IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

13 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Just caught up with episode three. So sad to see Jeremy's books relegated to a closet so Jessa could put  a bunch of kitschy crap in the living room. it highlights the Duggars focus on image over substance. I couldn't tell what titles were in his bookshelf but it looks like Jeremy actually reads more than the bible.

I watched the third episode last night. I felt less uncomfortable than i felt with the episode jinger chose her dress. 

The flat after the redo looks like an advertising apartment in a ikea spot. I would never put the books away at the back of the closet where nobody could see them. They were handled like an old pair of shoes stuffed aside so the guests don't see their ugliness. I love books. If i could i would place bookshelfs everywhere in  our home.  image over substance, you said so much with this phrase.

Maybe the books were too worldly for duggar visitors. I can see jessa put the godly biblical books where they can be seen. And the rest is not duggar-approved and has to go away. No matter what jeremy thinks about it. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I feel like last night's episode was attempting to show a sensitive (vs. fundie asshat) side to both Derick and Cathy.  We already knew Derick's father's death affected him a great deal - for which I don't blame him a bit - and there has been at least one other episode that covered the family's Pistol Pete history.  So I think they were working on public image.

I would rather say that they found another storyline to this circus of boredom. No more orthodontists and braces but we have now courtships, possible courtships, engagements, pregnancies, "maybe it's twins" shit, furnishing etc. instead. No suspense here any longer nor revelation. Jill and Derick are the most boring couple in this show in my opinion. So why not to exploit someone's grief over late dad and husband. Only Derick brother is missing here together with his newlywed wife.

1 hour ago, fish_ca said:

Jill and Derick are the most boring couple in this show in my opinion. .

They are! Ben even has Flame as a story line. Does Derick not have any friends or people to pretend to be his friend to make him  more interesting? Maybe they don't want to be on the crazy show; but what do Derick and Jill do all day? 

4 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

Is it banned to speculate on anyone's sexuality even non-family members? Cause Jeremy acts a bit gay. I mean he seems kind of obsessed with fashion like that flamboyant golf outfit he wore. Also he hugged his friend very intensely I think during the escape room. And weren't there prior rumors? I could be 100% off though. And sorry if this isn't allowed, oops. 

Men who like fashion and hug other men intensely are not "acting gay".  They just like clothes and are affectionate (even if they are gay).  

Funny, 'cause I think people were complaining earlier in this thread that Jeremy hugged Luis' wife too intensely as well.

Jeremy's outfit wasn't flamboyant. It was old school golf in the vein of Payne Stewart. The Duggars are raised to not be affectionate people, so I think Jeremy hugging his friend automatically seems intense when surrounded by Duggars.

3 hours ago, Scrabblemaster said:

I watched the third episode last night. I felt less uncomfortable than i felt with the episode jinger chose her dress. 

The flat after the redo looks like an advertising apartment in a ikea spot. I would never put the books away at the back of the closet where nobody could see them. They were handled like an old pair of shoes stuffed aside so the guests don't see their ugliness. I love books. If i could i would place bookshelfs everywhere in  our home.  image over substance, you said so much with this phrase.

Maybe the books were too worldly for duggar visitors. I can see jessa put the godly biblical books where they can be seen. And the rest is not duggar-approved and has to go away. No matter what jeremy thinks about it. 

the funny thing is they seem to have books everywhere - even in Spud's room - granted they were of Spurgeon the original. 

so maybe Jessa has a problem if they aren't biblical books. 

56 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Funny, 'cause I think people were complaining earlier in this thread that Jeremy hugged Luis' wife too intensely as well.

Yeah, I don't get it.  Jeremy was not raised in ATI.  He has shitty beliefs but it seems that his family is not weird about physical affection like his new in-laws.  Maybe after being with Jeremy for a while, Jinger will become less self conscious and not turn her face when Jeremy's grandfather tries to kiss her on the cheek.   That woman was craving affection so I hope she's getting plenty of it now.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived