IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

On 2/20/2017 at 1:14 PM, slickcat79 said:

The "ministry" provides them with bare bones housing and 3 meals/week. The interns have to come up with the money for the rest of their food, travel, and misc. expenses. Oh, and 14 books from the required reading list :pb_rollseyes:

Their weekdays are scheduled from 5:30 AM to 5 PM, with evening and weekend commitments as well. They are also responsible for keeping the living quarters up to inspection standards at all times. Who wouldn't want to sign up for such an opportunity??

https://ncfic.org/uploads/about/2017 Intern Application and Explanation.pdf

I always wondered if Blair wanted to top from the bottom, so to speak. Given the options her father could come up with, maybe she felt like she'd have the best opportunity for control over her future to marry a man-child, especially one she already knew. And I think it would be hard to control her jealousy after seeing the insane fuss made over Kelly, with her courtship wedding and immediate stream of blessings. Might as well marry the first guy who presents himself and get in on all that.

At least the young men know how to clean? "No sister moms here, manliest men!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly seems to be back in NC for good. She is homeschooling them and whoever had the theory that Peter just didn't want that life anymore seems reasonable.  I feel for her and I hate that she is back in the life that put her in that situation to begin with.

Well, at least her mom and whoever else is there can help with childcare and there is a farm for the kids to roam -- assuming she's living with her mom and Scottie.  And yes, it is terribly sad that she's back in the fold.  However, at this point, just having help to wrangle 6 young children and knowing everyone will have three hot meals a day might be more important than anything else.  Unfortunately, it will expose those kids to some remarkably toxic beliefs. 

It will be verrrry interesting to see who goes after Kelly. Because 6 kids or not, it won't take long. And it'll almost certainly be someone who is well known to Peter.

Oy...

49 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

It will be verrrry interesting to see who goes after Kelly. Because 6 kids or not, it won't take long. And it'll almost certainly be someone who is well known to Peter.

Oy...

Hm...I don't see it!  Being female, she's the prime suspect for guilty party (she didn't do something right to make Peter leave), and thus repellent to any NCFIC suitors. 

Plus there are 6, count 'em, Bradrick! children. What widower or (suspiciously) single man of her age would be able to afford 6 kids (or 6 more kids)?  The men her age are as ill prepared as her ex- was for a real job.

The non-NCFIC men her age -- presuming Scottie would let them into the farm -- how many would take on another man's SIX kids?

Yes, Kelly continues to be a gorgeous woman, but six wee ones? It'll have to be a very special guy to want that. 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Oy...

Darnell?

38 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Hm...I don't see it!  Being female, she's the prime suspect for guilty party (she didn't do something right to make Peter leave), and thus repellent to any NCFIC suitors. 

Plus there are 6, count 'em, Bradrick! children. What widower or (suspiciously) single man of her age would be able to afford 6 kids (or 6 more kids)?  The men her age are as ill prepared as her ex- was for a real job.

The non-NCFIC men her age -- presuming Scottie would let them into the farm -- how many would take on another man's SIX kids?

Yes, Kelly continues to be a gorgeous woman, but six wee ones? It'll have to be a very special guy to want that. 

She's still Scottie's daughter.  And she's very pretty, even after six kids and a divorce.  Plus,  there's nothing publicly embarrassing that's come out about her.  I think DWT is right. Divorced fundies (who try to gloss over their earlier marriages) remarry all the time. 

5 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Darnell

Oh, I cringe at that thought!  But he's an attorney so probably makes good money and he seems to be a perpetual bachelor.  Personally, I think he's a closeted homosexual, so it would be a "good" pairing for him since certainly no one would expect him to have his own kids with Kelly in addition to her existing six.  That would really chap Bradrick!'s hide.

What a bunch of yentas we are here at FJ.  Tell me more about Darnell! 

The Fiddler on the Roof "Matchmaker Matchmaker" tune is suddenly an ear worm. 

I'd be pretty damn gun shy if I were Kelly. 

7 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

She's still Scottie's daughter.  And she's very pretty, even after six kids and a divorce.  Plus,  there's nothing publicly embarrassing that's come out about her.  I think DWT is right. Divorced fundies (who try to gloss over their earlier marriages) remarry all the time. 

Agree with this.   And frankly, being Scottie's daughter, she will be cut a lot of slack for being divorced.  Scottie will see to it that his grandkids grow up with a "dad" around.   Yes, Peter is still their dad but (at least at this point) he's a dad from a distance and he's soon to be Kelly's ex-husband. 

So, I googled "Darnell".  It's a thing.  Here are some entries on "Darnell" from Urban Dictionary.

Darnell- an exceptional guy. Down right amazing. Very very attractive. Often black. Very open minded, a great friend always there to support you in a time of need and will always stand up for what's right. Critical and quick to state his opinion, very honest. He's a great boyfriend and he has no problem with admitting his feelings for you as long as he feels you're deserving of them. Loves with all of his heart and will give you the world if feasible. Very silly, funny, laid back, well educated articulate, and a freak on the low. Darnell's like to try new things especially when with loved ones. An all around perfect guy. If you meet a Darnell smother him with love and kisses and keep him around for as long as possible.

Omg, that guy was so well spoken and cute, such a Darnell!

Urban Dictionary Darnell II: 

Darnell is an amazing guy. He's special. Different. More than often everyone likes him and enjoys his company. His taste in music and thoughts and views on life are perfection. He's deep. At first glance he's just a really cute guy that's tall and amazing at basketball with a beautiful smile. But he's so much more than that. The way he talks about things and laughs is refreshing. You couldn't ever get bored with a guy like darnell. He's an amazing friend, brother, son, boyfriend & more. If you've got a darnell, you're blessed.

Darnell is the best guy ever.

Kelly, here's hoping you get a Darnell, but not necessarily THE Darnell. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

What a bunch of yentas we are here at FJ.  Tell me more about Darnell! 

The Fiddler on the Roof "Matchmaker Matchmaker" tune is suddenly an ear worm. 

I'd be pretty damn gun shy if I were Kelly. 

Nathaniel Darnell, attorney w diploma from the LawSOTDRT (SOTDRTSOLaw?), accurately nicked Evil Jakey G by our own DWT, because Natty resembles actor Jake Gyllenhaal. 

Natso was engaged but the arrangement, er, relationship ended without a wedding. 

@acheronbeach and @DomWackTroll et.al., I bow to your greater insights. I'm now on the ISB for Kelly's remarriage, ticket punched!

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Tell me more about Darnell! 

I fucking can't stand Darnell! I call him Natty.  He was a DPIAT defender and got all holier than thou with Bradrick repudiating Doug, IIRC

I suppose he might be on the road to recovery but it is a really long shot.  I wouldn't wish him on anyone, certainly not Kelly.

Natty was a VF intern, he's in a lot of VF videos, he has a JD from Oak Brook School of almost Law, and seemed to be set for a political career at one point.  He seems to have dwindled into financial planning however.

He spent a lot of time on the Christian Reconstructionalist Facebook page (unholy kinism) but it is now private so I can't stalk him there. Oh, and he had a now defunct website called Persevero!

Here's his bio from GoodReads:

Nathaniel Darnell is a sinner redeemed by the miraculous grace of God through the atoning work of Christ. As a redeemed soul, his foremost desire is to be a Christian man who stands fast in God’s grace to advance the Kingdom of God without compromise, “bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” as II Corinthians 10:5 commands.

At the age of fourteen, Nathaniel began serving as a legislative aide at the Georgia State Capitol. He worked there for seven years, serving eight different state legislators. From that experience the Lord gave Him an interest in law and civil government, and he soon began studying the Christian principles of Law, profiting especially from the scholarship of David Barton, Gary DeMar, and R.J. Rushdoony. In 2008 Nathaniel graduated from Oak Brook College of Law with a Juris Doctorate (J.D.).

In addition to law, Nathaniel has developed an ability in video production. In 2004 his family founded Valor Visual Media, Inc., which supported Christian organizations by helping them produce instructive and inspirational video resources.

In 2009 Nathaniel authored the young adult novel Glory, Duty, & the Gold Dome, the first in the Sires & Sons Adventure Series. The novel was based largely on his experiences working at the Georgia State Capitol and was published by Vision Forum.

The young adult novel was exceedingly badly written.  I'm pretty sure we mocked it here.

Back to "Fiddler" -- when is it not a very welcome ear worm?? 

And when did Alfred Molina play Tevye?  Oh to have seen that. His current portrayal of Robert Aldrich on "Feud" is making me feel sorry for Aldrich!!! Sigh... Alfie!

Hey, Vaughn Ohlman left a goodreads review on Darnell's YA book. Vaughn reads a butt-ton of fantasy and sci-fi and generously doles out one-star ratings to every book on courtship not written by himself.

profiting especially from the scholarship of David Barton,

Anyone who thinks they are profiting from the "scholarship" of David Barton is a lost cause.  

Nathaniel has developed an ability in video production.

Srsly?

I just checked out Natty Darnell's fb.  Seriously annoying guy. 

Being that she's back in the "fold", though I think that to ensure food and shelter for six kids, she probably had little choice but to go back, but any remarriage prospects will be with someone also in the fold, whoever it is.   

I have no way of knowing this, but I always suspected things were not that great between Scottie and Bradrick! after the Fall of Dougie.   Between Bradrick's confrontation with DPIAT and then suddenly moving across the country back to his family shortly afterward it suggested to me a distinct possibility of a rift.   Based on this, I see it more likely that Peter was the one to have became disenchanted and if so (and it was behind the divorce), he's going to be persona non grata to Scottie.   Scottie will make sure that anyone Kelly marries will be one to tow the line after she was "failed" by her husband. 

I could be wrong about the above but in any case, she's back with her family and they will see to it she and the kids are taken care of.  But I wonder how Peter will fare being separated from his kids and, if his relationship with his soon to be former in laws is not good, then how much it will impact his ability to see his kids and be a presence in their lives.   

I agree that she will probably remarry. 6 kids can be a daunting prospect to NORMAL American men. But she's a beautiful high ranking fundie girl. 

Think about why she is still a prize in fundie land. 1) she is obviously fertile. So she is practically a sure thing if you want a few kids. 2) she's still the daughter of fundie royalty. Nothing changed there. And she obviously still has the support of her family. 3) she wasn't tainted by wrongdoing in the divorce for example her possibly cheating doesn't seem to be likely. 4) she has demonstrated that she is a good homemaker. 5) she's still gorgeous after six kids so that's unlikely to change after more. 6) she's still got a few years before menopause so she could have 6 more if she wanted. 7) fundie men really aren't expected to do much with kids. So sure he would have to put up with 6 kids in he house, but it may not be a huge deal since Bradrick is probably providing child support and Kelly is expected to do all the childcare. 

I kind of see it as a young beautiful widow that comes from a noble family in England a few hundred years ago. She would be a catch and a half thanks to the antiquated way things worked back then and in fundie circles now. 

5 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

Oh, I cringe at that thought!  But he's an attorney so probably makes good money and he seems to be a perpetual bachelor.  Personally, I think he's a closeted homosexual, so it would be a "good" pairing for him since certainly no one would expect him to have his own kids with Kelly in addition to her existing six.  That would really chap Bradrick!'s hide.

I was going to say that it would have to be a closeted gay man, or "confirmed bachelor" as we used to call them, who wants a family as well as a beard.

But you know who wouldn't be a catch after divorce? Poor Esther Schrader. Not only does she have ten kids, she comes from a poor and barely known (only through the Duggars)  family, she's getting close to menopause age, and her ex would most likely provide little child support for ten kids. So yeah, she is stuck. 

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I kind of see it as a young beautiful widow that comes from a noble family in England a few hundred years ago. She would be a catch and a half thanks to the antiquated way things worked back then and in fundie circles now. 

Sort of what I was thinking.   Kelly has some advantages thanks to the fact she lives in a throwback world.  And her father, like a king, has some power.

On 1/24/2017 at 5:30 AM, nokidsmom said:

...I started to look at the video and the Botkinettes' stare is just unnerving.   I agree with another poster upthread who said that maybe it wasn't Daddy keeping the suitors away after all. 

Well, if your father's first action and intention toward you was to pray over your eggs while he held you in his arms for the first time, i.e., Geoff's reaction to the birth of his first daughter... Geoff raised those girls and responded to them with some seriously messed up shit. No wonder they are robotkinettes!

While I agree that a closeted dude could definitely see an opportunity here, I think a straight one would have the "hero" motivation as well. Whoever it is is going to be seen as a knight in shining armor by the Elect, PLUS he gets a hot, well-connected sex partner. 

Scott will find some way to spin this, that's for sure. 

So, Kelly is back home with mom & dad - and six kids -  a decade after the wedding of the century in their circles. 

Katie Smith is also back home, even though for different reasons - and eight kids - a decade after the foot washing wedding of the century in their particular fundie circle.

Two women held up as the mindless, perfect Christian women of patriarchy, are now living back where they started.

Somehow, I can't imagine a single person in their worlds questioning the insanity of their movements. 

Seriously. It wasn't all that long ago both women were still held up as pillars of perfect, patriarchal, Christian women. Now, both screwed and back at square one - with a bunch of children they are responsible for. 

It breaks my heart for them, but for their fathers and those in their circles, I want to start shitting on a whole bunch of them. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived