IGNORED

Big Sandy Family Conference April 2017

Palimpsest

How close is Big Sandy to Dallas, San Antonio, and/or Houston?  Because Jill Rodrigues is dropping hints about being headed that way soon...

Edit:  Here's Big Sandy (pin) vs all the cities Jill mentioned in her post.  It's certainly not out of the area...58ff8d312d927_2017-04-2510_51_27-BigSandy-GoogleMaps.thumb.png.9699ec26e1a537dc6ce94d4b3af9a411.png

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Georgiana but She and 3 of the girls just got back from NY on Sunday Night. Do you think they hopped into the RV and took right off for Big Sandy? Big Sandy is going on right now, right? I did a map and Sissonville to Big Sandy is a 15 hour drive. With a ton of construction (per google map).

Here is the comment for any of those that can't see her f/b page (Screenshot taken at 3:45 EST on 4/25- so she wrote that message at 3:45 am (I hope I did my math right). Holy crap, when does she sleep?!)

jill.jpg.71ef2e66eeba53fb4d0e71929ac56704.jpg

I can't imagine Jill schilling out for the kids to do something like that and she wouldn't be the center of attention. 

I've been looking for hashtags in IG and can't find a damned thing. The location tag should be "International ALERT Academy" but most of the public posts from that location are old.

Somewhat relatedly, the Pearls have their "shindig" coming up in a couple of weeks, also in east Texas. I wonder if how much overlap they get between attendees? I can't imagine that many of these folks have the resources to take two week-long what-some-might-call-vacations in the space of a month.

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@Georgiana but She and 3 of the girls just got back from NY on Sunday Night. Do you think they hopped into the RV and took right off for Big Sandy? Big Sandy is going on right now, right? I did a map and Sissonville to Big Sandy is a 15 hour drive. With a ton of construction (per google map).

Here is the comment for any of those that can't see her f/b page (Screenshot taken at 3:45 EST on 4/25- so she wrote that message at 3:45 am (I hope I did my math right). Holy crap, when does she sleep?!)

Well, she jumped right back in the car after Nurie's graduation trip to go up to see Amy, so it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

I don't think she's attending Big Sandy currently. In fact, it's pretty clear she's at home right now.   Jill can't afford IBLP/ATI, so there's no sense in her going to the conference.  But it runs through the 29th, and I COULD see her going out to Texas for the weekend, especially if there is a reason for her to do so. 

That could be a special event, or she could have booked engagements that give her an excuse to pass through Big Sandy on Saturday in an effort to throw herself in the path of fundie royalty (and eligible fundie singles for her kids).  

On 4/24/2017 at 3:19 PM, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

@Mercer 

please secure your soul and sense of self to a strong item before pressing play. If you listen to all the songs on the playlist you start to understand just why these kids have grown into the adults they are

I cannot figure out the lyrics. Is there a link to them anywhere?

[mention=12654]Georgiana[/

Nice try Jill - no one cares about your secret. [emoji14]

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

That could be a special event, or she could have booked engagements that give her an excuse to pass through Big Sandy on Saturday in an effort to throw herself in the path of fundie royalty (and eligible fundie singles for her kids).  

I'll guess she's looking for families who might put them up, feed them, and host Plexus parties.  Maybe she's planning a quick stop at Big Sandy to make contacts...

8 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I cannot figure out the lyrics. Is there a link to them anywhere?

Don't say I never take one for the team

When the sky grows dark

When the thunder roars

When the strong wind blows and 

(...something...I can't make it out)

I know I'm safe as I can be 

When I'm under the umbrella that god places over me!

For instruction - so I know where I belong

For correction- so I know when I am wrong

For provision - for the things I need 

For protection - that is When the sky grows dark

When the thunder roars

(...something...)

IMG_2098.JPG

@BlessingsVonFundiePants thank you! I was reading that to the sound of "Thunder Rolls" sorry Garth Brooks. 

Btw, I hate that umbrella picture. These asshats are the same that say Catholics are wrong for going to confession to a priest but they put layers between God and a person based on genitalia and marriage status. Grrr

Those umbrellas are a load of BS. The only people who can really be held accountable (in a physical way) are the wives and children.

To a lesser extent men are accountable to their pastors/priests but seriously, unless these men live at their church or have their pastor over all the time, how accountable would men have to be? And pastors have Jesus (technically, everyone has Jesus) but unless the Apocalypse is coming right now or Jesus has a brand new system for the Gothardites, he's not telling anyone what to do.

It just paves the way for rigidity and all kinds of abuse. It's mind boggling.

Looks like the Staddon's made the pilgrimage to Big Sandy.   Jonathan posted a pic of one of the Duggar boys,  

As an aside, I was scrolling through some of the Alert Academy pics -- one of the guys was bragging about a ruck march they did at a 22:34 pace.  Ranger school, which SEVERAL women have now successfully completed, demands a 15 min mile pace w/ ruck.  Go home boys, let the real Army do its thing.  

21 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Don't say I never take one for the team

When the sky grows dark

When the thunder roars

(...something...I can't make it out)

For protection - that is When the sky grows dark

When the thunder roars

(...something...)

IMG_2098.JPG

Here's the corrected lyrics.  Not that you didn't do a good job, you did a fine job, but I'm a lyric snob and it bothers me what they are incomplete and/or wrong.  :-/

When the sky grows dark

And the thunder roars

When the strong winds blow

And the cloud burst pours

When I'm under the umbrellas that god places over me!

For protection - that is guaranteed

When the sky grows dark

And the thunder roars

When the strong winds blow

And the cloud burst pours

34 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

That first photo --- li'l $cientologist wannabes!

Second photo -- are those the Pecan Thieves? If so, Pris almost looks alert! (Pardon the word...)

9 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Could have sworn they sang "Satan places over me"!

Well; same effect, really. 

Poor, unlucky kiddoes.

Which Duggar is this? 

Here is one of the classes taught by James Staddon.

Here are the Bates.

17 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Which Duggar is this? 

I think that's Josiah, based on the hairline. May he find a nice girl ;). 

On 4/25/2017 at 1:29 PM, mydoggoskeeper said:

Besides the ones for the Alert Academy, does anyone know of any hashtags for Big Sandy this year?  Its a slow, rainy day at the office and I'm prepared to snark...

Try these:

I think the speech went a little like this: "Josiah, you have a servant's heart. Prove it and get up on that scaffold! Repair the brand!"

I live only a couple of hours if that from Big Sandy. My husband was raised soft ATI and they went out there often and he did some ALERT and even worked at the DTS when it was at that hotel in Dallas. He thinks Gothard is full of **** but he said the camps used to be fun with lots of family camping and fishing and canoeing and stuff. Looked like a hideous lineup this year. When/if we ever have kids we aren't stepping a foot on that campground. 

The Dallas training center was lovely. It was also once used in a Walker Texas Ranger episode. That was, of course before Gothard purchased it. I think I read someone had bought it and is turning it back into a hotel.

I never went to the ALERT campus, because when I was in it they used to have one yearly conference in TN. But the boys always got to have way more fun than the girls at these events.

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I think the speech went a little like this: "Josiah, you have a servant's heart. Prove it and get up on that scaffold! Repair the brand!"

I thought his standing up there at a dead end was a bit symbolic.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

The Dallas training center was lovely. It was also once used in a Walker Texas Ranger episode. That was, of course before Gothard purchased it. I think I read someone had bought it and is turning it back into a hotel.

I never went to the ALERT campus, because when I was in it they used to have one yearly conference in TN. But the boys always got to have way more fun than the girls at these events.

I could tell that just from watching the first Duggar special, hearing Jim Bob bloviating about how the boys did all the cool, rugged, outdoor camp-type stuff while the girls got to "sing songs and learn about God." Blech.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think it was Ambassador Hotel? Becoming condos now: https://www.dallasnews.com/business/business/2016/03/01/apartments-in-the-works-for-dallas-historic-ambassador-hotel-south-of-downtown

Archived