IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

Is it me or does John sound slightly manic in his new post? Paranoid, even? 

I love how he says that Jesus suffered as well. I don't think you can compare people calling you out on broken promises and failed grifting attempts to Jesus dying on the cross, but I digress. 

He thanked every one of the 200 some comments on his rant. From the looks of the time stamps, he was sitting and waiting for each comment as it popped up. Sitting behind your computer raving about Satan won't help anyone John. If something is truely wrong, then get off your ass and WORK I fix it. God helps those who help themselves. Although I really doubt there is any satanic work going on, just that his followers are dissenting because they realize he is a con man with a white savior Complex who has been trying to dupe them into worshiping him for years 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SuchABlessing, it isn't just you.  John goes through phases when he definitely sounds manic.  We have noticed the patterns before.  He goes through spasms of intense activity, bursts of grandiose and frantic talk, and "highs" if you will.  Then he descends into the Slough of Despond and weeps and wails excessively.  And so on.

All the "Dearly Beloved" and comparing himself to Jesus crap gets on my nerves.  Up to 225 shares and 212 comments now.

I did a spot of research.  All his converts on FB have now made their pages private too.  Shucks.  He does seem to have lost young Handia though.  Handia was one of his poster kids for the so-called Bible Institute and I desperately wanted him to break free.  Handia now lists his studies at Bible Institute in past tense and seems to have moved to Russia! He is now studying at "Obninsk Institute for Nuclear Power Engineering."  Go, Handia!

John did get one supportive message from a fellow missionary in the area (I forget the name) and a share asking for support for the "sweet" Shraders.  However, the Sauders (Justin-Danielle), who are supposed to be friends and very local to the Shraders, haven't said a word - and they have been updating FB since Johns Mayday.  Interesting. 

I can't see that post anymore. I guess it got enough shares to feed his ego and he made it private. This was never about prayer, it was always about John needing to see how many people still like him. 

Yes, he's hidden it again, the little rascal.  I hope Esther and the kids are all OK.

I am going to say that when you have 1,553 friends on Facebook, like John, fewer than 250 shares and responses to a MayDay !!!!!111111eleventy!!!!!1111 post like that seems a bit underwhelming.  MMV.

Hey, Palimpsest, your post count is Noted Duck Biologist!  Congratulations!

I worry about what would happen if John truly went bonkers -- over the edge with mania.  What would Esther's options be?  Perhaps this isn't new to her, she's used to it and copes by staying focused on keeping things going with the kids.  I guess she could SOS her family if things got truly dire. 

Ooh!  Thanks for pointing that out. @Howl.  Geoff Botkin's claim to being a duck biologist never fails to give me the giggles.

I think if John ever really went bonkers the local missionary community would rally round and help Esther and the kids.  He and they would  need to be shipped home - at Daddy's expense whether Daddy likes it or not.

I do wonder.  As I've said before, John reminds me of my SIL who has bipolar disorder.  If he is undiagnosed then I feel sorry for them all.  He does have major mood swings and in his "highs" he could get into trouble with the law because he may lack impulse control.  In his "lows" Esther probably just soldiers on.  Very hard.

Perhaps Dad Shrader is aware of this it is one of the reasons he keeps bailing out his flailing son.  I'm sure a lot of John's followers are venturing into "Well bless his heart" territory.  

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Perhaps Dad Shrader is aware of this it is one of the reasons he keeps bailing out his flailing son.  I'm sure a lot of John's followers are venturing into "Well bless his heart" territory.  

I'm sorry to be a lazy butt, but I tried to figure out who Pops Shrader is and which could ngregation he leads -- and the rabbit trail just got direr and ickier. Can someone please post a link or the right name to Google? Many thanks. 

Dad Shrader's congregation is in Katy, Texas, which is now on the encroaching frontier of Houston suburbs or maybe it's a rapidly developing ex-urb.  I've only been there once.  Lots of building going on.   Downtown Houston is 25 miles away. 

ETA:  Tri-County Baptist Church

Katy is a rural rice farming community (where fields haven't been planted with housing developments) and probably lots of cotton -- prime Baptist country. 

Here's the deal at Tri-County Baptist, with Rick Shrader as it's head. 

We have a strong commitment to Missions and practice a Faith Promise Giving program to support like-minded missionaries around the world. 

Below is a brief overview of our doctrinal positions. 

We believe:

• God exists and is the only foundation for our faith (Genesis 1:1; Romans 10:17)
  • Jesus Christ is God (1 John 5:6-7)
  • The Bible is God's word, is without error, and is our sole authority for faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16)
  • Jesus Christ was born of a virgin (Matthew 1:23)
  • The blood of Jesus Christ is necessary for the forgiveness of sins (Ephesians 1:7)
  • All men are sinners and require salvation to go to Heaven (Romans 3:23; John 3:3)
  • The independent local church is God's design*, with Jesus Christ as its ultimate head (Colossians 1:18)

While it is our burden to reach all lost persons, it is our practice to live separated from the world in music, dress, conduct and lifestyle. We do not preach "easy believe-ism," but rather that the Christian walk should be one of repentance and service.

The King James Version (1611 version, 1769 edition) is read exclusively from the pulpit.

This makes them an Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Church, I guess, although they don't say it. 

Daddy Rick Shrader swiffered his church website about a year ago.  About the same time as he set his own FB to private.  

Daddy Rick's church is most definitely IFB. 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Daddy Rick Shrader swiffered his church website about a year ago.  About the same time as he set his own FB to private.  

Thank you and @Howl too!!!!

David Rea is asking for money to ship Bibles to Zambia. Apparently Zambia has no Bibles. 

On 1/23/2017 at 8:56 PM, SuchABlessing said:
Wait wait wait, he's angry that people aren't praying enough for him and because of this, Satan is sending him FB spam friend requests? 
I guess you're doing pretty well for yourself if the only way Satan is trying to get to you is through your inbox. 

OMG I don't even know who John is and I'm a fan already!!! loveeeeee.

23 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

David Rea is asking for money to ship Bibles to Zambia. Apparently Zambia has no Bibles. 

But does he have a chicken house to store them in?:penguin-no:

By the way, whatever happened to Rea's plan to start baking and selling bread and did he ever get his driving license sorted out?

33 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

But wait!  Didn't a certain Baptist missionary -- living in Kafue, serving Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa and Beyond (!), and currently under attack by Satan bigly -- receive shipping containers full of bibles recently and who is blessed by  a fleet of precious vehicles perfect for distributing said bibles  and taking Troopie selfies?  If ever there was an opportunity to one-up David Rea......just sayin', John. 

@Howl, chances are that John's recent shipment of Biblical loo paper is exactly why Rea is asking for his own supply.

With Rea and Shrader it is Monkey see, Monkey do.

So, if Shrader has all these Bibles and he's always said that his intention is to distribute them "in the bush", why isn't he? He's got his all important Troupie, he's got the time, he's always fantasized about doing it, why doesn't he just load of the truck and go? 

11 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

So, if Shrader has all these Bibles and he's always said that his intention is to distribute them "in the bush", why isn't he? He's got his all important Troupie, he's got the time, he's always fantasized about doing it, why doesn't he just load of the truck and go? 

My undoubtedly uniformed guess is that he wouldn't know where the hell to go to distribute his bibles.  (Despite his being in Zambia for "long enough to know.")

No wonder Daddy wants him to stay far, far away.

I've said it before, John is a hoarder. He gets something, he keeps it. Children, vehicles, bibles. The chickens somehow got away.

It really is all about him.

Sadly.

Out of curiosity, what is the national language of Zambia? Is it one language or does it vary by location? 

I imagine the Bibles are in English, as John wouldn't think so far as to get them otherwise even if the locals didn't speak English. 

3 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

Out of curiosity, what is the national language of Zambia? Is it one language or does it vary by location? 

I imagine the Bibles are in English, as John wouldn't think so far as to get them otherwise even if the locals didn't speak English. 

The "official" language - or language of officialdom - is English.  It would be a second language for most, but not everyone speaks it.  Probably the other two predominant languages (acting as lingua franca) are Nyanja and Bemba.  There are many different languages and dialects though depending on the region.  

At one point John had this big plan to translate the Bible into Nyanja (IIRC) and was working with the "men" on translating a couple of chapters.  It all seemed a bit redundant because the whole Bible is already available in Nyanja - the first version in published in 1884 according to the Bible Society of Zambia!  But perhaps those translations were made by the wrong sort of Christians.

There are plenty of Bibles available in Zambia in all translations.  Coals to Newcastle.  Why John and Rea keep wanting them shipped in makes no sense.  It is probably cheaper to import them but it doesn't help the local economy at all.  

Well, the Bible translation project is one more to add to the failed-to-launch list. 

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

:Zap: "Swiffered," you say? More like, took a heavy-duty shop vac, then called Got Junk?, then torched the place, then had a tiny house built on the ashes!  Really says almost nothing---but it does seem that John's still assistant pastor of record.  So there's that. 

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

But does he have a chicken house to store them in?:penguin-no:

By the way, whatever happened to Rea's plan to start baking and selling bread and did he ever get his driving license sorted out?

He has not mentioned where exactly he will put all these Bibles, just that he has the money to ship a container of things for his family, but not the money to ship a container of Bibles. 

He has seemed to drop the idea of baking and selling bread, possible because that wouldn't be legal and I really doubt the people of Zambia need The Great White Man to teach them how to bake bread. 

He is back in America, no mention of his license. 

Rea seems to be annoyed that people have said they will pray about giving him the money. He wrote that people spend money all the time without praying about it so why pray about giving him money?

I see John has made his Satanic Attack post public again.

I've never had 29 shares before of a post (to my best recollection), much less 229 shares! I cannot know how many have/were/are praying for us, but we have felt it.

Please keep praying for Eugene, as his heart is so hardened. The judge had to grant the divorce, but urged reconciliation and said she could cancel it within thirty days. 

There are problems with Arcade's paperwork, so he will be returning to Burundi earlier than we hoped, but God willing, he will return next January for his ordination and missionary commissioning and sending along with Jolis.

God is helping Roderick as well, please keep him and Jacqueline In your prayers

God is most especially working in my heart, and my wife and my brethren here can see it. Truly "the flesh profiteth nothing," and how I so desperately need God to change me more and more into His Image, helping me to crucify the old man and yield to Christ living HIS Life in me! 

John is so dramatic.

Archived