IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

7 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

For how awkward and unintelligent he acts on the show, he has some shockingly good networking skills. First he successfully schemed to meet the Duggars and marry Jessa, then he established the Flame friendship, and is he really responsible for bringing Jeremy into the fold as well? 

Perhaps he really is a smart person, just stoned out of his mind a lot LOL

I don't think he was 100% responsible bringing Jeremy in - Jeremy saw an opportunity - was older more educated more sauve and bam again was the real preacher and saw an opportunity with his already established profession

both ben and Jeremy are opportunists plain and simple - jeremy can cover it up a bit more - whereas Ben hasn't learned that yet....Ben must have bible thumped to the core to get to Mr Duggar.  

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Marly said:

Also, Ben's interaction with and handling of Spurgeon always seems so awkward. Like someone who doesn't like baby's reacts to a baby, almost. 

I guess he isn't around Spurgeon as much as Jessa is since he "works" for JB all day. He's also younger and didn't grow up raising babies. He sure did not look excited when Jill was listening to the baby's heartbeat lol I wonder what he was thinking right then. 

14 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Jill kind of laughed and said that it may just be an old wives tale.

I think 150's would be inconclusive since it's right in the middle.  I think there is a tendency for a higher heart rate for girls and lower for boys but it's not definitive.  My girl's heart rate was in the 150's-160's.  My friend's girl's heart rate was in the 120's.

There is no tendency. This is a disproved myth.  Jill should KNOW that it is an old wives tale: http://www.theportlandhospital.com/blog/predicting-your-babys-gender-5-myths-busted/

25 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

I guess he isn't around Spurgeon as much as Jessa is since he "works" for JB all day. He's also younger and didn't grow up raising babies. He sure did not look excited when Jill was listening to the baby's heartbeat lol I wonder what he was thinking right then. 

Maybe he was thinking what did I get myself. 

40 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

There is no tendency. This is a disproved myth.  Jill should KNOW that it is an old wives tale: http://www.theportlandhospital.com/blog/predicting-your-babys-gender-5-myths-busted/

and what is shocking is she made such a big deal of saying it 

I thought this woman doesn't know anything and was just "playing" midwife

I don't believe Jill when she says anything 

it was all bravado and for the humpers 

1 hour ago, VeganCupcake said:

He was thinking, what the hell have I gotten myself into.  I could be out parting with friends but I'm stuck with this wackos making babies "working" for my FIL for the rest of my life.

14 hours ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Jinger couldn't have sounded happier "Tomorrow I'll be GAWN" Hahahaha. I still think she got a good deal marrying Jeremy. She may have been "freed" after all. She's saying "Bye Felicia" to the Duggar clan. Money is on her for the "Tell All" book. 

Sorry Jill looks like a frump and her husband looks like a meth making hill billy with a man bun. He clearly wants to be a hippie in a tent. Somehow I doubt this mirrors Jill's x1000 babies goal.

My bet is that Jinger has no more than 4 to 5 kids max. I think her and Jeremy interpret being fruitful differently than her family. I can see her spacing and using some form of birth control. 

Jill would love to be in Jessa's shoes , as in live close by to family and popping out babies every 15 months, but Derrick isn't having any of that. I bet they stop at about 3 or 4 as well, especially if she has another c section.

Jessa is in the zone right now. Ben be damned.  I think she is hoping the more kids she has the more he will settle in to the family life. No doubt Ben loves his family , I think they all do , but you can definitely see feelings of 'WTF' written all over his face. 

Joy Anna wants nothing more than to hop on a horse and ride straight to Austin's camp and never look back. Except when it comes to Jill, I think she would keep in touch with her more so than anyone else. My bet is her and Austin live close by for a few years and move somewhere else entirely. Neither of them are about that bundle of kids movement. Natural family planning all the way !

19 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Jill would love to be in Jessa's shoes , as in live close by to family and popping out babies every 15 months, but Derrick isn't having any of that. I bet they stop at about 3 or 4 as well, especially if she has another c section.

Derick "Santa isn't real" Dillard? They'll have a litter before you know it. They'll end up like the schraeders.

1 hour ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Derick? Abortion is murder and modest is hottest? No Derick wants to have as many little Dillards as possible. He's just as crazy as Jill. 

I hate that I am defending Jill, but she did say that the heartbeat rate theory; high = girl, low = boy;  was an old wives tale.  She even said that a high heartbeat could mean the baby is moving at the time too.  Now that I have clarified that though, she did bring it up when she didn't have too.  Could have just said, "Sounds like a good, strong heartbeat."  

I don't think Ben and Flame's or Ben and Jeremy's  relationship is strange considering the age difference.  These people don't have a lot of friends and they believe highly in mentors.  I'm sure Joy was made to spend time with Sierra so that more of her "tomboy" behaviors would be stamped out.  Sierra is popping out babies and loves to cook and entertain etc.   The show calls them BFF's, but Sierra was to be a role model. 

I don't look down on that "caterer" bringing store bought cheeses for Jinger to try.  She just wanted to get a feel for which cheeses Jinger wanted to serve at her reception.  No need to bring in big wheels of stuff just for that.  Also, Jinger introduced that lady as someone who  enjoyed cooking for large crowds, so I wonder if she isn't really a caterer, but instead, just volunteered to help them?   I also wonder if she doesn't make meals for the Duggars every week or even every night.  I could see the Duggars hiring someone like that to bring in big casseroles like that to the TTH every night.  Someone has to feed all those kids and since none of the Duggars seem to know how to cook,  it makes sense to me.   

3 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I hate that I am defending Jill, but she did say that the heartbeat rate theory; high = girl, low = boy;  was an old wives tale.  She even said that a high heartbeat could mean the baby is moving at the time too.  Now that I have clarified that though, she did bring it up when she didn't have too.  Could have just said, "Sounds like a good, strong heartbeat."  

I don't think Ben and Flame's or Ben and Jeremy's  relationship is strange considering the age difference.  These people don't have a lot of friends and they believe highly in mentors.  I'm sure Joy was made to spend time with Sierra so that more of her "tomboy" behaviors would be stamped out.  Sierra is popping out babies and loves to cook and entertain etc.   The show calls them BFF's, but Sierra was to be a role model. 

I don't look down on that "caterer" bringing store bought cheeses for Jinger to try.  She just wanted to get a feel for which cheeses Jinger wanted to serve at her reception.  No need to bring in big wheels of stuff just for that.  Also, Jinger introduced that lady as someone who  enjoyed cooking for large crowds, so I wonder if she isn't really a caterer, but instead, just volunteered to help them?   I also wonder if she doesn't make meals for the Duggars every week or even every night.  I could see the Duggars hiring someone like that to bring in big casseroles like that to the TTH every night.  Someone has to feed all those kids and since none of the Duggars seem to know how to cook,  it makes sense to me.   

Except they do know how to cook. Jill and Jana at least,  and was it Jinger that was teaching Joy how to make bread, where they had to grind their own flour? That is cooking IMO. I think they play dumb for the tv on the cooking. Jill cooks all the time she just had a hard time adjusting to cooking for 2 from cooking for 20.  Jessa and Jinger had laundry duty and I do think for years the older 4 girls had most of the house work duties (cooking laundry cleaning the house)  while MEchelle was spitting out baby after baby after baby.

The fact that they titter self-righteously at the mention of 'old wives' tales' yet earnestly tour places like that bloody creation museum makes my eyes roll that little bit harder.

I do have to thank this episode for my new avatar of Spuddy. for all their evil he is one cute kiddo. 

3C731C4D00000578-4150450-image-a-45_1485243015425.jpg

1 hour ago, LovelyLuna said:

I do have to thank this episode for my new avatar of Spuddy. for all their evil he is one cute kiddo. 

God, he is cute. I am typically very uninterested in their social media, but I find myself checking Jessa's frequently just to see new pics of that little guy.

22 hours ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Jinger couldn't have sounded happier "Tomorrow I'll be GAWN" Hahahaha. I still think she got a good deal marrying Jeremy. She may have been "freed" after all. She's saying "Bye Felicia" to the Duggar clan. Money is on her for the "Tell All" book. 

Sorry Jill looks like a frump and her husband looks like a meth making hill billy with a man bun. He clearly wants to be a hippie in a tent. Somehow I doubt this mirrors Jill's x1000 babies goal.

Still fairly new so trying to find my way around. Not sure if I'm quoting correctly , but I think the the whole modest is hottest , wanting a ton of kids blurb that Derrick spews is something that he knows is considered 'right' in his world, but deep down he doesn't want that. I can see him loosing it after a few kids and telling Jill to stop or slow down. He wants to travel and be like the apostle Paul , if Jill keeps popping out babies every other year, he will feel restrained because Jill isn't cut out to be a real missionary and he knows it. He doesn't want to be parked anywhere and he doesn't want to make his wife completely miserable all the time either. 

3 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

He really is a an adorable little pumpkin pie.  Unfortunately he has a pair of dolts for parents and both his grandfathers are slime.

To remove the quote box, just click the piece of paper looking icon in the editing bar and it will clear the post. 

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

To remove the quote box, just click the piece of paper looking icon in the editing bar and it will clear the post. 

Thanks!

I thought that Joy was rude during this episode about not serving the wedding guests real food. 

Jason,  is turning into a cutie and he is one of the more well spoken of the boys. 

It made me sad for Jed and Jeer when one of them was saying how they don't really go out to concerts or other things, and that they would rather just stay home and do things with just the family.  How sad.  Two young men, decent looking, probably reasonably intelligent, financially well off, etc and their lives are already so narrow.  That just made me sad.  And, I have to tell you,  I think something is off with Jeremiah,  the one who was sent to alert.  He seems very guarded to me.  He gives me vibes of being lost or disconnected in some way. 

I wonder how they decide who goes to alert.  Is it a privilege to go or is it a punishment?  Joe seems subdued as well.  Josiah seems to have gotten obnoxious since he came back and has a very fake "try hard" way about him as if he is forcing the cheerfulness and good attitude. 

Jason seems bright to me and I remember him doing those videos which were actually pretty decent, all things considered.  I hope that if any of these kids,  maybe it will be Jason, shows intellectual prowess that they would be allowed to go to college. I know it won't happen, but it would so good for them. 

I just feel like their lives must be so dull

4 hours ago, calimojo said:

I thought that Joy was rude during this episode about not serving the wedding guests real food. 

I thought maybe she was snarking on her own family when she said that. LOL. Wouldn't it be amazing if Joy provided a nutritious meal for all the 1000+ guests at her wedding? Now that would be truly Christ-like. 

@calimojo I thought they all were sent to ALERT? People on this board say that Josiah was sent back multiple times. What happened with Joseph? 

agreed on the comment about Josiah. His spirit was crushed, too. He used to be open and funny, a jokester who even wore pink/purple for his graduation party, becuase WHY NOT! I always see him as the funny , artsy guy who can be risk taker. Josiah used to be the brave one.

That all changed when he announced the courtship with Marjorie. I think there he looked shellshocked and "deer-in-the-headlight"-like, much too young. Since then he declined. The  Josh scandals may have been too much for him,too.

On 1/25/2017 at 5:37 PM, SnazzyNazzy said:

It's totally same shit, different day with them. Someone is either courting, getting married, getting/being pregnant, or birthing their crotchfruit. Add a healthy dose of Jesus-speak, and there you go. 

+1 for the new vocabulary word :)

21 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Derick? Abortion is murder and modest is hottest? No Derick wants to have as many little Dillards as possible. He's just as crazy as Jill. 

I never got this one though.  Modest by definition almost means "not hot at all."  If it is getting to be the hottest, you should probably tone it down a bit before you defraud someone.

8 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I thought maybe she was snarking on her own family when she said that. LOL. Wouldn't it be amazing if Joy provided a nutritious meal for all the 1000+ guests at her wedding? Now that would be truly Christ-like. 

@calimojo I thought they all were sent to ALERT? People on this board say that Josiah was sent back multiple times. What happened with Joseph? 

I thought she was being snarky too, maybe she does read here. LOL!  if they get married at the camp they could have a big BBQ, even just serving hamburgers and hot dogs with all the picnic fare to go with it would be a step up & in my circles BBQ with hamburgers and hots dogs with all the other stuff is a damn good time, but we also have booze and music to go with it.  Now THAT would super impress all of us if they had a full on reception with food, music and dancing. I know there won't be any alcohol, but the dancing alone would be scandalous.  

59 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I thought she was being snarky too, maybe she does read here. LOL!  if they get married at the camp they could have a big BBQ, even just serving hamburgers and hot dogs with all the picnic fare to go with it would be a step up & in my circles BBQ with hamburgers and hots dogs with all the other stuff is a damn good time, but we also have booze and music to go with it.  Now THAT would super impress all of us if they had a full on reception with food, music and dancing. I know there won't be any alcohol, but the dancing alone would be scandalous.  

I don't get why the Duggars won't even do traditional/classic dances like waltzes, square dancing, etc. Its not like twerking is the only way to dance. If I'm not mistaken even Amish people dance when they have a "Sing". 

And yeah I wonder if Joy's wedding will have food. Does the camp have a cafeteria? LOL

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived