope they decide to just stay in America.  Izzy seems like a high maintenance child and even though Jill has raised a lot of younger siblings, I bet in the "Duggar cult", those younger siblings had to/were forced to behave better then Izzy currently does. 

The whole Josh fiasco, being outed as a survivor of sexual abuse to the whole world, a traumatic birth, Izzy being a hand full, stuck in a country where you can't even communicate with the people around you, basically sitting around all day waiting for your headship to return, the traumatic "shower rack falling" incident, now being in America and seeing how Jessa has such an easy child and life in Amerca went on without Jill to now having another boy -- yeah I would prob be less then amused with life as well. 

15 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

Well, yeah. They've already had their first boy, so they've got someone to be "the leader among his siblings" and carry on the Dillard family name. Now what they need is an army of helpmeets to do all the work. Every spare-to-the-heir that's born now means significantly more work for Jill, and I'm not sure she's capable of handling it.

Exactly. Michelle once said that they were blessed they had more girls among the first few children than boys, so that she could get help with the household.

Oh boy, oh boy, do I hope they'll all have boys from now on.

The ideal fundie family of 10 children would probably look like this:

boy (the king)

5 girls

4 little boys to be cared for by the 5 older girls.

makes me think of sierra with her 3 older boys and 2 two little girls

The picture reminds me of a couple I once met.  They had a photo album sitting out and I was going through it and came upon a similar picture of them standing together, the husband was holding their two year old son, the wife was holding out a small dark photo.  I asked them what the picture was about and they laughed.  Turned out they'd just just got back from an OB appointment and found their second child was another boy, and the picture she was holding was from their ultrasound.  

They'd always hoped to have just two kids and were hoping for a boy and a girl, but agreed that if they got two of the same sex they'd have a third child and try one more time.  The wife told me to take a close look at their expressions, they had the smiles but their eyes looked a little strained.  She said they were both thinking that if they stayed true to the plan they'd have to have another pregnancy in a couple of years and they were both wondering if they really wanted to do that.

It worked out.  They discussed it and decided they'd wait until the second boy was a year old and revisit the question then.  The wife told me that she felt guilty about not being happy to learn she was having another son, but by the time the baby was born they'd gotten used to the idea and were thrilled with the little guy.  I was spoiled about the ending, though, because I'd already met their five year old, their three year old, and just a few feet from us were their identical twin daughters in matching baby swings.  I found it charming.  They just looked tired.

I just watched the video announcement of them having a baby boy on their blog, and about halfway through, when Jill is talking, Derick just cuts her off and starts talking himsef :')  - of course, being the good submissive house wife that she is, she just smiles at him.
Also, while jill says she's so very exited to have another baby boy, she doesn't look the part at all.

For a moment I thought they'd actually had it, it was a boy and called Zion.

I really must pay better attention to what I'm reading ;) 

P.S. Is there a reason why Derrick is dressed as Woody from Toy Story?

30 minutes ago, SummerRocks said:

Wow that picture ... seriously ... I think D & J have given up. 

In that pregnancy announcement to Jills parents it was very clear that Jill wanted nothing to do with the fake-ness for the camera, and this picture shows it again. 

D probably isn't feeling well either and I hope they decide to just stay in America.  Izzy seems like a high maintenance child and even though Jill has raised a lot of younger siblings, I bet in the "Duggar cult", those younger siblings had to/were forced to behave better then Izzy currently does. 

The whole Josh fiasco, being outed as a survivor of sexual abuse to the whole world, a traumatic birth, Izzy being a hand full, stuck in a country where you can't even communicate with the people around you, basically sitting around all day waiting for your headship to return, the traumatic "shower rack falling" incident, now being in America and seeing how Jessa has such an easy child and life in Amerca went on without Jill to now having another boy -- yeah I would prob be less then amused with life as well. 

I agree. Their love story started out perfect in fundie terms. A romantic long distance courtship where she visited him for the first time in an exciting new country half way around the world. They had a huge wedding with tons of gifts and big new house to move into. She got pregnant right away just like every fundie girl dreams. She posted cute bump pictures every couple weeks. She got lots of cute stuff from her baby shower. Derrick had a stable job. Everything was great! 

Then came the birth. That was the beginning of the end of their perfect fundie life. Izzy's traumatic birth, then Derrick had major jaw surgery, then the molestation came out and that was all within 6 weeks I believe. As Derrick was recovering from surgery, another Josh scandal broke.  The show is cancelled and Derrick quits his job so they can move to Central America to be missionaries. Which is not a good fit for Jill and a new and active baby. So they finally come home and probably hope things will get easier/better. But Derrick still has no job and they are having another boy. 

I kind of feel sorry for them. They probably thought that since they did everything "right" that their married life would be perfect like how it started. I kind of hope it has disillusioned them to the fundie life but I really doubt it. 

32 minutes ago, Marly said:

I just watched the video announcement of them having a baby boy on their blog, and about halfway through, when Jill is talking, Derick just cuts her off and starts talking himsef :')  - of course, being the good submissive house wife that she is, she just smiles at him.
Also, while jill says she's so very exited to have another baby boy, she doesn't look the part at all.

Interesting you mention that- I had looked at I think the Bateseses facebook and Chad and Erin were doing a facebook live video I think? And Erin consistently was cutting Chad off and he just saw there. It really surprised me actually.

I wonder if the duggar children resigned themselves to deal with their feelings internally and the Bates children resigned themselves to be different than their parents. Like the duggar children said Oh this is my life now but the Bates children said I don't want that for my marriage. Their core beliefs didn't change but maybe the batea didn't want to be cultish

1 hour ago, CoveredInBees said:

For a moment I thought they'd actually had it, it was a boy and called Zion.

I really must pay better attention to what I'm reading ;) 

P.S. Is there a reason why Derrick is dressed as Woody from Toy Story?

I think he's going back to his college days and modeling his appearance on the real life Pistol Pete:

Pistol-pete-unsung-hero.jpg

I agree with the variety of posters who sense that something's off with Jill and Derick.  It's as if (IMO) they've run out of some combination of energy, confidence, and enthusiasm.  I hope nothing's terribly wrong.

I remember that Cathy had been hoping for a girl prior to Israel's reveal, so I'm guessing she was disappointed again. 

It seems very odd that the announcement wasn't more choreographed/"Duggarized".  Hasn't the family worked very hard on their public impressions over the years, including buildups and group celebrations over the genders of upcoming blessings?  This is their bread and butter, after all.  Why aren't they hyping it?  At least hold up a cute baby outfit, ffs.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I actually guessed Zion for a boy a few months ago! Izzy and Zion. They go well together in my opinion :-D

Too Mormon :pb_biggrin:

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I actually guessed Zion for a boy a few months ago! Izzy and Zion. They go well together in my opinion :-D

Maybe Tiberias?

I know they're not having a girl, but I think the Biblical place name theme is quite nice, actually. Aramea, Cimmeria, Bethel, Lystra, Galilee, Lydia, Cilicia, Shiloh, Zorah... they're all kind of wacky, but they sound quite pretty to my ears. For boys, you've still got Jericho, Judah, Ephraim, Etham... mind you, I just pulled these off Wikipedia's "List of biblical places" so I'm not sure what the places are like in the bible or the sociological or political implications that they might convey nowadays. Then again, they already named their first kid after a war-torn location, so they might go for another controversial choice.

Who knows, some of those names might be like naming your kid Gomorrah... not great connotations. Who the hell knows, they might name their new kid Steve or something, just to mess with us :P

I think the dillards are already over each other. It started out as fun and exciting and woo sex with a (relative) stranger! but once the thrill of that wears off what do they even have? What do they talk about? That would explain the dickish tweets from captain cowboy, and jill looking sad and depressed all the time. Also explains the lack of fucks given for the gender reveal.

I kept reading "It's a boy!" and thinking, "She already had the baby? Wait, no, it's Jessa who's due now. It's crazy early, are they okay?" and then I finally clicked on this thread and realized it was a gender reveal.

Also, is it just me or is Jill nowhere near as huge as she was last time around?

I still can't get over the outfit. They have soooooooooo much baby clothes, why not just show a simple baby blue onesie? 

Also, count me into the category of "they're over each other already". Those two are done. But alas covenant marriage and their pride won't admit it.

3 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I still can't get over the outfit. They have soooooooooo much baby clothes, why not just show a simple baby blue onesie? 

Also, count me into the category of "they're over each other already". Those two are done. But alas covenant marriage and their pride won't admit it.

You mean puking on the side of the road isnt sexy?

Just now, Buzzard said:

You mean puking on the side of the road isnt sexy?

Nope def not! I have digestive problems. Ended up puking a lot tbh from gallbladder problems. And it's not something I would ever let a guy see. That kills the vibe. Hell I didn't even let friends go to the bathroom with me in case I got sick. No bathroom girl talk happened for like a year.

If he knows he has a gag problem, why is he still trying to run? In Arkansas heat? Idiots.

Jill and Derrick had very different underlying expectations with how the marriage would play out, I think.

Jill was looking for another male figure to basically fill the role of JB: make decisions for her, keep her safe, provide for her.  She's been kept like a child, and she was looking for more of a parent than a partner.

Derrick was looking for an adult partner, but instead got a girl who was/is unable to function on her own, make decisions, and provide him the adult support he needs.  The guy is clearly not in the best of health and would probably appreciate his wife taking over a bit more.  I'm not sure he has the energy to be a dad to his kids AND his wife.  

This is why the courtship model and the Duggar's whole philosophy is creepy and weird.  These girls are taught to expect their husband to be Daddy 2.0.  First, gross.  Second, a healthy relationship between a parent and a child is very different than a healthy relationship between a husband and wife, even with the strictest gender roles, submission, etc.  What a parent needs and can expect from a child, even an adult child, is VERY different than what a spouse needs and should expect.  

Jill was bathed in the kool aid.  She bought this daddy to husband transfer hook, line, and sinker....but Derrick isn't her dad. I don't think he can give her what she needs, and I don't think she can give him what he needs.  

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I agree with the variety of posters who sense that something's off with Jill and Derick.  It's as if (IMO) they've run out of some combination of energy, confidence, and enthusiasm.  I hope nothing's terribly wrong.

I remember that Cathy had been hoping for a girl prior to Israel's reveal, so I'm guessing she was disappointed again. 

It seems very odd that the announcement wasn't more choreographed/"Duggarized".  Hasn't the family worked very hard on their public impressions over the years, including buildups and group celebrations over the genders of upcoming blessings?  This is their bread and butter, after all.  Why aren't they hyping it?  At least hold up a cute baby outfit, ffs.

Totally on board the "something's off" train. They could be over each other or they could just be-shocker-experiencing the normal ups and downs of being a young family. Getting used to what it's like to live together, to juggling responsibilities, to adjusting expectations and to disagreeing about their wants and goals. 

And those things are all totally normal. Except they have to do it within the framework of Duggardom while keeping sweet. It's just not a healthy way to deal with a relationship. 

AND Jill at least has been raised to have zero coping skills which just compounds the complicated issues living real brings up. 

Maybe instead of trying to portray their fundie marriage as sunshine & roses, TLC should let people actually see the real struggles they go through trying to adjust to adult life. Instead of these fake story lines, show real ones. If they're looking for ways to make the show interesting and relatable, that's it. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived