IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

As you can probably tell, Jill and Derick are expecting their second son. They also give toddlers music lessons, went to the March for Life (and met at a Planned Parenthood, no less!), and continue to post Bible verses on social media. We talked about abortion and other "life issues" like end-of-life care, and the guessing game for Dill #2's name has already begun!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stormy said:

Did the Dillards reveal Israel's gender when they found out or did they wait until after he was born? I don't remember.

When they found out. There's an instagram post they did from when they found out the gender, but I'm too lazy to look for it lol.

1 minute ago, Stormy said:

Did the Dillards reveal Israel's gender when they found out or did they wait until after he was born? I don't remember.

Pretty sure they revealed it. 

They did. They showed a pair of blue booties, and I remember Jill's fingernails were painted bright pink. I think she was expecting a girl.

Their jinder announcement was a damn mess. I expect nothing less from the Duhlards. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Their jinder announcement was a damn mess.

You got that right. Even seeing it in context, my face was like

Spoiler

txPN.gif

On the one hand I'm relieved it's not a future sister mom . On the other hand I feel sorry for Jana  and the J-slaves who'll have to take care of the baby . Jill can hardly take care of the one child she already has . 

It's funny, I did what I was calling a "trashy" gender reveal with my friends, and I taped blue balloons to their front doors. I think they out hot messed me and I was doing that on purpose. 

Wow, the Duggar parents are gonna have a lot of grandsons. As terrible as this situation is for the poor baby, at least another girl was spared being born to these morons.

Back when TLC seemed to care way more about the Duggars image...

The photo I saw was this one, which seems like they said "eh, fuck it, it's another boy so we might as well just announce it with some of Izzy clothes." I mean, you'd think you'd shell out for a cute "little brother" onesie or something if you were going to be in People magazine, but what do I know?

http://people.com/babies/jill-duggar-dillard-announces-gender-second-baby-derick-dillard/

tumblr_oklx4n7k3A1uipssao1_540.jpg

5 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Here it is. So much less awkward. 

You sure that are the same people , they look healthy and less anxious with each other

14 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

They did. They showed a pair of blue booties, and I remember Jill's fingernails were painted bright pink. I think she was expecting a girl.

Their jinder announcement was a damn mess. I expect nothing less from the Duhlards. 

I think the nails might be a stretch, since they're more of a darker pink and not a baby pink. I do think she was wanting a girl, though.

3 minutes ago, Stormy said:

I think the nails might be a stretch, since they're more of a darker pink and not a baby pink. I do think she was wanting a girl, though.

She said that she thought it was a girl. So I think that she wanted one. 

It is amazing how much has changed when looking at those two photos. They have that hint of desperate unhinged religious crazy really showing through now.

The difference between those two pictures is amazing. Derrick and Jill couldn't even be arsed to put on some damn shoes! What a difference two years makes. 

With as tacky as the Duggars are and as much emphasis as they put on gender roles, I am rather disappointed with the lack of creativity in their reveals lately. Where are the painted flamingos? No balloons? Not even a cake that's blue or pink on the inside that's to be climatically sliced and served on camera? Come on! They have a TV show! They need to be much more elaborate than this.

Derrick: people magazine is coming over to take our picture for a gender reveal. Should we put on some shoes?

Jill: nah. Grab an outfit out of Izzy's closet. We will just hold it up.

Derrick: I know. I'll wear a cowboy hat. 

Jill: totally.

In the recent gender reveal photo, they kinda have a red/white/blue theme going on.  I wonder if it's supposed to represent their support for Drumpf or.. just a coincidence? 

As @Bad Wolf said on the previous thread,

As long as Jill and Jessa are close to the TTH, there will be no laundry room melt down. The auntie moms will come to the rescue.  Josie is probably old enough to do laundry, and we know she can help with pizza. Shouldn't snark on Josie. It's not her fault.

I'm finally caught up on this. I'm really glad to hear that it's a boy. If the Duggar offspring have lots of kids, I wish a plethora of boys on them.

Regarding the quote from @Bad Wolf, the Duggars have almost hit critical mass for sister moms. (I'm shuddering as I write this.) If Anna is doing the sister mom thing, Mack probably has her first buddy. That leaves 3 married daughters (Jill, Jessa, Jinger), and 1 who will be married soon, so let's say 4 daughters in the pipeline who need sister mom help. There are only 5 unmarried daughters left- Jana, Johanna, Jenny, Jordyn, and Josie. Considering that they still need at least one daughter at the TTH, and probably should have more, they would have exactly enough daughters now to provide one per family. If Jana gets married or they need two daughters at home to run the house (because gender roles, you know), then A DUGGAR DAUGHTER MIGHT NOT HAVE AN AUNTIE MOM WAITING TO HELP HER!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!! It might mean a daughter might actually raise her own brood! 

31 minutes ago, Stormy said:

With as tacky as the Duggars are and as much emphasis as they put on gender roles, I am rather disappointed with the lack of creativity in their reveals lately. Where are the painted flamingos? No balloons? Not even a cake that's blue or pink on the inside that's to be climatically sliced and served on camera? Come on! They have a TV show! They need to be much more elaborate than this.

Hell josh and Anna did the flamingos and the cake. But neither was staged obviously. 

In all honestly, I also believe Derick looked so much better in that gender reveal photo, from just two years ago...*sigh* whatever the case may be, though, I just hope he's actually healthy & actually okay.

I also just saw the gender reveal come up on my fb timeline, from where else - People. :my_rolleyes: It's nice for them to be having another boy - I think I'd want a girl if it was me, though. :my_blush:

1 hour ago, hasunah said:

On the one hand I'm relieved it's not a future sister mom . On the other hand I feel sorry for Jana  and the J-slaves who'll have to take care of the baby . Jill can hardly take care of the one child she already has . 

Isn't it strange how Jill could raise all those "buddies" yet she either cannot or will not properly take care of her own son?

And Derick looks ill. He hasn't looked healthy since he had jaw surgery.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived