IGNORED

Maxwell 7: Still boring

Destiny

5 hours ago, socalrules said:

I once put an IKEA bookshelf together by myself, I did not blog/post about it. I will go home after work and finally clean my stove. I will not blog/post about it either. I helped plan and throw a fabulous bridal shower for a friend recently. I did not blog/post about it because I find it inappropriate to blog/post about an event that is someone else's special day.  Life is filled with random joys, sorrows and boredom. There is no reason to blog/post about 95% of it. Or, if you are me, 100% of it. 

The Maxwells blog about the most random tasks that most of us would never think about the minute we are finished. I am surprised they don't have a series on folding laundry the Godly way. 

KonMari or nuthin', baybee!!

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

KonMari or nuthin', baybee!!

But but but that Mari Kondo looks SEVERELY immodest with her beautiful clothes that aren't jean skirts and she comes from a far away land where they don't practice Stevehovahism - how can we trust her to teach the Maxwells, or any fundie for that matter, how to organise and fold laundry???

I have chocolate. I have Ice Tea (not having alcohol at 3pm). I have Netflix. Will be ordering pizza and Pepsi later.

Happy anti-fast, y'all!!

21 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I have chocolate. I have Ice Tea (not having alcohol at 3pm). I have Netflix. Will be ordering pizza and Pepsi later.

Happy anti-fast, y'all!!

I'll join you guys later with mushroom risotto with lots of white wine and parmesan. And while eating that I'll enjoy a cold beer and watch Californication which fundies without doubt hate.

Happy anti-fast!! Enjoy yourselves :-)

This morning as I was reading Teri's three month late follow-up of their Bible Bee trip, one of my cats dramatically hurked up a hairball. So timely. So appropriate.

So even though I'm going to be cleaning up an unpleasant reminder that kitty needs more brushing, I still bet my day is off to a more promising start than that of any of the Maxwells. I'm free to choose my own pizza toppings for my anti-fast, and my husband will pick it up without me praying for its safe deliverance.

This is my first anti-fast, and I want to be sure I'm conducting it correctly. To further show my support for the female Maxwells, I will also be imposing a 24 hour moratorium on anything that even slightly resembles housework. Because I care.

Please, join me in the moratorium--you don't even need to sign up!

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Happy anti-fast, y'all!!

Do people normally have dessert with brunch?  It's happening today.  Chicken wings are on the menu for dinner.  Yum, this hot cocoa is good.  Hi Steve!

i forgot about the anti-fast, but i'm on my second Pepsi and i ate a sandwich for breakfast.  i will have macaroni and cheeze for lunch, oranges for a snack, and after a fish dinner, i will gorge on sponge candy all evening.

are we reverencing Steve with our anit-fast, or just making fun of him?  maybe i will not-meditate on this later.

ETA:  not sure what kind of fun i'm going to have later, but in the meantime, i'm a married woman working outside the home.  how ungodly.

Enjoying Cheese-its while I peruse FJ.. and I guess I won't be getting to any housework today.. hmmm, there's some leftover Christmas cookies... It's a beautiful day to watch television...

I had much coffee this morning. And quiche & berries for breakfast. A snack of a few mini Snickers. Another snack of a Slim Jim. I'm about to eat my lunch, which is left over scalloped potatoes with ham.

I am at work, where I work with both men and women ever day and no one cries. Well, at least not about the fact that they are in each others' presence.

After doing my job and earning an income, I will go to the gym where I will work out with men and women in varying stages of dress, none of them skirts, guaranteed. Not even sweats cut up and sewn into skirts.

After the gym I will meet friends for more food and alcoholic beverages to celebrate a birthday.

Essentially, food, jobs, friends, interaction with men, heathen clothes, alcohol, and being in public without an accountability partner ruins any possibility that a fast would do me any damn good in the first place. I am already condemned to hell and there is no hope for my blackened soul.

Headed to kitchen for a diet coke  (with lime, if you must know) + a half shot of Malibu to fight migraine. 

Will concentrate on fast-feast items if/when belly settles down. Binge listening to book on CD & not cleaning a darn thing all day.

3 hours ago, catlady said:

are we reverencing Steve with our anit-fast, or just making fun of him?  maybe i will not-meditate on this later.

I think it's safe to say that we're not reverencing Steve.  I view our efforts as an attempt to meet Steve's spiritual "force" with a hopefully equal or more powerful opposing force from FJ...not that we aren't also making fun of him.

I'm fasting from housework although I did put the trash cans out it being trash day and all.  I think I'll have egg rolls to begin with at lunch.

Texas BBQ Chicken pizza..... *drools Homer Simpson style* Half eaten now, half in the fridge for tomorrow. I've been wearing jogging bottoms all day. I went to tap class earlier. I do have to do the laundry, but you can bet I won't be taking photos of the process and sharing them with you. Because that shit is boring.

13 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

But but but that Mari Kondo looks SEVERELY immodest with her beautiful clothes that aren't jean skirts and she comes from a far away land where they don't practice Stevehovahism - how can we trust her to teach the Maxwells, or any fundie for that matter, how to organise and fold laundry???

Well, the li'l gal does wear skirts exclusively and usually opaque black tights, so there's that. However, IIRC her knees show AND her buttons contrast with her clothing. 

But...there *is* the fact of her going to a Shinto shrine to meditate and de-stress. You're right -- she will *never* do for them!

But they ain't me. ;-)

Well, damn, I fell behind on the Maxwells and didn't know about the anti-fast. And all I have on tap for dinner is leftovers, so which is anti-fast-ier—kung pao chicken or jambalaya?

[smirking at the thought of either being way too spicy for Steve, King Flavorless himself]

I did the small dishes, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher while listening to the news. Sent the husband to urgent care to get some meds for his toothache. (He can rival DJT for adjectives describing pain).

Put the ribs and mac and cheese in the oven. #1 child and I will eat and save some for him to eat later. 

Dogs are happy with the heat being turned on.... it's a balmy 52º here by the Redundant Beach. 

Will have ice cream for dessert and NCIS as entertainment. 

That's my anti fast and I'm sticking to it, even a day late.

1abtrex.jpg

30 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Naga Viper, why not both?

That's what DH said. "Jambalaya's still basically rice—can't we just put the chicken on top?"

I had the jambalaya. He had some of both, although I noticed he had the kung pao on the side. There was no mention of some random fundie patriarch being on my mind. :pb_lol:

Notice how Teri asked the mom of the Bible Bee kids if she's relieved that she no longer has to go over their verses every day. Teri always seems to automatically assume that other mothers find parenthood to be as joyless as she does. I'm not saying *I* would enjoy drilling kids in Bible memorization every day. (I would rather have kids who understand what they're reading, rather than parroting random, unrelated verses.) I also detest soccer and would therefore make a terrible soccer mom. But some families are into Bible memorization or soccer or playing the violin (another UGH!). I don't assume these parents dread the time they spend supporting their children in these endeavors, or that they look forward to when it's over.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

Also, I got a dad's corner this past week so Stevie is not really behind.

Oh, I dunno about that.  Steve-o is a huge behind (read: arse) in everything he sermonizes about.

No joy is apparent in his family's sad shuttered lives, and it's all because of him.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, mango_fandango said:

Maybe Joseph wants to do chin ups with his brothers? The Maxwells are hard to understand. 

Joseph wants to show his brothers just how much better and physically fit he is.

You NEVER eat too much Lindt chocolate!  Anyway, Steve has a new article about books AND reading. It's a concept. lol. Godly books when younger and then switch to how-to books / skills when older.  Simply must learn a trade by 10, folks!

* There is no spoiler. Why is it there?

We're just returning from holidays at the moment and are staying in a hotel so not only are we not fasting, we've done zero chores and had our meals delivered as room service. We're currently watching evil organised sports on the evil Beast TV set.

And this morning we went wine-tasting so our car is full of wine from the previous days of wine-tasting.

Best. Anti-Fast. Ever.

On 1/22/2017 at 4:53 PM, Palimpsest said:

The next Maxwell fast is scheduled for Tuesday if anyone wants to sign up for an antifast.  The ladies are crapping out though.  They are only abstaining from calories for breakfast and lunch but are eating dinner.  

And a sincere, if belated, "Welcome to FJ" to you.  It's always nice to welcome people who understand our culture.  Please post more often.  :) 

I don't mean to participate in a Maxwellian type thing, but "skipping" breakfast and lunch is just a normal day for me. I do drink coffee - black - though, so I'm not sure if that totally counts in Maxhelland

In addition to evil diet coke, I also started an audio book during my commute that is pure pleasure.  Thank you Jim Butcher and the novel Turn Coat which has the added bonus of a Wizard and Werewolves (so far)

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived