IGNORED

Maxwell 7: Still boring

Destiny

11 hours ago, Granwych said:

Oh, I dunno about that.  Steve-o is a huge behind (read: arse) in everything he sermonizes about.

No joy is apparent in his family's sad shuttered lives, and it's all because of him.

Joseph wants to show his brothers just how much better and physically fit he is.

Marital sex will do that to you in fundieland

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Notice how Teri asked the mom of the Bible Bee kids if she's relieved that she no longer has to go over their verses every day. Teri always seems to automatically assume that other mothers find parenthood to be as joyless as she does. I'm not saying *I* would enjoy drilling kids in Bible memorization every day. (I would rather have kids who understand what they're reading, rather than parroting random, unrelated verses.) I also detest soccer and would therefore make a terrible soccer mom. But some families are into Bible memorization or soccer or playing the violin (another UGH!). I don't assume these parents dread the time they spend supporting their children in these endeavors, or that they look forward to when it's over.

Very insightful. Sounds like Terifying hasn't enjoyed much of life until recently either. Looks like the only one for whom Stevism really works has been -- imagine this! -- Steve "Cries On Cue" Maxwell!

Give that guy an award. 

Celebrated the anti-fast by going to the restaurant where my son is an apprentice chef, and having an amazing meal. Double celebration of the fast there: enjoying an amazing meal AND knowing it was cooked by my son.

Hey Stevie, my SON can cook better than your wife and daughters.  

As for Terri, I just feel sad when I think of her. She obviously loves her kids but she just doesn't seem to have enjoyed mothering them. I feel sad that she couldn't go out and find something she loved and felt passionate about. A wasted life. 

If I were one of the moms at the Bible Bee, I would feel so awkward if some older mom asked me if I resented my children and dreaded spending time with them as much as she did.

Teri should never have been forced to have the number of kids she had, and she shouldn't have been forced to be a do-it-all homeschooling SAHM. The way Steve cared/cares nothing for her mental health and actual desires is just plain abusive.

Photo of Christina up. She looks so cute. Such a damn shame about her family (mainly father and grandparents).

Sarah's new post is just cringeworthy. Do these people know no limits? 

Basically, happy anniversary Nathan and Melanie. Remember when your firstborn died? Remember all the nicu stays your kids have had? Didn't that bring you two closer together? 

Not the best sentiments for a pregnant lady, Sarah. 

@SuchABlessing, really!  of all things to bring up.  yes, pretty much everyone who has been together for 15 years has faced and overcome adversity, but is it really necessary to find the absolute worst one and work it into "happy anniversary"?  and if she had to, she could have dropped the direct reference to their daughter and left it with the valley of death.  regular readers of the blog are smart enough to understand.  

but no, let's acknowledge a happy marriage with tragedy and despair, with no mention whatsoever of the other four beautiful children or the upcoming baby, no fond memories, no shared accomplishments, no future dreams.  

way to go, Maxwells.

I think Teri is probably shocked that anyone would enjoy spending time with their kids.  As the poster above mentioned, there are parents that hate soccer but they will still show up and enjoy seeing their little snowflake run around the field. Although depression likely played a huge part in Teri's checking out of parenthood, I wonder if being a parent was never going to be an enjoyment for her even without the depression. Some people didn't want kids but did so because it was what as expected when you got married. As it is, she seems to think spending time with the grandkids is a chore that has to be scheduled in weekly in half hour increments. She might have been a better aunt who could drop in every few weeks but then leave without taking the responsibility of the kids with her. 

1 hour ago, catlady said:

@SuchABlessing, really!  of all things to bring up.  yes, pretty much everyone who has been together for 15 years has faced and overcome adversity, but is it really necessary to find the absolute worst one and work it into "happy anniversary"?  and if she had to, she could have dropped the direct reference to their daughter and left it with the valley of death.  regular readers of the blog are smart enough to understand.  

but no, let's acknowledge a happy marriage with tragedy and despair, with no mention whatsoever of the other four beautiful children or the upcoming baby, no fond memories, no shared accomplishments, no future dreams.  

way to go, Maxwells.

I went back and re-read the blog update. I'm honestly horrified. 

34 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

I went back and re-read the blog update. I'm honestly horrified. 

It is so very Maxwellian.  "Life sucks and then you die.  Do you know where you will go when you die?"

Sarah could have given a passing mention to the lovely and apparently healthy children Nathan and Melanie have today but instead she focuses on sad things. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I think Teri is probably shocked that anyone would enjoy spending time with their kids.  As the poster above mentioned, there are parents that hate soccer but they will still show up and enjoy seeing their little snowflake run around the field. Although depression likely played a huge part in Teri's checking out of parenthood, I wonder if being a parent was never going to be an enjoyment for her even without the depression. Some people didn't want kids but did so because it was what as expected when you got married. As it is, she seems to think spending time with the grandkids is a chore that has to be scheduled in weekly in half hour increments. She might have been a better aunt who could drop in every few weeks but then leave without taking the responsibility of the kids with her. 

I completely relate to Teri's feelings. I've never wanted a large family. 2 kids max. I would've been fine with just 1. I also don't do well with babies/toddlers. Of course I love my kids but I have an extremely hard time being the main caregiver of babies/toddlers. It's completely exhausting. And I would hate homeschooling. That actually sounds like my idea of hell. Having a bunch of kids and being stuck homeschooling them all day and never giving me a break sounds absolutely horrid. What Steve did to her makes me think he's a selfish, disgusting human being. I'm glad her kids are grown and she can enjoy her life a little more. And good for her for scheduling small increments of grand kid time. She had no choice regarding her own kids but I'm so glad she has  choice in is much time she spends with her grandkids. You know she's going to end up with a bunch so she better make the rules clear. Otherwise Steve would probably push her into being a main babysitter for the grandkids too.

Curious that such a ... callous?? ... post should follow by a few weeks the tender and sweet post she wrote about Nate on his bday. (I haven't read the new one yet.)

I wonder if our PoorGal is feeling the strain. She sees the same dozen people (AFAIK) for most of her waking hours. She looks back in frustration and bewilderment that her perfect adherence to the Law Of Steve has left her in her mid-30's without a home, man or child of her own.  She looks ahead and sees more of the same. 

Now she posts something ... morbid? I'm going to go read it & then lie down for a nap. An old woman's head and heart can only take so much on a cold & gloomy day. 

Free Poor Sarah - somebody? Please?

I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she was thinking about the "through better or worse" verse and thought she could put a positive spin on it because Jesus! and Gods Plan! and [insert random Bible verse here]

Let me rewrite that for you, Sarah:

Happy 15th anniversary, Nathan and Melanie! Your love for each other and your beautiful children through hard times and happy times will always encourage us and bring joy to our family; we wish you many more happy, loving, and blessing-filled years together!

6 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Let me rewrite that for you, Sarah:

Happy 15th anniversary, Nathan and Melanie! Your love for each other and your beautiful children through hard times and happy times will always encourage us and bring joy to our family; we wish you many more happy, loving, and blessing-filled years together!

There you go. 

Sarah sounds deeply depressed, just like her mother. I don't think either of them thrive in this lifestyle. In fact, Sarah getting married and having kids is probably the worst thing for her at this point. She and Teri need to divorce Steve and go skydiving.

Yeah, I'm completely blaming Steve for her cluelessness. If he let her have a life and an education and friends and not make her constantly think about where she'll go when she dies, she could have done better. 

6 hours ago, socalrules said:

But Sarah is 35. I would think if she got married she wouldn't end up with a lot of kids.  I kind of hope she does get married, moves far away, and only has 2 or 3 kids. Because that seems like the most likely way she will be free from Steve. She and her future husband can promise to live in the area but after a year they run off to the west coast and never look back. 

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 5:56 PM, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Why don't I get a blog and take pictures everytime I vacuum or wash dishes or clean the windows (note: it should probably happen more often -- the sun shine was pretty unforgiving on my windows today)? 

The important question is: does anybody actually reads their crap except for us FJ  fundie stalkers? What homeschooling mother of 5 under five takes time to watch people in their 20s&30s doing normal chores - and almost nothing else besides it?

First what homeschool family wants to read about these folks. I homeschool. I wouldn't take advice from the Maxwells. Sarah is what 35? Mary is 20? Heck my kids are off dancing, college,working, traveling. O and I don't use bible at all for homeschooling. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But Sarah is 35. I would think if she got married she wouldn't end up with a lot of kids.  I kind of hope she does get married, moves far away, and only has 2 or 3 kids. Because that seems like the most likely way she will be free from Steve. She and her future husband can promise to live in the area but after a year they run off to the west coast and never look back. 

Sadly Sarah will never be free. Even if Steve dies. One of her brothers will take over. Sad. Free Sarah.

3 hours ago, 16strong said:

Sarah sounds deeply depressed, just like her mother. I don't think either of them thrive in this lifestyle. In fact, Sarah getting married and having kids is probably the worst thing for her at this point. She and Teri need to divorce Steve and go skydiving.

I can't believe Teri went along with this bs. If my husband did a Steve Maxwell, I'll run asap. 

"We had beautiful weather here in Kansas, and our vehicles were beyond need of washing, so the girls took time to clean them. The result? Sparkling vehicles"

FJ. Wtf? We know what happens when you wash cars. These people are beyond boring. I would rather watch birds 

"We had beautiful weather here in Kansas, and our vehicles were beyond need of washing, so the girls took time to clean them. The result? Sparkling vehicles"

So the Maxwells know how to clean and couldn't find anything better to do on a beautiful day.  Shocker.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

So the Maxwells know how to clean and couldn't find anything better to do on a beautiful day.  Shocker.

It is good to know how to clean and keep house, and I'll admit that I find it very Zen and satisfying to throw out a bunch of old stuff, mop the floor, and wipe down the countertops (and washing cars can be pretty fun in a way), but I'm not going to blog about it and pose for photos showing how much fun I'm having cleaning my kitchen.

19 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

Sarah's new post is just cringeworthy. Do these people know no limits? 

Basically, happy anniversary Nathan and Melanie. Remember when your firstborn died? Remember all the nicu stays your kids have had? Didn't that bring you two closer together? 

Not the best sentiments for a pregnant lady, Sarah. 

Oh dear.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived