IGNORED

Christian lawyer claims Orlando cops need to ‘get tested for AIDS’ because of gay shooting victims

lilwriter85

WTF? I've had  about enough of these white, homophobic, racist and evangelical man. Damn it! They make me furious.

My heart goes out to all the families of friends of the victims and I hope they don't ever get to read this BS.

Why? WHY? What did he gain from making this claim? Did it make him feel better? More powerful? More pure? More godly? Something? 

Such a lack of empathy and dignity. Believe in what you want, but most people know to stay silent in situations like this. People died. People got hurt. People still suffer. It's been less than a year. If you can't (or don't want to) help at least STFU. 

The thing I really don't understand is that emergency services have had protocols about blood, and dealing with all kinds of disasters, for literally decades.  It's standard procedure for every responder to take precautions about every situation involving bodily fluids - because you can't tell HIV status just from how someone looks, or where they are when an incident occurs!  It literally boggles my mind that this "Christian" is so ignorant.

(I was brought up atheist, so I am not an expert, but the Biblical equivalent is something like leprosy, and I must have missed the parts where Jesus recoils from the lepers in horror, and insists on tons of washing after going anywhere near one... Where are those verses again?)

ETA What i really don't understand is the insistence that the Orlando shooting wasn't about homophobia.  It's such a weird position to take - "the shooting was not about homophobia, but gay people are wrong and diseased".  Genuinely confused as to how people can argue these things.

Universal precautions.

It's how millions of healthcare personnel have stayed healthy through the decades.... I mean, you don't see surgeons contracting blood-borne diseases left, right, and center, do you? Besides, an individual would almost have to be dousing and rubbing HIV-infected blood (with a high viral load) into a deep wound to acquire HIV through non-sexual contact.

As for needing to get tested because one was in contact with gay people... I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

I was privileged to see the group Gays Against Guns at the March in DC.  Among the other marchers in the group were 49 people shrouded in white representing those killed at Pulse.  It brought tears to my eyes.

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!* on this motherfucker!

*That's what we chanted as we passed by the Westboro trolls at the candlelight march when the Names Project AIDS Memorial Quilt was displayed on the Mall in 1996.

• 1 year later...

Now Mat Staver is advocating that people ought to have the right to lynch LGBTQ folks

Archived