IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

On 1/3/2017 at 5:05 PM, teachergirl said:

I was waiting for someone else to wonder about where Peter has been on her IG....She actually has been home twice since August and this visit was a month long.  People kept posting about trials and praying and needing your friends...It has made me wonder just a bit what is going on.  The whole time she was gone she didn't mention one time about Peter or her kids missing him.  When she returned her first post was about missing her best friend. who had come over to visit. Could be NOTHING but it sure had made me wonder.  The one thing I like about Kelly is her honesty.  She is very upfront about how hard having 6 kids is, something I dont think she could have ever said before.

It gives me no joy to report that Peter Bradrick has filed for divorce:

https://linxonline.co.pierce.wa.us/linxweb/Case/CivilCase.cfm?cause_num=17-3-00135-9

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 10.41.27 PM.png

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:pb_eek:

Now this is something I really did not expect. And I never thought it would be Peter to do it, Kelly yes, maybe. Maybe he _really_ changed after the VF and Dougie fiasco but she did not (pure speculation, of course) and that made their marriage impossible in the long run. I just feel for those SIX innocent kids who did not ask to be born into this cult and are now suffering from the shitstorm their parents were creating along with others.

Holy fuck...

I'm really schocked and I feel very sorry the kids.

Wow.

Is Kelly educated any better than the rest of the (former) SAHDs that we snark on? Could she support herself and the kiddos? I hope she doesn't have to get back to her parents or that they are at least supportive and don't blame her.

Wow. I'm really schocked.

wow...that makes me so sad. I thought something was up and in a picture on IG, she isn't wearing her ring. wow, maybe when two almost complete strangers are married as the picture of this movement, w,hen life gets going, they find out they don't each know other. I hope she is getting the love and support she needs, I like her on IG and I like her for holding her head high  through this. wow.

I'm shocked too. I hope that both of them get the support they need to move on with their lives and do their best to provide the six children with a stable life. 

I think Peter and Kelly never really had a chance to be their own selves because of the brainwashing by their parents. We know both Ma Bradrick (can't remember her name) and Deborah Brown recommended hitting kids -  Bradrick wrote an article about it and Brown spoke on a video, encouraging hitting a little more if the child won't co-operate after the first hit. And we all know smarmy Scottie Brown and his dominionist visions... Of course, without a doubt Peter and Kelly are adults responsible for their own actions, but I still think that with parents like these, they never really got a chance. They both need proper secular counsel and therapy to undo everything they've ever learned.

Lawzamercy, officially gobsmacked, and oddly, very sad, because it's hard for the kids.  If Kelly moves back home, the kids are separated from their dad.  Hopefully Bradrick! is successful enough with his real estate endeavors that he can provide some measure of reasonable child support.   

The VF/NCFIC flagship marriage  goes down in flames after 6 blessings; sadly, insight is not the strong point for these types so likely no lessons learned.  

I see Scottie Brown's no-gossip! rule going up in flames--this is just too juicy a scandal.  Maybe there's a way for these people to gossip by couching everything in bible-speak:  "I wonder,  what did God say to Peter in this season of his life that would cause him to shed his God-ordained marriage? Did Kelly not pray hard enough to be a God honoring, husband honoring complementarian wife?  Was there defrauding behavior? Let's pray that God will reveal his intention about this, with details,  in his own time ASAP because GOD, we're dying here! GOD? GOD?????"   Because, yeah, they are just dying to know!

Maybe Peter initiating divorce will make it easier for Kelly in that world, which abhors divorce.  Some theological hard asses do not believe in remarriage after divorce. Period.  However, I couldn't force myself to read through the few things I found online to get a sense of the official NCFIC/Scottie Brown stance on remarriage. 

Maybe Scottie is flogging his followers for $$ because his household is increasing by 7 people. 

To satisfy my morbid curiosity: 

How long did this marriage last?

How old is Kelly now? How old is Peter?

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

Lawzamercy, officially gobsmacked, and oddly, very sad, because it's hard for the kids.  If Kelly moves back home, the kids are separated from their dad.  Hopefully Bradrick! is successful enough with his real estate endeavors that he can provide some measure of reasonable child support.   

The VF/NCFIC flagship marriage  goes down in flames after 6 blessings; sadly, insight is not the strong point for these types so likely no lessons learned.  

I see Scottie Brown's no-gossip! rule going up in flames--this is just too juicy a scandal.  Maybe there's a way for these people to gossip by couching everything in bible-speak:  "I wonder,  what did God say to Peter in this season of his life that would cause him to shed his God-ordained marriage? Did Kelly not pray hard enough to be a God honoring, husband honoring complementarian wife?  Was there defrauding behavior? Let's pray that God will reveal his intention about this, with details,  in his own time ASAP because GOD, we're dying here! GOD? GOD?????"   Because, yeah, they are just dying to know!

Maybe Peter initiating divorce will make it easier for Kelly in that world, which abhors divorce.  Some theological hard asses do not believe in remarriage after divorce. Period.  However, I couldn't force myself to read through the few things I found online to get a sense of the official NCFIC/Scottie Brown stance on remarriage. 

Maybe Scottie is flogging his followers for $$ because his household is increasing by 7 people. 

To satisfy my morbid curiosity: 

How long did this marriage last?

How old is Kelly now? How old is Peter?

They were married the 26th of august in 2006 so their marriage lasted for a little over ten years. They had 6 children in the first 7 or 8 years of marriage.

I think Kelly was born in 84 and Peter is maybe a few years older, but I don't know exactly.

The recap of their wedding on Blair's (Kelly's sister) old blog. All about warriors and filling your quiver. Look what that mentality got them. http://raisedinthebarn.blogspot.de/2008/09/in-remembrance-of-my-dear-sisters.html

Really sad to read this. I was hoping that the move to Washington was the start of a new, more normal, life for the family. I hope things work out for them after the divorce.

I first heard of Peter and Kelly in Kathryn Joyce's Quiverfull.  When Kelly was mentioned here, I was like, isn't she the one who named her kid Triumph?

This is really sad news.  I wish the Bradricks, and especially their children, healing whatever happened.  

Of course, Peter and Kelly haven't been featured on Scottie's marriage conference materials since DPIAT disowned the "destroyer."  Peter Bradrick stood up to Doug and I will always respect him for that.

Some background info for those not familiar with the Fall of DPIAT:

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/11/29/doug-phillips-disowns-former-vision-forum-executive-assistant-to-president-peter-bradrick-calls-him-destroyer-when-confronted-about-sins/

34 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I first heard of Peter and Kelly in Kathryn Joyce's Quiverfull.  When Kelly was mentioned here, I was like, isn't she the one who named her kid Triumph?

Yes.  I can't remember the name of the last child but Triumph Perseverance, Knox Defender, Loyal Cromwell, Geneva Constance, and Michael Courage are indelibly etched on my brain.

34 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

This is really sad news.  I wish the Bradricks, and especially their children, healing whatever happened.  

Of course, Peter and Kelly haven't been featured on Scottie's marriage conference materials since DPIAT disowned the "destroyer."  Peter Bradrick stood up to Doug and I will always respect him for that.

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/11/29/doug-phillips-disowns-former-vision-forum-executive-assistant-to-president-peter-bradrick-calls-him-destroyer-when-confronted-about-sins/

Yes.  I can't remember the name of the last child but Triumph Perseverance, Knox Defender, Loyal Cromwell, Geneva Constance, and Michael Courage are indelibly etched on my brain.

CROMWELL?

I am... surprised that I'm surprised, I guess. Wow. Cromwell. 

14 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

CROMWELL?

I am... surprised that I'm surprised, I guess. Wow. Cromwell. 

While in the UK old Ollie Cromwell is generally thought of as a decapitator of monarchs, the scourge of Ireland, and the ultimate party pooper (especially for for cancelling Christmas), he is generally well regarded by this brand of Fundie.  They see him as the Great Protector, a wonderful spiritual and moral reformer (especially for cancelling Christmas), and a very good thing.  He also mostly left the US colonies alone except to support fellow Puritans.

I know someone who claims to be a direct descendant of Cromwell.  He's a fun loving Catholic. :)

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

The youngest son is named Shepherd Thomas. Born in May 2014.

This is very sad news. I'm sorry for them & had hoped the move to WA several years ago was a major positive step for them. I also hope that Peter's real estate career is successful enough to provide sufficient child support & alimony for Kelly & the kids to live by themselves, and not be dependent on either set of grandparents for food, housing & other basics.

Although she was propped up to a ridiculous extent by DPIAT & VF, Kelly did actually research, write & publish a book before her marriage to Bradrick! Maybe -- with the help of time, distance & reflection -- she can find her own voice now and write her own memoir on how & why she got to this point in her life. 

24 minutes ago, Clementine said:

The youngest son is named Shepherd Thomas. Born in May 2014.

Thanks. That's almost normal.  No wonder it doesn't stick in my brain.  

Wow, this saddens me. Who knows what a wonderful life together Peter and Kelly might have had if they'd just been allowed to be normal kids falling in love in the normal way? 

One thing I'll say for Peter, he's always seemed to have a good work ethic. And God knows he'll need it now. 

Damn!  I had hoped that when they left the land of NCFIC headquarters that they would be free to be a somewhat normal family. This is sad.  Another failed courtship.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, it's bad when such young children have to deal with the messy fallout of divorce. On the other hand, I think of many fundie women that we discuss who I think would be better off divorced (E.g., Anna Duggar, Katie S'Morton, Esther Schrader, and even Beall Phillips) but won't because of their belief that divorce is never acceptable. Perhaps the only thing keeping Peter and Kelly together was their nutty VF beliefs and once that was gone, they realized they were just two strangers that shared a Quiverfull of children. Regardless, this is just more evidence that courtship and arranged marriage is no guarantee against having a messy life.

Not much shocks me anymore (if Donald Trump can be elected President...:pb_confused: ), but this has left me with my jaw on the floor. So sorry for those poor kids. :pb_cry:

I feel bad for the kids in this situation. It's sad when any couple grows apart but these two just show that the courtship model, really doesn't work. Poor kids. I hope they find peace in all of this. 

Whatever gripes I may have with the beliefs they proclaimed, I wish both of them and their children the best in these circumstances.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived