IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

In one of the videos there's a guy flipping through one of the Bibles and turning it over and he's got a rather incredulous look on his face. I'm guessing he can't read English and he's thinking "what the fuck am I supposed to do with this?"

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So john went to a CATHOLIC funeral and was so disgusted by the evil lies being spewed he managed to completely insult the family by trying to preach the "true" word of God and pass out tracts so the ebil Catholics could see the light. 

44 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

So john went to a CATHOLIC funeral and was so disgusted by the evil lies being spewed he managed to completely insult the family by trying to preach the "true" word of God and pass out tracts so the ebil Catholics could see the light. 

'Tone deaf' doesn't even come close. 

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

'Tone deaf' doesn't even come close. 

Actually, I'm catholic and a few weeks ago attended a protestant funeral for my hubby's grandmother. It was a nice service and while I did quietly decline their version of communion, not once was I inspired to get up and yell "you heretics are doing it all wrong!" guess that's the difference between john and i. 

John can fuck off.  With prejudice.

He sees funerals as a fantastic place to preach hell fire and damnation and prey upon the grieving.  I really hope that some day soon the nationals will see him coming and stage a counter-demonstration against him.  He's as evil as Westboro Baptist church and needs the same treatment.

39 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

It was a nice service and while I did quietly decline their version of communion,

Why?  Genuine question.  Was this because you did not want "their version" or because you thought they would not want to share communion with a Catholic?

Most Catholics I know would have no problem sharing the eucharist in some Protestant churches, but then I do tend to hang out with rather radical and ecumenically-leaning Catholics.  Post Vatican II they see it as an agape meal, not transubstantiation. Most Anglican and Methodist ministers I know would not object to sharing the eucharist with Catholics.

On the other hand, I do not take communion in Catholic churches because, although many priests I know would not object to giving it to me, the Vatican would not approve.  

I can't even imagine attending a funeral or wedding and, in the midst of great grief or joy, start handing out biblical tracts which state you are all going to burn in hell because you heard the wrong version of certain verses.  Do members of Daddy Shrader's church approve of this?  Is this something they do in Katy, Texas?  I doubt it.  They should be ashamed to support these sorts of hurtful and disruptive antics.

8 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Do members of Daddy Shrader's church approve of this?  Is this something they do in Katy, Texas?  I doubt it.  They should be ashamed to support these sorts of hurtful and disruptive antics.

I bet John wouldn't have the nerve to do that around white Catholics. It's the poor Africans that need his white guidance. Such bs. I'm surprised he's not whining about how someone told him off. 

Sometimes I find a tract in a library book or a book I bought secondhand. That tract is ripped into pieces and put in the trash. I hope one of the mourners had to nerve to rip one up in John's face.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I really hope that some day soon the nationals will see him coming and stage a counter-demonstration against him.

I think that's already happening -- people are counter demonstrating with their feet. 

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I think that's already happening -- people are counter demonstrating with their feet. 

In Kafue, perhaps.  He seems to have worn out his welcome there.  It is interesting that his leghumpers are not telling him to focus on consolidating his first church (attacked by Satan) before spreading his wings elsewhere. That should be a priority.But they are all criminally ignorant.   

John is making a habit of invading funerals in rural areas (I refuse to call it "the bush") where people do not know him.  

It is beyond disrespectful. How dare John invade funerals.  He really makes me want to puke!

I think John is bucking for R & R back in the States.  His ego needs feeding.

After a sabbatical he will move his center of operations away from Kafue (where he has burned bridges) to these new locations. 'Cos he wants to be a missionary and will never actually work for a living, unless being a con-man counts as working.

@Howl, I asked a question a page or two back.  Have you not answered because you don't remember - or did you not see it?

John may have a shock if he does try to re-start operations in a new "arena". A lot of folk from Karfue will have family in rural areas and will (hopefully) be able to warn the villagers to ignore John.

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

John can fuck off.  With prejudice.

He sees funerals as a fantastic place to preach hell fire and damnation and prey upon the grieving.  I really hope that some day soon the nationals will see him coming and stage a counter-demonstration against him.  He's as evil as Westboro Baptist church and needs the same treatment.

Why?  Genuine question.  Was this because you did not want "their version" or because you thought they would not want to share communion with a Catholic?

Most Catholics I know would have no problem sharing the eucharist in some Protestant churches, but then I do tend to hang out with rather radical and ecumenically-leaning Catholics.  Post Vatican II they see it as an agape meal, not transubstantiation. Most Anglican and Methodist ministers I know would not object to sharing the eucharist with Catholics.

On the other hand, I do not take communion in Catholic churches because, although many priests I know would not object to giving it to me, the Vatican would not approve.  

I much doubt the Vatican knows you are alive - or gives a shit whether you take communion or not.

What an ego.

Really? What an ego? I don't take communion either because that's not my faith. It's a respect thing, not an ego thing. I put the meaning into it that they do, so it's not appropriate for me to participate. You have quite an ego to give someone shit for trying to be respectful. 

48 minutes ago, nssherlock said:

I much doubt the Vatican knows you are alive - or gives a shit whether you take communion or not.

What an ego.

I think that politely answering to you would be like throwing pearls to the swines.

You come here trolling and expecting to be replied to politely and with logically sound posts only to piss on the other posters. 

What a jerk. What an ego.

So by John's reasoning he would hypothetically be ok with atheists/humanist or followers of Islam or Catholics or Buddhists handing out pamphlets "respectfully" at his family members funeral so long as one of the mourners had asked them to do so?  

There were three funerals at that village and while John was expected to be at one, he crashed the others to hand out tracts and Bible booklets. Can you imagine some random person just showing up at your loved one's funeral to tell you you are all going to hell and here, take this tract that most likely isn't in a language you read? 

It is really no wonder John is traveling from village to village, I bet everyone in Kafue hates him because he has literally no manners. At this rate all of Zambia will know John and despise him in another year or so. 

12 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@Howl, I asked a question a page or two back.  Have you not answered because you don't remember - or did you not see it?

Thanks for asking.  I did see it but somehow had a minor mental brain freeze and while contemplating your question, answered on the wrong thread (DPIAT), deleted the response, and couldn't remember where the original question was.  I don't recall the person you mentioned, although he did sound intriguing.  Or am I even more confused?

@Howl, no worries.  I was hoping it would ring a bell with you because it was such an odd story.  I expect my memory will cough it up sometime. 

nssherlock doesn't like me much do they?  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Actually not taking communion at Catholic mass was quite contentious early in my marriage.  My SIL, the radical and ecumenical Catholic nun, attempted to drag me up to the altar a couple of times.  I don't know what she was trying to prove - perhaps she wanted to see me rejected at the altar or perhaps she wanted everyone to know how broadminded she is.  She took a lot of convincing as to why she should leave me alone - until the Vatican officially approves of ecumenism I ain't doing it, buster!  I don't think she has ever forgiven me.  

Honestly, the priest might not have known or cared but probably half of Mr. P's older relatives would have had strokes if the very first proddy marrying into the family had taken communion with them.

A poster called him out (sort of), saying she'd find that offensive in the us but maybe things are different in Zambia. John assured her that yes, of course they are. Maybe, but I'm not convinced. Still seems rude to me. 

Wow, some people are really awful, but I'm not concerned with the ignorance of trolls. I didn't take communion bc I didn't know if it was ok or not. I read later that it was, but I know when my hubby goes to church with me, he isn't supposed to get communion and I didn't want his church to be the same way about people of other faiths and then have me go and disrespect that. I didn't want to offend anyone, that's all. I really don't care if the Vatican knows  I  exist. 

46 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

A poster called him out (sort of), saying she'd find that offensive in the us but maybe things are different in Zambia. John assured her that yes, of course they are. Maybe, but I'm not convinced. Still seems rude to me. 

I just don't see John learning local customs. And he always claims people are flocking to him to want his tracts, another thing I don't believe. John never likes to be questioned, and he had to get a little dig at her by implying she might not be saved.

I sincerely hope that you know 100% for sure that you are ready to be judged by God, that you are born again.

I hope I get the facts right in this post. I was raised catholic and was at a catholic school.  we had regular ecumenical masses at the end of the school year or before Eastern or Christmas. During these masses it was pretty normal to attend communion, and if I remember correctly a catholic and protestant priest were there. I can not remember if only one of them or both offered the communion. But there was only altar bread and no grape juice or wine. Now that I am an adult I attend protestant mass because of personal reason. Now and then we go to a catholic ceremony like a wedding  or when we  spend Eastern/christmas at my parents place. While I attend the protestant communion with bread and grape juice /wine, mr. Scrabblemaster, who is protestant, does not attend the catholic communion.  @Palimpsest It is well known that the catholic priest in our town would never give the communion to a protestant person.  But the priest before him did  so. At our protestant mass they invite everybody to take the communion, so I thought if it is okay for them it is okay for me. I was shocked when my very catholic aunt responded to that. She gave me a long "sermon" why I should never ever do so. I asked our old catholic priest after that, and he explained to me that Catholics should not attend the protestant communion, he told me the reasons but I can not remember a single one. Sorry. BUT while he said that he would not take the protestant communion, he was totally okay with me doing so. I had the feeling that his personal opinion was different from the official church opinion. Maybe I should have listened better in religion classes at school, then I would know the reasons. In conclusion: i am catholic but I take protestant communion on a regular basis. Because I have no problem with it and my protestant church has no problem with it. Mr. S. does not take the catholic communion(when we go to a catholic mass)  because the priest has a problem with it. And like @Palimpsest said in much better words the catholic church would not like it.

I respect everybody who chooses to do otherwise than me. Because I think it is a very personal decision. And I would not take the protestant communion if our priest or the protestant church did not want it. 

@Scrabblemaster, I think that is very well said.  I also remember something resembling inter-communion with both a Catholic and an Anglican priest giving communion - but they called it an "agape" (love) meal not "communion."  I remember both bread and wine, but they were both rather radical University Chaplains and big on ecumenism.  I've known quite a few Catholic priests, both in the UK and the US, who wouldn't object to giving communion to Protestants but, again, they don't agree with a lot of Vatican rulings.

I found an article on it:  http://www.uscatholic.org/church/2011/08/can-catholic-receive-communion-protestant-church

After saying that for a Catholic to receive communion at a Protestant Church is against Canon Law it says this:

Still, within the confines of canon law, the exceptions to the rule are rather limited, and receiving communion from a Lutheran pastor during a wedding would normally be seen as “illicit” for Catholic wedding guests. At the same time, some Catholics would like to, and do, receive communion on these rare occasions.

These Catholics, after a careful examination of their conscience, find compelling reasons to “gain a needed grace” by receiving communion in a Protestant church. And it is also true that eucharistic sharing has occurred at the highest levels of the church. Even Jesus occasionally broke the religious law of his day, though he did so to fulfill the “spirit” of the law.

So it is possible that one could follow Jesus’ lead. In our example a compelling reason might be to demonstrate one’s deep love and commitment to nurturing the relationship of the newly married couple. Intercommunion could be a “yes” to God by witnessing to God’s presence in the marriage and committing to God’s work of salvation in their lives.

In the end, this may be fulfilling the “spirit” of canon law while going against the letter.

So it is a matter of personal choice according to the article.  I'm sure people like Cardinal Burke and your aunt would disagree but it might give you ammunition if you need it.

My brother and I both married Catholics, somewhat to the dismay of our parents and the barely concealed horror of my Baptist grandmother.  My husband was already lapsed but we went ahead and got a dispensation so he could marry me in a CoE church.  If we hadn't done that my in-laws would have boycotted the wedding.  My SIL also got a dispensation to marry a Protestant, and she and my brother had a Catholic wedding with no Mass.  She later lapsed and joined my brother's Methodist church.  I don't think she had to get re-baptized or reconfirmed - she just did it.  

Of course the John Shrader's of this world wouldn't want any heathen Catholics around his church without making them do the full magical Biblical Salvation and complete dunking experience.  The two extremes both think ecumenical is a four letter word. 

12 hours ago, nssherlock said:

What an ego.

I would agree.  They're too busy hiring lawyers, counting their money and covering their asses.

12 hours ago, nssherlock said:

What an ego.

Another Catholic here. I don't  care if the Vatican knows I'm alive, but I can guarantee you my individual Catholic parish knows. And they do give a shit whether I receive communion or not (It's 'receive,' not 'take.'). 

You might want to  check YOUR ego before you post again. It's so huge it's getting in the way of any sort of common courtesy you may or may not have. :my_dodgy:

Archived